Be inspired and encouraged by these St Therese of Lisieux quotes.
Even though Therese only lived 24 short years, she spent her time on earth making such an impact that she is one of the most popular saints in the Catholic church. She is often referred to as The Little Flower or The Little Flower of Jesus.
Her childhood years were not easy as she lost her mother at a young age and struggled with several illnesses.
However, as you’ll find in these St. Therese of Lisieux quotes, she learned to focus on living her life dedicated to loving others and focusing on living right in the eyes of God.
Don’t forget to also check out these spiritual saint quotes that are good for the soul.
St Therese of Lisieux quotes on living right
1. “Let us love, since that is what our hearts were made for.” – St Therese of Lisieux
2. “If I did not simply live from one moment to another, it would be impossible for me to be patient; but I only look at the present, I forget the past, and I take good care not to forestall the future.” – St Therese of Lisieux
3. “When something painful or disagreeable happens to me, instead of a melancholy look, I answer with a smile. At first, I did not always succeed, but now it has become a habit which I am glad to have acquired.” – St Therese of Lisieux
4. “Miss no single opportunity of making some small sacrifice, here by a smiling look, there by a kindly word; always doing the smallest right and doing it all for love.” – St Therese of Lisieux
5. “Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be and becoming that person.” – St Therese of Lisieux
6. “To live in love is to sail forever, spreading seeds of joy and peace in hearts.” – St Therese of Lisieux
7. “Jesus does not demand great actions from us, but simply surrender and gratitude.” – St Therese of Lisieux
8. “True love feeds on sacrifice and becomes more pure and strong the more our natural satisfaction is denied.” – St Therese of Lisieux
9. “Judge not, and ye shall not be judged.” – St Therese of Lisieux
10. “It’s true, I suffer a great deal–but do I suffer well? That is the question.” – St Therese of Lisieux
11. “True happiness on earth consists in being forgotten and in remaining completely ignorant of created things. I understood that all we accomplish, however brilliant, is worth nothing without love.” – St Therese of Lisieux
12. “Without love, deeds, even the most brilliant, count as nothing.” – St Therese of Lisieux
13. “It is better to leave each one in his own opinion than to enter into arguments.” – St Therese of Lisieux
St. Therese of Lisieux Quotes about people
14. “True charity consists in bearing all our neighbor’s defects – not being surprised at their weakness, but edified at their smallest virtues.” – St Therese of Lisieux
15. “Our Lord’s love shines out just as much through a little soul who yields completely to His Grace as it does through the greatest.” – St Therese of Lisieux
16. “The loveliest masterpiece of the heart of God is the heart of a mother.” – St Therese of Lisieux
17. “Only God can see what is in the bottom of our hearts; we are half-blind.” – St Therese of Lisieux
18. “If a little flower could speak, it seems to me that it would tell us quite simply all that God has done for it, without hiding any of its gifts. It would not, under the pretext of humility, say that it was not pretty, or that it had not a sweet scent, that the sun had withered its petals, or the storm bruised its stem if it knew that such were not the case.” – St Therese of Lisieux
19. “I said before, that I have learned much by guiding others. In the first place, I see that all souls have more or less the same battles to fight, and on the other hand, that one soul differs widely from another, so each must be dealt with differently.” – St Therese of Lisieux
20. “If every flower wanted to be a rose, nature would lose her springtime beauty.” – St Therese of Lisieux
Religious St. Therese of Lisieux Quotes
21. “The good God does not need years to accomplish His work of love in a soul; one ray from His Heart can, in an instant, make His flower bloom for eternity.” – St Therese of Lisieux
22. “Holiness consists simply in doing God’s will, and being just what God wants us to be.” – St Therese of Lisieux
23. “Do you realize that Jesus is there in the tabernacle expressly for you – for you alone? He burns with the desire to come into your heart… Don’t listen to the demon; laugh at him, and go without fear to receive the Jesus of peace and love.” – St Therese of Lisieux
24. “My whole strength lies in prayer and sacrifice; these are my invincible arms; they can move hearts far better than words.” – St Therese of Lisieux
25. “Ah! How contrary are the teachings of Jesus to the feelings of nature! Without the help of His grace, it would be impossible not only to put them into practice but to even understand them.” – St Therese of Lisieux
26. “I have often heard it said in retreats and elsewhere that an innocent soul never loves God as much as a repentant one, and how I long to prove that is not true.” – St Therese of Lisieux
27. “Jesus has chosen to show me the only way which leads to the Divine Furnace of love; it is the way of childlike self-surrender, the way of a child who sleeps, afraid of nothing, in its father’s arms.” – St Therese of Lisieux
28. “Then, overcome by joy, I cried, ‘Jesus, my love. At last, I have found my vocation. My vocation is love. In the heart of the Church, my mother, I will be love, and then I will be all things.” – St Therese of Lisieux
29. “God would never inspire me with desires which cannot be realized; so in spite of my littleness, I can hope to be a saint.” – St Therese of Lisieux
30. “I can nourish myself on nothing but truth.” – St Therese of Lisieux
31. “Holiness consists simply in doing God’s will, and being just what God wants us to be.” – St Therese of Lisieux
32. “For me, prayer is a surge of the heart; it is a simple look turned toward heaven, it is a cry of recognition and of love, embracing both trial and joy.” – St Therese of Lisieux
33. “It is consoling that he who must judge us dwell in us to save us always from all of our miseries, and to pardon us.” – St Therese of Lisieux
34. “Go often to Holy Communion. Go very often! This is your one remedy.” – St Therese of Lisieux
Encouraging St Therese of Lisieux quotes
35. “Remember that nothing is small in the eyes of God. Do all that you do with love.” – St Therese of Lisieux
36. “Love can accomplish all things. Things that are most impossible become easy where love is at work.” – St Therese of Lisieux
37. “Just as the sun shines on all the trees and flowers as if each were the only one on earth, so does God care for all souls in a special manner.” – St Therese of Lisieux
38. “Kindness is my only guiding star. In its light, I sail a straight route, I have my motto written on my sail: ‘To live in love.’” – St Therese of Lisieux
39. “Joy is not found in the things which surround us, but lives only in the soul.” – St Therese of Lisieux
40. “You know well enough that Our Lord does not look so much at the greatness of our actions, nor even at their difficulty, but at the love with which we do them.” – St Therese of Lisieux
41. “A word or a smile is often enough to put fresh life in a despondent soul.” – St Therese of Lisieux
42. “I am the smallest of creatures and I recognize my worthlessness, but I also know how hearts that are generous and noble love to do good.” – St Therese of Lisieux
43. “It is wrong to pass one’s time in fretting, instead of sleeping on the Heart of Jesus.” – St Therese of Lisieux
More St Therese of Lisieux quotes
44. “When I die, I will send down a shower of roses from the heavens, I will spend my heaven by doing good on earth.” – St Therese of Lisieux
45. “Thus the ordinary, uncontrolled chattering we call “prose” changes its nature, like coal becoming incandescent. Poetry resembles music.” – St Therese of Lisieux
46. “I prefer the monotony of obscure sacrifices to all ecstasies. To pick up a pin for love can convert a soul.” – St Therese of Lisieux
47. “Time is your boat not your home.” – St Therese of Lisieux
48. “When one loves, one does not calculate.” – St Therese of Lisieux
49. “The world’s thy ship and not thy home.” – St Therese of Lisieux
50. “That beautiful day passed just as the saddest ones do, since the most radiant of days has a tomorrow.” – St Therese of Lisieux
What did you learn from these St Therese of Lisieux quotes?
Hopefully, you feel encouraged and inspired by the words of St Therese of Lisieux. There are so many things she said that we can all learn from, regardless of our religious beliefs.
She learned how to be well in control of her emotions and reactions. By focusing on making sure love was part of everything she did, she set an example that we can all benefit from.
If St Therese of Lisieux was still alive today, I think she would be focused on loving everyone around her, regardless of where they stood on the issues of our day and age. She knew that arguing didn’t benefit anyone. And that’s something we should all remember.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these St Therese of Lisieux quotes and sayings? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
December 29, 2020 7:00 AM EST