Are you a step dad or do you have a step dad? These step dad quotes will help you appreciate your blended family even more.
Raising children is no easy feat. But it takes someone special to lovingly raise a child that is not of their own blood. It takes a great deal of compassion, commitment, and patience to step into an existing family and into the role of step dad.
What makes a blended family special?
Many challenges come with being a part of a blended family. It can be a difficult transition for everyone involved, especially if the family you are entering has experienced pain from a breakup or death. It is important for everyone involved to know that the role of the stepdad is not replacing dad, but it is a whole new and equally important role in the family dynamic.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and special step dad quotes and sayings, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Important Step dad quotes
1. “Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad, and that’s why I call you dad, because you are so special to me. You taught me the game and you taught me how to play it right.” — Wade Boggs
2. “He adopted a role called being a father so that his child would have something mythical and infinitely important: a protector.” — Tom Wolfe
3. “The power of a dad in a child’s life is unmatched.” — Justin Ricklefs
4. “Stepparents are not around to replace a biological parent, rather to augment a child’s life experience.” — Azriel Johnson
5. “Lookin’ back all I can say about all the things he did for me is I hope I’m at least half the dad that he didn’t have to be.” — Brad Paisley
6. “Family is not an important thing. It’s everything.” — Michael J. Fox
7. “Behind every young child who believes in himself is a parent who believed first.” — Matthew L. Jacobson
8. “A stepparent is so much more than just a parent; they made the choice to love when they didn’t have to.” — Unknown
9. “The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.” — Antoine-Francois Prevost
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of Father’s Day quotes, celebrating dads all around the world.
10. “Step-parenting and being a stepsibling presents a lot of exciting opportunities. When families break up and re-form, there may be less order, less certainty, and a bit more trauma involved, but kids can end up having half-a-dozen parent figures.” — Morris Gleitzman
11. “My father left when I was three, and I have no memory of him. The most significant male figures in my life were my grandfather, in whose house I lived during the first 10 years of my childhood, and later, my stepfather.” — Isabel Allende
12. “What do you see when you look at him?” “My guardian. My friend. I know he can’t be replaced, but I believe he’ll do everything to light my world after father’s demise.” Said the girl looking at her stepfather.” — Abhijit Mandal
13. “Any man can be a Father it takes someone special to be a Dad.” — Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of father daughter quotes about their unbreakable bond.
Quotes about being a step dad
14. “When my dad passed away, I felt depressed and miserable. But then another angel came in my life. He gave me all his love, care and affection. He never asked me to forget my dad, but he helped to get me through his memories. No, he’s not my boyfriend. He’s my stepdad.” — Ruhforsoul
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of powerful depression quotes that will provide perspective.
15. “It takes a strong man to accept somebody else’s children and step up to the plate another man left on the table.” — Ray Johnson
16. “My Stepdad may not have given me life, but he sure has made my life better.” — Gerardo Campbell
17. “A Step Father means so many things… an understanding heart, a source of strength and of support, right from the very start.” — Unknown
18. “Stepfathers are no less than those of blood: The spirit is more comely than the flesh. Fathers are defined by how they love and not by how they multiply or breed.” — Unknown
19. “Stepparents can be awesome. Because their love is their choice.” — Unknown
20. “For better or worse, step-parenting is self-conscious parenting. You’re damned if you do, and damned if you don’t.” — Unknown
21. “I got my love of jazz from my stepfather, who was a jazz musician.” — Flea
22. “Step-parenting is like working at a late-night convenience store…all of the responsibility and none of the authority.” — Valerie J. Lewis Coleman
23. “A dad is someone who wants to catch you before you fall but instead picks you up, brushes you off, and lets you try again.” — Unknown
24. “A Dad is one who is always there can always be counted on always has time, always encouraging, that is you Dad.” — C. Lynch
25. “Becoming a father is a challenge to any man’s psyche and there is a fundamental reorganization that you cannot avoid when you begin this journey.” — Bruce Linton
26. “Who cares if another woman or man loves your child, plays with your child, or builds a healthy relationship with your child — either way your child is benefiting.” — Jessica James
27. “A child cannot have too many people who love them and want to help them succeed.” — Unknown
28. “A good stepparent can literally turn the life of a child around.” — Unknown
Also read these blended family quotes to share with your loved ones.
Step dad quotes about commitment
29. “Family isn’t defined only by last names or by blood; it’s defined by commitment and by love.” — Dave Willis
30. “Any fool can have a child. That doesn’t make you a father. It’s the courage to raise a child that makes you a father.” — Barack Obama
31. “My mom is my heart. But my stepdad was my role model, the hardest working man I ever knew.” — Brian Urlacher
32. “If you are a stepparent, rush right out and get yourself a dog. Because it’s very nice to have someone in the house that loves you.” — Delia Ephron
33. “A stepparent doesn’t just marry a spouse: they marry their spouse’s entire situation. They have to find a balance between supporting and defending without overstepping visible and invisible boundaries.” — Unknown
34. “Any man can help make a child, but it takes a special man to help raise a child.” — Tony Gaskins
35. “Intimacy between stepchildren and stepparents is indeed proverbially difficult.” — Marasaki Shikubu
36. “Fatherhood requires love, not DNA.” — Unknown
37. “Finally, he gave her his name. Dad she called. Stepfather society said.” — Ramya Kumar
38. “He never treated me like I was a package deal. I wasn’t a burden in his eyes, I was a bonus.” — Ashley Stock
Step dad quotes about being a family
39. “I grew up a poor kid in Florida, and I was always in Florida living with my stepfather and my mother, and we used to, every year, sit down and watch ‘The Wizard of Oz.’ And I think to this day that’s probably the foundation for everything I’ve done.” — Kenny Leon
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Wizard of Oz quotes from the iconic movie.
40. “The only thing better than having you for a husband, is our children having you for a dad.” — Unknown
41. “When it feels as if you can’t do right by the other parent, do right by your stepchild instead. You’ll never fail with best interest at heart.” — Jessica James
42. “The only steps in this house are the stair steps and the only half in this house is the half & half creamer.” — Al Hodson
43. “My father taught me to love.” — Sayema Syed
44. “It’s not flesh and blood but the heart that makes us father and son.” — Johann Schiller
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Father-Son quotes about the power of their bond.
45. “Family isn’t something that’s supposed to be static or set. It’s always evolving, turning into something else.” — Sarah Dessen
46. “We aren’t ‘step,’ we aren’t ‘half,’ we’re just family.” — Unknown
47. “Family not by birth but by good fortune, I’m so lucky to have you in my life.” — Unknown
48. “To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there.” — Barbara Bush
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Barbara Bush quotes that will help you understand the complexities of life.
49. “Being a step parent is a rough job. But going to bed every night knowing that you are loved by kids who aren’t biologically yours is a great feeling.” — Unknown
50. “Behind every young child who believes in himself is a parent who believed first.” — Matthew L. Jacobson
Did these step dad quotes warm your heart?
Whether you created your children, or if you joined up with them later in life, it’s hard to be a parent. But it can also be pretty dang wonderful.
Whenever you’re having a tough day or if you think you may not have it in you to be a good parent, return to these step dad quotes and remember how important being a stepdad is. Let these quotes remind you that nobody is perfect and that you are doing your best. Your kids will appreciate your effort and will see you for the amazing dad that you are.
Do you appreciate these step dad quotes and sayings? Do you have a special story to share about your blended family? Let us know in the comment section below.
January 19, 2020 7:58 AM EST