Unappreciated Quotes for When You’re Feeling Undervalued
February 28, 2023 5:00 AM EST
These meaningful quotes about appreciation will fill your heart with emotion.
What do you say to someone who feels unappreciated?
It can be hard to find the right words to express your love and admiration for someone.
Sometimes the best way to tell someone that you appreciate them is to be honest and direct.
This collection of unappreciated quotes will make you realize how important it is to share your appreciation with others.
You may also enjoy our article on:
Research from the University of California, Berkeley, suggests that feeling unappreciated can lead to frustration, resentment, and disengagement in the workplace.
Unappreciated quotes that help individuals acknowledge and process these emotions can be an essential tool for preventing burnout and maintaining motivation.
Everyone has felt undervalued at some point in their life.
Whether you’ve been overlooked at work, school, or home, it’s a bad feeling to be unappreciated.
Have you ever wondered how to make someone feel valued or how to deal with your own unappreciated feelings?
These incredible quotes will help open your mind to the importance of love, loyalty, and admiration.
Share these words of wisdom with your friends and family to let them know that you truly appreciate them.
Don’t forget to also check out these appreciation quotes celebrating success, life and love.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has all of our motivational quotes for all the different areas of life.
Unappreciated quotes for when you’re feeling undervalued
Research from the University of Texas at Austin suggests that feeling unappreciated can lead to feelings of low self-worth and self-doubt, which undermines an individual’s ability to achieve their goals and fulfill their potential.
Unappreciated quotes that help individuals recognize their own value and worth can be an important tool for promoting self-confidence and self-empowerment.
1. “It’s a great feeling when your work is appreciated.” – Jacqueline Fernandez
You will also enjoy our article on being used quotes.
2. “No book can be appreciated until it has been slept with and dreamed over.” – Eugene Field
You will also enjoy our article on thank you quotes.
3. “We can’t be afraid to dismiss the unappreciative.” – Dominic Riccitello
You will also enjoy our article on bad relationship quotes.
4. “Everyone wants to be appreciated, so if you appreciate someone, don’t keep it a secret.” – Mary Kay Ash
You will also enjoy our article on jocko willink quotes.
5. “He who undervalues himself is justly undervalued by others.” – William Hazlitt
You will also enjoy our article on when the going gets tough quotes.
6. “Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.” – Voltaire
You will also enjoy our article on snoop dogg quotes.
7. “Remember that a gesture of friendship, no matter how small, is always appreciated.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
You will also enjoy our article on feelings quotes.
8. “Even though they are paid differently, everyone has to feel appreciated.” – Roger Staubach
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about helping others.
9. “I don’t think I should settle for anything less than what I’m valued at.” – Le’Veon Bell
You will also enjoy our article on lawyer quotes.
10. “If they don’t appreciate you, they don’t deserve you.” – Mary J. Blige
Unappreciated quotes to highlight the importance of expressing appreciation
According to a study by the University of Michigan, feeling unappreciated can negatively affect both physical and mental health due to increased stress and decreased well-being.
Unappreciated quotes that help individuals reframe their experiences and focus on the positive aspects of their lives can effectively counteract these negative effects.
11. “Hanging with people who make you feel unappreciated, for the mere sake of appearing to be popular, is the loneliest place to be.” – Ellen J. Barrier
12. “Life is too short to waste your time on people who don’t respect, appreciate, and value you.” – Roy T. Bennett
13. “In some ways, it’s better to be undervalued a little than overvalued a lot, just because it’s still easy to believe our best days are ahead of us.” – Glenn Kelman
You will also enjoy our article on nick saban quotes.
14. “It’s better to be alone than to be with someone who never sees your worth.” – Nishan Panwar
You will also enjoy our article on breaking bad quotes.
15. “Good manners are appreciated as much as bad manners are abhorred.” – Bryant H. McGill
16. “I guess at the end of the day, all women like to be appreciated and treated with respect and kindness.” – Sofia Vergara
You will also enjoy our article on mary wollstonecraft quotes.
17. “I am insecure about tomorrow. Will I get another job? Will it be appreciated? I will pursue acting for as long as I have a face and body that is acceptable to the people, but I still worry that if I don’t do better tomorrow, it will all go away.” – Amitabh Bachchan
You will also enjoy our article on stepdad quotes.
18. “Being productive at work is rewarding, and feeling supported, challenged, and appreciated allows us to be our most efficient selves.” – Julia Hartz
19. “There are aspects of love that I once undervalued. Kindness. Having a sort of honor when love is on the table.” – Susan Minot
You will also enjoy our article on mushroom quotes.
20. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
Unappreciated quotes that will remind you to express gratitude
21. “Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible – the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family.” – Virginia Satir
You will also enjoy our article on Make Others Feel Special.
22. “Home is where you are appreciated, safe and protected, creative, and where you are loved – not where you are put in prison.” – Nawal El Saadawi
23. “Your heart just breaks, that’s all. But you can’t judge or point fingers. You just have to be lucky enough to find someone who appreciates you.” – Audrey Hepburn
24. “It doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from – if you put quality work out there, it will be appreciated.” – Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy
25. “I’m not comfortable with being honored, showered with appreciation. But it’s always appreciated.” – Robert Parish
26. “Joy, feeling one’s own value, being appreciated and loved by others, feeling useful and capable of production are all factors of enormous value for the human soul.” – Maria Montessori
27. “I’ve always appreciated working with people I have chemistry with, who are friends, and where you feel that the work is growing while you are getting to know each other better.” – Bjork
28. “There is no better feeling than doing well while you are doing good. If you really want to meet the nicest, most caring people in your field, get involved with charity work. The thankless hours that go into planning charity dinners, running a carnival, and gathering donations for silent auctions are noticed and appreciated.” – Jay Samit
29. “It’s good to be able to feel appreciated and to be able to know that your efforts and the impact in the sport meant something.” – Rashad Evans
30. “You can be up there, talked about, appreciated all over the world, with people singing a lot of songs about you. But if you don’t measure up and you are not really connected with your people… it will explode in your face, no question about it.” – Paul Kagame
Unappreciated quotes that will change the way you think
31. “It’s all about creation and surprise. It just needs to be appreciated and watered like flowers. You have to water flowers. These peaks will come again.” – Sonny Rollins
32. “It’s easy to love yourself when you feel good enough, when you feel special enough, when you’re loved enough, when you have enough money, and you’re appreciated.” – Debbie Ford
33. “I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” – Marilyn Monroe
34. “The role of a creative leader is not to have all the ideas; it’s to create a culture where everyone can have ideas and feel that they’re valued.” – Ken Robinson
35. “I took what I’ve been given, and I got where I did on the basis of something that is often undervalued – merit.” – Gianluigi Buffon
36. “Women are very intelligent and not appreciated. We try to pretend that we are not clever, and it’s such a pity that we can’t show how clever we are.” – Yoko Ono
37. “The aim of life is appreciation; there is no sense in not appreciating things; and there is no sense in having more of them if you have less appreciation of them.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
38. “To feel valued, to know, even if only once in a while, that you can do a job well is an absolutely marvelous feeling.” – Barbara Walters
39. “The greatest humiliation in life, is to work hard on something from which you expect great appreciation, and then fail to get it.” – E. W. Howe
40. “Respect… is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.” – Annie Gottlieb
Other unappreciated quotes and sayings
41. “We are putting value in the things that really are not valuable, things like commodities or disposable stuff that can be bought, but the rainforest has been undervalued because the value shouldn’t be in the trees that you take out; it’s should be with leaving the trees to preserve the life system that sustains life on the planet.” – Trudie Styler
42. “All that a husband or wife really wants is to be pitied a little, praised a little, and appreciated a little.” – Oliver Goldsmith
43. “We’re all vulnerable to social approval. The need to belong, to be approved or appreciated by our peers is among the highest human motivations. But now our social approval is in the hands of tech companies.” – Tristan Harris
44. “When we are angry or depressed in our creativity, we have misplaced our power. We have allowed someone else to determine our worth, and then we are angry at being undervalued.” – Julia Margaret Cameron
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of powerful depression quotes that will provide perspective.
45. “I would rather be able to appreciate things I can not have than to have things I am not able to appreciate.” – Elbert Hubbard
46. “I think for any relationship to be successful, there needs to be loving communication, appreciation, and understanding.” – Miranda Kerr
47. “I’ve kept to myself, I’ve put my head down. I’ve gone to work. And I have felt undervalued.” – Carli Lloyd
48. “Dispirited, unmotivated, unappreciated workers cannot compete in a highly competitive world.” – Frances Hesselbein
49. “Knowing how things work is the basis for appreciation, and is thus a source of civilized delight.” – William Safire
50. “You can make people feel valued or cared for by design alone. It’s not purely about money. It’s about how we choose to value human experience.” – Thomas Heatherwick
51. “She felt excluded, unappreciated and unloved. Never had been loved.” – Suzie Wilde
Relatable Unappreciated Quotes
52. “Scientists tend to be unappreciated in the world at large, but you can hardly overstate the importance of the work they do.” – Bill Bryson
53. “Don’t give everything to a person that isn’t giving you anything.” – Sonya Parker
54. “Real people are destined to be hated and unappreciated by fools.” – Isaiah Harden
55. “Sometimes I think I need a spare heart to feel all the things I feel.” – Sanober Khan
56. “Love goes unappreciated a lot of times, but you still gotta keep giving it.” – Snoop Dogg
57. “Evil was seductive and easy, and virtue was difficult and unappreciated.” – Melissa de la Cruz
58. “Anything acquired without effort, and without cost is generally unappreciated.” – Napoleon Hill
59. “A lack of appreciation and respect can be a sad end to many wonderful relationships.” – Bernajoy Vaal
60. “If they don’t appreciate your presence, perhaps you should try giving them your absence.” – Tinku Razoria
61. “Dead people receive more flowers than the living ones because regret is stronger than gratitude.” – Anne Frank
Unappreciated Quotes To Empower You To Move On
62. “If you treat me like no one today, tomorrow you will be no one to me.” — Cv Pillay
63. “I might be difficult today. Not because I choose to. But my goodness was taken for granted.”— Alfusainey jallow
64. “Some won’t appreciate you no matter how much you do for them. Release yourself. Go where you’re appreciated and understood.” — Robert Tew
65. “Learn how to give your absence to those who don’t appreciate your presence, in the end you will make them realize how important your present is.” — Kemmy Nola
66. “You can be the nicest person, try your best to please everyone, but at the end of the day all your efforts still go unappreciated!” —Rashida Rowe
67. “Sometimes you’ll give your all to someone, and they won’t appreciate you. That’s life. Just don’t become bitter because of it.”— Sonya Parker
68 “Even a speck of love should not go unappreciated, because, as Rumi said, love is the water of life.” — Elif Safak
69. “When you let people bring you down, you’ve successfully made yourself a step upon which they’ll climb and stand above you.”— Terry Mark
70. “People don’t notice the things we do for them until we stop doing them.” — Mike Skinner
Unappreciated Quotes For When You are Taken For Granted
71. “I give to you because I want to and not expecting anything back, when you start demanding it and expect it like its owed to you, that’s when I turn my back.” — Tanya Kanakaole
72. “Feeling unappreciated may result in resentment and jealousy.” — Ifeoma Ikenze
73. “Don’t take them for granted. No matter how much someone loves you, everyone has their limit of feeling unappreciated.” — Charles J. Orlando
74. “If you can go days without talking to me, I’m obviously not that important to you.” — Anurag Prakash Ray
75. “The very same person you are taking for granted today, is going to be your only chance of help in future.” — Tshepo Koos Maluleke
76. “A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society.” — Billy Graham
77. “I refused to be broken, unappreciated, used, or disrespected. I will handle myself in a way that no one can ever do those things to me.” — Massy Arias
78. “Maybe it’s true that we don’t know what we have until we lose it. But it’s also true that we don’t know what we are missing until we find it!” — Aaron Chan
79. “When people feel under-appreciated, and unnoticed, they in turn feel depleted, and put down, and like they would be worth more to someone else.” — Rivkin Statkin
80. “I always felt as a kid that I was underappreciated, invisible or weird, but I’ve always secretly thought people would one day appreciate what is different about me. I’m always putting that message out there.” — Judd Apatow
Unappreciated Quotes When You Crave Appreciation
81. “Feelin’ like maybe I’m unappreciated / Like my presence in your life has been alleviated.” ― Alex Stacey
82. “The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated.” ― William James
83. “You don’t do the things you use to do / You don’t even say I love you too / And lately I’ve been feeling / Feeling unappreciated.” ― Cedric Williams
84. “Hey, let me share a few words / Feeling unappreciated, let me cherish you first.” ― Jack Harlow
85. “That person you took for granted today could turn out to be the only person you will need tomorrow.” ― Kemmy Nola
86. “I’m feeling really unappreciated You takin’ my love for granted / babe / I don’t know how much more / I can take from you.” ― Cedric Williams
87. “Feeling unappreciated, used, or taken for granted describes thoughts and feelings of targets that the behavior of offenders.” ― Anita L. Vangelisti
88. “It’s simple. Women only nag when they feel unappreciated.” ― Louis de Bernieres
89. “I feel so unappreciated for my absence / And I pull myself apart providing people access.” ― Dock Watch Hollow
90. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” ― Oprah Winfrey
What are your favorite unappreciated quotes about feeling taken for granted?
It can be demoralizing and humiliating to have your hard work go unappreciated.
No one wants to feel like their efforts aren’t noticed or appreciated.
Can you remember a time in your life when you felt undervalued?
We all crave acceptance amongst our peers and we all seek out validation and approval.
It’s possible that you’ve made someone feel unappreciated before.
Expressing gratitude and communicating love can be difficult sometimes.
This collection of unappreciated quotes highlights the importance of expressing appreciation with your words and actions.
Share these sayings with your friends and family to let them know you cherish them.
Make sure your loved ones don’t feel unappreciated by you.
What are your favorite unappreciated quotes and sayings about feeling undervalued?
Let us know in the comment section below.