Looking for the best floating quotes? We have got you covered.
This article will share the best and most inspiring quotes about floating.
Most of these quotes are engaging and motivational and will inspire you to seek the best possible experience.
In addition to the quotes, we have also discussed the science behind floating.
So let’s start unfolding the contents of this article!
Why Do Objects Float?
According to science, an object floats when the weight force of an object equals the upward push exerted by the water.
When the volume of an object increases, it also increases the upward push of the water.
This suggests that an object of a larger volume can easily float on the water’s surface.
Besides, an object with a large surface area can float on the water irrespective of the amount or depth.
On the contrary, if the object is heavier and generates a downward force that exceeds the upward push of water, it will sink.
Most hollow objects float effortlessly, as they are light and have more volume.
The presence of air in a hollow object also improves its ability to float.
However, objects can float even if there is no air within them, so the presence of air isn’t necessary at all.
Also, a small part of a floating object stays under the water.
This depends on the following:
- & design of the object floating on the water
Objects float at variable levels, which creates a perfect balance.
This is why ships are designed in such a way as to keep part of them underwater.
The upward push increases gradually when an object is put on the water’s surface.
As a result, the object goes underwater to some extent, and then a state of balance is achieved.
Take a moment and look through our collection of floating quotes.
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of drowning quotes to help banish the fear of drowning.
Top 10 Floating Quotes
Here are some of the most appropriate floating quotes to inspire you.
1. “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.” — Muhammad Ali
2. “Nothing’s gonna stop me from floating.” — Tori Amos
3. “The heavens are full of floating mysteries.” — Thomas Buchanan Read
4. “How sweet to be a Cloud. Floating in the Blue!” — A. A. Milne
5. “It’s the belief, not the words, that means everything. it’s the floating.” — David Levithan
6. “Wind is a floating wave of air, whose undulation continually varies.” — Marcus Vitruvius Pollio
7. “There will be no floating away. There will be no other reality tonight.” — Khaled Hosseini
8. “Doing nothing feels like floating on warm water to me. Delightful, perfect.” — Ava Gardner
9. “I used to walk like a giant on the land. Now I feel like a leaf floating in a stream.” — Neil Young
10. “Ignore your thoughts. As you focus more intensely, you may feel as if floating.” — Frederick Lenz
Floating Quotes with Literary Essence
These floating quotes are from the literary work of famous authors.
11. “And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted — Nevermore!” — Edgar Allan Poe
12. “She would be half a planet away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by moonlight to flamenco guitar.” — Janet Fitch
13. “And both of them remained floating in an empty universe where the only everyday & eternal reality was love.” — Gabriel Garcia Marquez
14. “The one close to me now; even my own body–these too will soon become clouds, floating in different directions.” — Izumi Shikibu
15. “Clouds come floating into my life from other days no longer to shed rain or usher storm but to give colour to my sunset sky.” — Rabindranath Tagore
16. “The seeds of great discoveries are constantly floating around us, but they only take root in minds well-prepared to receive them.” — Joseph Henry
17. “Jesus got me through the slums without getting murdered. I just walked with him as though he were really there and not a spirit just floating around.” — Larry Norman
18. “The poignancy of a photograph comes from looking back to a fleeting moment in a floating world. The transitoriness is what creates the sense of the sacred.” — Allen Ginsberg
19. “One must explore deep and believe the incredible to find the new particles of truth floating in an ocean of insignificance.” — Joseph Conrad
20. “She waited for the train to pass. Then she said, “I sometimes think that people’s hearts are like deep wells. Nobody knows what’s at the bottom. All you can do is imagine what comes floating to the surface every once in a while.” — Haruki Murakami
Floating Quotes for Instagram
The floating quotes listed below are exciting and suitable enough to be shared via social media platforms, especially Instagram.
21. “I slept just floating in the middle of the flight deck, the upper deck of the space shuttle.” — Sally Ride
22. “We all have an edge. We all are floating our psyche on top with a great ocean underneath.” — Brad Dourif
23. “There’s an old maxim that says, ‘Things that work persist,’ which is why there’s still Cobol floating around.” — Vinton Cerf
24. “At night, when the sky is full of stars and the sea is still you get the wonderful sensation that you are floating in space.” — Natalie Wood
25. “There’s a lot of bad isms floating around this world, but one of the worst is commercialism.” — George Seaton
26. “I’d be smiling and chatting away, and my mind would be floating around somewhere else, like a balloon with a broken string.” — Haruki Murakami
27. “It’s easy to sleep floating around – it’s very comfortable. But you have to be careful that you don’t float into somebody or something!” — Sally Ride
28. “Floating upward through a confusion of dreams and memory, curving like a trout through the rings of previous risings, I surface. My eyes open. I am awake.” — Wallace Stegner
29. “And it’s the funniest thing: as soon as I see it, the whistling in my ears stops and the feeling of terror drains away, and I realize this whole time I haven’t been falling at all. I’ve been floating.” — Lauren Oliver
30. “Creativity is a lot like looking at the world through a kaleidoscope. You look at a set of elements, the same ones everyone else sees, but then reassemble those floating bits and pieces into an enticing new possibility.” — Rosabeth Moss Kanter
Floating Quotes that are Truly Impressive
Reading these floating quotes will give you joy and serenity.
31. “Ecstatic Love is an ocean, and the Milky Way is a flake of foam floating on it.” — Rumi
32. “Money tends to make people suspicious if there’s any money floating around.” — Mitchell Baker
33. “No one person invented Mulberry. The knowledge that we had to have this floating harbor slowly grew.” — Lord Mountbatten
34. “I won’t be able to do what I’m doing forever. There aren’t that many scripts floating around for fifty-year-old chicks.” — Cher
35. “The soul, light as a feather, fluid as water, innocent as a child, responds to every movement of grace like a floating balloon.” — Jean-Pierre de Caussade
36. “The royal navy of England hath ever been its greatest defense and ornament; it is its ancient and natural strength, – the floating bulwark of our island.” — William Blackstone
37. “To have faith is to trust yourself to the water. When you swim you don’t grab hold of the water, because if you do you will sink and drown. Instead, you relax, and float.” — Alan Watts
38. “Being relaxed, at peace with yourself, confident, emotionally neutral loose, and free-floating – these are the keys to successful performance in almost everything.” — Wayne Dyer
39. “And Twin Peaks, the Film is the craziest film in the history of cinema. I have no idea what happened, I have no idea what I saw, all I know is that I left the theater floating six feet above the ground.” — Jacques Rivette
40. “I mean, we’ve had all these awful pictures from the prison in Iraq and these sort of memos floating around about justifying torture, all this kind of stuff. And it makes you want to take a shower, you know?” — Ron Reagan
Other Interesting Floating Quotes
Below are some more floating quotes with an element of interest.
41. “Sifting daylight dissolves the memory, turns it into dust motes floating in light.” — Toni Morrison
42. “A lot of people spend their time just floating/ We were victims together but lonely.” — Jack Johnson
43. “Novels as dull as dishwater, with the grease of random sentiments floating on top.” — Italo Calvino
44. “Climbing K2 or floating the Grand Canyon in an inner tube; there are some things one would rather have done than do.” — Edward Abbey
45. “It’s an abnormal world I live in. I don’t belong anywhere. It’s like I’m floating down the middle. I’m never quite sure where I am.” — Arthur Ashe
46. “You may feel a sensation of floating. You may see colors, maybe no phenomena, it doesn’t matter. You are absorbing power.” — Frederick Lenz
47. “She was like a lone angel floating above the surface of the earth, laughing with delight because she could fly but crying out of loneliness.” — Markus Zusak
48. “But most days, I wander around feeling invisible. Like I’m a speck of dust floating in the air that can only be seen when a shaft of light hits it.” — Sonya Sones
49. “Learn your instrument. Be honest. Don’t do anything phony. There is so much crap floating around. There is plenty of room for a bit of honest writing.” — Christine McVie
50. “How many others were walking around and not even knowing that someone far away cared for them? Imagine all that love floating in the air, waiting to land on someone’s life!” — Pam Muñoz Ryan
Which of these Floating Quotes is your Favorite?
To sum up, the floating quotes and sayings listed above are motivational and engaging.
Since most of these quotes are derived from the literary works of the best authors, we hope you have enjoyed reading them.
If you found your favorite quote, share it with your friends and followers.
December 22, 2022 7:39 AM EST