This softball quotes collection will help you celebrate this amazing sport.
Softball is a great sport that involves less muscle and more intellect.
In order to win the game, softball players must always think ahead and make decisions while in duress as they run the scenarios on the field.
Originally from Chicago, softball teaches the values of hard work and persistence.
It teaches you how to survive in adversity because when playing the game, you are likely to fail more than win.
Softball also helps develop teamwork, which is a crucial skill if you want to be successful in life.
Teamwork is a skill that applies both at the softball field and in the real world; whether you’re a boss or just an employee.
The game helps you see how your actions affect other people.
In honor of this amazing sport, here is our collection of exciting and inspirational softball quotes, softball sayings, and softball slogans, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Also read these inspirational golf quotes for additional motivation to keep playing and practicing.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
Softball quotes and sayings celebrating the sport
1. ”Softball is for everyone. Fast-pitch is for athletes.” – Unknown
2. ”Softball has given me so much in life. It’s taught me the kind of person I want to be, and given me a sweet sisterhood. It even led me to my husband.” – Jennie Finch
3. ”We play this game (softball) with emotion and love._ Coach always says ‘Emotionally, physically, mentally — come to the field prepared.’_ Because if you don’t bring that to the field, you’re going to get beat.” – Laura Berg
4. ”Softball: Where good girls steal.” – Unknown
5. “There is a way to play this game physically, but it’s the mental part that’s going to separate gold from silver and silver from bronze.” — Lisa Fernandez
6. ”Sweat dries, blood clots, bones heal, suck it up princess. This is softball.” – Unknown
7. ”When I step into batter’s box, the fans, the noise, the cheers, they all disappear. For that moment, the world is just a battle between me and the pitcher. And more than anything, I want to win.” – Mary W.
8. ”If it were easy, they’d call it baseball.” – Unknown
9. ”Your body is not made to throw like we throw. That’s why you see softball pitchers pitching two or three games a day. It’s a natural movement in softball. In baseball it’s not a natural movement.” – Jamie Moyer
10. ”Softball isn’t a one woman sport, there’s 11 other girls who become your sisters. And don’t forget that you win as a team and lose as a team.” – Unknown
You might also like these Yogi Berra quotes on life to make you smile.
Softball quotes that show how amazing the sport is
11. ”Softball is like love, first you learn the rules of the game, and then you forget the rules and play from your heart.” – Unknown
12. ”It’s a game of making great pitches at the right time, being opportunistic by getting a run at the right time and playing good defense. -Mike Candrea
13. ”There is a way to play this game (softball) physically, but it’s the mental part that’s going to separate gold from silver and silver from bronze.” – Lisa Fernandez
14. ”What I love about the game (softball) is that the game doesn’t know who is supposed to win.” – Sue Enquist
15. ”Softball is life with the volume turned up, how loud is your game, crank it up!” – Unknown
16. ”The softball gods giveth and the softball gods taketh away, but that evens out over the season.” – Yvette Girouard
17. ”I am who I am. I’m going to be who I am. And I’m going to give my all to the game in the way that I do it.” – Lonni Alameda
18. ”I played softball. I was on an all-star team. I traveled with the team. I loved it.” – Elizabeth Banks
19. ”Everybody knows that pitching and defense win championships. It’s all about defense. It’s that way in pretty much every sport. So if we can pitch and play defense we have a chance at a championship. But you can also win quite a few games by hitting.” – Ehren Earleywine
20. ”I played softball for a few years growing up. Both my brothers played baseball.” – Maggie Lawson
Don’t forget to also read these powerful coaching quotes that will inspire your team to the next level.
Softball quotes for both players and fans
21. ”When all the girls were getting all made up and getting into all that girl stuff in junior high I was out playing softball or touch football with the guys.” – Catherine Bell
22. ”I grew up on the softball field. Every day I would take my glove and my bat with me.” – Yoenis Cespedes
23. ”Never let yesterday’s disappointments overshadow tomorrow’s dreams.” – Allison, West Morgan Softball
24. ”“When I was 12, I had a coach tell me I would never be a championship pitcher. That devastated me. I was crushed.” — Jennie Finch
25. ”Regardless of how you feel inside, always try to look like a winner. Even if you are behind, a sustained look of control and confidence can give you a mental edge that results in victory.” – Arthur Ashe
26. ”I think that certain players are going to approach the game differently. I am more of a quiet person. I like to have more of a focused energy and internal energy whereas some people need to be bouncing off the walls to be ready for the game.” – Caitlin Lowe
27. ”Softball, it’s more than just a game!” – Coach Dave, Sluggers Softball
28. ”Try not to get lost in comparing yourself to others. Discover your gifts and let them shine! Softball is amazing that way as a sport. Everyone on the field has a slightly different ability that makes them perfect for their position.” – Jennie Finch
29. ”Growing up, I played softball and I was a cheerleader.” – Carrie Underwood
30. ”I played softball. I was on an all-star team. I traveled with the team. I loved it.” – Elizabeth Banks
You might also like these baseball quotes to bring the love of baseball into your life.
Softball quotes everyone should know
31. ”This game is about the long run. LIFE is about the long run. Pick successes that can build your confidence over time and stay in the process. There is always light at the end of the tunnel, but you can’t see the light if you fall into the trap of all the failures trying to pull you down.” – Unknown
32. ”The true definition of confidence has nothing to do with other people who surround us and statistics on a sheet of paper. The only place that confidence comes is from inside YOU. Yes, you. Our confidence belongs to us, no one else.” – Unknown
33. ”Softball gives girls a chance to show the boys how it’s really done.” – Unknown
34. ”Once I step on that field all my stress, family problems and heartache go away…” – Unknown
35. ”It’s never too early to follow your dreams.” – Unknown
36. ”We’re going to step on the field knowing that every team we’re going against is going to push their game to that whole new level that we probably hadn’t seen. … We’ve just got to be ready to step up with them.” – Crystl Bustos, third base, Team USA
37. ”It’s always about wanting to one-up myself from the day before. There’s never an absolute 100% perfect performance, but going out and striving for that perfect performance is what keeps me going.” – Cat Osterman, pitcher, Team USA
38. ”By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” – Giselle C., shortstop, California
39. “I’m playing 1st base and pitching and hitting. I feel like I’m almost better than I’ve ever been. It’s like, ‘You’re going to walk away like this?’” — Jennie Finch
40. ”Dream big and work hard. Play with passion and the sky is the limit. Fastpitch rocks!” – Jennie K., catcher, Arizona
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check out our collection of inspirational sports quotes about working towards your full potential.
Softball quotes to inspire and motivate
41. ”To play it takes talent, but to win it takes desire!” – Unknown
42. ”Softball isn’t a game it’s a way of life. We play because we love the game, not for our parents, our siblings, or to impress people by how far you.” – Unknown
43. ”Softball is from the top of the heart every game you play its played by love in your heart.” – Unknown
44. “There is a way to play this game physically, but it’s the mental part that’s going to separate gold from silver and silver from bronze.” — Lisa Fernandez
45. ”To some Softball is a game; to others it’s Life.” – Jennie Finch
46. ”Be ready for that curve ball, because you have no idea where it’s going. Not even the pitcher knows.” – Unknown
47. ”I make my weaknesses my strengths and my strengths stronger.” – Lisa Fernandez
48. ”A boy once told me that I play like a girl. I told him if he tried a little harder, he could too.” – Unknown
49. ”Softball girls aren’t afraid of a little dirt.” – Unknown
50. ”My parents taught me a long time ago that you win in life with people, and that’s important, because if you hang with winners, you stand a great chance of being a winner. – Pat Summitt (see more Pat Summitt quotes)
Don’t forget to also read these hockey quotes about hard work and team spirit
More softball quotes and sayings
51. “I am now, and will always be me. But when it comes time to step out onto that field, me gets a little more dedicated, a little more serious, and nobody stands in my way.” – Caitlin Sumpter
52. “Life will always throw you curves, just keep fouling them off, the right pitch will come and when it does be prepared to run the bases.” – Sara Ann Nielsen
53. “Hey softball pitcher: be that player that coaches warn their team about.” – Unknown
54. “Don’t let the fear of striking out keep you away from playing the game.”- Unknown
55. “I’m not exceptionally fast or overly powerful._ But I have a good work ethic, and I make up for it by using technique and trying to be smarter.” – Dot Richardson
56. “Softball is life, the rest is just details.”- Unknown
57. “The values learned on the playing field – how to set goals, endure, take criticism and risks, become team players, use our beliefs, stay healthy, and deal with stress – prepare us for life.” – Donna de Verona
58. “Softball: Blood, sweat, and tears, and you still want more.”- Unknown
59. “This game (softball) is a game of inches. Sometimes they are going to go our way, and sometimes they aren’t.” – Ashley Hansen
60. “We play softball, but we ain’t going soft on you.”- Unknown
61. “Softball is an easy sport to fall in love because our game is fast paced and action packed.” – Yvette Girouard
You might also like these soccer quotes that will have you feeling like a champion.
Softball Quotes and Sayings from the Athletes and Coaches
62. “Don’t underestimate yourself. You are more capable than you think. Keep working. Don’t give up.” – Jennie Finch
63. “Go hard every play. You don’t want to leave anything behind and regret it years down the road that you didn’t give it all when you could have.” – Ashley DeBuhr
64. “Anything worthy of your passion should be worthy of your preparation.” – Sue Enquist
65. “Take it one pitch at a time. Take it one day at at time.” – Amanda Scarborough
66. “And my dad drilled it in my head, you know, ‘If you want it bad enough, and you’re willing to make the sacrifices, you can do it. But first, you have to believe in yourself.’” – Jennie Finch
67. “There is a way to play this game (softball) physically, but it’s the mental part that’s going to separate gold from silver and silver from bronze.” – Lisa Fernadez
68. “When someone you have a lot of respect for believes in you, it helps you believe in yourself.” – Cat Osterman
69. “If you look back at yesterday and think it was a big deal, then you haven’t done anything today.” – Cat Osterman
70. “I think an athletes mental state is what separates he goods from the greats! Being able to have a short term memory when failure hits is a taught skill and should be something that is practice daily on exactly how you as an individual handle failure. In our sport failure happens far to often so you have to perfect bouncing back fast!” – Natasha Watley
71. “I didn’t fall out of bed and become an Olympic champion. I worked hard, I was dedicated, and I really worked to perfect all aspects of my game.” – Michele Smith
You will also enjoy our article on Joe Dirt quotes.
Softball Quotes to Inspire You to Play the Sport
72. “This game is about the long run. LIFE is about the long run. Pick successes that can build your confidence over time and stay in the process. There is always light at the end of the tunnel, but you can’t see the light if you fall into the trap of all the failures trying to pull you down.” – Amanda Scarborough
73. “To uncover your true potential you must first find your own limits and then you have to have the courage to blow past them.” – Amanda Scarborough
74. “A true champion works hard and never loses sight of her dreams.” – Dot Richardson
75. “I want kids who are going to go out there and compete, lay it all on the table. I think the big thing about this game is you have to care a lot about it.” – Mike Candrea
76. “The team with the best athletes doesn’t usually win._ It’s the team with the athletes who play best together.” – Lisa Fernandez
77. “I don’t need to be Number 1 on the team. If I need to hit, pitch, run, whatever, I will do it. If everything was going to be about me, I’d quit.” – Michele Smith
78. “I do my job on the mound and then do what I can at the plate, always working on helping the team anyway I can.” – Jennie Finch
79. “We’re prepared, and we’ve done everything we can to prepare for this moment in time. That’s what confidence is all about.” – Lisa Fernandez
80. “Even when you’ve played the game of your life, it’s the feeling of teamwork that you’ll remember. You’ll forget the plays, the shots, and the scores, but you’ll never forget your teammates.” – Deborah Palmore
81. “I really didn’t have my best stuff. My drop ball was inconsistent and they had a good game plan. I stopped worrying about striking people out and just focused on getting people out.” – Cat Osterman
Interesting Softball Quotes That Inspire Sportsmen
82. “Although it is disappointing that softball was not reinstated into the Olympics, we are going to continue to keep growing the sport.” — Jennie Finch
83. “Softball is the reason Washing Machines and Bleach are so popular. Don’t think so? Just ask a softball Mom.” — Mary Roach.
84. “It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get back up.” — Vince Lombardi
85. “When we’d play softball, I’d steal second base, feel guilty and go back.” — Woody Allen
86. “College softball each year reaches new levels of interest.” — Jennie Finch
87. “I never taught my girls to play golf; they all played softball.” — Nancy Lopez
88. “The minute you start talking about what you’re going to do if you lose, you have lost.” — George Shultz
89. “When the source is a story. That’s a softball question.” — Michael Wolff
90. “Once in a while, I played second base; once in a while, outfield. But those were just pickup games and softball leagues. So when I bought the Yankees, I tried to stay one pace ahead of the players.” — George Steinbrener
91. “If I could make millions of dollars being a softball player, I would quit acting in a second.” — Danny Masterson
Wise Softball Quotes To Share With Playmates
92. “When I am working, I get up early and coffee and 15 hours of being on the set. When I am not working, it is up late and coffee, golf or softball and hopefully a ball game on the television.” — Mackenzie Astin
93. “I don’t know if there’s an actors’ slow-pitch softball league I could join. My agency has a team, but they say it would be a conflict of interest for the people they rep to play because I could hit a pop-up and they’d have to drop it on purpose.” — Miles Teller
94. “When you dive into college softball, your life is changing dramatically and you’ve got to be ready for that. It’s not easy and it’s frustrating. And there’s a lot of HARD about it. Life needs to be hard in order for you to know how to be triumphant.” — Patty Gasso
95. “I may be wearing makeup, but I can throw a fastball by you at the same time.” — Jennie Finch
96. “The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital.” — Joe Paterno
97. “Play every softball game like it is your last!” — W. Bindels
98. “I do not just want to be just another face. What I want is to go out there and prove something on the field.” — Jennie Finch
99. “In sport, part of the game is accepting the umpire’s call, no matter how hard that might be. Sometimes the calls go your way, and sometimes they don’t.” — Dot Richardson
100. “As an athlete it feels so natural to stick with your strengths and never really evolve. To stay ahead of the trends, it’s so important to constantly evolve & reinvent daily to stay ahead of the curve.” — Natasha Watley
101. “Every time you go out there, you want to be a little nervous, have a little bit of butterflies in your stomach and get the juices flowing.” — Taryne Mowatt
Softball Quotes To Celebrate Those Fun Moments
102. “Everyone thinks softball is a girl’s game. But you only think that until you get hit with it on a line drive.” — Jerry Smith
103. “Baseball is played by all countries now, and softball, too.” — Tommy Lasorda
104. “I’m a middle-class former housewife who goes to my daughter’s softball games.” — Charlaine Harris
105. “Softball is what old men play to try to feel young again.” — Patrick Wallace
106. “Anyone who says that softball is a boring game to watch isn’t looking at the right things.” — Yvonne Zipter
107. “My family vacations were softball tournaments.” — Jennie Finch
108. “It’s not the most conducive weather to play softball in, but you’ve got to come out and play it.” — Mike Candrea
109. “We actually had a Kansa band softball team.” — Phil Ehart
110. “[I] Played a little softball, but there was nowhere on the field it was safe for me to be.” — W. P. Kinsella
111. “When I was fifteen I believed that sex was nearly the same thing as softball.” — Lucy Jane Bledsoe
Softball Quotes For Your Favorite Sport
112. “It was definitely a day for hitters. Almost like slow-pitch softball: everybody hits.” — Ralph Terry
113. “A macho attitude is totally to my advantage. Guys try to hit it 400 feet out of the park, but in softball you have to use a short, quick swing. Big, huge swings equal big, huge strikeouts.” — Jennie Finch
114. “Growing up, I looked up to major league baseball players, and now these young women have amazing, incredible women all across the board, from swimming to gymnastics to softball to basketball.” — Jennie Finch
115. “Take it one pitch at a time. Take it one day at a time.” — Amanda Scarborough
116. “When I saw the left-field fence, I thought we were going to play softball.” — Joaquin Andujar
117. “That’s part of fast pitch softball, being able to move runners and execute the short game. _It’s a very quick game. _Sixty feet, you bobble it once, and these kids are going to be safe. You have to play quick, but you can’t be in a hurry.” — John Rittman
118. “You can’t always control the circumstances – only how you react to those circumstances; you can always control your attitude and your effort.” — Jennie Finch
119. “I want my team to be more detached from the wins and losses and be more focused on doing the little things well. When you focus on getting the win, it can suffocate you, especially during the playoffs when the pressure gets thick.” — Sue Enquist
120. “I want my (softball) team to be more detached from the wins and losses and be more focused on doing the little things well. When you focus on getting the win, it can suffocate you, especially during the playoffs when the pressure gets thick.” — Sue Enquist
121. “By rule, a pitcher was in many ways a mere underhand lobber of offerings, not unlike soft-pitch softball pitchers.” — Wayne Stewart
No 5, 44, 39 and 24
Did you enjoy these softball quotes?
Besides being a league competition sport, you can also play softball as a recreational sport.
When played regularly, the popular summer past time has numerous health benefits too.
It can help with body conditioning, mental wellness and of course, burning of calories and fat.
So, if you are struggling to lose weight, softball can be a fun way to lose the weight and gain your self esteem back.
Did you enjoy these softball quotes collection?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below.