Why is living in the moment important? How do you actually live in the moment and stay present? These living in the moment quotes will help you understand why you should live in the moment and how to to do it.
How do you want to spend your life?
Ultimately, living in the moment is one of the best pieces of advice to take. People usually arrive at this conclusion because they have been made keenly aware of how short life is. This revelation is most often brought on by a tragedy. I don’t think you should wait until tragedy befalls you to start living your life for you! You only get this one (well maybe…)!
The importance lies in finding purpose, truly living life, and realizing that we each only have a limited number of days on this earth.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and insightful living in the moment quotes and sayings, collected from a variety of sources over the years. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to also read these one day at a time quotes to live by.
Living in the moment quotes to inspire happiness and joy
1. “Happiness, not in another place but this place…not for another hour, but this hour.” ― Walt Whitman
2. “We’re so busy watching out for what’s just ahead of us that we don’t take time to enjoy where we are.” ― Bill Watterson
3. “The only way to survive eternity is to be able to appreciate each moment.” ― Lauren Kate
4. “Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of always focusing on how far you have to go.” ― Mandy Hale
5. “Instead of bracing yourself for the perils of the unknown, embrace the joy that is here, in your present moment.” ― Michelle D. Rosado
6. “Some moments are happy. Some moments are sad. Live each moment. Embrace life!” ― Avijeet Das
7. “I want to see you happy. I want you to live in the moment and smile spontaneously. Your entire face lights up. It’s beautiful.” ― Kerry Lonsdale
8. “If you look to others for fulfillment, you will never truly be fulfilled. If your happiness depends on money, you will never be happy with yourself. Be content with what you have; rejoice in that way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.” ― M.J. Ryan
9. “Happiness is achieved when you stop waiting for your life to begin and start making the most of the moment you are in.” ― Germany Kent
10. “We need to embrace every day and enjoy it as much as we can.” ― Karen Todd Scarpulla
Living in the moment quotes about life
11. “Life is a journey, not a destination.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
12. “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
13. “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” ― Amit Ray
14. “Life is about dancing in the rain while the sun sings its music and the rainbows deliver hope. It is in being totally and fully present with ourselves, that we can live a whole lifetime in a single moment.” ― Mimi Novic
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of rain quotes that will help wash away the stress and bring you happiness.
15. “Your life is your own quote, so define it.” ― Shashidhar Sa
16. “Life is not something we put on the backburner hoping to get to live further down the line” ― Adiela Akoo
Also read these memory quotes that will motivate you to create new and wonderful memories every day.
Living in the moment quotes about forever and control
17. “Forever is composed of nows.” ― Emily Dickinson
18. “If there’s one thing I learned, it’s that nobody is here forever. You have to live for the moment, each and every day . . . the here, the now.” ― Simone Elkeles
19. “The goal in life is not to try and live forever, but to create something that will forever in people’s hearts.” ― Karon Waddell
20. “Overthinking will not empower you over things that are beyond your control. So, let it be if it is meant to be and cherish the moment.” ― Mahsati A
21. “Now is the only time we have, and the only time we have any control over.” ― Richard Carlson
22. “You don’t need anyone’s consent to live your dreams” ― Bernard Kelvin Clive
Also check out these beautiful horse quotes that will inspire you to take a ride.
Days go by, so live in the moment
23. “What day is it?” asked Pooh. “It’s today,” squeaked Piglet. “My favorite day,” said Pooh.” ― A.A. Milne
24. “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
25. “The here and now is all we have, and if we play it right it’s all we’ll need.” ― Ann Richards
26. “Don’t live the same day over and over again and call that a life. Life is about evolving mentally, spiritually, and emotionally.” ― Germany Kent
27. “Enjoy today. It is one of the “good old days” you will miss in the future!” ― Etta Sawyerr
28. “Wake up to a brand new day and realize why you woke up to meet the day! Live to the end of another day and understand why you lived in the day!” ― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
Living in the moment quotes about the past, present and future
29. “The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it.” ― Thomas S. Monson
30. “Life is a preparation for the future, and the best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none.” ― Albert Einstein
31. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, look to tomorrow, rest this afternoon.” ― Charles M. Schulz
32. “You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment.” ― Henry David Thoreau
33. “Live today. Not yesterday. Not tomorrow. Just today. Inhabit your moments. Don’t rent them out to tomorrow.” ― Jerry Spinelli
34. “I live in the moment. Drink from the fresh spring of the present, you shall get to enjoy the true taste of happiness. If you do not expect anything from the future, then whatever winds may blow, they won’t be able to sway you off your path, will they?” ― Tamuna Tsertsvadze
35. “Live in the moment—not just for the future moment.” ― Debasish Mridha
36. “The best way to create a better future is to do your best at this very moment.” ― Debasish Mridha
37. “The older one gets, the more one feels that the present moment must be enjoyed, comparable to a state of grace.” ― Marie Curie
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of grace quotes that will change your life.
38. “The future belongs to those who learn from the past and live brilliantly in the present moment.” ― Debasish Mridha
39. “As you become more present in your own life, you will begin to enlighten others by your example.” ― Germany Kent
Have you seen these free spirit quotes and sayings for those with a wild heart?
Other inspirational living in the moment quotes
40. “Look at everything always as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time: Thus is your time on earth filled with glory.” ― Betty Smith
41. “We spend precious hours fearing the inevitable. It would be wise to use that time adoring our families, cherishing our friends and living our lives.” ― Maya Angelou
42. “Why not just live in the moment, especially if it has a good beat?” ― Goldie Hawn
43. “What matters is what we do with the life we have.” ― Carrie Ryan
44. “The point is to be in the moment, not miss the moment while trying to capture it.” ― Sheralyn Pratt
45. “Living in the moment, that’s the first step to Having.” ― Suh Yoon Lee
46. “Remember to do everything with an abundance of love, so that one day you will remember the beauty of every moment lived.” ― Mimi Novic
47. “Don’t wait for a crisis to realize what matters most. Put yourself first right now. Because right now is all we have.” ― Brittany Burgunder
48. “Unlike man, a dog lives every moment and dies only once.” ― Tapan Ghosh
49. “Live in the moment, where everything is just right, take your time and limit your bad memories and you’ll get wherever it is you’re going a lot faster and with less bumps in the road along the way.” ― J.A. Redmerski, The Edge of Never
50. “Mindfulness is living in the moment without judging it.” ― Debasish Mridha
You might also like these powerful life is short quotes about happiness, death, and more.
More living in the moment quotes and sayings
51. “Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.” – Mother Teresa
52. “Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal. Live this day as if it were your last. The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed.” – Wayne Dyer
53. “Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what’s going to happen next.” – Gilda Radner
54. “If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine.” – Morris West
55. “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” – Omar Khayyam
56. “Live quietly in the moment and see the beauty of all before you. The future will take care of itself.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
57. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” – Oprah Winfrey
58. “Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand – and melting like a snowflake.” – Francis Bacon
59. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
60. “Be Yourself. Life is precious as it is. All the elements for your happiness are already here. There is no need to run, strive, search, or struggle. Just Be.” – Nhat Hanh
What did you learn from these living in the moment quotes?
Did these quotes inspire you to start living your own life “in the moment”? I hope so! Now, you might be asking yourself how to actually do that. Here are just a few tips to get you started:
- Stop worrying
- Have big dreams, but do the work today
- Love what you do for work
- Take risks
Every day isn’t going to be without challenges, but how you face them matters. The type of energy that you put out into your daily practices is important.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these living in the moment quotes and sayings? Have any other tips to help someone live in the moment? Feel free to leave a comment in the comment section!
January 26, 2020 7:30 AM EST