Swing quotes we have compiled here are related to more than one aspect of this term.
These quotes could be about:
- Jazz swing music
- Golf swing
- Pendulum swing
- Baseball swing
- & More
With so much to offer, we hope you will enjoy our compilation of swing quotes.
We have also discussed different swings to help you better understand the swing quotes listed below.
So, without any further delay, let’s unfold this article.
Jazz swing music
Jazz swing is a popular music style that was developed in the US in the early 1930s.
Until the mid-1930s, this type of music was massively popular throughout the country.
It derives the name from the weaker beat or off-beat involved.
Usually, swing bands comprise solo performers who know how to improvise on melody, depending on the arrangement.
Benny Goodman is among the most famous bandleaders who introduced the danceable swing style.
This style also gained much popularity from 1935 to 1946, which is commonly referred to as the ‘Swing Era.’
The golf swing relates to a player’s powerful hitting of the golf ball.
When carefully monitored, the golf swing turns out to be a complex motion.
This is so, as it involves almost every part of a player’s body.
All the aspects associated with the golf swing are widely known as ‘Golf Stroke Mechanics.’
Known as a scientific piece of equipment, a pendulum is a simple object comprising a thread and a small weight attached to it.
This object is hung from a fixed point, which allows it to move in a back-and-forth motion called a ‘Pendulum Swing.’
The object moves this way because of the gravitational force acting on it.
A real-life example of a pendulum swing is the playground swing, where a pair of chains supports the attached seat.
Once raised and released, the swing will continue to move back and forth, following pendulum swing mechanics until gravity holds it.
A baseball swing is a specific type of attempt at a pitch, which isn’t a bunt.
This hitting style involves “half swing” or “checked swing.”
Technically speaking, there are three main phases of the baseball swing. These include:
- Loading phase
- Launching phase
- Follow through phase
There is a misconception or popular belief that a batter needs to “break his wrist” to attempt a pitch, which is completely wrong.
Here are the different baseball swings:
- Barrel Dropper Hitters
- Hybrid Hitter
- Slap Hitter
- Rotation Hitter
Top 10 swing quotes
Here is our list of the top 10 swing quotes.
1. “If I have a swing, I have a shot.” — Bubba Watson
2. “Swing is my favorite kind of music.” — George Strait
3. “To swing or not to swing? Swing.” — Brendan Fraser
4. “You have to concentrate on the swing.” — Miguel Cabrera
5. “I’m not afraid to take a swing and miss.” — Frederick W. Smith
6. “It don’t mean a thing if it ain’t got that swing.” — Duke Ellington
7. “I just like any music to swing, no matter what it is.” — Van Morrison
8. “Cling, swing, Spring, sing, Swing up into the apple tree.” — T. S. Eliot
9. “If it comes to a swinging, swing all, say I.” — Robert Louis Stevenson
10. “Enthusiasm is the sparkle in your eyes, the swing in your gait.” — Henry Ford
Golf swing quotes
If you want to increase your enthusiasm for golf, these inspiring swing quotes can give you a powerful swing in the right direction.
11. “A golf swing is a collection of corrected mistakes.” — Carol Mann
12. “Tempo is the glue that sticks all elements of the golf swing together.” — Nick Faldo
13. “He has the finest, fundamentally sound golf swing I’ve ever seen.” — Jack Nicklaus
14. “The only thing you should force in a golf swing is the club back in the bag.” — Byron Nelson
15. “I think the golf swing is all about rotation, all about trying to keep the club on plane.” — Tiger Woods
16. “The golf swing is like a suitcase into which we are trying to pack one too many things.” — John Updike
17. “The golf swing is among the most stressful and unnatural acts in sports, short of cheering for the Yankees.” — Brad Faxon
18. “If you think your hands are more important in your golf swing than your legs, try walking a hole on your hands.” — Gary Player
19. “I don’t believe there is anything like a natural golf swing. A golf swing is an unnatural thing, and it has to be developed.” — Ben Hogan
20. “There is no movement in the golf swing so difficult that it cannot be made even more difficult by careful study and diligent practice.” — Tom Mulligan
Pendulum swing quotes
Captivating and thought-provoking, these swing quotes about a pendulum swing are sure to hook you.
21. “I think that the pendulum will swing back to the other side one day.” — Susan Anton
22. “Symbols need not limit their scope to this pendulum swing of images.” — Rene Crevel
23. “We’re waiting for the pendulum to swing back again, which I am absolutely confident it will.” — Don Bluth
24. “When things get better, there’s a swing to the pendulum where things get worse for others.” — Rupi Kaur
25. “So often the pendulum continues to swing with the side that has just pulled themselves out of the hole.” — Tony Gubba
26. “I certainly like to swing the pendulum and try new things and to do things that are different from the last thing that I did.” — Chris Sullivan
27. “I felt as if I were riding a pendulum. Just as I would swing into the abyss of hopelessness, the pendulum would swing back with some small goodness.” — Ruta Sepetys
28. “I think that gravity sets into everything, including careers, but pendulums do swing and mountains do become valleys after a while… if you keep on walking.” — Sylvester Stallone
29. “So I think in those circumstances, there’s some potential that you could see a big pendulum swing like 1994, which people you thought weren’t vulnerable all of a sudden get in trouble.” — John Podesta
30. “If you have pendulum clocks on the wall and start them all at different times, after a while, the pendulums will all swing in synchronicity. The same thing happens with heart cells in a Petri dish: They start beating in rhythm even when they’re not touching one another.” — Bruce Lipton
Swing quotes about ball and pitching
If you know your skills in pitching and swinging the ball, you may find these swing quotes intriguing.
31. “When I see three balls, I just swing at the middle one.” — Hack Wilson
32. “The ultimate judge of your swing is the flight of the ball.” — Ben Hogan
33. “Swing hard, in case they throw the ball where you’re swinging.” — Duke Snider
34. “You don’t swing at any pitch. You swing at the ones you can hit.” — Barry Lyga
35. “What’s nice about investing is you don’t have to swing at every pitch.” — Warren Buffett
36. “What distracts us will begin to define us. We don’t need to swing at every pitch.” — Bob Goff
37. “I miss the guys, and I miss playing baseball. Just being able to swing the bat, or run, or dive for a ball, or slide into second.” — Prince Fielder
38. “I’ve always liked doubles. When you scald the ball on a line to the gap, I think that’s about as close to a perfect swing as you can get.” — Lance Berkman
39. “I usually don’t look at at-bats where I get out. I look at my hits. I look at good swings I put on balls. Because of that good swing or good at-bat, I can see what I need to continue to work on and recreate.” — Mark Teixeira
40. “You decide you’ll wait for your pitch. As the ball starts toward the plate, you think about your stance. And then you think about your swing. Then you realize that the ball that went by you for a strike was your pitch.” — Bobby Murcer
Jazz music swing quotes
Look through our collection of fantastic swing quotes about jazz swing music to find one that speaks to you.
41. “I love most melodic music – classical, reggae, big band, jazz, blues, country, pop, swing, folk.” — John Lescroart
42. “Swing’ is an adjective or a verb, not a noun. All jazz musicians should swing. There is no such thing as a ‘swing band’ in music.” — Artie Shaw
43. “Jazz comes from a tradition where it swings. Swing was the main ingredient of jazz. And once it loses the swing…well, that’s it.” — Van Morrison
44. “Where I grew up, Bob Wills and his western swing were very popular. And the western swing is not that far from jazz and blues.” — Willie Nelson
45. “As far as I’m concerned, the essentials of jazz are: melodic improvisation, melodic invention, swing, and instrumental personality.” — Mose Allison
More swing quotes about jazz
46. “I guess my biggest influence was actually my Grandfather. He used to play old records on vinyl, and would play old jazz and soul music like Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday and The Rat Pack and swing music.” — Ella Henderson
47. “Jazz is a music that really allows a person to express his deepest self, his most personal self – Africa being the primary source of jazz. Naturally, improvisation and swing are a part of jazz, improvisation being the key.” — Harold Land
48. “There was a time, from 1935-1946 when teenagers and young adults danced to jazz-orientated bands. When jazz orchestras dominated pop charts and when influential clarinetists were household names. This was the swing era.” — Scott Yanow
49. “Certain music, jazz, in particular, has the ability to make you a better citizen of the world. It helps you expand your worldview and gives you more confidence in your cultural achievements. Improvisational jazz teaches you about yourself while the swing in jazz teaches you how to work with others.” — Wynton Marsalis
50. “One of the most obvious aspects of the music to people who know jazz is: How does it feel in the swing? These are things that are very subtle, and that jazz musicians appreciate in a particular way. I appreciate the way Tommy Flanagan swings, the way that Barry Harris swings, the great pulse that Hank Jones and Bill Evans have – end every one of them is different.” — Chuck Israels
Which one of these swing quotes is your favorite?
With this, our swing quotes compilation ends.
We have collected these quotes by keeping in mind the variable interests of the readers.
Hence, the swing quotes listed above are widely distinctive.
To help you find the quotes of your choice, we have categorized them into different sections.
Besides, if you like one of our swing quotes, share it with us by commenting in the section below.
January 5, 2023 6:00 AM EST