Texans are proud of the giant home state and these Texas quotes from Texans will show that pride in a big way!
You’ve likely heard the saying that everything is bigger in Texas, but you might be surprised to learn that it is actually the second largest state in the United States (Alaska is over double the size)!
These quotes are funny and witty.
Some of them make the perfect Instagram captions.
Whether Texas is your home state, or if you are just driving through or on vacation, there is a Texas quote that will fit your photos.
Famous Texans who make our quote list include Kelly Clarkson, George W. Bush, and Matthew McConaughey; just to name a few!
The first time I heard an authentic Texas saying was when George W. Bush told the nation, “This ain’t my first Rodeo.”
Keep reading through these Texas quotes for some other interesting things you might not have known about the ‘Lone Star State.’
Don’t forget to also check out these Hawaiian quotes about the tropical island paradise.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Look through our complete collection of inspirational quotes here.
Funny Texas quotes
1. “In Texas, we practically come out of the womb in jeans.” — Kelly Clarkson
You will also enjoy our article on Matthew McConaughey quotes.
2.“Football is to Texas what religion is to a priest.” ― Tom Landry
3. “I didn’t drive eleven hours across the state of Texas to watch my cholesterol.” ― Robb Walsh
You will also enjoy our article on Qui Gon Jinn quotes.
4. “This is Texas. We’re still figuring out how to spell tolerance.” ― Rachel Caine
5. “News events are like Texas weather. If you don’t like it, wait a minute.” ― Jessica Savitch
6. “Some folks look at me and see a certain swagger, which in Texas is called ‘walking.’” — George W. Bush
7. “Makes me want to go to leave the United States and go to a more sensible place, like Texas.” — Greg Gutfeld
8. “Texas is neither southern nor western. Texas is Texas.” — William Blakely
9. “I feel safer on a racetrack than I do on Houston’s freeways.” ― A.J. Foyt
10. “The definition of insanity in Texas is so insane that it’s impossible to be insane in Texas.” ― Malcolm Mcdowell
You will also enjoy our article on Michigan quotes.
Texas quotes about Texans
11. “Texans ain’t Texans if they aren’t willing to boast about the state they call home.” — Unknown
12. “In Texas, there is a certain honor of being a Texan that is doing something the best that you can.” ― Matthew McConaughey
13. “Obviously, people in Texas have big hearts.” ― Katie Couric
14. “Texans ignore ‘better,’ long ago forgot the useless word ‘good.’ Everything in Texas is ‘best.’” — Edward Smith
15. “Are you really a Texan? I mean, really? If I have a headache, I’d put bacon around an Aspirin before I take it.” ― RJ Scott
16. “I think Texans have more fun than the rest of the world.” — Tommy Tune
17. “I like Texas and texans. In Texas, everything is bigger. When texans win, they win big. And when they lose, it’s spectacular. If you really want to learn the attitude of how to handle risk, losing, and failure, go to San Antonio and visit the Alamo.” ― Robert Kiyosaki
18. “A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.” — Billy Clayton
19. “I love Texas because Texas is future-oriented, because Texans think anything is possible. Texans think big.” — Senator Phil Gramm
20. “At the risk of descending to unscientific generalizations, ninety percent of Texans give the other ten percent a bad name.” — Mary Doria Russell
21. “Texans, for the most part, have never learned to be dull.” — Randolph Campbell
22. “As a Texan, I say Ma’am and Sir to my age contemporaries and open doors for anyone that I can.” — Tiffany Madison
You will also enjoy our article on Billy Madison quotes.
Texas quotes for Instagram
23. “No place like Texas would I ever roam. No place like Texas, my home, sweet home.” ― Willie Nelson
24. “If you grab enough Texas land, something good is bound to happen.” ― James Michener
25. “You can take the girl out of Texas, but you can’t take the Texas out the girl.” ― Janine Turner
26. “Texas is a blend of valor and swagger.” — Carl Sandburg
27. “Always marry a woman from Texas. No matter how tough things get, she’s seen tougher.”― Dan Rather
28. “You don’t just move into Texas. It moves into you.” — Manny Fernandez
29. “This is America. We’re entitled to our opinions. Wrong. This is Texas. And my opinion is the only one that counts.” — Susan Elizabeth Phillips
30. “Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word.” — John Steinbeck
31. “You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas.” — Davy Crockett
32. “There are parts of texas where a fly lives ten thousand years and a man can’t die soon enough.” ― Katherine Dunn
Texas quotes about how big the state really is
33. “I thought I knew Texas pretty well, but I had no notion of its size until I campaigned it.” — Ann Richards
34. “Most Americans can cover their home state in less than a week. In Texas, if you concentrate and work at it steadily, you can traverse your territory by about age thirty-seven.” — Rosemary Kent
35. “No matter where you go in east Texas, ‘deep’ east Texas is always about twenty miles further in than wherever you are.” ― Markham Shaw Pyle
36. “I read somewhere that you could still fit the entire world’s population into Texas. Imagine that.” ― Caspar Vega
37. “There was a vastness here, more air, more sun, more space, and I thought that here a man drew some of that vastness into his soul.” — Conrad Hilton
38. “What you northerners never appreciate is that Texas is so big that you can live your life within its limits and never give a damn about what anyone in Boston or San Francisco thinks.” — James Michener
39. “The sky in Texas is the most amazing sky in the whole world. I think you can see more sky in Texas than you can see anywhere else in the world.” — Idina Menzel
40. “If you’ve ever driven across Texas, you know how different one area of the state can be from another.” — Lee Trevino
Texas quotes about Dallas and Austin
41. “I love the ballsiness of it all, how Dallas goes for it.” — Todd Fiscus
42. “As bright as the Dallas sky, she always holds her head up high” ― Unknown
43. “Dallas is a city full of friendly, proud, hardworking people who make things happen. They are less talk and more action.” ― Renee Rouleau
44. “I learned a lot I wouldn’t have learned roaming the streets of Dallas.” ― Dennis Rodman
45. “People don’t live in Austin to work, they work to live there.” ― Robert Rodriguez
46. “I’ve been surprised by Austin. I had a cowboy image of the place. It’s a pretty sophisticated city – in some ways, more sophisticated than Boston. And there’s a lighter feel to the place. It’s very good for my spirits.” ― Tim O’Brien
47. “There’s a freedom you begin to feel the closer you get to Austin, Texas.” ― Willie Nelson
48. “I like it here in Austin. Anybody got a room?” ― Keith Richards
49. “I like the fact that Austin’s the first place I’ve ever lived where there’s a real sense of community. People care about their neighbors.” ― Ian McLagan
50. “I do think Austin is a great town for writers; we have a lot of them here. But I grew up in Austin, and so I didn’t move here because it was a creative mecca; I was just lucky to live here.” — Jeff Abbott
Famous Texas Quotes and Sayings
51. “There’s no better place than Texas to start over.” — John Connelly.
52. “Never forget, son, when you represent Texas, always go first class.” — James Michener.
53. “Texas has a tight cohesiveness perhaps stronger than any other section of America.” — John Steinbeck.
54. “Texas will again lift its head and stand among the nations. It ought to do so, for no country upon the globe can compare with it in natural advantages.” — Sam Houston
55. “Only Texas could turn defeat into a legend–and a song, and a tourist attraction, and a major motion picture.” — Rosemary Kent
56.“There wouldn’t be no Alamo, No Cowboys in the Superbowl… No Lonesome Dove, no “Yellow Rose”, If it wasn’t for Texas.” — George Strait
57. “I Like the image Texas brings to mind–that of bigness, of strength, of goodness.” – Ninfa Laurenzo
58. “Texas history is as varied, tempestuous, and vast as the state itself. Texas yesterday is unbelievable, but no more incredible than Texas today. Today’s Texas is exhilarating, exasperating, violent, charming, horrible, delightful, alive.” – Edna Ferber,
59. “A Texan outside of Texas is a foreigner.” — John Steinbeck
60. “I’d rather be a fencepost in Texas, than the king of Tennessee.” – Chris Wall
Best Texas Quotes To Fill you With Pride
51. “Texas has long been known as the nation’s largest energy producer, but we are equally proud of our distinction as the nation’s leading energy innovator.” — Rick Perry
52. “I’ve traveled all over the world, but I don’t think there is any place better than Texas.” — Red Adair
53. “In Texas, it’s always hot, dry, sunny, not a cloud in the sky.” — Piper Perabo
54. “Like most passionate nations, Texas has its own history based on, but not limited by facts.” — John Steinbeck
55. “Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may.” — Sam Houston
56. “Texas is like Australia with the handbrake off.” — Tim Blair
57. “Texas is so popular that Texas-themed restaurants and businesses have popped up worldwide, but there’s only one original.” — Elizabeth Abrahamsen
58. “Texas is the finest portion of the globe that has blessed my vision.” — Sam Houston
59. “Texas is the crossroads of the world. Everything here is big.” — Bobby Lee
60. “That’s right, you’re not from Texas. But Texas wants you anyways.” — Lyle Lovett
What did you learn from these Texas quotes?
Texas got its nickname from their original ‘Lone Star’ flag, which was adopted when they became independent from Mexico in 1836.
It was known as the Republic of Texas from 1836 until 1845 when it agreed to join the United States.
If I asked you which two U.S. presidents were born in Texas, you would likely respond with Geroge H. W. Bush and George W. Bush, but you would be incorrect! Both Bush’s were actually born in New England but established their political careers in Texas.
Dwight D. Eisenhower and Lyndon B. Johnson are the only two presidents to have been born in the state.
The name Texas comes from a Caddo Indian word that means ‘friends’ or ‘allies.’
That same word was also incorporated into the state motto which is friendship!
It’s no wonder that people in Texas are known for having “big hearts” and being friendly.
Do you have any other interesting Texas facts to share or other common Texas phrases?
Let us know in the comment section below!