These free spirit quotes and sayings will inspire you to live life to the fullest.
Some people were destined to lead a life of adventure, passion, and intrigue. These free spirit quotes will fuel your desire to run wild and live by your own rules.
Do you have a free spirit and a happy heart?
Being a free spirit with a wild heart isn’t always easy. These sayings and words of wisdom will guide you on your journey.
If you believe in yourself and trust your soul, you can achieve all of your dreams. Read these free spirit quotes for motivation and encouragement.
You may have been called a free spirit before if you’re the kind of person that dances to the beat of their own drum.
These quotes emphasize the power and beauty of having a wild heart. The next time you have a tough choice to make, read this list of free spirit sayings and trust your gut.
Free spirit quotes to inspire you to live life to the fullest
1. “My soul is from elsewhere, I’m sure of that, and I intend to end up there.” – Rumi
2. “She was born to be free, let her run wild in her own way and you will never lose her.” – Nikki Rowe
3. “I like to be a free spirit. Some don’t like that, but that’s the way I am.” – Princess Diana
4. “You are always free to change your mind and choose a different future, or a different past.” – Richard Bach
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Halsey quotes to motivate you to be yourself.
5. “A free spirit takes liberties even with liberty itself.” – Francis Picabia
6. “Release your majestic mind, embrace your untamed inner spirit. Break free from captivity, avoid society… You were born to be free.” – Melanie Muller
7. “I am a free spirit. I tell the truth, and I like to mix it up.” – Ed Rendell
8. “Let your mind be set free from the control of others influence.” – Jeremy Limn
9. “I am a free spirit. I am very impulsive. I put the most trust in people chance after chance, regardless of how they treat me.” – Sasha Lane
10. “It is the free-spirited men and women that we most admire and often envy — those individuals who dare to be themselves.” – Kevyn Aucoin
Also, read these wrestling quotes for fans of the sport.
Free spirit quotes to help you follow your dreams
11. “I have fallen in love with the imagination. And if you fall in love with the imagination, you understand that it is a free spirit. It will go anywhere, and it can do anything.” – Alice Walker
12. “Being young isn’t about age, it’s about being a free spirit. You can meet someone of 20 who’s boring and old, or you can meet someone of 70 who’s youthful and exciting. I met Fred Astaire when he was 72 and I was 21, and I fell in love with him. He certainly was a free spirit.” – Twiggy
13. “They can’t chain my spirit! My spirit runs free! Walls can’t contain it! Laws can’t restrain it! Authority has no power over it!” – Bill Watterson
14. “A free spirit is not bound by this, that, matter, materialism or opinion. They sing, dance and flow on the wind — for they are at one with it. They are nothing and everything — void and expanse. Even space and time does not confine or define them. For they are pure energy itself.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
If you’re enjoying these quotes, check out our dance quotes to inspire you to get your body moving.
15. “I’m a human, and I’m multidimensional. If I was the perfect form of anything, I’d be boring. If I was a free spirit all the time, I would be boring; I would lack depth. If I was dark and enigmatic all the time, then I would lack relatability.” – Halsey
16. “You call yourself a free spirit, a ‘wild thing,’ and you’re terrified somebody’s gonna stick you in a cage. Well baby, you’re already in that cage. You built it yourself. And it’s not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somali-land. It’s wherever you go. Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself.” – Truman Capote
17. “Each one of us has it in themselves to be a free spirit, just as every rose bud has in it a rose.” – Rudolf Steiner
18. “I can entertain. I am a party girl. I am a free spirit.” – Kendra Wilkinson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of party quotes to remind you that life is a party.
19. “I’m just really a free spirit. You gotta be like that. ‘Cause life ain’t that complicated. It’s only that complicated when you make it that way. I just wanna wake up and move with the way it goes. If it’s meant to happen, it will happen.” – Future
20. “We are all free spirits. We must choose to practice freedom.” – Sark
Also, read these Letterkenny quotes that will make you want to pack up and move to Canada.
Free spirit quotes to fuel your desire to run wild
21. “I will follow my instincts, be myself for good or ill, and see what will be the upshot.” – John Muir
22. “The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” – Albert Camus
23. “I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar!” – Joss Whedon
24. “One radical free spirit nonconformist is pretty much like another.” – George Will
25. “I want to live my life without filters. I don’t walk on egg shells. I say what I want and I’m a very free spirit.” – Demi Lovato
26. “Do you have the discipline to be a free spirit?” – Gabrielle Roth
27. “Indeed, at hearing the news that ‘the old god is dead’, we philosophers and ‘free spirits’ feel illuminated by a new dawn; our heart overflows with gratitude, amazement, forebodings, expectation – finally the horizon seems clear again, even if not bright; finally our ships may set out again, set out to face any danger; every daring of the lover of knowledge is allowed again; the sea, our sea, lies open again; maybe there has never been such an ‘open sea’.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
28. “I had always been a free spirit and always gotten what I wanted.” – Rick James
29. “Even the fact that I labelled myself makes me mad sometimes, because dude, I’m just a free spirit.” – Lauren Jauregui
30. “I am living breathing freedom.” – Hiroko Sakai
Free spirit quotes that will inspire you to live by your own rules
31. “I am a free spirit. A spirit that evolves. I’m a diamond. I’m just refining it. Polishing it. Glossing it up.” – Simeon Rice
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of diamond quotes about the power of long-lasting beauty.
32. “No matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself.” – Audrey Hepburn
33. “The soul is an infinite ocean of just beautiful energy and presence made manifest in human form.” – Panache Desai
34. “A free spirit must be able to surmount anxiety time after time.” – Mason Cooley
35. “And it is you, spirit — with will and energy, and virtue and purity — that I want, not alone with your brittle frame.” – Charlotte Bronte
36. “The living soul of man, once conscious of its power, cannot be quelled.” – Horace Mann
37. “I love carelessly, live respectfully, speak intelligently, work passionately, trust recklessly, get hurt easily and bounce back effortlessly.” – Tony Payne
38. “The human spirit: Unbreakable. Relentless. Free.” – Garth Brooks
39. “I’m a free spirit who never had the balls to be free.” – Cheryl Strayed
40. “Your happiness doesn’t come free, but you need to be free to be happy.” – Nokwethemba Nkosi
You might also like these imagination quotes that will inspire you to unleash the untapped treasures in your mind.
Free spirit quotes to guide you on your journey
41. “A few years ago, I bought an old red bicycle with the words Free Spirit written across its side — which is exactly what I felt like when I rode it down the street in a tie-dyed dress.” – Drew Barrymore
42. “We must free ourselves from this prison that restricts our personal desires by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.” – Dee Waldeck
43. “There are incalculable resources in the human spirit, once it has been set free.” – Hubert H. Humphrey
44. “I love people who are free — the ones who are all-things beautiful. They’re the ones who make this life worth living.” – Ashley Duvan
45. “A ship in dock, surrounded by quays and the walls of warehouses, has the appearance of a prisoner meditating upon freedom in the sadness of a free spirit put under restraint.” – Joseph Conrad
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out these amazing Angel quotes to bring out the good in you.
46. “I realize I’m a free spirit. I like to be happy. I have to have more control of my happiness.” – Chamique Holdsclaw
47. “The free soul is rare but you know it when you see it — basically because you feel good, very good when you are near or with them.” – Charles Bukowski
48. “I don’t call myself a Buddhist. I’m a free spirit. I believe I’m here on earth to admire and enjoy it; that’s my religion.” – Alice Walker
49. “If a man is to be a man, a free spirit unto himself, he must arm himself not only with weapons but with ideals and concepts he is willing to die for.” – William Powell
50. “To keep our faces toward chance and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.” – Helen Keller
Free spirit quotes for women
51. “I used to be a free spirit.” — Soleil Moon Frye
52. “I love being naked. I’m a free spirit.” — Alessandra Torresani
53. “I am a free spirit that must survive in a free world.” — Margaret Trudeau
54. “Basically, I’m a free spirit. I’m kind of an Everywoman.” — Pamela Anderson
55. “I’m a free spirit, so if I am with someone it has to be a man who understands that, and not all men do.” — Marisa Berenson
56. “I’m not trying to be a role model to kids, because I don’t have any children, but I do think everyone should have a free spirit.” — Chelsea Handler
57. “Being married and having a child was not something I wanted, and I knew that at a very young age. I tend to be more solitary, and I’m truly a free spirit.” — Patricia Clarkson
58. “Women’s minds have been mutilated and muted to such a state that ‘Free Spirit’ has been branded into them as a brand name for girdles and bras rather than as the name of our verb-ing, be-ing Selves.” — Mary Daly
59. “People ask why I always play crazy people and free spirits. I guess it is because I like to have fun. But I am more ambitious than your average free spirit. This job is hard enough that, without drive and hard work, you will never make it work.” — Lucy Punch
60. “The rivalry between the Montague and the Capulet kids seems very modern to me. Juliet is a free spirit, full of untapped love and passion. I think a lot of girls can relate to her. And it’s very relevant in terms of kids defying their parents.” — Hailee Steinfeld
Free spirit quotes to keep your heart and soul wild
61. “I am a wild woman. it would take a warrior to tame my spirit.” ― Nikki Rowe
62. “Dance with the waves, move with the sea. Let the rhythm of the water set your soul free.” ― Christy Ann Martine
63. “You will never see me surrender, never see me cry, but you will often see me walk away. Turn around and just leave, without looking back.” ― Charlotte Eriksson
64. “This is the day I give birth to my liberation.” ― Helen Edwards
65. “In the moment of surrender, you are free.” ― Kris Franken
67. “You were never mine to keep. You will always be free.” ― Rae Knightly
68. “Reserve your love, not for the slow and tamed, but for the wild and adventurous.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
69. “Not everything is meant to be explained. However, everything is meant to be experienced. And we would be wise to remember that attempting to explain everything often destroys the experience of all things.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
70. “I left something behind in the heat and the vastness of this continent, and I was reborn as something I knew I had always been: a wanderess.” ― Meara O’Hara
Don’t forget to also read these Gone With the Wind quotes sure to have you swooning.
What it is like being a free spirit quotes
71. “I think I’m like a free spirit.” — Bai Ling
72. “I am an artiste and truly a free spirit.” — Deepti Naval
73. “I’m a free spirit; more people should become free spirits.” — Mark Roberts
74. “My mom was a free spirit, and she brought me up to be a free spirit.” — Mark Bradford
75. “I’m a free spirit and that definitely comes from my upbringing, so it’s definitely shaped me as an artist.” — Neon Hitch
76. “If you try to tame her she will fly away, because pretty little spirits like her, never like to be caged.” ― Nikki Rowe
77. “We are too quick to put labels on things. It is my profession. I get up and paint. Everyone wants to put a label on it, but I am a free spirit, so I fight against that.” — Geoffrey Holder
78. “I was just always kind of a free spirit with a wild side, but when you meet a person that just makes you better and makes you better at life, your mindset changes.” — Diana Taurasi
79. “I wear like lip gloss and my hair is always really natural, and I’m a really kind of natural free spirit in my everyday life who has crystals and I burn sage, and I think I find a lot of calming beauty in that stuff.” — Maria Brink
80. “Wild women are an unexplainable spark of life. They ooze freedom and seek awareness, they belong to nobody but themselves yet give a piece of who they are to everyone they meet. If you have met one, hold on to her, she’ll allow you into her chaos but she’ll also show you her magic.” ― Nikki Rowe
Free spirit quotes for the wild adventuring soul
81. “Wildflower; pick up your pretty little head,
It will get easier, your dreams are not dead.” -Nikki Rowe
82. “I don’t like to be bored.”– Jeanne Willis
83. “My theory is you just have to accept what you can’t change, or don’t want to change about yourself, and surround yourselves with people who care about you for what and who you are.” -Audrey Carlan
84. “You can be very wild and still be very wise.” -Yoko Ono
85. “Wild as an armful of birds, she flies everywhere in an instant. There is no keeping her inside, no making her sit quietly. She has never been like other girls, never like other children.” -Joanne Harris
86. “We are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us because unfathomable. We can never have enough of nature.” -Henry David Thoreau
87. “Baby, I’m not afraid. I’ve been to hell and back. I’m a free spirit, a wild child and a renegade.” -Mishi McCoy
88. “Once the free spirit has taken hold of a man, there’s no way of getting it out of him.” -Anton Chekhov
89. “Let us dance in the sun, wearing wildflowers in our hair…” –Susan Polis Schutz
90. “There she goes. How strange she is: my winter child; my changeling. Wild as an armful of birds, she flies everywhere in an instant. There is no keeping her inside, no making her sit quietly.”– Joanne Harris
Free spirit quotes for the happy and gay
91. “Every day is a new day, and you’ll never be able to find happiness if you don’t move on.” – Carrie Underwood
92. “Being happy never goes out of style.” – Lily Pulitzer
93. “Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.” – Anne Frank
94. “If you want to be happy, do not dwell in the past, do not worry about the future, focus on living fully in the present.” – Roy T. Bennett
95. “They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: Someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.” – Tom Bodett
96. “There’s nothing like deep breaths after laughing that hard. Nothing in the world like a sore stomach for the right reasons.” – Stephen Chbosky
97. “Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.” – Mark Twain
98. “The thing everyone should realize is that the key to happiness is being happy by yourself and for yourself.” – Ellen DeGeneres
99. “Happiness is a journey, not a destination.” – Buddha
100. “Don’t worry. Be happy.” – Bobby McFerrin
Which of these free spirit quotes inspires you to follow your dreams?
People who have a free spirit with a wild heart were born to explore. If you play by your own rules and trust your instincts, you can live life to the fullest. These inspiring quotes are guaranteed to give you a new perspective on life.
You can reach your goals and achieve your dreams as long as you believe in yourself. Read these free-spirited quotes and sayings whenever you need encouragement or guidance.
The key to succeeding in life is allowing your soul to be light and your spirit to be free.
You can experience your wildest dreams and your deepest desires with the right attitude. Read these free spirit quotes if you seek inspiration and strength.
What are your favorite free spirit quotes and sayings about life, love, and passion? Let us know in the comment section below.
May 12, 2022 6:41 AM EST