Whether you’ve found true love or are still looking, if you’re a romantic, you’ll enjoy these true love quotes.
Love is such a simple but powerful word. Many people spend their entire lives trying to figure love out. Some find it easy. Others struggle to know if what they have is true love. And still, some aren’t sure it even exists.
How would you describe true love?
As you’ll see in these quotes, true love is one of those things that you seem to know when you find it.
True love is different from other types of love and these quotes attempt to explain why. So, whether you’re newly in love and hoping it’s the right thing, you’ve been in love for years, or are still looking for that special person, enjoy these true love quotes.
True love quotes about friendship
1. “Rare as is true love, true friendship is rarer.” – Jean de La Fontaine
2. “Two things you will never have to chase: true friends and true love.” – Mandy Hale
3. “You know, true love really matters, friends really matter, family really matters. Being responsible and disciplined and healthy really matters.” – Courtney Thorne-Smith
4. “Celebrate the people in your life who are there because they love you for no other reason than because you are YOU.” – Mandy Hale
5. “True love is not a strong, fiery, impetuous passion. It is, on the contrary, an element calm and deep. It looks beyond mere externals and is attracted by qualities alone. It is wise and discriminating, and its devotion is real and abiding.” – Ellen G. White
6. “True love brings up everything – you’re allowing a mirror to be held up to you daily.” – Jennifer Aniston
7. “True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.” – Erich Segal
8. “True love is selfless. It is prepared to sacrifice.” – Sadhu Vaswani
9. “My brothers and sisters, true love is a reflection of the Savior’s love. In December of each year we call it the Christmas spirit. You can hear it. You can see it. You can feel it.” – Thomas S. Monson
10. “People will walk in and walk out of your life, but the one whose footstep made a long-lasting impression is the one you should never allow to walk out.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
Meaningful true love quotes
11. “True love is eternal, infinite, and always like itself. It is equal and pure, without violent demonstrations: it is seen with white hairs and is always young in the heart.” – Honore de Balzac
12. “Real love is always chaotic. You lose control; you lose perspective. You lose the ability to protect yourself. The greater the love, the greater the chaos. It’s a given and that’s the secret.” ― Jonathan Carroll
13. “True love doesn’t happen right away; it’s an ever-growing process. It develops after you’ve gone through many ups and downs, when you’ve suffered together, cried together, laughed together.” – Ricardo Montalban
14. “True love is not the number of kisses, or how often you get them, true love is the feeling that still lingers long after the kiss is over.” – Unknown
15. “True love, to me, is when she’s the first thought that goes through your head when you wake up and the last thought that goes through your head before you go to sleep.” – Justin Timberlake
16. “True love is knowing a person’s faults, and loving them even more for them.” – Unknown
17. “True love is not how you forgive, but how you forget, not what you see but what you feel, not how you listen but how you understand, and not how you let go but how you hold on.” – Dale Evans
18. “True love is choosing the many things a person did right rather than the one thing he did wrong. True love does not keep the record of wrongs.” – Unknown
19. “Life is a game and true love is a trophy.” – Rufus Wainwright
20. “It can only be true love when you enable your other half to be better, to be the person they’re destined to be.” – Michelle Yeoh
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of love quotes for her to help you express your feelings.
True love quotes to live by
21. “Nothing can bring a real sense of security into the home except true love.” – Billy Graham
22. “I know love is real because her love is visible.”― Delano Johnson
23. “If someone truly loves you, they won’t tell you love stories, they will make a love story with you.” – Unknown
24. “True love that lasts forever… yes, I do believe in it. My parents have been married for 40 years and my grandparents were married for 70 years. I come from a long line of true love.” – Zooey Deschanel
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of grandparent quotes about the power of family.
25. “True love doesn’t come to you, it has to be inside you.” – Julie Roberts
26. “True love cannot be found where it does not exist, nor can it be denied where it does.” – Torquato Tasso
27. “Real love means loving-kindness and compassion, the kind of love that does not have any conditions.” – Nhat Hanh
28. “True love does not only encompass the things that make you feel good, it also holds you to a standard of accountability.” – Monica Johnson
29. “True love is inexhaustible; the more you give, the more you have. And if you go to draw at the true fountainhead, the more water you draw, the more abundant is its flow.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
30. “Only true love can fuel the hard work that awaits you.” – Tom Freston
True love quotes that will make you believe in love
31. “You only need one man to love you. But him to love you free like a wildfire, crazy like the moon, always like tomorrow, sudden like an inhale and overcoming like the tides. Only one man and all of this.” ― C. JoyBell C.
32. “If he can’t handle you at your worst then he does not deserve you at your best. Real love means seeing beyond the words spoken out of pain, and instead seeing a person’s soul.” ― Shannon Alder
33. “We’ve lost a lot of years, but you can’t lose love. Not real love. It stays locked inside you, ready for whenever you are strong enough to find it again.” ― Martina Boone
34. “To love without condition, to talk without intention, to give without reason, to care without expectation; That’s the spirit of true love.” – Unknown
35. “In real love, you want the other persons good. In romantic love you want the other person.” – Margaret Anderson
36. “True love stories never have endings.” – Richard Bach
37. “True love bears all, endures all and triumphs!” – Dada Vaswani
38. “True love is like a pair of socks you gotta have two and they’ve gotta match.” – Unknown
39. “True love will triumph in the end – which may or may not be a lie, but if it is a lie, it’s the most beautiful lie we have.” – John Green
40. “It may be an old cliche, but I think true love will last; it has no end. But finding the right person is a very difficult thing.” – Bruce Forsyth
True love quotes that will make your day
41. “And remember, as it was written, to love another person is to see the face of God.” – Les Miserables
42. “Once you find true love, don’t expect to find it again. So hold on to it, hug it, embrace it while you have it.” – Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of hug quotes for everyone who needs one.
43. “I’m looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can’t-live-without-each-other love.” ― Candace Bushnell
44. “It is so difficult in the world for people to find love, true love.” – LaToya Jackson
45. “True love is the best thing in the world, except for cough drops.” – William Goldman
46. “True love is usually the most inconvenient kind.” – Kiera Cass
47. “If people are going to be allowed to say “we love you” and “I love you”, they’d better have the backbone to prove it. Love isn’t just a word.” ― C. JoyBell C.
48. “Sometimes, he thought, real love is silent as well as blind.” – Stephen King
49. “A true relationship is with someone who accepts your past, supports your present and encourages your future.” – Unknown
50. “Real love feels less like a throbbing, pulsing animal begging for its freedom and beating against the inside of my chest and more like, ‘Hey, that place you like had fish tacos today and I got you some while I was out’, as it sets a bag spotted with grease on the dining room table. It’s not a game you don’t understand the rules of or a test you never got the materials to study for.” – Samantha Irby
You might also like these love quotes to help you express how you feel.
More true love quotes
51. “True love is unconditional, unjudgemental, and infinite.” – Aiyaz Uddin
52. “True love is the reward of true sensuality.” – Lebo Grand
53. “Happiness is silver, but true love is gold.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
54. “The course of true love is not banked on the sharp turns.” – Abhijit Naskar
55. “True love is an intoxicating whirlwind of passion shared with your best friend. It’s quiet moments of connection and knowing you are on a team of two.” – Amy Leigh Mercree
56. “True love is to jump over your own shadow.” – Sir Kristian Goldmund Aumann
57. “Our hearts speak the same language but more importantly our souls share the same voice.” – Nikki Rowe
58. “True love doesn’t have an expiry date; it is eternal.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
59. “I have always been impressed by those individuals that love another so hard. Now I know, it is not how hard you love, but how True You Love Until The End.” – Ronald Gray
60. “I wish I would have known you earlier so I could love you longer.” – Derek Miles
Which of these true love quotes resonated with you best?
True love can be a hard thing to put into words. It’s something that you feel and can recognize, but it doesn’t always look the same to everyone. But understanding and listening to what true love looks like to others can help you to start recognizing it in your own life. And when you find it, it’s something that you don’t want to just let go of.
True love still requires work to maintain but every effort that you put into it is completely worth it when you’ve found that special person. Don’t get discouraged if you haven’t found it yet, true love does exist and it’s out there waiting.
Which of these true love quotes and sayings resonated with you best? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
March 9, 2020 7:10 AM EST