UFO Quotes to Help You Discover the Truth
February 16, 2023 6:00 AM EST | 10 min read
There is a UFO quote on this list for everyone, regardless of your current viewpoint!
There has been a lot of chatter lately about unidentified flying objects in airspaces worldwide.
Are these weather balloons, spy balloons, or alien aircrafts?
Tell us your favorite UFO quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these UFO quotes?
The dictionary defines a UFO as a mysterious object seen in the sky for which we can find no orthodox scientific explanation.
Reading these UFO quotes can:
- help you learn more about a fascinating subject
- explore different perspectives
- entertain you
UFOs are a popular subject of fascination and speculation.
Learning more about them can help satisfy your curiosity and desire for knowledge.
UFOs are a topic that inspires a wide range of beliefs and opinions.
Hearing from people with different viewpoints, such as astrophysicists, astronauts, and political leaders, can help readers grasp the diversity of thought surrounding UFOs.
Of course, reading quotes from comedians and other people will entertain you (or send you down a rabbit hole in a foil hat).
Another added benefit from reading these UFO quotes is the spark of imagination and creativity you might get!
These UFO quotes can encourage readers to think about new possibilities and expand their minds.
Check out these Alien quotes before you go!
What are some common characteristics of UFOs?
When we think of common characteristics of UFOs, we think about things like:
- What shape and size are they?
- How do they move?
- Are there lights?
- Can you hear any sounds?
People often describe UFOs as saucer-shaped, disc-shaped, or cylindrical.
However, there have been reports of more irregular shapes, such as triangles or diamond-shaped objects.
Regarding movement, they typically move in ways that contradict conventional aircraft.
They may move at high speeds, stop suddenly, or change direction.
Traditionally, people have reported them hovering in one spot.
Witnesses often describe UFOs as being colorfully lit.
The lights might appear in various patterns or colors.
Most people claim that there is no sound from the aircraft.
However, some people have reported humming and buzzing sounds.
Keep reading to learn more!
Funny UFO quotes to make you laugh
1. “I’m not saying it was aliens, but it was aliens.” — Giorgio A. Tsoukalos
2. “I saw a UFO once… but it turned out to be a Frisbee.” — Bill Watterson
3. “I don’t believe in UFOs, but I’m not going to stake my life on it.” — Bob Newhart
4. “The truth is out there. But so are lies.” — Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson), The X-Files
5. “I don’t know what people are afraid of. It’s just a flying saucer, a hunk of metal up in the sky.” — Jack Nicholson
6. “If the aliens are going to abduct someone, why not take me? I don’t have a lot going on.” — Ellen DeGeneres
7. “I’m just glad they’re calling them unidentified flying objects. That’s better than when they used to call them communist aircraft.” — Jay Leno
8. “It’s not that I don’t believe in UFOs. It’s just that I don’t believe in aliens from other planets. I think they’re from here, they’re just avoiding us.” — Brian Regan
9. “If aliens ever visit us, I think the outcome would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didn’t turn out very well for the Native Americans.” — Stephen Hawking
10. “I believe in UFOs, but I don’t believe they’re coming to our planet. If aliens are so smart, why would they want to come to a planet where the dominant species spends most of its time killing each other?” — George Carlin
Crazy UFO quotes that are “out of this world”
11. “I had never seen anything like it before. It was out of this world.” — Bruce Gernon, an American pilot
12. “I looked up and saw a silver object, out of this world, hovering. It was shaped like a saucer.” — Buzz Aldrin, American astronaut
13. “We all have a shared interest in the events that concern UFOs, out of this world sightings, and close encounters of the third kind.” — Steven Spielberg
14. “It’s just amazing to think about the possibility that there could be life out there, and that it could be something that is truly out of this world.” — Seth MacFarlane
15. “We’re looking for the unexpected. I think that’s what science is always looking for, something that is out of this world.” — Jocelyn Bell Burnell, Northern Irish astrophysicist
Far out of this world quotes about UFOs
16. “I’ve always been interested in the concept of extraterrestrial life and what that could mean for us. It’s just fascinating to think about something that is out of this world.” — Halle Berry
17. “It was a very bright object, out of this world, as you might say. It was so bright it was throwing off reflections from the metal on the locomotive.” — Casey Jones, American train engineer
18. “When I was a kid, I used to dream about encountering something that was truly out of this world. Now, as an adult, I still dream about that.” — Anderson Cooper, American journalist
19. “I’ve seen UFOs, and I have spoken to the astronauts who have seen them. I have also spoken to the people at Area 51. There is no doubt that something is out there, and it is out of this world.” — Sammy Hagar, American musician
20. “When you see something that’s out of this world, the only way you can describe it is to say it’s out of this world.” — Travis Walton, American logger who claimed to have been abducted by aliens
UFO quotes from astronauts
21. “We were never able to identify the objects.” — Story Musgrave, Space Shuttle astronaut
22. “UFOs are real, and they may come from outer space.” — Dr. Brian O’Leary, former NASA astronaut
23. “There are things out there that are way beyond our current understanding.” — Edgar Mitchell, Apollo astronaut
24. “I’m a skeptic. I don’t believe in flying saucers. But there’s something going on.” — Gus Grissom, Mercury & Gemini astronaut
25. “It was a saucer-shaped object that was very large and appeared to be hovering over the surface.” — James McDivitt, Gemini astronaut
26. “I’ve been asked (about UFOs), and I’ve said publicly I thought they were somebody else, some other civilization.” — Eugene Cernan, Apollo astronaut
27. “There is substantial evidence to support the view that the UFO phenomenon represents visits to Earth by intelligent beings from other civilizations.” — Dr. Brian O’Leary, former NASA astronaut
28. “I saw an object, and I couldn’t explain it… It was not an airplane or a shooting star. It had a reddish hue. It was moving at a very high rate of speed, from north to south.” — Donald Slayton, Mercury astronaut
29. “I think it’s quite possible that they have a different dimension that we don’t understand, and they’re able to fly through the air, and we don’t know how they do it.” — Dr. Edgar Mitchell, astronaut & 6th man to walk on the moon
30. “There is certainly a huge amount of evidence pointing towards the fact that we are not alone, and that some of the sightings that have been reported are of very advanced and highly unusual craft.” — Dr. Edgar Mitchell, astronaut & 6th man to walk on the moon
UFO quotes from researchers and scientists
31. “The phenomenon of UFOs does exist, and it must be treated seriously.” — Michio Kaku, theoretical physicist
32. “I personally think there is very compelling evidence that we may not be alone.” — Neil deGrasse Tyson, astrophysicist & science communicator
33. “UFOs are real. There are things in our atmosphere, and we don’t know what they are.” — Dr. Jacques Vallee, computer scientist & UFO researcher
34. “The UFO phenomenon, whatever its ultimate explanation, is one of the great mysteries of the modern age.” — J. Allen Hynek, astronomer & UFO researcher
35. “The UFO phenomenon is one of the great mysteries of our time, and it is essential that it be scientifically investigated.” — Dr. J. Allen Hynek, astronomer & UFO researcher
36. “The UFO phenomenon is real, and it is not the result of mass hallucinations, hoaxes, or misidentifications of conventional objects.” — Dr. Jacques Vallee, computer scientist & UFO researcher
37. “The most intriguing aspect of the UFO phenomenon is that nearly half of all sightings remain unexplained, even after thorough investigation.” — Dr. David Clarke, journalist & UFO researcher
38. “UFOs are real. They are being seen all over the world, by credible witnesses of all kinds, under conditions which rule out hoaxes and hallucinations.” — Dr. J. Allen Hynek, astronomer & UFO researcher
39. “I have no doubt that the phenomenon of UFOs is real. The evidence for the existence of these objects is overwhelming, and the implications are staggering.” — Dr. Richard Haines, former NASA scientist & UFO researcher
40. “There is an ongoing need for a properly organized and coordinated scientific effort to investigate the UFO phenomenon, with an open mind and without preconceived ideas.” — Dr. Richard Haines, former NASA scientist & UFO researcher
UFO quotes from political figures
41. “I’ve seen things I can’t explain, and I think a lot of people have.” — John Glenn, astronaut & senator
42. “UFOs are real and represent a major threat to the national security of any country.” — General George S. Brown, former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
43. “We have not been able to explain thousands of UFO sightings, many by competent observers. I think we ought to find out what they are.” — Barry Goldwater, former US Senator & presidential candidate
44. “I think there is a lot of evidence that the government has not told us about [UFOs]. There are tons and tons of unexplained sightings that have been reported and investigated.” — John McCain, former U.S. Senator
45. “We have military and civilian pilots who have reported seeing these things, and they’re unidentified flying objects. The military has had many reports of them, and they’ve been unable to identify what they are.” — Jimmy Carter, former US President
Longer quotes from political figures
46. “I’ve been asked about UFO sightings, and I’ve said publicly I think they’re worth looking into. There’s a lot of stuff flying around up there that we don’t understand, and some of it is pretty interesting.” — John Podesta, former White House Chief of Staff
47. “There is no doubt that there have been numerous reports and incidents of strange objects in the sky, which have been seen by credible witnesses and cannot be explained.” — General Gordon R. Sullivan, former Chief of Staff of the US Army
48. “It is time for the truth to be brought out… Behind the scenes, high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense.” — Barry Goldwater, former U.S. Senator
49. “The evidence that there are objects which have been seen in our atmosphere, and even on terra firma, that cannot be accounted for either as man-made objects or as any physical force previously known to our scientists, is overwhelming.” — General Nathan Twining, former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
50. “There is a serious possibility that we are being visited and have been visited for many years by people from outer space, from other civilizations. This should be the subject of rigorous scientific investigation and not the subject of rubishing by tabloid newspapers.” — Lord Admiral Hill-Norton, former Chief of Defence Staff, UK
Do you think there are UFOs out there?
Have you ever seen a UFO?
Has someone you trust had a strange encounter?
Do you think they exist in the sense that they are from another planet or galaxy?
Share your thoughts with us in the comment section below and any other UFO quote you like!
Please click the share button if this article helped you learn something new, offered a unique perspective, got your imagination flowing, or entertained you!