I was looking all over the internet for business motivational quotes and I couldn’t find any…so this post came to life!
As you know, starting a business is not easy and being successful is even more difficult.
Many of us have dreams of business, entrepreneurship and financial freedom but the road to get there can be arduous, and will surely test every part of you.
Still, it’s a journey worth taking and a goal worth fighting for.
We only live once, and if you’re up for it…let’s see what you’re capable of in the business world.
Here are some common yet necessary questions you must ask yourself at the start of your business journey:
Why is a business so important to you in the first place?
What need can you meet?
What are you already really good at?
What excites you?
What does the world need more of?
To inspire you towards achieving your own success, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and thought-provoking business motivational quotes, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
We hope you enjoy these motivational business quotes that can serve as daily mantras for perseverance, vision and faith!
For more inspiration, don’t forget to also read our collection of quotes about marketing to boost your business.
Business motivational quotes to inspire success
1. “It is difficult, but not impossible, to conduct strictly honest business.” – Mahatma Gandhi
2. “Carpe per diem – seize the check.” – Robin Williams
3. “See things in the present, even if they are in the future.” — Larry Ellison, co-founder of Oracle
5. “You don’t need to have a 100-person company to develop that idea.” — Larry Page, co-founder of Google
6. “There’s no shortage of remarkable ideas, what’s missing is the will to execute them.” – Seth Godin
7. “My own business always bores me to death; I prefer other people’s.” – Oscar Wilde
8. “Ideas are commodity. Execution of them is not.” — Michael Dell
Motivational business quotes to help you think big and execute bigger!
9. “In the end, a vision without the ability to execute it is probably a hallucination.” — Steve Case, co-founder of AOL
10. “Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” – Zig Ziglar
11. “Business is never so healthy as when, like a chicken, it must do a certain amount of scratching around for what it gets.” – Henry Ford
12. “Simple, genuine goodness is the best capital to found the business of this life upon. It lasts when fame and money fail and is the only riches we can take out of this world with us.”― Louisa May Alcott
13. “For every sale you miss because you’re too enthusiastic, you will miss a hundred because you’re not enthusiastic enough.” – Zig Ziglar
Also, check out these powerful sales quotes for landing your next big sale.
Business motivational quotes you should know
14. “And while the law of competition may be sometimes hard for the individual, it is best for the race, because it ensures the survival of the fittest in every department.” – Andrew Carnegie
15. “Good business leaders create a vision, articulate the vision, passionately own the vision, and relentlessly drive it to completion.” – Jack Welch
16. “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of Henry Ford quotes from one of America’s greatest pioneers.
17. “Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy.” – Norman Schwarzkopf
18. “Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision.” – Peter F. Drucker
19. “A person who is quietly confident makes the best leader.” — Fred Wilson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of quotes by famous people to hear ideas from some of pop cultures current stars.
Motivational business quotes for entrepreneurs
20. “If you don’t drive your business, you will be driven out of business.” – B. C. Forbes
21. “Talent can be hired, money has to be earned. ” – Vishnu
22. “To succeed in business it is necessary to make others see things as you see them.” – John H. Patterson
23. “Risk more than others think is safe. Dream more than others think is practical.” — Howard Schultz, CEO of Starbucks
24. “Executive ability is deciding quickly and getting somebody else to do the work.” – Earl Nightingale
25. “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.” – Steve Jobs
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of innovation quotes that will inspire you to find new successes by trying new things.
Business motivational quotes to inspire you
26. “Out of your vulnerabilities will come your strength.” – Sigmund Freud
27. “Every problem is a gift — without problems we would not grow.” – Anthony Robbins
28. “The essence of a successful business is really quite simple. It is your ability to offer a product or service that people will pay for at a price sufficiently above your costs, ideally three or four or five times your cost, thereby giving you a profit that enables you to buy and to offer more products and services.” ― Brian Tracy
Business motivational quotes to inspire your next idea
29. “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” – T.S. Eliot
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of motivational quotes for employees about the power of a great team.
30. “Good brands reflect the histories of the time and the group of people that made them. They can not be copied. They can not be recycled.” ― Richard Branson
31. “It’s very easy to be different but very difficult to be better.” – Jonathan Ive
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Grant Cardone quotes from his books and presentations.
Business motivational quotes to boost you
32. “The only way you are going to have success is to have lots of failures first.” – Sergey Brin
33. “Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision.” ― Peter F. Drucker
Business motivational quotes that will aid you today
34. “If you can dream it, you can do it.” — Walt Disney
35. “Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming.” – Richard Branson
36. “Failure defeats losers, failure inspires winners.” – Robert T. Kiyosaki
37. “Every problem is a gift—without problems, we would not grow.” – Anthony Robbins
38. “Creative without strategy is called art. Creative with strategy is called advertising.” – Jeff I. Richards
39. “You only have to do a few things right in your life so long as you don’t do too many things wrong.” – Warren Buffett
40. “Good ideas come from bad ideas, but only if there are enough of them.” – Seth Godin
41. “And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” – Anaïs Nin
42. “If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late.” — Reid Hoffman, co-founder of LinkedIn
43. “I don’t know the word ‘quit.’ Either I never did, or I have abolished it.” – Susan Butcher
44. “Make every detail perfect and limit the number of details to perfect.” — Jack Dorsey
Don’t forget to also read out the handpicked collection of Monday motivation quotes to start your week off on the right track.
Business motivational quotes to make your workday
45. “Always deliver more than expected.” — Larry Page, co-founder of Google
46. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” — Bill Gates
47. “The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.”— Colin R. Davis
48. “Stop chasing the money and start chasing the passion.”— Tony Hsieh
49. “Be undeniably good. No marketing effort or social media buzzword can be a substitute for that.” — Anthony Volodkin, founder of Hype Machine
50. “Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” — Golda Meir
51. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” – John D. Rockefeller
52. “Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning.”— Robert Kiyosaki
53. “The value of an idea lies in the using of it.” — Thomas Edison
54. “Outstanding people have one thing in common: An absolute sense of mission.” – Zig Ziglar
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check out these achievement quotes to motivate you for massive success.
More business motivational quotes and sayings
55. “If you can dream it, then you can achieve it. You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want.” – Zig Ziglar
56. “You become what you think about.” – Napoleon Hill
57. “Where we fall are the stepping-stones for our journey.” – Lolly Daskal
58. “Success seems to be connected to action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
59. “A business becomes successful when it becomes mutually beneficial for you and your customers.” – Pooja Agnihotri
60. “The beauty of the business is, you don’t need to think about the eligibility.” – Zahirul M Islam
61. “The continuation of success depends on greediness, patience, and dissatisfaction.” – Dhirendra Pandey
62. “Great experience is made up of challenges.” – Aniekee Tochukwu Ezekiel
63. “If everything is a priority, nothing is.” – Yuri van der Sluis
64. “The purpose of business is to create and keep a customer.” – Peter Drucker
Thought-provoking business motivational quotes
65. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell
66. “In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins: cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later.” – Harold S. Geneen
67. “Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless.” – Thomas A. Edison
68. “An organization’s ability to learn, and translate that learning into action rapidly, is the ultimate competitive advantage.” – Jack Welch
69. “A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business.” – Henry Ford
70. “Failure doesn’t mean you are a failure it just means you haven’t succeeded yet.” – Robert H. Schuller
71. “It’s easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.” – Tom Brokaw
72. “All lasting business is built on friendship.” – Alfred A. Montapert
73. “Start with good people, lay out the rules, communicate with your employees, motivate them and reward them. If you do all those things effectively, you can’t miss.” – Lee Iacocca
74. “Word of mouth is the best medium of all.” – William Bernbach
75. “Great companies are built on great products.” – Elon Musk
Encouraging business motivational quotes
76. “Wonder what your customer really wants? Ask. Don’t tell.” – Lisa Stone
77. “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.” – Scott Belsky
78. “There’s nothing wrong with staying small. You can do big things with a small team.” – Jason Fried
79. “Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it happen.” – Wayne Huizenga
80. “Don’t play games that you don’t understand, even if you see lots of other people making money from them.” – Tony Hsieh
81. “It’s more effective to do something valuable than to hope a logo or name will say it for you.” – Jason Cohen
82. “Don’t worry about funding if you don’t need it. Today it’s cheaper to start a business than ever.” – Noah Everett
83. – “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team.” – Reid Hoffman
84. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
85. “Someday is not a day of the week.” – Janet Dailey
86. “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
Business motivational quotes that may surprise you
87. “There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.” -Sam Walton
88. “If you’re trying to create a company, it’s like baking a cake. You have to have all the ingredients in the right proportion.” -Elon Musk
89. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” -Dale Carnegie
90. “The entrepreneur always searches for change, responds to it, and exploits it as an opportunity.” -Peter Drucker
91. “A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well.” -Jeff Bezos
92. “Details create the big picture.” -Sanford I. Weill
93. “A company is only as good as the people it keeps.” -Mary Kay Ash
94. “One of the tests of leadership is the ability to recognize a problem before it becomes an emergency.” -Arnold H. Glasgow
95. “An organization, no matter how well designed, is only as good as the people who live and work in it.” -Dee Hock
96. “Profit in business comes from repeat customers, customers that boast about your project or service, and that bring friends with them.” -W. Edwards Deming
Business Motivational Quotes To Be Keen On
97. “An entrepreneur is someone who has a vision for something and a want to create.” — David Karp
98. “Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success.” — Biz Stone
99. “Fortunes are built during the down market and collected in the upmarket.” — Jason Calacanis
100. “All humans are entrepreneurs not because they should start companies but because the will to create is encoded in human DNA.” — Reid Hoffman
101. “No more romanticizing about how cool it is to be an entrepreneur. It’s a struggle to save your company’s life – and your own skin – every day of the week.” — Spencer Fry
102. “Every day that we spent not improving our products was a wasted day.” — Joel Spolsky
103. “Anything that is measured and watched, improves.” — Bob Parsons
104. “Stay self-funded as long as possible.” — Garrett Camp
105. “Get a mentor in the applicable field if you’re at all unsure of what you’re looking for.” — Kyle Bragger
106. “Best startups generally come from somebody needing to scratch an itch.” — Michael Arrington
Business Motivational Quotes To Ignite Your Spirits
107. “Don’t sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them.” — Madam C.J. Walker
108. “If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.” — Dhirubhai Ambani
109. “You have to be burning with an idea, or a problem, or a wrong that you want to right. If you’re not passionate enough from the start, you’ll never stick it out.” — Steve Jobs
110. “Dreams do not come true just because you dream them. It’s hard work that makes things happen. It’s hard work that creates change.” — Shonda Rhimes
111. “Do what you love and success will follow. Passion is the fuel behind a successful career.” — Meg Whitman
112. “Don’t worry about failure. You only have to be right once.” — Drew Houston
113. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” — Walt Disney
114. “Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.” — Henry Ford
115. “Don’t ever make decisions based on fear. Make decisions based on hope and possibility. Make decisions based on what should happen, not what shouldn’t.” — Michelle Obama
116. “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does – that makes you a winner right there.” — Venus Williams
Make sure to also check out these motivational quotes of the day for daily rejuvenation.
Business Motivational Quotes To Motivate Hard Work
117. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” — Nelson Mandela
118. “If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” — Jim Rohn
119. “Nothing works better than just improving your product.” — Joel Spolsky
120. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” — Joshua J. Marine
121. “When you find an idea that you just can’t stop thinking about, that’s probably a good one to pursue.” — Josh James
122. “There is no substitute for hard work.” — Thomas Edison
123. “Get big quietly, so you don’t tip off potential competitors.” — Chris Dixon
124. “No great achiever – even those who made it seem easy – ever succeeded without hard work.” — Jonathan Sacks
125. “If you define yourself by how you differ from the competition, you’re probably in trouble.” — Omar Hamoui
126. “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” — Herman Melville
Which of these business motivational quotes was your favorite?
There’s nothing more refreshing than reading inspirational quotes from business leaders to help you keep moving forward.
We hope the motivational business quotes above will help you think big and execute bigger!
Remember, everyone must start somewhere, and the hardest part is commitment.
But in the end, once success is achieved, you’ll be overjoyed that you committed to yourself and your dream to succeed.
Did you enjoy these business motivational quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.
September 26, 2022 5:00 AM EST