Our latest collection of integrity quotes that will inspire you to have a moral compass that doesn’t waver.
Integrity can be described as “the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles, or moral uprightness.”
It is the inner sense of being complete that comes from attributes like honesty and consistency of character. When one has integrity, their actions are in sync with the values, beliefs, and principles they claim to hold.
As these integrity quotes will show, it is one of the most important qualities you can nurture that will enhance every aspect of your life. Without integrity, it’s almost impossible to have a successful and happy life.
Although integrity is a vital aspect of societies and cultures, it is also one of the most misunderstood and misused words. We hear the word “integrity” almost daily but not many people take the time to think about it.
No one is born with integrity – or without it. It’s a behavior-based virtue that anyone can develop over time. You can choose to show more integrity in your life by following your moral or ethical convictions and doing the right thing in all circumstances.
To inspire you to have a moral compass that doesn’t waver, here are some inspirational, wise, and powerful integrity quotes, integrity sayings, and integrity proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to also read our collection of character quotes as well as these quotes about honesty that will help appreciate the value of being truthful.
Integrity quotes on leading by example all the time
1. “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.” – Bob Marley (see more quotes by Bob Marley)
2. “Integrity is the essence of everything successful.” – R. Buckminster Fuller
3. “If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don’t have integrity, nothing else matters.” – Harvey Mackay
4. “It is true that integrity alone won’t make you a leader, but without integrity, you will never be one.” – Zig Ziglar
5. “There is no higher value in our society than integrity.” – Arlen Specter
6. “Live so that when your children think of fairness, caring, and integrity, they think of you.”— H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
7. “The integrity of men is to be measured by their conduct, not by their professions.”– Junius
8. “Integrity is the most valuable and respected quality of leadership. Always keep your word.” — Brian Tracy
9. “Integrity is the ability to stand by an idea.” ― Ayn Rand
10. “Everyone makes mistakes, but only a person with integrity owns up to them.” — Nicole Guillaume
Integrity quotes to always do the right thing
11. “With integrity, you have nothing to fear, since you have nothing to hide. With integrity, you will do the right thing, so you will have no guilt.” – Zig Ziglar
12. “Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody’s going to know whether you did it or not.” – Oprah Winfrey
13. “Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.” – C.S. Lewis
14. “Have the courage to say no. Have the courage to face the truth. Do the right thing because it is right. These are the magic keys to living your life with integrity.” – W. Clement Stone
15. “Honor your commitments with integrity.” – Les Brown
16. “In the end you should always do the right thing even if it’s hard.” ― Nicholas Sparks
17. “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” ― Marcus Aurelius
18. “Integrity is doing the right thing when nobody’s watching, and doing as you say you would do.” ― Roy T. Bennett
19. “A single lie destroys a whole reputation of integrity.” — Baltasar Gracian
20. “Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people.” ― Spencer Johnson
Integrity quotes to become the perfect role model
21. “The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
22. “Integrity is making sure that the things you say and the things you do are in alignment.”- Katrina Mayer
23. “People of integrity and honesty not only practice what they preach, they are what they preach.”— David A. Bednar
24. “If you value your integrity, then be prepared to take a beating from those who have none.” — Lars Lau Thygesen
25. “The supreme quality for leadership is integrity.” — Dwight D. Eisenhower
26. “If we believe a thing to be bad, and if we have a right to prevent it, it is our duty to try to prevent it and damn the consequences.”— Lord Milner
27. “It takes less time to do a thing right than to explain why you did it wrong.”— Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
28. “Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.”— Mark Twain
29. “Develop your character so that you are a person of integrity.” – Peter Cain
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of character quotes about the power of integrity.
30. “Never do anything that you can’t admit doing because if you are that ashamed of whatever it is, it’s probably wrong.” ― Ashly Lorenzana
Integrity quotes to remind of the importance of this virtue
31. “We learned about honesty and integrity – that the truth matters… that you don’t take shortcuts or play by your own set of rules… and success doesn’t count unless you earn it fair and square.”— Michelle Obama
32. “A life lived with integrity – even if it lacks the trappings of fame and fortune is a shining star in whose light others may follow in the years to come.”— Denis Waitley
33. “Subtlety may deceive you; integrity never will.”— Oliver Cromwell
34. “Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
35. “Image is what people think we are; integrity is what we really are.” — John C Maxwell
36. “Sometimes the cost of integrity is the loss of a friend.” — Jack McDevitt
37. “Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful.”— Samuel Johnson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of knowledge quotes for those who love learning.
38. “Supporting the truth, even when it is unpopular, shows the capacity for honesty and integrity.” – Steve Brunkhorst
39. “Integrity is your destiny-it is the light that guides your way.” – Plato
40. “There can be no friendship without confidence and no confidence without integrity.” ― Samuel Johnson
Integrity quotes that will change the way you think
41. “The strength of a nation derives from the integrity of the home.” – Confucius
42. “Any nation that does not emphasize integrity will always fail.” – Yemi Osinbajo
43. “If you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything.” ― Gordon A. Eadie
44. “One of the truest tests of integrity is its blunt refusal to be compromised.”— Chinua Achebe
45. “Six essential qualities that are the key to success: Sincerity, personal integrity, humility, courtesy, wisdom, charity.” – Dr. William Menninger
46. “The glue that holds all relationships together … is trust, and trust is based on integrity.” – Brian Tracy
47. “The time is always right to do what is right.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
48. “Lead your life so you wouldn’t be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ” ― Will Rogers
49. “Make living your life with absolute integrity and kindness your first priority.” – Richard Carlson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of priority quotes that will help you clarify what’s important to you in your life.
50. “If everyone were clothed with integrity, if every heart were just, frank, kindly, the other virtues would be well-nigh useless.” – Moliere
Integrity quotes that will challenge your perspective
51. “When you stop living your life based on what others think of you real life begins. At that moment, you will finally see the door of self-acceptance opened.”― Shannon L. Alder
52. “Integrity has no need of rules.” – Albert Camus
53. “Integrity means always doing what is right and good, regardless of the immediate consequences.” – Joseph B. Wirthlin
54. “A little integrity is better than any career.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
55. “One person of integrity can make a difference.” – Elie Wiesel
56. “Integrity is not a conditional word. It doesn’t blow in the wind or change with the weather.” – John D. MacDonald
57. “Remember that what’s right isn’t always popular, and what’s popular isn’t always right.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
58. “Living with integrity means… behaving in ways that are in harmony with your personal values.” – Barbara De Angelis
59. “Anyone who doesn’t take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either.” – Albert Einstein
60. “Stand for something. Don’t quest for popularity at the expense of morality and ethics and honesty.” – Howard Cosell
More integrity quotes and sayings
61. “Integrity is congruence between what you know, what you profess, and what you do.” – Nathaniel Branden
62. “There is no such thing as a minor lapse of integrity.” – Tom Peters
63. “Living a life of integrity is one of the greatest missions we can undertake.” – Greg Anderson
64. “Integrity is discovering what’s inside and acting on it.” – Maxime Lagacé
65. “Integrity is when you no longer need to please others.” – Maxime Lagacé
66. “People with integrity expect to be believed. If not, they let time prove them right.” – Ann Landers
67. “Integrity is the thing that binds together all that is good within us as a means of overcoming all that is bad around us.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
68. “Integrity is the only path where you will never get lost.” – Mike Maples Jr.
69. “Integrity is your attitude when no one is watching. Character is what you do when you are not watching.” – Paul Bamikole
Which are your favorite integrity quotes?
Integrity is one of the most vital qualities we need that can improve every part of our lives. We need integrity if we want to have a successful and fulfilling life.
Having integrity means your words and thoughts are consistent with your actions and deeds. Hopefully, these integrity quotes have inspired you to be totally honest and truthful in every part of your life.
Did you enjoy these integrity quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Tell us in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it.
March 31, 2021 6:00 AM EST