Having integrity is one of the most important things in a world that seems to lack it.
Share your thoughts on these quotes in the comments below.
Integrity can be described as “the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles, or moral uprightness.”
It is the inner sense of being complete that comes from attributes like honesty and consistency of character.
You may also enjoy our article on:
When one has integrity, their actions are in sync with the values, beliefs, and principles they claim to hold.
As these integrity quotes will show, it is one of the most important qualities you can nurture that will enhance every aspect of your life.
Without integrity, it’s almost impossible to have a successful and happy life.
Although integrity is a vital aspect of societies and cultures, it is also one of the most misunderstood and misused words.
We hear the word “integrity” almost daily but not many people take the time to think about it.
No one is born with integrity – or without it.
It’s a behavior-based virtue that anyone can develop over time.
You can choose to show more integrity in your life by following your moral or ethical convictions and doing the right thing in all circumstances.
To inspire you to have a moral compass that doesn’t waver, here are some inspirational, wise, and powerful integrity quotes, integrity sayings, and integrity proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Don’t forget to also read our collection of character quotes as well as these quotes about honesty that will help appreciate the value of being truthful.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
Integrity quotes on leading by example all the time
1. “Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.” – C.S. Lewis
You will also enjoy our article on quality quotes.
2. “Honor your commitments with integrity.” – Les Brown
You will also enjoy our article on honesty quotes.
3. “Integrity is the essence of everything successful.” – R. Buckminster Fuller
You will also enjoy our article on consistency quotes.
4. “If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don’t have integrity, nothing else matters.” – Harvey Mackay
You will also enjoy our article on plato quotes.
5. “There is no higher value in our society than integrity.” – Arlen Specter
You will also enjoy our article on role model quotes.
6. “Live so that when your children think of fairness, caring, and integrity, they think of you.”— H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
You will also enjoy our article on accountability quotes.
7. “The integrity of men is to be measured by their conduct, not by their professions.”– Junius
You will also enjoy our article on commitment quotes.
8. “Integrity is the most valuable and respected quality of leadership. Always keep your word.” — Brian Tracy
You will also enjoy our article on discipline quotes.
9. “Integrity is the ability to stand by an idea.” ― Ayn Rand
You will also enjoy our article on self respect quotes.
10. “Everyone makes mistakes, but only a person with integrity owns up to them.” — Nicole Guillaume
You will also enjoy our article on lawyer quotes.
Integrity quotes to always do the right thing
11. “With integrity, you have nothing to fear, since you have nothing to hide. With integrity, you will do the right thing, so you will have no guilt.” – Zig Ziglar
You will also enjoy our article on spencer johnson quotes.
12. “Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody’s going to know whether you did it or not.” – Oprah Winfrey
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about voting and democracy.
13. “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.” – Bob Marley (see more quotes by Bob Marley)
You will also enjoy our article on diversity unity quotes.
14. “Have the courage to say no. Have the courage to face the truth. Do the right thing because it is right. These are the magic keys to living your life with integrity.” – W. Clement Stone
You will also enjoy our article on founding fathers quotes.
15. “It is true that integrity alone won’t make you a leader, but without integrity, you will never be one.” – Zig Ziglar
16. “In the end you should always do the right thing even if it’s hard.” ― Nicholas Sparks
17. “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” ― Marcus Aurelius
18. “Integrity is doing the right thing when nobody’s watching, and doing as you say you would do.” ― Roy T. Bennett
19. “A single lie destroys a whole reputation of integrity.” — Baltasar Gracian
20. “Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people.” ― Spencer Johnson
Integrity quotes to become the perfect role model
21. “The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
22. “Integrity is making sure that the things you say and the things you do are in alignment.”- Katrina Mayer
23. “People of integrity and honesty not only practice what they preach, they are what they preach.”— David A. Bednar
24. “If you value your integrity, then be prepared to take a beating from those who have none.” — Lars Lau Thygesen
25. “The supreme quality for leadership is integrity.” — Dwight D. Eisenhower
26. “If we believe a thing to be bad, and if we have a right to prevent it, it is our duty to try to prevent it and damn the consequences.”— Lord Milner
27. “It takes less time to do a thing right than to explain why you did it wrong.”— Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
28. “Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.”— Mark Twain
29. “Develop your character so that you are a person of integrity.” – Peter Cain
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of character quotes about the power of integrity.
30. “Never do anything that you can’t admit doing because if you are that ashamed of whatever it is, it’s probably wrong.” ― Ashly Lorenzana
Integrity quotes to remind of the importance of this virtue
31. “We learned about honesty and integrity – that the truth matters… that you don’t take shortcuts or play by your own set of rules… and success doesn’t count unless you earn it fair and square.”— Michelle Obama
32. “A life lived with integrity – even if it lacks the trappings of fame and fortune is a shining star in whose light others may follow in the years to come.”— Denis Waitley
33. “Subtlety may deceive you; integrity never will.”— Oliver Cromwell
34. “Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
35. “Image is what people think we are; integrity is what we really are.” — John C Maxwell
36. “Sometimes the cost of integrity is the loss of a friend.” — Jack McDevitt
37. “Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful.”— Samuel Johnson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of knowledge quotes for those who love learning.
38. “Supporting the truth, even when it is unpopular, shows the capacity for honesty and integrity.” – Steve Brunkhorst
39. “Integrity is your destiny-it is the light that guides your way.” – Plato
40. “There can be no friendship without confidence and no confidence without integrity.” ― Samuel Johnson
Integrity quotes that will change the way you think
41. “The strength of a nation derives from the integrity of the home.” – Confucius
42. “Any nation that does not emphasize integrity will always fail.” – Yemi Osinbajo
43. “If you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything.” ― Gordon A. Eadie
44. “One of the truest tests of integrity is its blunt refusal to be compromised.”— Chinua Achebe
45. “Six essential qualities that are the key to success: Sincerity, personal integrity, humility, courtesy, wisdom, charity.” – Dr. William Menninger
46. “The glue that holds all relationships together … is trust, and trust is based on integrity.” – Brian Tracy
47. “The time is always right to do what is right.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
48. “Lead your life so you wouldn’t be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ” ― Will Rogers
49. “Make living your life with absolute integrity and kindness your first priority.” – Richard Carlson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of priority quotes that will help you clarify what’s important to you in your life.
50. “If everyone were clothed with integrity, if every heart were just, frank, kindly, the other virtues would be well-nigh useless.” – Moliere
Integrity quotes that will challenge your perspective
51. “When you stop living your life based on what others think of you real life begins. At that moment, you will finally see the door of self-acceptance opened.”― Shannon L. Alder
52. “Integrity has no need of rules.” – Albert Camus
53. “Integrity means always doing what is right and good, regardless of the immediate consequences.” – Joseph B. Wirthlin
54. “A little integrity is better than any career.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
55. “One person of integrity can make a difference.” – Elie Wiesel
56. “Integrity is not a conditional word. It doesn’t blow in the wind or change with the weather.” – John D. MacDonald
57. “Remember that what’s right isn’t always popular, and what’s popular isn’t always right.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
58. “Living with integrity means… behaving in ways that are in harmony with your personal values.” – Barbara De Angelis
59. “Anyone who doesn’t take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either.” – Albert Einstein
60. “Stand for something. Don’t quest for popularity at the expense of morality and ethics and honesty.” – Howard Cosell
More integrity quotes and sayings
61. “Integrity is congruence between what you know, what you profess, and what you do.” – Nathaniel Branden
62. “There is no such thing as a minor lapse of integrity.” – Tom Peters
63. “Living a life of integrity is one of the greatest missions we can undertake.” – Greg Anderson
64. “Integrity is discovering what’s inside and acting on it.” – Maxime Lagacé
65. “Integrity is when you no longer need to please others.” – Maxime Lagacé
66. “People with integrity expect to be believed. If not, they let time prove them right.” – Ann Landers
67. “Integrity is the thing that binds together all that is good within us as a means of overcoming all that is bad around us.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
68. “Integrity is the only path where you will never get lost.” – Mike Maples Jr.
69. “Integrity is your attitude when no one is watching. Character is what you do when you are not watching.” – Paul Bamikole
Integrity quotes for leaders
70. “People may doubt what you say, but they will believe what you do.” – Lewis Cass
71. “Consistency is the true foundation of trust. Either keep your promises or do not make them.” – Roy T. Bennett
72. “People follow leaders by choice. Without trust, at best you get compliance.” – Jesse Lyn Stoner
73. “Don’t worry so much about your self-esteem. Worry more about your character. Integiry is its own reward.” – Laura Schlessinger
74. “Don’t ever promise more than you can deliver, but always deliver more than you promise.” – Lou Holtz
75. “If you can maintain your standards and your integrity and you fail, it’s OK. It’s when you sell out and you fail that you feel pretty sick inside.” – Bonnie Hunt
76. “Nothing more completely baffles one who is full of trick and duplicity, than straightforward and simple integrity in another.” – Charles Caleb Colton
77. “You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do.” – Carl Jung
78. “Confidence in others’ honesty is no light testimony of one’s own integrity.” – Michel de Montaigne
79. “No man knows the value of innocence and integrity but he who has lost them” – William Godwin
Integrity Quotes that will Build Character
80. “Integrity is when what you think and what you say and what you do are one.” – Naval Ravikant
81. “You learn a lot about someone by what they choose to do when no one is watching.” – Shane Parrish
82. “Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.” – Augustine of Hippo
83. “The most precious reputation is the one you have with yourself.” – Johnny Uzan
84. “Living a life of integrity pays off, but it takes a very long time.” – Naval Ravikant
85. “We must not allow ourselves to become like the system we oppose.” – Desmond Tutu
86. “Calamity and prosperity are the touchstones of integrity.” – Benjamin Franklin
87. “You should not lead one life in private and another in public.” – Publilius Syrus
88. “The art of acting morally is behaving as if everything we do matters.” – Gloria Steinem
89. “Saying ‘yes’ or ‘maybe’ when we mean no, cheapens our word, diminishes our sense of self-respect, and compromises our integrity.” – Paulo Coelho
Integrity Quotes To Inspire You Today
90.“Leading with integrity and empathy requires vision and a connection to your deepest self.” ― Karla McLaren
91.“As I have said, the first thing is to be honest with yourself. You can never have an impact on society if you have not changed yourself. Great peacemakers are all people of integrity, of honesty, but humility.” ― Nelson Mandela
92. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” ― Martin Luther King, Jr
93. “When you are able to maintain your own highest standards of integrity – regardless of what others may do – you are destined for greatness.” ― Napoleon Hill
94. Integrity gives you real freedom because you have nothing to fear since you have nothing to hide.” ― Zig Ziglar
95. “You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
96. “Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.” ― Stevie Wonder
97. “Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.” ― Albert Einstein
98. “ It takes courage to create a meaningful life of integrity. It also requires good company. And practice.” ― Shelley Francis
99. “Openness, respect, integrity – these are principles that need to underpin pretty much every other decision that you make.” ― Justin Trudeau
Integrity Quotes That Make You Responsible
- “Integrity simply means not violating one’s own identity.” ― Erich Fromm
- “If you believe in unlimited quality and act in all your business dealings with total integrity, the rest will take care of itself.” ― Frank Perdue
- “You are already of consequence in the world if you are known as a man of strict integrity.” ― Grenville Kleiser
- “It’s all about humanity, humility, and integrity.” ― Debra Wilson
- “Writing is my refuge. It’s where I go. It’s where I find that integrity I have.” ― Charles Bartlett Johnson
- “A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise.” ― Aldo Leopold
- “The most important thing in business is honesty, integrity, hard work familynever forgetting where we came from.” ― Frank Lucas
- “We cannot restore integrity and morality to our society until each of us-singly and individually-takes responsibility for our actions.” ― Harry Emerson Fosdick
- “Integrity is the light that shines from a disciplined conscience.” ― James E. Faust
- “True heros are made of hard work and integrity.” ― Hope Solo
Integrity Quotes to Shape Your Character
- “Integrity is the quality that sets people apart. It is not something that can be easily acquired, but must be developed over time through honesty, trust, and consistency.” ― Brian Tracy
- “A man is born with a character like a tree with its roots, and it is integrity alone that can keep the tree upright when all its branches have been broken.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
- “Integrity is not just a virtue, but the foundation of all virtues.” ― C.S. Lewis
- “Integrity is the foundation of character. It gives us the courage to do what is right.” ― Zig Ziglar
- “Integrity is the glue that binds trust, and the lack of integrity is the main reason for the breakdown of trust.” ― Stephen Covey
- “Integrity is the cornerstone of leadership.” ― John C. Maxwell
- “Integrity is the courage to stand by an idea.” ― Ayn Rand
- “Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is watching.” ― C.S. Lewis
- “Integrity is the foundation upon which meaningful success can be built.” ― Zig Ziglar
- “The greatest gift you can give someone is your honesty and integrity.” ― Bob Proctor
Which are your favorite integrity quotes?
Integrity is one of the most vital qualities we need that can improve every part of our lives.
We need integrity if we want to have a successful and fulfilling life.
Having integrity means your words and thoughts are consistent with your actions and deeds.
Hopefully, these integrity quotes have inspired you to be totally honest and truthful in every part of your life.
Did you enjoy these integrity quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.