These attitude quotes will set you up for success and inspire you to take on life with a positive outlook.
We all know it – life can be hard sometimes.
When you’ve had a tough day, it can be easy to fall into a foul mood and stay there until morning.
You may also enjoy our article on:
Life is a real wild card.
You never know what the universe is going to drag onto your doorstep.
But there is always at least one thing you can control – your attitude.
Can your attitude use a pep talk?
Having an optimistic outlook doesn’t mean you have to always be happy.
And probably not healthy.
But having a great attitude means that you take life for what it has to offer and look on the bright side.
It is knowing that when you face a difficult challenge, you probably had to face it for a reason.
It’s looking at life’s obstacles not as rocks blocking your path, but as stepping stones to success.
Below is our collection of attitude quotes and sayings to inspire you to work hard and stay positive.
Also read these memory quotes that will motivate you to create new and wonderful memories every day.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Look through our complete collection of inspirational quotes here.
Attitude quotes to inspire you to remain optimistic
1. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou
You will also enjoy our article on comeback quotes.
2. “It is good people who make good places.” – Anna Sewell
You will also enjoy our article on positive thinking quotes.
3. “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” – Oscar Wilde
4. “The most important decision you make is to be in a good mood.” – Voltaire
5. “We lost because we told ourselves we lost.” – Leo Tolstoy
6. “You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind.” – Joyce Meyer
7. “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.” – Helen Keller
You will also enjoy our article on Monday motivation quotes.
8. “Your problem isn’t the problem, it’s your attitude about the problem.” – Ann Brashares
You will also enjoy our article on motivational quotes for kids.
9. “It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters.” – Epictetus
You will also enjoy our article on motivational sports quotes.
10. “Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.” – John Wooden
Check out our collection of bad attitude quotes if you enjoy this article.
Attitude quotes that give perspective
11. “The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
12. “I don’t like that man. I must get to know him better.” – Abraham Lincoln
You will also enjoy our article on Austin Powers quotes.
13. “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” – Stephen Covey
14. “An optimist is the human personification of spring.” – Susan J. Bissonette
15. “Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.” – John C. Maxwell
16. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
17. “If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
18. “Every wall is a door.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
19. “Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, surrounded by assholes.” – Sigmund Freud
20. “If you don’t get everything you want, think of the things you don’t get that you don’t want.” – Oscar Wilde
Also read these insightful Law of Attraction quotes that will elevate your mindset.
Attitude quotes that are words to live by
21. “Never whine, never complain, never try to justify yourself.” – Robert Greene
22. “You really can change the world if you care enough.” – Marian Wright Edelman
23. “What they call you is one thing. What you answer to is something else.” – Lucille Clifton
24. “Two things define you: your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything.” – George Bernard Shaw
25. “Attitude is everything, so pick a good one.” – Wayne Dyer
26. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
27. “Pessimism never won any battle.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
28. “Every day brings new choices.” – Martha Beck
29. “Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.” – Carol Burnett
30. “Take the attitude of a student, never be too big to ask questions, never know too much to learn something new.” – Og Mandino
Don’t forget to also read these mindset quotes that will set you up for success.
Attitude quotes for success
31. “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.” – Oprah Winfrey
32. “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing.” – Abraham Lincoln
33. “I’m a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.” – Thomas Jefferson
34. “If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading.” – Lao Tzu
35. “Your aspirations are your possibilities.” – Samuel Johnson
36. “Only you can control your future.” – Dr. Seuss
37. “You become what you think about.” – Napoleon Hill
38. “Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” – Farrah Gray
39. “The greatest revolution of our generation is the discovery that human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives.” – William James
40. “Change your thoughts and you change your world.” – Norman Vincent Peale
41. “There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.” – William Shakespeare
You might also like these positive pursuit of happiness quotes that will make you smile.
Other Inspirational Attitude quotes
42. “Whatever happens, take responsibility.” – Tony Robbins
43. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
44. “A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough.” – Bruce Lee
45. “The most effective attitude to adopt is one of supreme acceptance.” – Robert Greene
46. “When you can’t change the direction of the wind — adjust your sails.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr
47. “You must be the change you want to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
48. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas A. Edison
49. “Responsibility is the great developer of men.” – Mary Parker Follett
50. “Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Bruce Lee quotes from the iconic actor and fighter.
Insightful attitude quotes to learn and live by
51. “We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
52. “Happiness depends on your mindset and attitude.” ― Roy T. Bennett
53. “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” ― Winston S. Churchill
54. “Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” ― Lou Holtz
55. “Life is 10 percent what you make it and 90 percent how you take it.” ― Irving Berlin
56. “People may hear your words, but they feel your attitude.” ― John C. Maxwell
57. “We cannot change our past. We can not change the fact that people act in a certain way. We can not change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude.” ― Charles R. Swindoll
58. “Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.” ― Albert Einstein
59. “A positive attitude can really make dreams come true – it did for me.” ― David Bailey
60. “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” ― Walter Scott
Attitude Quotes To Give You Positive Mindset
61. “Our attitude towards life determines life’s attitude towards us.” ― Earl Nightingale
62. “Attitude determines the altitude of life.” ― Edwin Louis Cole
63. “Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.” ― Napoleon Hill
64. “The ideal attitude is to be physically loose and mentally tight.” ― Arthur Ashe
65. “Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude.” ― Ralph Marston
66. “The world belongs to those who set out to conquer it armed with self-confidence and good humor.” ― Charles Dickens
67. “A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes.” ― Hugh Downs
68. “I don’t think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains.” ― Anne Frank
69. “Attitude will always define who we are in life.” ― Mark A. Brennan
70. “Your attitude is more important than your capabilities. Similarly, your decision is more important than your capabilities.” ― Jack Ma
Attitude Quotes To Change Your Perspective
71. “Your attitude will determine your success in life. You are the one who decides what type of attitude you have, it is your choice!” — Catherine Pulsifer
72. “Everything is in your mind. Your ability to succeed, to fail, to win, to lose is just a matter of attitude.” — Scott Oteri
73. “A great attitude to have in life is to learn how to be prepared for the worst- but also know how to expect the best in life.” — Dylan J. Cameron
74. “Change your attitude and change your perspective.” — Tammy Bennett
75. “Your attitude towards life influences your happiness, not what happens to you.” — Thibaut Meurisse
76. “Attitude is the difference maker! Attitude isn’t everything, but it is one thing that can make a difference in your life.” — John C. Maxwell
77. “The only difference between a good day and a bad day is your attitude.” — John P. Hunter III
78. “If we choose a positive, loving attitude that honors all life and embrace the changes as much as possible, things won’t be quite as difficult.” — Richard L. Haight
79. “Your attitude is something that is completely within your control.” — Mark Fritz
80. “People with an attitude of success make a special effort to stay on top of the things that are going on in their field of interest.” — Bob Roth
Attitude Quotes to Shift Your Mindset
81. “The most significant change in a person’s life is a change of attitude. Right attitudes produce right actions.” — William J. Johnston
82. “Our environment, the world in which we live and work, is a mirror of our attitudes and expectations.” — Earl Nightingale
83. “Realize that there are not hopeless situations; there are only people who take hopeless attitudes.” — Norman Vincent Peale
84. “Happiness doesn’t depend on any external conditions, it is governed by our mental attitude.” — Dale Carnegie
85. “Happiness mainly comes from our own attitude, rather than from external factors.” — Dalai Lama
86. “When you pray for anyone you tend to modify your personal attitude toward him.” — Norman Vincent Peale
87. “The remarkable thing is, we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.” — Charles R. Swindoll
88. “You cannot tailor-make the situations in life but you can tailor-make the attitudes to fit those situations.” — Zig Ziglar
89. “Virtually nothing on earth can stop a person with a positive attitude who has his goals clearly in sight.” — Denis Waitley
90. “Your mental attitude attracts to you everything that makes you what you are.” — Napoleon Hill
91. “Shift yourself away from the slippery ground of bad attitudes and you’ll not drift off!” ― Israelmore Ayivor
92. “As opposed to a bad attitude, a good attitude will get you all the things that a bad attitude will not.” ― Barbara Moody-Hamilton
93. “It is your disabled attitude that determines your disability and it is your disability that can or can’t close opportunities in life for you.” ― William Ngwako Maphoto
94. “It’s not work that’s keeping you from being content; it’s your attitude – thinking that work is separate from your personal life, that work is the sole point of life.” ― John Penberthy
95. “If you are not a person with a positive attitude, any negative person may ruin your thought pattern by giving negative remarks.” ― Raaghav Aroraa
96. “No matter what happens in your life, find the good. Your attitude can be either positive or negative. The choice is up to you.” ― Catherine Pulsifer
97. “Simply put, attitude is nothing more than a choice.” ― Rick J. Olson
98. “Idealizing your attitude changes all things of life.” ― Brown Landone
99. “The strength of your attitude is based on the strength of your character.” ― Steve Weston
100. “Generating a new experience of life is a matter of attitude.” ― Don Joseph Goewey
What did you learn from these attitude quotes?
Sometimes the stones life throws at us can really hurt.
But you’ll hurt yourself worse if you stay down in the dumps for too long.
Take on life with a can-do attitude and even when facing your lumps, you know that you will be able to bounce back into action again.
A positive attitude is the key to success.
No matter what’s got you down, know that you are meant to succeed.
And you will.
As long as you work hard and stay positive, nothing can get in your way.
Did these positive attitude quotes boost your spirits?
Which quote was your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.
Explore the profound and contemplative sayings from hip-hop artist J. Cole, whose lyrics provide much wisdom.