These attitude quotes will set you up for success and inspire you to take on life with a positive outlook.
We all know it – life can be hard sometimes. When you’ve had a tough day, it can be easy to fall into a foul mood and stay there until morning. Life is a real wild card. You never know what the universe is going to drag onto your doorstep. But there is always at least one thing you can control – your attitude.
Can your attitude use a pep talk?
Having an optimistic outlook doesn’t mean you have to always be happy. That’s impossible. And probably not healthy. But having a great attitude means that you take life for what it has to offer and look on the bright side. It is knowing that when you face a difficult challenge, you probably had to face it for a reason. It’s looking at life’s obstacles not as rocks blocking your path, but as stepping stones to success.
Below is our collection of attitude quotes and sayings to inspire you to work hard and stay positive.
Also read these memory quotes that will motivate you to create new and wonderful memories every day.
Attitude quotes to inspire you to remain optimistic
1. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou
2. “It is good people who make good places.” – Anna Sewell
3. “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” – Oscar Wilde
4. “The most important decision you make is to be in a good mood.” – Voltaire
5. “An optimist is the human personification of spring.” – Susan J. Bissonette
6. “You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind.” – Joyce Meyer
7. “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.” – Helen Keller
Attitude quotes that give perspective
8. “Your problem isn’t the problem, it’s your attitude about the problem.” – Ann Brashares
9. “It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters.” – Epictetus
10. “Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.” – John Wooden
11. “The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
12. “I don’t like that man. I must get to know him better.” – Abraham Lincoln
13. “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” – Stephen Covey
14. “We lost because we told ourselves we lost.” – Leo Tolstoy
15. “Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.” – John C. Maxwell
16. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
17. “If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
18. “Every wall is a door.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
19. “Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, surrounded by assholes.” – Sigmund Freud
20. “If you don’t get everything you want, think of the things you don’t get that you don’t want.” – Oscar Wilde
Also read these insightful Law of Attraction quotes that will elevate your mindset.
Attitude quotes that are words to live by
21. “Never whine, never complain, never try to justify yourself.” – Robert Greene
22. “You really can change the world if you care enough.” – Marian Wright Edelman
23. “What they call you is one thing. What you answer to is something else.” – Lucille Clifton
24. “Two things define you: your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything.” – George Bernard Shaw
25. “Attitude is everything, so pick a good one.” – Wayne Dyer
26. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
27. “Pessimism never won any battle.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
28. “Every day brings new choices.” – Martha Beck
29. “Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.” – Carol Burnett
30. “Take the attitude of a student, never be too big to ask questions, never know too much to learn something new.” – Og Mandino
Don’t forget to also read these mindset quotes that will set you up for success.
Attitude quotes for success
31. “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.” – Oprah Winfrey
32. “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing.” – Abraham Lincoln
33. “I’m a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.” – Thomas Jefferson
34. “If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading.” – Lao Tzu
35. “Your aspirations are your possibilities.” – Samuel Johnson
36. “Only you can control your future.” – Dr. Seuss
37. “You become what you think about.” – Napoleon Hill
38. “Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” – Farrah Gray
39. “The greatest revolution of our generation is the discovery that human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives.” – William James
40. “Change your thoughts and you change your world.” – Norman Vincent Peale
41. “There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.” – William Shakespeare
You might also like these positive pursuit of happiness quotes that will make you smile.
Other Inspirational Attitude quotes
42. “Whatever happens, take responsibility.” – Tony Robbins
43. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
44. “A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough.” – Bruce Lee
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Bruce Lee quotes from the iconic actor and fighter.
45. “The most effective attitude to adopt is one of supreme acceptance.” – Robert Greene
46. “When you can’t change the direction of the wind — adjust your sails.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr
47. “You must be the change you want to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
48. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas A. Edison
49. “Responsibility is the great developer of men.” – Mary Parker Follett
50. “Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
What did you learn from these attitude quotes?
Sometimes the stones life throws at us can really hurt. But you’ll hurt yourself worse if you stay down in the dumps for too long.
Take on life with a can-do attitude and even when facing your lumps, you know that you will be able to bounce back into action again. A positive attitude is the key to success. No matter what’s got you down, know that you are meant to succeed. And you will. As long as you work hard and stay positive, nothing can get in your way.
Did these positive attitude quotes boost your spirits? Which quote was your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.