Our latest collection of wolf quotes that will make you smarter.
Wolves are one of the most incredible predators on earth. Their zest for life, pack mentality and respect for the natural world is simply admirable.
Wolves are fiercely loyal to their pack and often need to trust their own instincts. We can all learn a thing or two from these magical creatures.
They teach us to trust our minds and hearts and to have control over our lives. Wolves are the ultimate team players, they know that working together benefits the whole pack. Similarly, we must be prepared to work together for the greater good.
Although they live in tough environments, they thrive instead of simply surviving. We humans can learn to be as resourceful as wolves, know our place in society, and be better communicators.
To help you connect with your instincts, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and thought-provoking wolf quotes, wolf sayings, and wolf proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Wolf Quotes, Sayings and Proverbs Celebrating Your Instinct
1. “Where there are sheep, the wolves are never very far away.” – Plautus
2. “I think I’m still a lone wolf, internally. And I always will be.” – Rob Halford
3. “That night the wind was howling almost like a wolf and there were some real wolves off to the west giving it lessons.” – George R.R. Martin
4. “In the calm, deep waters of the mind, the wolf waits.” – F.T. McKinstry
5. “Report makes the wolf bigger than he is.” – German Proverb
6. “Some people aren’t who they say they are, be cautious of the company you keep, wolf in sheep’s clothing.” – Unknown
7. “It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be.” – Virgil
8. “A wolf is no less a wolf because he’s dressed in sheepskin and the devil is no less the devil because he’s dressed as an angel.” – Lecrae
9. “I am not a wolf in sheep’s clothing, I’m a wolf in wolf’s clothing.” – Ricky Gervais
10. “The black wolf’s curse awakes every time that a full moon points in the middle of the sky.” – Pet Torres
Wolf quotes on guardianship, loyalty and spirit
11. “The gaze of the wolf reaches into our soul.” – Barry Lopez
12. “Wolves go after a wounded deer, it is the nature of the beast.” – Barbara Delinsky
13. “Hunger drives the wolf out of the wood.” – German Proverb
14. “We both fell asleep wrapped up together with the wolves still lullaby-ing us in the background.” – April Genevieve Tucholke
15. “Crying wolf is a real danger.” – David Attenborough
16. “The wolf on the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
17. “The Lord God had created all animals, and had chosen out the wolf to be his dog.” – Jacob Grimm
18. “The wolf’s clear, intelligent eyes brushed mine. The wolf is gentle-hearted. Not noble, not cowardly, just non-fighting.” – Lois Crisler
19. “If you live among wolves you have to act like a wolf.” – Nikita Khrushchev
20. “The wolf will never lose sleep, worrying about the feelings of sheep. But no-one ever told the sheep, that they outnumber the wolves.” – Bray Wyatt
Wolf quotes that will make you smarter
21. “Wolves fail to hide their integrity just like the way men fail to hide their own animality.” – Munia Khan
22. “If you run from a wolf, you may run into a bear.” – Lithuanian
23. “Throw me to the wolves & I’ll return leading the pack” ― Unknown
24. “They say the wolf bestows its happy spirit to help people. Women who obtain this spirit become skilled in creative endeavors and experience a strengthening of the senses. I would like to think there is some truth to this in my own life.” – Judi Rideout
25. “When shepherds quarrel, the wolf has a winning game.” – German proverb
26. “The wolves in the uniform with the license to do that.” – Ehsan Sehgal
27. “It is madness for a sheep to talk of peace with a wolf.” – French proverb
28. “Those are the voices of my brothers, darling; I love the company of wolves.” – Angela Carter
29. “A man might befriend a wolf, even break a wolf, but no man could truly tame a wolf.” – George R.R. Martin
Wolf quotes to help you connect with you instincts and intuition
31. “If the wolf would cease his running, the people would cease their shouting.” – German proverb
32. “Careless shepherd make excellent dinner for wolf.” – Earl Derr Biggers
33. “When one runs with the wolves, one must howl with the pack.” – Leon Trotsky
34. “The Canis Lupus, both wolf and man, were meant to be a family with one another. We gain strength through our bond with each other.” – Quinn Loftis
35. “If you live among wolves you have to act like a wolf.” – Nikita Khrushchev
36. “Everybody needs his memories. They keep the wolf of insignificance from the door.” – Saul Bellow
38. “Like crying wolf, if you keep looking for sympathy as a justification for your actions, you will someday be left standing alone when you really need help.” ― Criss Jami
39. “The wolves knew when it was time to stop looking for what they’d lost, to focus instead on what was yet to come.” – Jodi Picoult
40. “Some girls are full of heartache and poetry and those are the kind of girls who try to save wolves instead of running away from them.” ― Nikita Gill
Wolf quotes to help you develop epic teamwork skills
41. “Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.” – James Bovard
42. “When a wolf doesn’t want to do something, they look really cute.” – Michelle Paver
43. “The wolf may fight the bear, but the rabbit always loses.” – Robert Jordan
44. “Man is to man either a god or a wolf.” – Desiderius Erasmus
45. “You know, I’m cursed with morals. I was raised a certain way. I wish I wasn’t. I wish I was raised by wolves.” – Carson Daly
46. “A wolf eats sheep but now and then; Ten thousand are devour’d by men. An open foe may prove a curse, but a pretend friend is worse.” – John Gay
47. “I guess I’m pretty much of a lone wolf. I don’t say I don’t like people at all, but, to tell you the truth, I only like it then if I have a chance to look deep into their hearts and their minds.” – Bela Lugosi
48. “The wolves’ prey upon the lambs in the darkness of the night, but the blood stains remain upon the stones in the valley until the dawn comes, and the sun reveals the crime to all.” – Khalil Gibran
49. “We humans fear the beast within the wolf because we do not understand the beast within ourselves.” –Gerald Hausman
50. “Make yourself a sheep and the wolf will eat you.” –German Proverb
More wolf quotes and sayings
51. “I would control your life, every step you walk, and every word you say; there is no way you can run from an injured wolf.” – M.F. Moonzajer
52. “Wolves, like children, are not born to lead calm lives.” – Katherine Rundell
53. “I’ve done this a thousand times before, watching the crowd like a wolf does a flock of sheep. Looking for the weak, the slow, the foolish. Only now, I am very much the prey.” – Victoria Aveyard
54. “I believe that the wolf can change everything, if he just want to change.” – Deyth Banger
55. “A little wolf is present in every one of us.” – Peter Stamm
56. “The wolf exerts a powerful influence on the human imagination. It takes your stare and turns it back on you.” – Barry Lopez
Which of these wolf quotes was you favorite?
Wolves are a symbol of guardianship, loyalty, and spirit. Their ability to make quick and firm emotional attachments is incredible.
Wolves remind us that everything is so much easier when we share the load. Hopefully the wolf quotes above will inspire you to develop epic teamwork skills.
Did you enjoy these wolf quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.
June 4, 2021 6:00 AM EST