Our latest collection of wolf quotes that will make you smarter.
Wolves are one of the most incredible predators on earth.
Their zest for life, pack mentality and respect for the natural world is simply admirable.
Wolves are fiercely loyal to their pack and often need to trust their own instincts.
We can all learn a thing or two from these magical creatures.
They teach us to trust our minds and hearts and to have control over our lives.
Wolves are the ultimate team players, they know that working together benefits the whole pack.
You may also enjoy our article on:
Similarly, we must be prepared to work together for the greater good.
Although they live in tough environments, they thrive instead of simply surviving.
We humans can learn to be as resourceful as wolves, know our place in society, and be better communicators.
To help you connect with your instincts, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and thought-provoking wolf quotes, wolf sayings, and wolf proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Wolf Quotes, Sayings and Proverbs Celebrating Your Instinct
1. “Where there are sheep, the wolves are never very far away.” – Plautus
You will also enjoy our article on forest quotes.
2. “I think I’m still a lone wolf, internally. And I always will be.” – Rob Halford
You will also enjoy our article on your intelligence.
3. “It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be.” – Virgil
You will also enjoy our article on werewolf quotes.
4. “In the calm, deep waters of the mind, the wolf waits.” – F.T. McKinstry
5. “Report makes the wolf bigger than he is.” – German Proverb
6. “Man is to man either a god or a wolf.” – Desiderius Erasmus
7. “If you live among wolves you have to act like a wolf.” – Nikita Khrushchev
8. “When shepherds quarrel, the wolf has a winning game.” – German proverb
9. “Crying wolf is a real danger.” – David Attenborough
10. “That night the wind was howling almost like a wolf and there were some real wolves off to the west giving it lessons.” – George R.R. Martin
Wolf quotes on guardianship, loyalty and spirit
11. “A wolf is no less a wolf because he’s dressed in sheepskin and the devil is no less the devil because he’s dressed as an angel.” – Lecrae
12. “I am not a wolf in sheep’s clothing, I’m a wolf in wolf’s clothing.” – Ricky Gervais
13. “The black wolf’s curse awakes every time that a full moon points in the middle of the sky.” – Pet Torres
14. “The gaze of the wolf reaches into our soul.” – Barry Lopez
15. “Wolves go after a wounded deer, it is the nature of the beast.” – Barbara Delinsky
You will also enjoy our article on loyalty quotes.
16. “Hunger drives the wolf out of the wood.” – German Proverb
You will also enjoy our article on dog quotes.
17. “We both fell asleep wrapped up together with the wolves still lullaby-ing us in the background.” – April Genevieve Tucholke
You will also enjoy our article on Mamma Mia quotes.
18. “The wolf on the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
You will also enjoy our article on animal quotes.
19. “The Lord God had created all animals, and had chosen out the wolf to be his dog.” – Jacob Grimm
You will also enjoy our article on ricky gervais quotes.
20. “The wolf’s clear, intelligent eyes brushed mine. The wolf is gentle-hearted. Not noble, not cowardly, just non-fighting.” – Lois Crisler
You will also enjoy our article on into the wild quotes.
Wolf quotes that will make you smarter
21. “That strong mother doesn’t tell her cub, Son, stay weak so the wolves can get you. She says, Toughen up, this is reality we are living in.” — Lauryn Hill
You will also enjoy our article on full moon quotes.
22. “The wolf will never lose sleep, worrying about the feelings of sheep. But no-one ever told the sheep, that they outnumber the wolves.” – Bray Wyatt
You will also enjoy our article on bear quotes.
23. “Wolves fail to hide their integrity just like the way men fail to hide their own animality.” – Munia Khan
You will also enjoy our article on The Silence of the Lambs quotes.
24. “If you run from a wolf, you may run into a bear.” – Lithuanian
25. “Throw me to the wolves & I’ll return leading the pack” ― Unknown
26. “The wolves in the uniform with the license to do that.” – Ehsan Sehgal
27. “It is madness for a sheep to talk of peace with a wolf.” – French proverb
28. “Those are the voices of my brothers, darling; I love the company of wolves.” – Angela Carter
29. “A man might befriend a wolf, even break a wolf, but no man could truly tame a wolf.” – George R.R. Martin
Wolf quotes to help you connect with you instincts and intuition
31. “If the wolf would cease his running, the people would cease their shouting.” – German proverb
32. “Careless shepherd make excellent dinner for wolf.” – Earl Derr Biggers
33. “When one runs with the wolves, one must howl with the pack.” – Leon Trotsky
34. “The Canis Lupus, both wolf and man, were meant to be a family with one another. We gain strength through our bond with each other.” – Quinn Loftis
35. “They say the wolf bestows its happy spirit to help people. Women who obtain this spirit become skilled in creative endeavors and experience a strengthening of the senses. I would like to think there is some truth to this in my own life.” – Judi Rideout
36. “Everybody needs his memories. They keep the wolf of insignificance from the door.” – Saul Bellow
37. “Growing up, I was taught that a man has to defend his family. When the wolf is trying to get in, you gotta stand in the doorway.” – B. B. King
38. “Like crying wolf, if you keep looking for sympathy as a justification for your actions, you will someday be left standing alone when you really need help.” ― Criss Jami
39. “The wolves knew when it was time to stop looking for what they’d lost, to focus instead on what was yet to come.” – Jodi Picoult
40. “Some girls are full of heartache and poetry and those are the kind of girls who try to save wolves instead of running away from them.” ― Nikita Gill
Wolf quotes to help you develop epic teamwork skills
41. “Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.” – James Bovard
42. “When a wolf doesn’t want to do something, they look really cute.” – Michelle Paver
43. “The wolf may fight the bear, but the rabbit always loses.” – Robert Jordan
44. “Some people aren’t who they say they are, be cautious of the company you keep, wolf in sheep’s clothing.” – Unknown
45. “You know, I’m cursed with morals. I was raised a certain way. I wish I wasn’t. I wish I was raised by wolves.” – Carson Daly
46. “A wolf eats sheep but now and then; Ten thousand are devour’d by men. An open foe may prove a curse, but a pretend friend is worse.” – John Gay
47. “I guess I’m pretty much of a lone wolf. I don’t say I don’t like people at all, but, to tell you the truth, I only like it then if I have a chance to look deep into their hearts and their minds.” – Bela Lugosi
48. “The wolves’ prey upon the lambs in the darkness of the night, but the blood stains remain upon the stones in the valley until the dawn comes, and the sun reveals the crime to all.” – Khalil Gibran
49. “We humans fear the beast within the wolf because we do not understand the beast within ourselves.” -Gerald Hausman
50. “Make yourself a sheep and the wolf will eat you.” -German Proverb
More wolf quotes and sayings
51. “Sometimes a wolf has to stand alone to find out what he’s made of.”― Dannika Dark
52. “Wolves, like children, are not born to lead calm lives.” – Katherine Rundell
53. “To protect the sheep you gotta catch the wolf, and it takes a wolf to catch a wolf.”― David Ayer
54. “I believe that the wolf can change everything, if he just want to change.” – Deyth Banger
55. “A little wolf is present in every one of us.” – Peter Stamm
56. “The wolf exerts a powerful influence on the human imagination. It takes your stare and turns it back on you.” – Barry Lopez
57. “Hunger makes the wolf come out of the forest.” – German proverb
58. “Fierce as the proling wolves at close of day, and swift as eagles in pursuit of prey.” – Thomas Parnell
59. “Wolves don’t perform in a circus, and people with a mind of their own, don’t perform in a circus either.” – Avijeet Das
60. “Wolves are the witches of the animal world.”― Katherine Rundell
Wolf quotes about the majestic pack animals
61. “Liberals always cry wolf.” — Bret Stephens
62. “A fox is a wolf who sends flowers.” — Ruth Brown
63. “A gentleman is simply a patient wolf.” — Lana Turner
64. “Lefty Grove could throw a lamb chop past a wolf.” — Arthur Baer
65. “Whoever becomes a sheep is eaten by wolves.”― Henri-Frédéric Amiel
66. “An audience can be like a pack of wolves.” — Paul Mooney
67. “The wolf always charges the lamb with muddying the stream.” — Elihu Roo
68. “Seeing Wolf Eyes for the first time – I was fifteen. I had this crazy feeling that this my generation’s Stooges. I got infected by that energy.” — Weyes Blood
69. “We are all wolves, howling to the same moon.”― Atticus Poetry
70. “Wolves and people were not natural enemies. The humans’ relationship with other animals established their rivalry with wolves.”― Jon T. Coleman
Wolf Quotes Sayings And Proverbs About Being Strong And Brave
71. “I am a wolf and will not be afraid.” — Arya Stark
72. “For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.” — Rudyard Kipling
73. “The wolf that one hears is worse than the orc that one fears.” — J. R. R. Tolkien
74. “Every wolf only finds its cowardly ferocity in the pack.” — Carlos Dómine
75. “There are nights where the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.” George Carlin
76. “Live like a wolf: wild, free and hungry.” — C. Pacific
77. “The wolf attacks with its fangs; the bull with its horns.” — Horacio
78. “Even a wolf knows how to be polite when animalistic humans have no clue about politeness.” — Munia Khan
79. “Wolves are very skilled. All they need is for people not to shoot them.” — Bob Ferris
80. “If you can’t face the wolves, don’t go into the forest.” — Alexandra Udinov
Funny Wolf Quotes Sayings and Proverbs
81. “When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives.” — George R. R. Martin
82. “Throw me to the wolves. I learn faster when I’m around wolves and sharks.” — Baron Davis
83. “Pacifists are like sheep who believe that wolves are vegetarians.” — Yves Montand
84. “Liberty for wolves is death to the lambs.” — Isaiah Berlin
85. “Wolf Hall’ attempts to duplicate not the historian’s chronology but the way memory works: in leaps, loops, flashes.” — Hilary Mantel
86. “Wolves and Doves mate for life. I hope in the next life I am one of the two.” — Amanda Mosher
87. “Flatterers look like friends, as wolves like dogs.” — George Chapman
88. “There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.” — George Carlin
89. “There is no better way to know us than as two wolves, come separately to a wood.” — Ted Hughes
90. “The race of man, while sheep in credulity, are wolves for conformity.” — Carl Clinton Van Doren
Wolf Quotes Sayings and Proverbs About Teamwork
91. “In Mongolia, the nomads always told me that wolves were the most dangerous things on the steppe, and I didn’t believe them at first.” — Tim Cope
92. “Majority rule only works if you’re also considering individual rights. Because you can’t have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.” — Larry Flynt
93. “How could I fail to be a lone wolf, and an uncouth hermit, as I did not share one of its aims nor understand one of its pleasures?” — Hermann Hesse
94. “What’s that supposed to mean? A wolf’s head on a stick. Big wolf barbecue tonight? Bring your own wolf?” — Eoin Colfer
95. “It was just like Howlin’ Wolf. Once you arrive at the point that you understand it, the emotional factor is darker than some of the saddest blues stuff.” — Robert Quine
96. “Wolves directly affect the entire ecosystem, not just moose populations, their main prey, because less moose equals more tree growth.” — Rolf Peterson
97. “Be yourself. If you’re not yourself, who are you? But take advice; listen to people. If you’re not listening, you’re lost. You’re a sheep among wolves.” — Craig David
98. “Wolves together stand howling soft and loud at the light, singing family songs.” — Sue Thoele
99. “Wolves want to be wolves. Servals want to be servals. Bears want to be bears. And it is impossible to be a wolf or a serval or a bear when living in a cage.” — Annie Lowrey
100. “The wolves are never meant to be anything other than defending. They’re not meant to be aggressors.” — Joe Carnahan
Wolf Quotes, Sayings and Proverbs for a Fearless Spirit
101. “A hungry wolf at all the herd will run, In hopes, through many, to make sure of one.” — William Congreve
102. “There’s always the hyena of morality at the garden gate, and the real wolf at the end of the street.” — David Herbert Lawrence
103. “It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion.” — William Ralph Inge
104. “Luxury is the wolf at the door and its fangs are the vanities and conceits germinated by success. When an artist learns this, he knows where the danger is.” — Tennessee Williams
105. “I think we all have to fight the werewolf within us somehow.” — William Kempe
106. “Man is not man, but a wolf to those he does not know.” — Titus Maccius Plautus
107. “In politics you must always keep running with the pack. The moment that you falter and they sense that you are injured, the rest will turn on you like wolves.” — R. A. Butler
108. “I find that I sent wolves not shepherds to govern Ireland, for they have left me nothing but ashes and carcasses to reign over!” — Elizabeth I
109. “Werewolves are much more common animals than you might think.” — Daniel Pinkwater
110. “Love will find a way through paths where wolves fear to prey.” — Lord Byron
Funny Wolf Quotes, Sayings and Proverbs
111. “Wolves never cry.” ― George R.R. Martin
112. “Our lives are richer when we listen to what wolves have to teach us.” ― Jim and Jamie Dutcher
113. “Gentle and innocent as wolves as tricky as a prince.” ― Gary Snyder
114. “I have wolf blood and wolf bones… Don’t expect me to graze with sheep.” ― Melody Lee
115. “Why did you make your people lambs, when the world is full of wolves.” ― George R.R. Martin
116. “Beware of those who are always hungry, for they will feed you to the wolves just to get paid.” ― Suzy Kassem
117. “Wolves are social. They need their pack.” ― Justine Larbalestier
118. “With the wolves around, your humbleness is your worst adversary.” ― Pawan Mishra
119. “Wolves in shells are crueler than stray ones.” ― Gaston Bachelard
120. “No one ever thinks about the guy who was raised by the guy who was raised by wolves.” ― Demetri Martin
Wolf Quotes,Sayings And Proverbs To Nature Your Smartness
121. “The wolves in the woods have sharp teeth and long claws, but it’s the wolf inside who will tear you apart.” ― Jennifer Donnelly
122. “A lone wolf doesn’t tread paths on its silk leaves; it makes its own footprints in the snow. Most of its kind lives in packs, but it is an army in itself.” — Savas Moundjid
123. “An intelligent wolf is better than a foolish lion.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
124. “No wolf falters before biting, nor does the falcon hesitate before launching. Consequently, they hit the mark.” — Shannon Hale
125. “The tiger and the lion may be more powerful. But the wolf does not perform in the circus.” — Earl Derr Biggers
126. “For a wolf, the world is about understanding, knowledge, respect – attributes that many humans have cast off, along with an appreciation of the natural world.” ― Jodi Picoult
127. “A true lone wolf wishes not to lead the pack, but to lead itself.” — Eric Kay
128. “The real power of a wolf isn’t in its fearsome jaws, which can clinch with fifteen hundred pounds of pressure per square inch. The real power of a wolf is having that strength and knowing when not to use it. “ — Jodi Picoult
129. “She’s a wolf with a human mask…She is fierce, and she will race the moonlight until she outruns the sunrise.” — Chrissie Pinney
130. “Do not tame the wolf inside you just because you’ve met someone who doesn’t have the courage to handle you.” — Belle Estreller
131. “The wolf is the arch-type of a raven, the beast of waste and desolation.” — Theodore Roosevelt.
132. “Everyone knew there were wolves in the mountains, but they seldom came near the village – the modern wolves were the offspring of ancestors that had survived because they had learned that human meat had sharp edges.” — Terry Pratchett.
133. “Wolves were everywhere. In politics, on thrones, and in beds. They cut their teeth on history and grew fat on war.” — Roshani Chokshi
134.”Life is a lone wolf, scratching out a living with teeth and claws and a heart of stone.” — Dan Wells
135. “As the wolves ran, drawing nearer to their prey.” — James E. Hyler II
136. “We wear clothes, speak, and create civilizations, and believe we are more than wolves. But inside us, there is a word we cannot pronounce and that is who we are.” — Anthony Marra
137. “Leave the pain behind and let your life be your own again. There is a place where all time is now, and the choices are simple and always your own. Wolves have no kings.” — Robin Hobb
Which of these wolf quotes was you favorite?
Wolves are a symbol of guardianship, loyalty, and spirit.
Their ability to make quick and firm emotional attachments is incredible.
Wolves remind us that everything is so much easier when we share the load.
Hopefully, the wolf quotes above will inspire you to develop epic teamwork skills.
Did you enjoy these wolf quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.