These ‘keep your head up’ quotes will give you the inspiration to try one more time, the hope that things will change, and the courage to keep on keeping’ on!
Can you think of the hardest thing you have survived? Was it losing a loved one? Trauma or abuse at the hands of a parent? A break up or a friend betraying your trust? Possibly, it was a failed business venture, or other loss of income.
Hardship looks different for everyone based on their life story, but survival requires similar skills, no matter who you are or what your burden to bear has been. Keeping your head up and moving forward is a key trait among survivors.
Keeping your head up can be demonstrated through a variety of behaviors, but resiliency is a must. Many famous musicians and writers have spoken about keeping their heads up in the face of rejection and adversity.
Some of the most influential people in the world have reminded us about the importance of perseverance and not throwing in the towel when things are tough.
Read these “keep your head up” quotes to find the inspiration you need to be resilient.
Keep your head up quotes from famous musicians
1. “Even though you’re fed up, you’ve got to keep your head up.” — Tupac Shakur
2. “Never think about something wrong you did in the past, always look forward with your head up high; have no regrets.” — Jared Leto
3. “I know it seems hard sometimes, but remember one thing. Through every dark night, there’s a bright day after that. So no matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep ya head up and handle it.” — Tupac Shakur
4. “And I know this world is so cold and deceiving, but I keep my head up like my nose is bleeding.” — Lil Wayne
5. “Lift your head up high, and scream to the world. I know I am someone and let the truth unfurl.” — Michael Jackson
6. “Forgive but don’t forget, girl, keep your head up. And when he tells you you ain’t nothing, don’t believe him. And if he can’t learn to love you, you should leave him.” — Tupac Shakur
7. “Don’t let haters get me off my grind. With my head up, I know I’ll be fine. Keep fighting until I get there. When I’m down and I feel like giving up, I think again. I whip my hair back and forth.” — Willow Smith
8. “Keep your head up. Keep your heart strong.” — Ben Howard
9. “Keep your head up and be patient.” — A. J. McLean
10. “Keep your head up and smile, because someone somewhere wants to see you fail.” — Burnell Taylor
11. “Don’t let anyone knock you down. Keep your head up.” — Greyson Chance
12. “Don’t wait on approval, validation, and likes from others–always give yourself the highest of approval ratings and work from there. Hold your head up and be fabulous no matter what!” — Jody Watley
13. “I’m not a conscious rapper, all those things we talk about, the struggle, the pain, the outlook to the future, keep your head up. I try to put all those positive things into a regular human character, which is myself.” — J. Cole
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of J. Cole quotes and lyrics on life & love.
Keep your head up quotes from other famous people
14. “So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life’s a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.” — Marilyn Monroe
15. “Keep your head up in failure and your head down in success.” — Jerry Seinfeld
16. “Hold your head high, stick your chest out. You can make it. It gets dark sometimes, but morning comes. Keep hope alive.” — Jesse Jackson
17. “Put your shoulders back, hold your head up high knowing that the same power that raised Christ from the dead lives on the inside of you.” — Joel Osteen
18. “Keep your heels, head, and standards high.” — Coco Chanel
19. “Keep your head up because one day one person will fight like hell for you, the same as you would for them, and it will be a deep love. So, keep your head up.” — Carlos Salinas
20. “It is important to keep your head up and follow what you believe is right.” — Ajay Naidu
21. “You have to lift your head up out of the mud and just do it.”—Teri Garr
22. “I was haunted by trainers going “Up, up, up, get up.” You find yourself picking your head up and then realizing they aren’t talking to me.” — Jeff Daniels
Keep your head up quotes from influential people who remind us to be strong
23. “Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.” — Helen Keller
24. “I had to hold my head up high and put a bold face on things, but the thoughts keep coming anyways.” — Anne Frank
25. “Abundance is a direct reflection of your preparation to live abundantly. People who are ready for abundance keep their heads up, their eyes open and give thanks for everything they get.” — Iyanla Vanzant
26. “If we let our head drop, our heart drops with it. Keep your head up, and your body is capable of amazing feats.” — Chrissie Wellington
27. “If you’ve got a good idea and you’re willing to do whatever it takes to pursue it, keep your head up and eyes open because you don’t know when opportunity will come knocking.” — Paula Deen
28. “When times get rough, keep your head up.” — CC Sabathia
29. “I never lose. I either win or learn.” — Nelson Mandela
30. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” — Thomas A. Edison
Keep your head up quotes from famous writers and authors
31. “Stand tall, stand proud. Know that you are unique and magnificent. You do not need the approval of others.” — Jonathan Lockwood Huie
32. “Always hold your head up, but be careful to keep your nose at a friendly level.” — Max L. Forman
33. “If you aren’t in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” — T. S. Eliot
34. “To everyone battling a difficulty or under attack right now, smile, keep your head up, keep moving and stay positive, you’ll get through it.” — Germany Kent
35. “Always keep your mind strong with positive thoughts and your head up with full confidence, because you truly have greatness in you.” — Edmond Mbiaka
36. “Never let anyone tell you who you are, hold your head up high, look them in the eyes and TELL them who you are.” — Sonya Parker
37. “It is better to have your head in the clouds, and know where you are… than to breathe the clearer atmosphere below them, and think that you are in paradise.” — Henry David Thoreau
38. “Man was made to lead with his chin; he is worth knowing only with his guard down, his head up and his heart rampant on his sleeve.” — Robert Farrar Capon
39. “If things don’t work out the way you want, hold your head up high and be proud. And try again. And again. And again!” — Sarah Dessen
40. “There is no failure except in no longer trying.” — Elbert Hubbard
Inspirational keep your head up quotes
41. “Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way. And don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines.” — Satchel Paige
42. “It takes someone strong to leave with their head held high. It takes someone stronger to stay with their head held higher.” — Isabella Poretsis
43. “Someone once asked me how I hold my head up so high after all I’ve been through. I said it’s because no matter what, I am a survivor. Not a victim.” — Patricia Buckley
44. “As the world falls, I will keep my head up high because I know at the end of the time, I fall with my heart sorrowing into the sky.” — Christina Dessert
45. “No matter how much it hurts, you have to hold your head up and keep going.” — Brooke Addison
46. “He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once.” — Giovanni Falcone
47. “I continue to hope and believe that the best stories and photographs are yet to occur. My quest for them will certainly require that I keep my head up and my eyes and heart open as I walk down the street.” — Peter Turnley
48. “You’re a fighter. Look at everything you’ve overcome. Don’t give up now.” — Olivia Benson
49. “You’ve got to have some adversity and learn from it. I’m working hard, but I didn’t expect a cure in one day. You learn. You move on. You hold your head up. You go on to the next day.” — Chuck Knoblauch
50. “Keep your head up, even if sometimes all you would want to do is hide away. Remember that it always gets easier.” — Unknown
51. “You only live once, life is really short.. don’t let anything minuscule like that keep you down. Keep your head up.” – Mitch Lucker
52. “Different is good. When someone tells you that you are different, smile and hold your head up and be proud.” – Angelina Jolie
53. “You gotta keep ur head up even when the road is hard never give up.” – Tupac Shakur
54. “People like us we gotta stick together Keep your head up nothing lasts forever.” – Kelly Clarkson
55. “I’ve been able to do things that allow me to hold my head up and still be popular.” – Sam Waterston
What did you learn from these keep your head up quotes?
It can be an arduous task to keep your head up when it seems like everything is trying to knock you down. Continuing to trudge along up a rocky path is never easy, but the views at the top are usually breath-taking!
Dig deep, find your inner strength, and keep going! We can not predict what challenges we will deal with in our journey, but we can decide how we respond to each of them.
If you are going through something that is especially challenging right now, please reach out for help. Therapists can be a great resource for learning new tools on how to reframe your mindset.
If you feel like therapy is not quite what you need, then find a life coach! They can help you reach a goal, teach you techniques on how to be successful, and even help with relationship struggles.
Whatever you do, keep your head up, and know that someone out there is rooting for you!
What’s your biggest takeaway from these keep your head up quotes and sayings? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
November 6, 2020 7:00 AM EST