These 60th birthday quotes are perfect for celebrating and looking forward to what’s to come.
The 60th birthday marks the achievement of a milestone.
In fact, in China, the birthday is celebrated because when someone reaches this age, they believe they have lived a full life.
It’s frequently said that with age comes wisdom, and as people age, they often become more comfortable in who they are.
When people are in their sixties, there is a lot to look forward to, such as possibly retiring and starting the next chapter of their life.
If you have your 60th birthday coming up or are getting ready to celebrate someone else’s, these quotes are for you.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our inspirational quotes category page for more inspirational life quotes.
Heart-Touching 60th Birthday Quotes
If you’ve been dreading your 60th birthday, you don’t need to anymore. These quotes show why being in your 60s is the best.
1. “Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” – Jack Benny
2. “With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.” – William Shakespeare
3. “Please don’t retouch my wrinkles. It took me so many birthdays to earn them.” – Anna Magnani
4. “Old age is always 15 years older than I am.” – Bernard Baruch
5. “Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.” – Larry Lorenzoni
6. “Forget the block. When you’re sixty you’ve been around the entire neighborhood a few times.” – Dane Peddigrew
7. “Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.” – Chili Davis
8. “Youth is a gift of nature but age is a work of art.” – Stanislaw Lec
9. “The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.” – Lucille Ball
10. “As I started getting older, I realized, ‘I’m so happy!’ I didn’t expect this! I wasn’t happy when I was young.” – Jane Fonda
Most Impressive 60th Birthday Quotes
You just keep getting better when you hit your 60s and beyond. These quotes share some of the advantages to hitting the big 6-0!
11. “I was born old and get younger every day. At present, I am 60 years young.” – Herbert Beerbohm Tree
12. “Getting old has its advantages. I can no longer read the bathroom scale.” – Brad Schreiber
13. “Age is a high price to pay for maturity.” – Tom Stoppard
14. “As we grow old, the beauty steals inward.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
15. “The experience once turning 60 means that you have every right to be right even when you are wrong.” – Byron Pulsifer
16. “After a man passes 60, his mischief is mainly in his head.” – Washington Irving
17. “I’m 60 years of age. That’s 16 Celsius.” – George Carlin
18. “Old age isn’t so bad when you consider the alternative.” – Maurice Chevalier
19. “Take control of the second half of your life. Dream about it, wonder about it and think boldly about what you want. And take the first step, which is usually the hardest.” – Charles R. Schwab
20. “Looking 50 is great, if you’re 60.” – Joan Rivers
Exceptional 60th Birthday Quotes
With age comes wisdom… and a great sense of humor. You can enjoy a little of both in these quotes.
21. “The older the fiddler, the sweeter the tune.” – English Proverb
22. “Age is not measured by years. Nature does not equally distribute energy. Some people are born old and tired while others are going strong at 70.” – Dorothy Thompson
23. “Men are like wine. Some turn to vinegar, but the best improve with age.” – Cyril Edwin
24. “I was brought up to respect my elders, so now I don’t have to respect anybody.” – George Burns
25. “You’ve heard of the three ages of man – youth, middle age and you’re looking wonderful.” – Francis Cardinal Spellman
26. “Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be, the last of life, for which the first was made.” – Robert Browning
27. “I love getting older. What you lose in looks, you gain in wisdom. I might not be as physically beautiful on the outside today, but I’m much more beautiful on the inside.” – Delvene Delaney
28. “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” – Oprah Winfrey
29. “In youth, we run into difficulties. In old age, difficulties run into us.” – Beverly Sills
30. “How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?” – Satchel Paige
60th Birthday Quotes to bring out your best
Every birthday is something to be excited about and look forward to because it’s another year you are here to live and enjoy. These quotes are inspirational and motivational.
31. “Count your age by friends, no years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” – John Lennon
32. “Ageing is just another word for living.” – Cindy Joseph
33. “Getting old is like climbing a mountain; you get a little out of breath, but the view is much better!” – Ingrid Bergman
34. “Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.” – Franz Kafka
35. “Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.” – Walt Disney
36. “Getting older is fine. There is nothing you can do to stop it so you might as well stay on the bus.” —John Byrne
37. “I can honestly say I love getting older. Then again, I never put my glasses on before looking in the mirror.” —Cherie Lunghi
38. “We are always the same age inside.” – Gertrude Stein
39. “If you’re not getting older, you’re dead.” —Tom Petty
40. “It matters not how long we live but how.” – Philip James Bailey
60th Birthday Quotes and messages
Do you have a big birthday celebration coming up that you need to attend? If you’re having a hard time coming up with what to say to a loved one turning 60, these quotes may help get you started.
41. “It is not the years that count but the life that you have lived.” – Unknown
42. “You are full of ideas but short of time. Pick the best of your ideas and run with it.” – Unknown
43. “The older you become, the sweeter the life.” – Unknown
44. “You look marvelous! I know it took 60 years, but it paid off.” – Unknown
45. “The best birthdays are those that you have not yet celebrated. Always look forward to the best.” – Unknown
46. “A man cannot be perfect without trials; you must fall in order to succeed. I wish you a Happy Sixty Birthday.” – Unknown
47. “The secret to looking young is to live an honest life, eat healthily, and lie about your age.” – Unknown
48. “It is a must for one to grow old, but optional to grow up. I wish you a happy 60th birthday!” – Unknown
49. “Who said you are 60, you look 20 years old, the 40 years are of experience.” – Unknown
50. “Happy 60th birthday, dear. Keep on looking ravishingly good looking for the rest of your life.” – Unknown
Which of these 60th Birthday Quotes Do You Like the Most?
Birthdays should be fun and celebrated.
If you are turning 60, look for a way to celebrate your big day and the coming year in a way that matters the most to you.
For example, you could have a party with family and friends or take a trip you’ve always wanted to take but have pushed off in the past.
This is a time in life when many begin to look for new hobbies and activities to participate in.
It’s another exciting time of change in life that should be celebrated.
Share your favorite 60th birthday quotes with us in the comments, or share your thoughts on turning 60. Do you agree or disagree with the quotes above?
October 2, 2022 8:00 AM EST