After reading these karma quotes, you might reconsider your opinion on karma’s truth, especially if you’re a nonbeliever.
Derived from the Sanskrit term karman, karma loosely translates to ‘action, effect, fate.’
Share your favorite karma quote with us in the comment section.
You may also enjoy our article on:
What are the benefits of reading these karma quotes?
In Hinduism and Buddhism, karma is the sum of one’s actions in their existence’s current and past states, believed to decide their future destinies.
Karma is just like the popular saying and the song Karma by Alicia Keys, “What goes around comes around.”
Simply put, what we do and put out into the world will eventually return to us, whether good or bad.
The idea of karma is thousands of years old and is comparable to the Golden Rule: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
In a nutshell, treat others the way you want to be treated—with:
Karma can be such a powerful and important concept to live by, as it acts like a moral compass, keeping us on the right path.
And that if we commit our lives to doing good, the universe, God, or some higher power will reward us.
These karma quotes will make you ponder your choices and the weight of your karmic scales.
Below are our top 10 karma quotes to inspire you to always choose kindness.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Karma Quotes and Wise Sayings About Fate and Life
1. “You cannot do harm to someone because someone has done harm to you. You will pay just like they will.” – Ericka Williams
You might also enjoy these Tit-for-Tat quotes!
2. “People pay for what they do, and, still more, for what they have allowed themselves to become. And they pay for it simply: by the lives they lead.” — James Baldwin
You will also enjoy our article on hunting quotes.
4. “I try to live with the idea that karma is a very real thing. So I put out what I want to get back.” – Megan Fox
5. “Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.” – Elbert Hubbard
You will also enjoy our article on lies quotes.
6. “If you give a good thing to the world, then over time your karma will be good, and you’ll receive good.” – Russell Simmons
You will also enjoy our article on good deeds quotes.
7. “I believe in Karma. If the good is sown, the good is collected. When positive things are made, that returns well.” – Yannick Noah
You will also enjoy our article on evil eye quotes.
8. “There’s a natural law of karma that vindictive people, who go out of their way to hurt others, will end up broke and alone.” – Sylvester Stallone
You will also enjoy our article on selfish people quotes.
9. “When karma lands, it lands hard.” — Tom Fitton
You will also enjoy our article on fruit quotes.
10. “Karma bides its time. You will always have to watch out. Karma is unforgiving and always gets payback.” – Benjamin Bayani
Karma Quotes To Make You Responsible for Your Actions
11. “When you truly understand karma, then you realize you are responsible for everything in your life.” — Keanu Reeves
12. “Karma is justice. It does not reward or punish, because we have to earn all that we receive.” — Mary T. Brown
13. “I believe in karma, and I believe if you put out positive vibes to everybody, that’s all you’re going to get back.” — Kesha
14.“This is your karma. You do not understand now, but you will understand later.” — H. Raven Rose
15. “I want revenge, but I don’t want to screw up my karma.” — Susan Colasanti
16. “Your believing or not believing in karma has no effect on its existence, nor on its consequences to you. Just as a refusal to believe in the ocean would not prevent you from drowning.” — F. Paul Wilson
17. “The meaning of karma is in the intention. The intention behind action is what matters.” — The Bhagavad Gita
18. “Like gravity, karma is so basic we often don’t even notice it.” ― Sakyong Mipham
19. “Before you act, you have freedom, but after you act, the effect of that action will follow you whether you want it to or not. That is the law of karma.” — Paramahansa Yogananda
20. “Karma, when properly understood, is just the mechanics through which consciousness manifests.” — Deepak Chopra
Karma Quotes To Make You Think Before You Act
21. “Dear Karma, I really hate you right now, you made your point.” — Ottilie Weber
22. “The results of karma, whether good or bad, may not manifest right away. In may happen in the same lifetime or in a future life. We may even receive both positive and negative reactions at the same time.” — Benjawan Poomsan
23. “Not only is there often a right and wrong, but what goes around does come around, Karma exists.” — Dr Ken Baker
24. “Great Karma additionally interprets into great well being. At the point when an individual has a cheerful and delighted viewpoint in life, this will just add to the wellbeing of his or her wellbeing condition.” — Emma Robertson
25. “Some day people will ask me what is the key to my success…and I will simply say, “Good Karma.” — K. Crumley
26. “Even chance meetings are the result of karma… Things in life are fated by our previous lives. That even in the smallest events there’s no such thing as coincidence.” — Haruki Murakami
27. “Karma, simply put, is an action for an action, good or bad.” — Stephen Richards
28. “I believe in fate and I believe that things happen for a reason but I don’t think that there’s a high power, necessarily. I believe in karma very much though.” — Amy Winehouse
29. “Someone should have mentioned to him that karma was a venomous witch.” — Courtney Cole
30. “I’m a true believer in karma. You get what you give, whether it’s bad or good.” — Sandra Bullock
Karma Quotes To Unleash the Power of Karma
31. “Your states of mind do not occur randomly. They occur because of vibratory and karmic patterns.” ― Frederick Lenz
32. “Karma is the universal law of cause and effect. You reap what you sow. You get what you earn. You are what you eat. If you give love, you get love. Revenge returns itself upon the avenger.” ― Mary Browne
33. “Karma is not just about the troubles, but also about surmounting them.” ― Rick Springfield
34. “Karma moves in two directions. If we act virtuously, the seed we plant will result in happiness. If we act non-virtuously, suffering results.” ― Sakyong Mipham
35. “Once you know the nature of anger and joy is empty and you let them go, you free yourself from karma.” ― Gautama Buddha
36. “Can you be compassionate even to those who have no compassion? If so, there is no finer karma that you can create.” ― Gary Zukav
37. Never bully anyone because Karma has everyone’s address and a motherf**king stamp!” ― Lady Gaga
38. “Whether or not we believe in survival of consciousness after death, reincarnation, and karma, it has very serious implications for our behavior.” ― Stanislav Grof
39. “Karma means that through your thoughts and feelings and actions, you are generating a state of mind. That state of mind has a view. That view will cause things to happen to you or not happen to you.” ― Frederick Lenz
40. “Regardless of what we do, our karma has no hold on us.” ― Bodhidharma
Karma Quotes to Show the Power of Religion
41. “Keep calm; you will get a return gift, from Karma, for whatever you have done, good or bad.” ― Vikrmn: CA Vikram Verma
42. “Dangerous consequences will follow when politicians and rulers forget moral principles. Whether we believe in God or karma, ethics is the foundation of every religion.” ― Dalai Lama XIV
43. “Karma is a tricky thing. To serve Karma, one must repay good Karma to others. To serve Karma well, one must sometimes deliver bad Karma where it is due.” ― M.R. Mathias
44. “But, mark my words; someday she’ll get what’s coming to her. Karma’s a bigger bitch than she is,” ― Kathleen Brooks
45. “Karma is a cruel mistress.” ― Kelley York
46. “many believe in karma but i take it to a whole different level.” ― Alexandria Vincent R.
47. “As long as karma exists, the world changes. There will always be karma to be taken care of” ― Nina Hagen
48. “We find total peace when we accept that, due to our karma, we deserve the good and the bad that is happening in our lives.” ― Mitta Xinindlu
49. “If I really believed in karma, I would constantly have to look over my shoulder. The universe would surely have some horrible fate coming for me.” ― Michael J Heil
50. “If I believed in karma, I would probably be a fly in my next life because of all the messed-up crap I’d done in this one.” ― Michael J Heil
Karma Quotes to Teach You It’s Law
51. “The healing process is instinctive. It knows precisely which event to return to in order to heal effectively. It knows which situations hold the most karma.” ― Donna Goddard
52. “I know the Universe is on my side. Blessing me with positive karma, expansion, and an elevation within my finances.” ― Robin S. Baker
53. “Karma haunts. Be good, do good.” ― Vikrmn: CA Vikram Verma
54. “What people do to you is their Karma; what you do to them is yours.” ― Vikrmn: CA Vikram Verma
55. “When you lie and do wrongs to others, you lie and do wrongs to yourself. That is why it is impossible to escape karma, in the long term.” ― Jack Freestone
56. “The Law of Karma states that neither a drop of kindness nor a speck of evil will go unreturned.”― Shree Shambav
57. “The karmic law requires that every human wish find ultimate fulfillment. Nonspiritual desires are thus the chain that binds man to the reincarnational wheel.” ― Paramahansa Yogananda
58. “A person who lacks accountability will still deny the karma they’re receiving, even when everything around them is burning to the ground.” ― Robin S. Baker
59. “The nuances of karma are hard to understand” ― Rupa Mahanti
60. “A fool may buy all the books in the world, and they will be in his library; but he will be able to read only those that he deserves to; and this deserving is produced by Karma” ― Swami Vivekananda
61. “The art of creating flow, good karma and synchronicity in your life is simple, minimalistic and absolutely possible.” — Kanoe Amber
62. “Working with ourselves, our energy, is the key to creating good karma.” — Irini Rock well
63. “According to legend, the Mansions of Karma was the reflection of the human condition, a mirror of the spiritual journey of mankind as a whole.” — Ruth White
64. “Now I understand that the law of karma is always fair, just, and does not discriminate.” — Benjawam Poomsan
65. “If we are not concerned with such matters, if they are of little importance to us, if we do not believe in karma, then why should we bother to strive to be moral and treat each other well?” — Traleg Kyabgon
66. “How we work with karma defines our character.” — Joan Duncan Oliver
67. “Karma, death, and reincarnation are fascinating subjects for many of us. The more we understand them, the richer and more meaningful life becomes for us.” — Paramhansa Yogananda
68. “Karma will always come back to you, good or bad.” — Surfer
69. “No matter how long it may take, karma will always find those whom it seeks. An ill-intentioned person will never care to understand the damage they did to someone until the same is done to them.” — Stacey Ritz
70. “Karma is a complex dynamic involving the molding of past, present and future. We should never reduce it to a simplistic concept of reward and punishment.” — Diane Stein
Feeling motivated by these karma quotes?
Check out our collection of wisdom and positive energy quotes to further boost your mood.
Skeptical about karma? It’s understandable because it’s difficult to prove.
But there’s been some interesting research done on karma, and its findings are quite practical to our daily life.
It’s virtually true that what we reap, we sow.
Every cause has a corresponding effect.
What do you think about these quotes about karma?
Hopefully, they somewhat encouraged you to live a life based on goodness and positivity.
Don’t forget to comment down below your favorite karma quote and share this article with your friends and family if you’ve found it valuable.