The following Osho quotes share ideas on how to live life and find inspiration.
Osho went by several names earlier in life and was at one point an Indian godman. He had many controversial ideas and was not well received during his lifetime. And while you may not agree with many of the things that he believed or the messages that he shared, there were some messages that we can learn from.
Osho had a lot of information about mindfulness and how it could be used to help live a more peaceful life. Some of his opinions might be far fetched from what you believe, but see what you can learn from his ideas.
Here’s our collection of inspirational, wise and thought-provoking Osho quotes and sayings, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Don’t forget to also read these mindfulness quotes for work, life and love.
Osho quotes on love
1. “Yes, I would like you to love yourself, because unless you love yourself you cannot love anybody else. You don’t know what love is if you have not loved yourself.” – Osho
2. “People say love is blind because they do not know what love is. I say unto you, only love has eyes; other than love, everything is blind.” – Osho
3. “Love first has to happen in the deepest core of your being. It is the quality of being alone, happily alone, joyously alone. It is the quality of being a no-mind, of being silent. Contentless consciousness is the space, the context, in which love arises in you.” – Osho
4. “I teach you to be more conscious. And love will come as you become more conscious: it is a guest that comes, that comes inevitably to those who are ready and prepared to receive it.” – Osho
5. “Love is a roseflower in your being, but prepare your being. Dispel the darkness and the unconsciousness. Become more and more alert and aware, and love will come of its own accord, in its own time. You need not worry about it. And whenever it comes it is always perfect.” – Osho
6. “It is beautiful to be alone, it is also beautiful to to be in love, to be with people. And they are complementary, not contradictory.” – Osho
7. “Millions of people are suffering: they want to be loved but they don’t know how to love. And love cannot exist as a monologue; it is a dialogue, a very harmonious dialogue.” – Osho
8. “If you love a flower, don’t pick it up. Because if you pick it up it dies and it ceases to be what you love. So if you love a flower, let it be. Love is not about possession. Love is about appreciation.” – Osho
9. “Love the person, but give the person total freedom. Love the person, but from the very beginning make it clear that you are not selling your freedom.” – Osho
10. “Become alert. Relationship destroys love, destroys the very possibility of its birth.” – Osho
11. “Love needs immense consciousness. Love is a meeting of two souls, and lust is the meeting of two bodies. Lust is animal; love is divine. But unless you know that you are a soul, you cannot understand what love is.” – Osho
12. “Love is a by-product of meditation.” – Osho
13. “If you love a person, you accept the total person. With all the defects. Because those defects are a part of the person. Never try to change a person you love, because the very effort to change says that you love half, and the other half of the person is not accepted. When you love, you simply love.” – Osho
Inspirational Osho quotes
14. “Get out of your head and get into your heart. Think less, feel more.” – Osho
15. “Commit as many mistakes as possible, remembering only one thing: don’t commit the same mistake again. And you will be growing.” – Osho
16. “You will come closer and closer to perfection, but you will never be perfect. Perfection is not the way of existence. Growth is the way.” – Osho
17. “Be a lotus flower. Be in the water, and do not let the water touch you.” – Osho
18. “The greatest fear in the world is the opinion of others, and the moment you are unafraid of the crowd, you are no longer a sheep, you become a lion. A great roar arises in your heart, the roar of freedom.” – Osho
19. “A certain darkness is needed to see the stars.” – Osho
Also check out these powerful Bhagavad Gita quotes for when you seek inspiration and wisdom.
Osho quotes about life
20. “Creativity is the greatest rebellion in existence.” – Osho
21. “Be realistic: Plan for a miracle.” – Osho
22. “I love this world because it is imperfect. It is imperfect, and that’s why it is growing; if it was perfect it would have been dead.” – Osho
23. “I live my life based on two principles. One, I live as if today was my last day on earth. Two, I live today as if I am going to live forever.” – Osho
24. “Don’t try to understand life. Live it! Don’t try to understand love. Move into love. Then you will know and that knowing will come out of your experiencing.” – Osho
25. “A comfortable, convenient life is not a real life – the more comfortable, the less alive. The most comfortable life is in the grave.” – Osho
26. “Respect life, revere life. There is nothing more holy than life, nothing more divine than life.” – Osho
27. “Life is not a problem. To look at it as a problem is to take a wrong step. It is a mystery to be lived, loved, experienced.” – Osho
28. “Each person comes into this world with a specific destiny–he has something to fulfill, some message has to be delivered, some work has to be completed. You are not here accidentally–you are here meaningfully. There is a purpose behind you. The whole intends to do something through you.” – Osho
29. “Never belong to a crowd; Never belong to a nation; Never belong to a religion; Never belong to a race. Belong to the whole existence. Why limit yourself to small things? When the whole is available.” – Osho
30. “One just needs a little alertness to see and find out: Life is really a great cosmic laughter.” – Osho
31. “Tomorrow never comes, it is always today.” – Osho
Osho quotes about mindfulness
32. “Life repeats itself mindlessly – unless you become mindful, it will go on repeating like a wheel.” – Osho
33. “Drop the idea of becoming someone, because you are already a masterpiece. You cannot be improved. You have only to come to it, to know it, to realize it.” – Osho
34. “No thought, no mind, no choice — just being silent, rooted in yourself.” – Osho
35. “My meditation is simple. It does not require any complex practices. It is simple. It is singing. It is dancing. It is sitting silently.” – Osho
36. “When you really laugh for those few moments you are in a deep meditative state. Thinking stops. It is impossible to laugh and think together.” – Osho
37. “Discover yourself, otherwise you have to depend on other people’s opinions who don’t know themselves.” – Osho
38. “Awareness functions almost like magic.” – Osho
39. “Mind: A beautiful servant, a dangerous master.” – Osho
40. “Don’t seek, don’t search, don’t ask, don’t knock, don’t demand – relax. If you relax it comes, if you relax it is there. If you relax, you start vibrating with it.” – Osho
41. “The past is no more and the future is not yet: both are unnecessarily moving in directions which don’t exist. One used to exist, but no longer exists, and one has not even started to exist. The only right person is one who lives moment to moment.” – Osho
42. “Be. Don’t try to become. Within these two words, be and becoming, your whole life is contained. Being is enlightenment, becoming is ignorance.” – Osho
43. “That which makes you miserable is the only sin. That which takes you away from yourself is the only thing to be avoided.” – Osho
Osho quotes to enlighten you
44. “Find ecstasy within yourself. It is not out there. It is in your innermost flowering. The one you are looking for is you.” – Osho
45. “To avoid pain, they avoid pleasure. To avoid death, they avoid life.” – Osho
46. “Life begins where fear ends.” – Osho
47. “Love is the goal, life is the journey.” – Osho
48. “Only laughter makes a man rich, but the laughter has to be blissful.” – Osho
49. “When I say be creative I don’t mean that you should all go and become great painters and great poets. I simply mean let your life be a painting, let your life be a poem.” – Osho
50. “Courage is a love affair with the unknown.” – Osho
51. “Friendship is the purest love. It is the highest form of Love where nothing is asked for, no condition, where one simply enjoys giving.” – Osho
52. “Falling in love you remain a child; rising in love you mature. By and by love becomes not a relationship, it becomes a state of your being. Not that you are in love – now you are love.” – Osho
53. “Truth is not something outside to be discovered, it is something inside to be realized.” – Osho
More Osho quotes and sayings
54. “Nobody has the power to take two steps together; you can take only one step at a time.” – Osho
55. “Whatever you feel, you become. It is your responsibility.” – Osho
56. “You need power only to do something harmful. Otherwise love is enough, compassion is enough.” – Osho
57. “Lovers never surrender to each other, lovers simply surrender to love.” – Osho
58. “Never interfere in anybody´s life and don´t allow anybody to interfere in your life.” – Osho
59. “Think before you desire a thing. There is every possibility that it will be fulfilled, and then you will suffer.” – Osho
60. “You should live in the world but remain untouched by it. You should remain in the world, but the world should not remain in you.” – Osho
Did you find any ideas in these Osho quotes that you could learn from?
When you look at individual quotes instead of looking at the complete beliefs of the person that they came from, it’s easy to find inspiration in the words.
Mindfulness is a popular topic now and some of Osho’s quotes support the way that it can positively impact your life. He also had a lot of ideas about taking responsibility for yourself and your actions instead of depending on others.
If you see any quotes that spoke to you, find a way to keep them in front of you so you can pull encouragement and inspiration from them on a daily basis.
February 26, 2020 7:10 AM EST