The following Osho quotes share ideas on living life and finding inspiration.
Osho went by several names earlier in life and was at one point an Indian godman.
He had many controversial ideas and was not well received during his lifetime.
And while you may not agree with many of the things he believed or the messages he shared, there were some messages we can learn from.
Osho had a lot of information about mindfulness and how it could be used to help live a more peaceful life.
Some of his opinions might be far-fetched from what you believe, but see what you can learn from his ideas.
Here’s our collection of inspirational, wise and thought-provoking Osho quotes and sayings, collected from various sources over the years.
Don’t forget to read these mindfulness quotes for work, life and love.
Osho quotes on love
1. “Love is a by-product of meditation.” – Osho
2. “Get out of your head and get into your heart. Think less, feel more.” – Osho
3. “Be a lotus flower. Be in the water, and do not let the water touch you.” – Osho
4. “A certain darkness is needed to see the stars.” – Osho
5. “Love is the goal, life is the journey.” – Osho
6. “Courage is a love affair with the unknown.” – Osho
7. “Lovers never surrender to each other, lovers simply surrender to love.” – Osho
8. “Whatever you feel, you become. It is your responsibility.” – Osho
9. “Only laughter makes a man rich, but the laughter has to be blissful.” – Osho
10. “Become alert. Relationship destroys love, destroys the very possibility of its birth.” – Osho
11. “Love needs immense consciousness. Love is a meeting of two souls, and lust is the meeting of two bodies. Lust is animal; love is divine. But unless you know that you are a soul, you cannot understand what love is.” – Osho
12. “Yes, I would like you to love yourself, because unless you love yourself you cannot love anybody else. You don’t know what love is if you have not loved yourself.” – Osho
13. “If you love a person, you accept the total person. With all the defects. Because those defects are a part of the person. Never try to change a person you love, because the very effort to change says that you love half, and the other half of the person is not accepted. When you love, you simply love.” – Osho
Inspirational Osho quotes
14. “People say love is blind because they do not know what love is. I say unto you, only love has eyes; other than love, everything is blind.” – Osho
15. “Commit as many mistakes as possible, remembering only one thing: don’t commit the same mistake again. And you will be growing.” – Osho
16. “You will come closer and closer to perfection, but you will never be perfect. Perfection is not the way of existence. Growth is the way.” – Osho
17. “Love first has to happen in the deepest core of your being. It is the quality of being alone, happily alone, joyously alone. It is the quality of being a no-mind, of being silent. Contentless consciousness is the space, the context, in which love arises in you.” – Osho
18. “The greatest fear in the world is the opinion of others, and the moment you are unafraid of the crowd, you are no longer a sheep, you become a lion. A great roar arises in your heart, the roar of freedom.” – Osho
19. “I teach you to be more conscious. And love will come as you become more conscious: it is a guest that comes, that comes inevitably to those who are ready and prepared to receive it.” – Osho
Also check out these powerful Bhagavad Gita quotes for when you seek inspiration and wisdom.
Osho quotes about life
20. “Creativity is the greatest rebellion in existence.” – Osho
21. “Be realistic: Plan for a miracle.” – Osho
22. “I love this world because it is imperfect. It is imperfect, and that’s why it is growing; if it was perfect it would have been dead.” – Osho
23. “I live my life based on two principles. One, I live as if today was my last day on earth. Two, I live today as if I am going to live forever.” – Osho
24. “Don’t try to understand life. Live it! Don’t try to understand love. Move into love. Then you will know and that knowing will come out of your experiencing.” – Osho
25. “A comfortable, convenient life is not a real life – the more comfortable, the less alive. The most comfortable life is in the grave.” – Osho
Did you find any ideas in these Osho quotes that you could learn from?
When you look at individual quotes instead of looking at the complete beliefs of the person that they came from, it’s easy to find inspiration in the words.
Mindfulness is a popular topic now and some of Osho’s quotes support the way that it can positively impact your life.
He also had a lot of ideas about taking responsibility for yourself and your actions instead of depending on others.
If you see any quotes that spoke to you, find a way to keep them in front of you so you can pull encouragement and inspiration from them on a daily basis.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Osho quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.
September 21, 2022 5:00 AM EST