These namaste life quotes will inspire peace and serenity within your soul.
What does namaste mean? This Sanskrit phrase translates to “I bow to you” and is often used as a greeting. These namaste quotes will help you better understand why people say this phrase when practicing yoga or meditation.
When you open your heart up to new perspectives, you can achieve inner peace and serenity. Live by the advice found in these words of wisdom to enrich your soul and become fulfilled.
Although Namaste is a Sanskrit phrase, there are plenty of namaste quotes in English to read for inspiration. These inspirational yoga quotes prove that we are all connected on a spiritual level.
There is a light within you that you can experience and share with others. If you want to fully evolve and reach your highest purpose, read these namaste quotes and internalize the peace you receive from the words.
Namaste quotes in English for your soul
1. “Namaste means that whatever is precious and beautiful in me honors whatever is precious and beautiful in you.” – Debasish Mridha
2. “Peace can only survive when fed peace.” – Kierra C.T. Banks
3. “Let the light within me salute the light that is within you. Namaste.” – William Kuhn
4. “The word ‘Namaste’ means ‘the light in me reflects the light in you’ and I think the thing that makes people attractive are the people who shine their light and the people who can recognize that light in others.” – Chris Sullivan
5. “Don’t be so loyal to your mind; the mind is not loyal to You.” – Bert McCoy
6. “Before I had a name I existed in the world as breath as the wind as a star. For a moment if I could be the breath & the wind & the nameless star I’d meet the sky that holds them as it holds me, & I’d say joyfully namaste.” – Leza Lowitz
7. “We never stopped being each other.” – Alicen Grey
8. “Namaste means the spirit in me sees the spirit in you. And do you see yet the great truth in this simple phrase? When your eyes and brain alone cannot see the spirit in another, the spirit in you sees it always.” – Sean Patrick Brennan
9. “It hurts now, and the pain’s real, so hugs, my treasure. But give it a few weeks, and you’ll realize he’s just another asshole. Kick butt and namaste.” – Nora Roberts
10. “The great spiritual tension between the contemplative life of the monk and spiritual activism in the world dissolves entirely with one word—Namaste: the light in me bows to the light in you.” – Darren Main
Namaste quotes to open your heart up to new perspectives
11. “Freedom is not a concept in yoga, but an experience felt as our nature shines forth, unburdened, unattached, free of the ego.” – Kate Potter
12. “And meeting foreign tourists from all around the world, smiling and greeting you a “Namaste” will serenade you with the fragrance of Nepal, intoxicating one and all!” – Avijeet Das
13. “All you really need to bring to your yoga practice is a desire to better yourself, one breath at a time.” – K. Kris Loomis
14. “Learn to listen to the voice within yourself. Your body and mind will become clear and you will realize the unity in all things.” – Dogen Zenji
15. “The further down my spiritual path I go, the less I am able to define. When I turn inward, I find no words. Only Light; only Love.” – Laura Jaworski
16. “I am another you, and you are another me. And the journey continues. Namaste.” – Timber Hawkeye
17. “Affirmations: “I love & respect my mind, body, spirit.” & “I do what best nurtures all parts of myself.” & “I thrive on wholeness.” Namaste!” – Jay Woodman
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of daily affirmations to create a positive mindset.
18. “Namaste; means that my soul; acknowledges yours – not just your light, your wisdom, your goodness, but also your darkness, your suffering, your imperfections.” – L.R. Knost
19. “Yoga is the settling of the mind into silence. When the mind has settled, we are established in our essential nature, which is unbounded Consciousness. Our essential nature is usually overshadowed by the activity of the mind.” – Patanjali
20. “The universe knows.” – Kierra C.T. Banks
Namaste quotes to inspire peace and serenity
21. “True awakening is an explosion of Infinite Love; Infinite Light; and Infinite Spirit bursting forth through the highest chakra flowers of your body Divine; as you find yourself in a sea of Universal Consciousness. That is the experience prior to all words thoughts theories or beliefs… Namaste.” – Leland Lewis
22. “Thanks to yoga, I live every day in absolute bliss. Namaste!” – Gregory Q. Cheek
23. “Light and Shadow: Acknowledging at the outset that we’re each a little pure makes the world feel friendlier, it’s hopeful as well as polite.” – Helen S. Rosenau
24. “Over and over, the dying and the lepers would whisper the mystical word namaste in my ear. We really don’t have a word like it in English (or even much of a Western conception of it). They explained to me that namaste means “I honor the Holy One who lives in you.” I knew I could see God in their eyes. Was it possible that I was becoming a Christian, that in my eyes they could catch a glimpse of the image of my Lover?” – Shane Claiborne
25. “All that matters is kindred of spirit.” – Bert McCoy
26. “Namaste is a term that finds its origin in India means the God in me salutes the God in you. This means that every human being has a God in her or him. I wonder where in time we forgot this wisdom and started treating fellow human beings as untouchables and backward classes.” – Jeroninio Almeida
27. “I love yoga, but the namaste thing only takes you so far.” – Jillian Michaels
28. “So, namaste, my fellow travelers. I’m so glad we’re on; this trek through; the universe together.” – L.R. Knost
29. “Yoga is not a practice – the word ‘yoga’ means union. It does not mean standing on your head, twisting your body, or holding your breath. Yoga means to know the union of life. When you experience everything as a part of yourself, you are in yoga.” – Jaggi Vasudev
30. “Gather lovely thoughts.” – Laura Jaworski
Namaste quotes that prove we are all connected on a spiritual level
31. “When meditation reveals the light in ourselves, we naturally want to bow to the light in all beings—to act on their behalf in reverence and devotion.” – Darren Main
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of meditation quotes about the power of daily meditation.
32. “I mean the whole thing about meditation and yoga is about connecting to the higher part of yourself, and then seeing that every living thing is connected in some way.” – Gillian Anderson
33. “So I say go create something. Find your voice. Put it out there, into the world of hungry people. Give your art as freely as you give your tattered jeans. Contribute. Give what you have. Give your talents, your thoughts, your deeds, and trust your goods will end up where they need to go, will touch who they need to touch. After all, your contributions just might be better than you think.” – K. Kris Loomis
34. “A gift is pure when it is given from the heart… when we expect nothing in return.” – Bhagavad Gita
35. “Lovemaking is the ultimate Namaste.” – Suzanne DeWitt Hall
36. “If you have awakened I offer no advice. For as the ‘awakened’ you see with Universal Mind and you feel with Universal Love. You exist entirely here within the Infinite Now. Namaste.” – Leland Lewis
37. “Peace begins with a kind gesture and Namaste.” – Debasish Mridha
38. “Namaste, a person says, and with just one word, she acknowledges so much. She acknowledges the existence of the soul, she acknowledges the existence of the soul within her, she acknowledges the existence of the souls within other people, and she acknowledges the need to remember this holiest of holy truths often.” – Sean Patrick Brennan
39. “Yoga is almost like music in a way; there’s no end to it.” – Sting
40. “Namaste. It was a Nepalese greeting. It meant: The light within me bows to the light within you.” – Jennifer Donnelly
More namaste quotes and sayings
41. “Accept that other people’s perspectives on reality are as valid as your own (even if they go against everything you believe in), and honor the fact that someone else’s truth is as real to them as yours is to you. Then (and this is where it gets even more difficult), bow to them and say, “Namaste,” which means the divinity within you not only acknowledge the divinity within others but honors it as well.” – Timber Hawkeye
42. “Our life is shaped by our mind. We become what we think.” – Buddha
43. “Namaste. I bow to the divine in you.” – Celinne Da Costa
44. “And now. This moment. It moves too fast. This is the practice, the way we slow downtime. Each breath is a gift, each one an opportunity for reflection, focus, and purpose. What’s gone is gone. What’s ahead isn’t real. I take each breath as it comes. Here. Now. I am here now.” – Sasha Brown-Worsham
45. “A coin lost in the river is found in the river.” ~ Master Yunmen
46. “Your own positive future begins in this moment. All you have is right now. Every goal is possible from here.” – Lao Tzu
47. “When we truly see the light in another being, our own light shines forth, dissolving the seemingly eternal ache in our hearts and the near-constant struggle of the ego-mind. To see the light in one being—your own light or that of another—is to win the cosmic game of hide and seek and ease the suffering of the world.” – Darren Main
48. “Yoga is a way to freedom. By its constant practice, we can free ourselves from fear, anguish and loneliness.” – Indra Devi
49. “Learn to be gentle with others and with yourself.” – Swami Rama
50. “The Hindus use the greeting “Namaste” instead of our more noncommittal “Hello.” The connotation of this is roughly, whatever your outer appearance, I see and greet the soul in you. There is a wisdom in such ways of relating. Sometimes we can best help other people by remembering that what we believe about them may be reflected back to them in our presence and may affect them in ways we do not fully understand.” – Rachel Naomi Remen
You might also like these Chakra quotes about meditation and the body.
Namaste Quotes on why we are all interconnected
51. “True self is non-self, the awareness that the self is made only of non-self elements. There’s no separation between self and other, and everything is interconnected. Once you are aware of that you are no longer caught in the idea that you are a separate entity.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
52. “The Sanskrit word namaste means ‘The spirit in me honors the spirit in you.’ Whenever you first make eye contact with another person, say ‘Namaste’ silently to yourself. This is a way of acknowledging that the being there is the same as the being here.” – Deepak Chopra
53. “To All That Work So Hard To Enrich Lives And Help Make A Better Humanity,
I Have Just One Word To You…NAMASTE!” – Timothy Pina
54. “The final awakening is the embracing of the darkness into the light. That means embracing our humanity as well as our divinity. What we go from is being born into our humanity, sleep walking for a long time, until we awaken and start to taste our divinity.” – Ram Dass
55. “The sooner one develops compassion in this journey, the better. Compassion lets us appreciate that each individual is doing what he or she must do, and that there is no reason to judge another person or oneself. You merely do what you can to further your own awakening.” – Ram Dass
56. “We are all CONNECTED and I genuinely believe we should never stop absorbing knowledge from those around us. Observe: Gain from another’s experience. We all have something unique to share, so go out and engage the world with compassion, patience and generosity.” – Rosalie Bardo
57. “Be still and be aware. You may experience or feel the divine presence within the person in front of you. I salute the divine presence within you.” – Choa Kok Sui
58. “Eternity will not be nor has it been, it is.
Spirit is the we that is I or the I that is we.” – Hegel
59. “man would press his hands together in front of his chest and make a small bow with a smile — the gesture of namaste, which was intended not just as a greeting, but as his soul’s acknowledgement, centered in his heart chakra, of the other person’s soul. Inside” – Sean Platt
60. “Insults are not active, Amit. They are weapons laid down by others. You only pick them up if you wish yourself wounded.” – Sean Platt
What are your favorite namaste quotes that elevate your sense of self?
Place your hands over your heart, close your eyes, and bow your head when you say namaste. This is the best way to show someone love and respect when you greet them.
This collection of namaste quotes will bring peace, light, and serenity into your life. If you are willing, you can share this sense of harmony with others. Share your favorite namaste quotes from this list with your loved ones to spread the joy.
Have you found your sense of inner peace yet? Hopefully, this collection of quotes will encourage you to become the best version of yourself possible.
Practices like yoga, meditation, and mindfulness will help you evolve into a version of yourself that makes you proud. Try your hardest and keep these namaste yoga quotes in mind for inspiration.
What are your favorite namaste quotes and sayings about yoga and mindfulness? Let us know in the comment section below.
April 16, 2022 7:00 AM EST