Finding the best bullet quotes could take some time.
However, if you don’t have time for such an activity, we have done this task for you.
Here, we have curated a comprehensive list of the top bullet quotes.
In addition to these quotes, you can also take a look at the section below.
This part offers basic information about the bullet and its types.
You may also find these related articles interesting to read:
So, without any further ado, let’s dive in!
What is a Bullet?
The bullet is referred to as an integral part of a firearm.
Bullets are made with different materials and have other purposes.
After the trigger is pressed, a bullet rushes through the barrel of a pistol or gun and hits the target.
Bullets travel at a high velocity, and that’s why bullets are so dangerous.
Types of Bullets
Here are the most noteworthy types of bullets:
- Full Metal Jacket (FMJ)
- Soft Point (SP)
- Hollow Point (HP)
These are cylindrical bullets with flat noses.
Wadcutter bullets are suitable for target shooting.
These bullets create a clean hole in the target paper.
Hence, it is easier for the judges to score points.
Full Metal Jacket (FMJ)
This bullet contains a soft lead core, which is enclosed in a tough metal jacket.
Usually, the jacket is made of brass or copper.
These bullets can penetrate deeply into the target.
FMJ bullets are commonly used for military applications or target shooting.
Soft Point (SP)
These bullets have a lead core, which is covered with a partial metal jacket.
The lead tip is fully exposed.
SP bullets are known to offer better accuracy.
This is why SP bullets are preferred for hunting.
Hollow Point (HP)
HP bullets are constructed with a hollowed-out tip.
Upon hitting the target, these bullets expand.
HP bullets are suitable for hunting and self-defense.
Materials Used in Bullets
Listed below are a few of the most common materials used for manufacturing bullets:
When it comes to bullet manufacturing, Lead is considered the most commonly used material.
Therefore, it serves as a perfect material due to its density and softness.
Copper is another material used for manufacturing bullets.
It is a more environment-friendly alternative to lead.
So copper bullets are popular for their accuracy and expansion.
This material is hard and is used for making bullets for military applications.
Due to their strength, Steel bullets are capable of piercing through the armor.
Top 10 Bullet Quotes
Now, check out the top 10 bullet quotes you would like to read and share with your friends.
1. “You cannot run faster than a bullet.” — Idi Amin
2. “The ballot is stronger than the bullet.” — Abraham Lincoln
3. “The Rebel bullet that can kill me has not yet been molded.” — Philip Kearny
4. “If I am shot at, I want no man to be in the way of the bullet.” — Andrew Johnson
5. “I wonder if a soldier ever does mend a bullet hole in his coat?” — Clara Barton
6. “My life is like a speeding bullet that just hasn’t hit the target yet.” — Kid Cudi
7. “If a bullet should enter my brain, let that bullet destroy every closet door.” — Harvey Milk
8. “Bullet for My Valentine, we’re bros. We’ve been in the trenches with those guys.” — Synyster Gates
9. “Systemic racism always takes a toll, whether it be by bullet or by a blood clot.” — Clint Smith
10. “War is hell. You can’t photograph a flying bullet, but you can capture genuine fear.” — Horst Faas
Bullet Quotes Related to Violence
Here are bullet quotes discussing violence and danger.
11. “There was no silver bullet that could have prevented the 9/11 attacks.” — Condoleezza Rice
12. “A bullet can kill the enemy, but a bullet can also produce an enemy, depending on whom that bullet strikes.” — Tim O’Brien
13. “Thrills are much more about anticipation than action. An unfired bullet is more dangerous than one that has already met its target.” — Ashwin Sanghi
14. “I have suffered as much as Martin Luther King. Only I didn’t get the bullet. And I would have taken the bullet if I could have.” — Ralph Abernathy
15. “I had to experience how someone beside me suddenly falls over and is dead, and the bullet has hit him squarely. I had to experience that quite directly.” — Otto Dix
16. “We need bullet control! I think every bullet should cost 5,000 dollars. Because if a bullet cost five thousand dollars, we wouldn’t have any innocent bystanders.” — Chris Rock
17. “I heard the discharge of a gun, and in four or five seconds of time, after the discharge, the small shot came rattling about me, one or two of which struck the house.” — Benjamin Banneker
18. “I also got a real heavy-duty blood clot and internal bleeding from where I have shot in the stomach with a beanbag bullet that the police use for crowd control. I’ve also had six stitches in my head.” — Johnny Knoxville
19. “No martyr’s cause has ever been stilled by an assassin’s bullet. No wrongs have ever been righted by riots and civil disorders.” — Robert Kennedy
You will also enjoy our article on assassination quotes.
Bullet Quotes on Warfare, Politics, and Life
The following bullet quotes cover various topics, from the reality of warfare to the impact of politics on society, to the fragility of life itself.
20. “Oftentimes, the only evidence left behind at the scene of a shooting are bullet shell casings.” — Grace Meng
21. “If a person with a bullet in Dallas can change the world, imagine what a person with an idea could do.” — J. Michael Straczynski
22. “First, I do not think there is any silver bullet to solving the technology side of the security equation.” — John W. Thompson
23. “It’s an odd feeling knowing someone is trying to kill you. On the front line, you learn quickly that if you’re in the path of a bullet, you will get hit.” — Ross Kemp
24. “The true mystery of the JFK assassination isn’t ‘How could the bullet go through two people with only slight damage?’ but ‘Why did the third bullet explode?’” — Stephen Hunter
25. “If there’s a silver bullet in the battle to recapture Albany, it is the re-engagement of our citizens. This capital has become a physical metaphor for the isolation and alienation of our people.” — Andrew Cuomo
26.“Who needs a bullet-piercing, armor-piercing bullet to go hunting? Who needs an assault rifle to go hunting? You can’t even use the prey that you kill with an assault rifle if you indeed do it.” — Don Lemon
More Bullet Quotes on Warfare, Politics, and Life
In addition, here are some more quotes on bullets, warfare, and more.
27. “I suffer the mortification of seeing myself attacked right and left by people at home professing patriotism and love of country who never heard the whistle of a hostile bullet. I pity them and the nation dependent on such for its existence.” — Ulysses S. Grant
28. “In an area of more than 1,000 war graves and birdsong as the only sound, I contemplated the thin margin between life and death. If the sniper’s bullet had been just two feet to one side, my father’s life would have been over, aged just 27, and I would never have been born.” — Michael Ashcroft
29. “Plenty of gun opponents have pointed out the obvious: that the Founding Fathers could never have envisioned the kinds of ‘arms’ that exist today – Washington, Jefferson, and the rest had never even seen a bullet. Musket balls for guns that required constant reloading were the ‘arms’ of the day.” — Kurt Eichenwald
30. “Though there are some notable exceptions, by and large, the persistent ranting of the Warren Commission critics, some of whom were screaming the word ‘conspiracy’ before the fatal bullet had even come to rest, came to remind me, as H. L. Mencken said in a different context, of dogs barking idiotically through endless nights.” — Vincent Bugliosi
Bullet Quotes About Tough Scenarios
Here are the bullet quotes that are closely related to tough scenarios.
31. “I still feel the pain from the fact I’ve got a bullet in my brain.” — Bushwick Bill
32. “I always advise my candidates, ‘You better fight to the last bullet.’” — Rick Wilson
33. “I would not hesitate for a nanosecond to step in front of a bullet, to do anything to give my life for my children.” — Elizabeth Vargas
34. “If you decide you want to work in the film industry, you just have to bite the bullet and take other jobs until the proper jobs come in.” — Luke Evans
35. “When a family is poor, everyone is poor, and there is huge solidarity. People will take a bullet for you. But when one makes it, it is like you owe everyone.” — Emmanuel Adebayor
36. “When you’re shy, the worst thing you can do is go into all these casting rooms and be scrutinized. But with shyness, I think you just have to bite the bullet.” — Dylan Penn
37. “Anyone who is willing to take a bullet for this country, anyone who is willing to serve in uniform, should at the end of their military service be given an opportunity to become an American citizen.” — Eric Greitens
Additional Bullet Quotes About Tough Scenarios
Here are several more quotes along those lines.
38. “I’ve got a scar on my shin from when I got shot in New York when I was 17. I was outside a McDonald’s, and somebody shot a gun from a car, and the bullet grazed my leg.” — Laila Rouass
39. “FYI, there are basically only three things besides a vest that will stop a bullet: a tree trunk, the engine block of a car, and a U.S. mailbox: if you are ever caught in gunfire, find one of those.” — Asha Rangappa
40. “I know what it’s like to feel the fear of battle. To be constantly looking over my shoulder and thinking every sound might be a bomb or a bullet. When I served in Afghanistan in 2009, I felt that fear, but I made a choice to serve in the army, and I knew I could come home to safety at the end of my tour.” — Clive Lewis
Additional Bullet Quotes
If you are still searching for more? Here are some extra bullet quotes you will also enjoy reading.
41. “I believe that nothing stops a bullet like opportunity.” — Cori Bush
42. “Washington is like a self-sealing tank on a military aircraft. When a bullet passes through, it closes up.” — Dean Acheson
43. “The camera can be the most deadly weapon since the assassin’s bullet. Or it can be the lotion of the heart.” — Norman Parkinson
44. “People are always looking for the single magic bullet that will totally change everything. There is no single magic bullet.” — Temple Grandin
45. “Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.” — Dave Barry
46. “The soldiers that didn’t come back were the heroes. It’s a roll of the dice. If a bullet has your name on it, you’re a hero. If you hear a bullet go by, you’re a survivor.” — Bob Feller
Some More Bullet Quotes
In case you want some more, here are a few more bullet quotes.
47. “Happy is the novelist who manages to preserve an actual love letter that he received when he was young within a work of fiction, embedded in it like a clean bullet in flabby flesh and quite secure there, among spurious lives.” — Vladimir Nabokov
48. “It’s kind of debatable whether or not the advertisement model is effective. Like whether Nielsen works. For years, Nielsen has been based on sampling. It’s not like an electronic bullet that hits your house that tells the people at networks at all times what you’re watching.” — Kevin Smith
49. “Bullets are fast – even a 9-millimeter handgun launches lead at Mach 1. And the bigger the bullet gets, the more grains of gunpowder it carries, the faster it goes. Modern rifles can fling the small pieces of metal at half the velocity needed to escape the gravitational pull of the Moon.” — Kyle Hill
50. “For years, I’ve wanted to write a book about mummies and had been following the science of mummy CT scans when the premise for ‘The Keepsake’ occurred to me: what if an ‘ancient’ mummy turns out to have a bullet in its leg? How does a modern murder victim get turned into a mummy?” — Tess Gerritsen
Which One of these Bullet Quotes is your Favorite?
We hope you have enjoyed going through our list of bullet quotes.
These quotes are carefully selected to offer only the most relevant and authentic quotes.
You can share these quotes with your friends and family.
Since all these quotes are divided into different sections, it would be easy for you to find your favorite bullet quote.
If you have found a quote that inspires you the most, do let us know by mentioning it in the comments below.
We would love to hear about your choice.