Here are the best cactus quotes that reflect on how strong you can be.
Cactus may look like an ugly and unappealing plant for some.
But beneath all the thorns and rough skin, cacti are one of the most incredible of nature’s wonders you could have ever seen.
They are the ultimate plant for survival as they keep water resources deep within their body and tolerate even the harshest heat.
Cacti are the embodiment of endurance and strength.
Many people have attributed unique qualities to these plants, just like the cactus quotes and sayings below.
A plant covered with protective spikes and can live on its own is something only nature can create, which many people admire and take in spiritually.
What is a good quote about cactus?
1. “Adolescence is like cactus.” — Anais Nin
2. “Be sharp like a cactus, people are afraid to touch and not a sort of rubbish.” — Sophieya
3. “Hope is not a resting place but a starting point – a cactus, not a cushion.” — H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
4. “If you get struck by a cactus, consider it a cactus kiss. Because we all know Love hurts.” — Jessica Anna Jones
5. “You may be given a cactus, but you don’t have to sit on it.” — Joyce Meyer
6. “In a world full of flowers, be a cactus.” — Kul Bhushan Negi
7. “Deserts never believe in cactus. seeds so.” — Deepak Gupta
8. “A daisy blooming in a desert is worth more than a rose blossoming in a rainforest.” — Mashona Dhimaya
9. “If a flower can flourish in the desert, you can flourish anywhere.” — Mashona Dhimaya
10. “If seeds waited for perfect conditions to grow, there would be no plants in the desert.” — Mashona Dhimaya
Funny cactus flower quotes
11. “A cactus doesn’t live in the desert because it likes the desert; it lives there because the desert hasn’t killed it yet.” — Hope Jahren
12. “Reach for the stars, even if you have to stand on a cactus.” — Unknown
13. “Life is like a cactus. Thorny, but beautiful.” — Unknown
14. “My dad is like a cactus – introverted and tough.” — Gary Anarchic
15. “Even from far away, I could see people being chased by hellhounds, burned at the stake, forced to run naked through cactus patches or listen to opera music.” — Rick Riordan
16. “I am no cactus expert, but I know a prick when I see one.” — Unknown
17. “I bought a cactus. A week later, it died. And I got depressed because I thought, Damn. I am less nurturing than a desert.” — Demetri Martin
18. “I read books so dry even a cactus couldn’t grow on them.” — Jarod Kintz
19. “Don’t jack off a cactus, you’ll only hurt your hand and the cactus’ feelings.” — Tre Cool
20. “I remember very clearly someone saying, ‘Don’t shake hands with the cactus,’ and I thought, ‘Well, why not? What could possibly go wrong?’ Shaking hands is a friendly gesture.” — Benedict Cumberbatch
Cactus thorn quotes about life
21. “Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don’t have to sit on it.” — Joyce Meyer
22. “We reap what we sow. We cannot expect apples when we have sown the seed of a cactus.” — Unknown
23. “I can see why people drink booze, because boos are a little too dry to satisfy thirst. It would be like chugging a cactus, and while that has enough water for a duck to swim in, it’s the kind of thing that’s best served to politicians.” ― Jarod Kintz
24. “People trample over flowers, yet only to embrace a cactus.” — James Joyce
25. “During your struggle, society is not a bunch of flowers; it is a bunch of cacti.” — Amit Kalanithi, ‘Wealth of Words’
26. “Love speaks in flowers. Truth requires thorns.” — Leigh Bard Ugo
27. “The thorns are worth bearing for a flower.” — Kalinin
28. “What a surprise. That boy doesn’t have the sense God gave a cactus.” ― Kathleen Peacock, Hemlock
29. “Anger was simple, self-sustaining as a cactus. You couldn’t look too closely at it, lest the spines get you in the eye.” ― Rebecca Scherm, Unbecoming
30. “Every cactus blooms, some with little rooms, some give flowers that grow, others so small it won’t show! ― Ana Claudia Antunes, Pierrot & Columbine
Witty cactus quotes
31. “Gardening requires lots of water – most of it in the form of perspiration.” — Lou Erickson
32. “Deserts never believe in cactus; seeds do.” — Deepak Gupta
33.”The world is full of cactus, but we don’t have to sit on it.” — Will Foley
34. “Only cactuses had perennial appeal. And cactuses were of no interest to her.” ― Milan Kundera
35. “My dad is like a cactus – introverted and tough.” — Gary Vaynerchuk
36. “Loving someone who doesn’t love you back is like hugging a cactus. The tighter you hold on, the more it’s going to hurt.” — Unknown
37. “I have learned the difference between a cactus and a caucus. On a cactus, the pricks are on the outside.” — Mo Udall
38. “A cactus is just a really aggressive cucumber.” — Unknown
39. “In the Middle Ages, people took potions for their ailments. In the 19th century, they took snake oil. Citizens of today’s shiny, technological age are too modern for that. They take antioxidants and extract of cactus instead.” — Charles Krauthammer
40. “I consider it the highest compliment when my employees go out and start their own companies in competition with me. I always send them a plant to wish them well. Of course, it’s a cactus.” — Unknown
Cute cactus love quotes and sayings
41. “Bloom where you are planted” — Unknown
42. “She was the faintest scent of a cactus flower, the flitting shadow of an elf owl. We did not know what to make of her. In our minds, we tried to pin her to a corkboard like a butterfly, but the pin merely went through, and away she flew.” — Jerry Spinelli
43. “The Big Cactus… because if you come too close, you’re gonna get stuck.” — Shaquille O’Neal
44. “I’m like the trunk of a cactus… I take in a dose of culture and time with friends, then I retreat and go live on it for a while until I get thirsty again.” — Nancy Horan
45. “A whale is as unique as a cactus, but don’t ask a whale to survive Death Valley. We all have special gifts; where we use them and how determines whether we actually complete something.” — Max De Pree
46. “I had forgotten that talking to you is like trying to pet a cactus.” Saiman said dryly. ‘Thank you for reminding me. Always happy to oblige.’” — Ilona Andrews
47. “Cactus classification is similar to fashion on women skirts: they first shorten improperly and then lengthen excessively.” — R. Foster
48. “Very often, people are obsessed with what others think of them. It’s like if a flower wants to be a cactus or a palm but it’s not. A flower is a flower, and that’s enough.” — Kalinin
49. “I hope that while so many people are out smelling the flowers, someone is taking the time to plant some.” — Herbert Rappaport
50. “If one can see beauty in the strength of how a cactus blooms in the desert. They would see beauty in the thorns it displays.” — Reena Sharma
Cactus quotes to display their beauty
51. “People are not cactuses; they need plenty of water and, when talking about friendship, the water is our time.” — Birutė Sol
52. “When the going gets tough, / Just like golden barrel cactus, / You bloom yellow / And poesy drips from you / Instead of tears.” ― Neelam Saxena Chandra
53. “Take the rose, most people think it very beautiful: I don’t care for It at all. I prefer the cactus for the simple reason that it has a more interesting personality.” — Charles Proteus Steinmetz
54. “Life can be prickly. Bloom anyway.” — Unknown
55. “People trample on flowers, but respect cactuses.” — Lone Thinker
56. “In the desert of my heart, you don’t need to blossom to like a cactus.” —Richa
57. “Only a few love the cactus as others fail to see their beauty. Because others just hate them for the thorns they possess, and they don’t understand the fact that they are meant to work as their protective gear.” — Lone Thinker
58. “The cactus is not a bad plant. It is just a beautiful plant with thorns.” —Author Unknown
59. “What is the meaning of a cactus flower? It exists, that’s all.” — Marty Rubin
60. “The one thing that seems to be consistent through all my work that I like, and I experimented a lot, is the viewer is allowed to meditate on something that normally we don’t stop and stare at, whether it’s people or a cactus.” —Richard Misrach
Cactus quotes to remind you of your strength and beauty
61. “A cactus is a desert’s rose.” — Mashona Dhimaya
62. “Deserts are very dry places, but plants can still grow there. Desert plants collect and use water in special ways.” — Julie Penn
63. “There are very beautiful flowers in the desert amidst the spikes and thorns. Just don’t let them take over. In the garden of love, there is little room for prickly things.” — Kate McGaha
64. “Play with a cactus, and you will get pricked!” — Anthony T. Hincks
65. “I want my body to help fertilize the growth of a cactus or cliff rose or sagebrush or tree.” — Edward Abbey
66. “The Cardones cactus is very similar to saguaro cactus in Arizona. These cacti only grow in very specific, particular places.” — James Turrell
67. “The cactus thrives in the desert while the fern thrives in the wetland. The fool will try to plant them in the same flower box.” — Vera Nazarian
68. “I’m an observer of life. I like to watch people, and I like to watch cactus. I like to talk to mountains and communicate with my friends in the other spheres and dimensions.” — Frederick Lindemann
69. “He’d always had a quickening of the heart when he crossed into Arizona and beheld the cactus country.” — Dorothy B. Hughes
70. “The desert works constantly to forbid it, and still the cactus blooms.” — Uma Gokhale
Cactus quotes on lessons we can learn from this humble plant
71. “Rearing three children is like growing a cactus, a gardenia, and a tubful of impatiens. Each needs varying amounts of water, sunlight and pruning.” — Phyllis Grissim-Theroux
72. “Having fake friends is like hugging cactus. The tighter you hug, the more pain you get.” — Riza Prasetyaningsih
73. “You are holding a cactus plant in your hand. Cactus is not hurting you. Your own attachment with the cactus is hurting you.” — Shunya
74. “You could drop Tony Stark naked in the middle of the desert and he’d fly out in a jet made of sand and cactus needles. It’s not his stuff that gives him power. It’s his brain.” — Charles Soule
75. “The one who swallows cactuses with spines should not complain about hemorrhoids.” — Etgar Keret
76. “Well what I was going to say was that it reminds me of us because a cactus can grow and thrive without a lot of water and attention. Even if it gets neglected on a shelf, it can blossom and still develop into something beautiful.” — Rebecca Bloom
77. “There is a great independence, and a confident immunity to risk, in all drinks made out of cactus.” — Alan LeMay
78. “A decent man would stand out like a cactus on an ice floe.” — Timothy Egan
79. “I’m no cactus expert, but I know too much detail can bog down any story. Enough with the history of gunpowder, the geology of Hawaii, the processes of whaling, and cactus and tumbleweed.” — Edward M. Lerner
80. “It is only the story…that saves our progeny from blundering like blind beggars into the spikes of the cactus fence. The story is our escort; without it, we are blind. Does the blind man own his escort?” — Chinua Achebe
Thought-Provoking Cactus Quotes
81. “I hate cactuses. They are such a prick.” — Punny Leone
82. “Loving you is like loving a cactus. You hurt me every time, whenever I come close to you, but still, I can’t stop myself from loving you.” — Esa
83. 44. “A cactus could’ve loved any other cactus, but love is such a crazy stuff that it only fell for a balloon, where their togetherness is impracticable.” — Fathima Shamla
84. “Thanks a heap, coyote ugly. This cactus-gram stings worse than your abandonment.” — Diablo Cody
85. “Roses may say ‘I love you,’ but cactus says ‘fuck off.’” — Jason Kintz
86. “Cactus plants are blooming, sagebrush everywhere. Granite spires are standing all around. I tell you folks, it’s Heaven, to be riding down the trail when the desert sun goes down.” — Gene Autry
87. “You can’t learn anything from saguaro cactus, from ocotillo. They are just passing through; their roots, their much-heralded dormancy in the dry season, these are only illusions of permanence. They know even less than you do.” — Barry Lopez
88. “It was the act of a gentleman, and Damian was as gentle as a cactus.” — Isabella Sheikh
89. “It’s also the place where an 8-ft. cactus, the century plant, produces a huge yellow flower every great once in a while like a robot proffering a bouquet. After the plant flowers, it dies.” — Unknown
90. “So they drove again, Vivien sitting up and looking now, but as navigator only, letting the desert scratch its own thorny poetry on the enormous moon.” — Douglas Woolf
Cactus Quotes About Survival in the Desert
91. “You know you’re an Arizona native when you hug a cactus only once in your lifetime.” ― Nancy Dedera
92. “Both a rose and a cactus have thorns, and while the rose may say, “I love you,” the cactus says, “Fuck off.” I think that’s important to remember, and it’s the ideal way to farm ducks.” ― Jarod Kintz
93. “Texas is a hell hole, man. Dirt, cactus, lizards, dirt, cactus, the Bush family.” ― Christopher Titus
94. “Jealousy is like a cactus. Its response and reaction is thorny.” — Kishore Bansal
95. “I’m the Big Cactus now and ready to roll again.” ― Shaquille O’Neal
96. “I’m always very interested in breeding. Raising cacti is breeding. My lotus plant collection is breeding. The insects are breeding.” ― Takashi Murakami
97. “What is the difference between a cactus and a conservative caucus? On a cactus, the pricks are on the outside.” ― John Diefenbaker
98. “A tumble from the rocks would probably land us in a cactus—and anyone who’s ever tried to tangle with a teddy bear cactus knows there’s a whole lot more bear than teddy to it.” ― Kevin Hearne
99. “Naw, I’m not going out there and coming back, looking like you, cactus butt!” ― Shenzi in The Lion King
What did you learn from these cactus quotes?
Like a cactus, we are born to adapt to whatever the world has for us.
Each of us has our own timing in life.
Some of us may excel and bloom in our careers or talents later than others, but that doesn’t make us any less perfect.
The truth is, like a cactus, we may have it rough, and things will not always be our way.
But, in time, we’ll all discover our purpose and shine in our own unique way.
The challenge now for us is to be like a cactus, strong and enduring yet beautiful inside and out.
Dangerous yet full of life.
Silent but independent.
Hopefully, you can take inspiration from the cactus quotes and sayings above.