Here are the best cactus quotes that reflect on how strong you can be.
Cactus may look like an ugly and unappealing plant for some. But beneath all the thorns and rough skin, cacti are one of the most incredible of nature’s wonders you could have ever seen.
They are the ultimate plant for survival as they keep water resources deep within their body and tolerate even the harshest heat.
Cacti are the embodiment of endurance and strength. Many people have attributed unique qualities to these plants, just like the cactus quotes and sayings below.
A plant covered with protective spikes and can live on its own is something only nature can create, which many people admire and take in spiritually.
Don’t forget to also check out these tree quotes that will make you want to plant roots.
Inspirational cactus quotes
1. “Reach for the stars, even if you have to stand on a cactus.” – Unknown
2. “Be sharp like a cactus, people are afraid to touch and not a sort of rubbish.” – Sophieya
3. “Hope is not a resting place but a starting point – a cactus, not a cushion.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
4. “If you get struck by a cactus, consider it a cactus kiss. Because we all know Love hurts.” – Jessica Anna Jones
5. “Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don’t have to sit on it.” – Joyce Meyer
6. “In a world full of flowers, be a cactus.” – Kul Bhushan Negi
7. “Deserts never believe in cactus. seeds so.” – Deepak Gupta
8. “A daisy blooming in a desert is worth more than a rose blossoming in a rainforest.” – Mashona Dhimaya
9. “If a flower can flourish in the desert, you can flourish anywhere.” – Mashona Dhimaya
10. “If seeds waited for perfect conditions to grow, there would be no plants in the desert.” – Mashona Dhimaya
Funny cactus flower quotes
11. “A cactus doesn’t live in the desert because it likes the desert; it lives there because the desert hasn’t killed it yet.” – Hope Jahren
12. “Adolescence is like cactus.” – Anais Nin
13. “Life is like a cactus. Thorny, but beautiful.” – Unknown
14. “My dad is like a cactus – introverted and tough.” – Gary Anarchic
15. “Even from far away, I could see people being chased by hellhounds, burned at the stake, forced to run naked through cactus patches or listen to opera music.” – Rick Riordan
16. “I am no cactus expert, but I know a prick when I see one.” – Unknown
17. “I bought a cactus. A week later it died. And I got depressed, because I thought, Damn. I am less nurturing than a desert.” – Demetri Martin
18. “I read books so dry even a cactus couldn’t grow on them.” – Jarod Kintz
19. “Don’t jack off a cactus, you’ll only hurt your hand and the cactus’ feelings.” – Tre Cool
20. “I remember very clearly someone saying, ‘Don’t shake hands with the cactus,’ and I thought, ‘Well, why not? What could possibly go wrong?’ Shaking hands is a friendly gesture.”
Cactus thorn quotes about life
21. “You may be given a cactus but you don’t have to sit on it.” – Joyce Meyer
22. “We reap what we sow. We cannot expect apples when we have sown the seed of a cactus.” –Unknown
23. “I remember very clearly someone saying, ‘Don’t shake hands with the cactus,’ and I thought, ‘Well, why not? What could possibly go wrong?’ Shaking hands is a friendly gesture.” – Benedict Cumberbatch
24. “People trample over flowers, yet only to embrace a cactus.” – James Joyce
25. “During your struggle society is not a bunch of flowers, it is a bunch of cacti.” – Amit Kalanithi, ‘Wealth of Words’
26. “Love speaks in flowers. Truth requires thorns.” – Leigh Bard Ugo
27. “The thorns are worth bearing for a flower.” – Kalinin
28. “What a surprise. That boy doesn’t have the sense God gave a cactus.” ― Kathleen Peacock, Hemlock
29. “Anger was simple, self-sustaining as a cactus. You couldn’t look too closely at it, lest the spines get you in the eye.” ― Rebecca Scherm, Unbecoming
30. “Every cactus blooms, some with little rooms, some give flowers that grow, others so small it won’t show! ― Ana Claudia Antunes, Pierrot & Columbine
Witty cactus quotes
31. “Gardening requires lots of water – most of it in the form of perspiration.” – Lou Erickson
32. “You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy succulents! And that is pretty much the same thing.” –Unknown
33.”The world is full of cactus, but we don’t have to sit on it.” – Will Foley
34. “People trample over flowers, yet only to embrace a cactus.” – James Joyce
35. “Reach for the stars, even if you have to stand on a cactus.” – Unknown
36. “Loving someone who doesn’t love you back is like hugging a cactus. The tighter you hold on, the more it’s going to hurt.” – Unknown
37. “I have learned the difference between a cactus and a caucus. On a cactus, the pricks are on the outside.” – Mo Udall
38. “A cactus is just a really aggressive cucumber.”
39. “In the Middle Ages people took potions for their ailments. In the 19th century, they took snake oil. Citizens of today’s shiny, technological age are too modern for that. They take antioxidants and extract of cactus instead.” – Charles Krauthammer
40. “I consider it the highest compliment when my employees go out and start their own companies in competition with me. I always send them a plant to wish them well. Of course, it’s a cactus.” Unknown
Cute cactus love quotes and sayings
41. “Bloom where you are planted” – Unknown
42. “She was elusive. She was today. She was tomorrow. She was the faintest scent of a cactus flower, the flitting shadow of an elf owl. We did not know what to make of her. In our minds we tried to pin her to a corkboard like a butterfly, but the pin merely went through and away she flew.” – Jerry Spinelli
43. “The Big Cactus… because if you come too close, you’re gonna get stuck.” – Shaquille O’Neal
44. “I’m like the trunk of a cactus… I take in a dose of culture and time with friends, then I retreat and go live on it for a while until I get thirsty again.” – Nancy Horan
45. “A whale is as unique as a cactus. But don’t ask a whale to survive Death Valley. We all have special gifts. Where we use them and how determines whether we actually complete something.” – Max De Pree
46. “I had forgotten that talking to you is like trying to pet a cactus.” Saiman said dryly. “Thank you for reminding me.” “Always happy to oblige.” – Ilona Andrews
47. “Cactus classification is similar to fashion on women skirts: they first shorten improperly and then lengthen excessively.” – R. Foster
48. “The thorns are worth. “Very often, people are obsessed with what others think of them. It’s like if a flower wants to be a cactus or a palm but it’s not. A flower is a flower, and that’s enough. That’s all you have to do is be a flower. ” – Stephan Hauser for a flower.” – Kalinin
49. “I hope that while so many people are out smelling the flowers, someone is taking the time to plant some.” – Herbert Rappaport
50. “If one can see beauty in the strength of how a cactus blooms in the desert. They would see beauty in the thorns it displays.” – Reena Sharma
What did you learn from these cactus quotes?
Like a cactus, we are born to adapt to whatever the world has for us. Each of us has our own timing in life.
Some of us may excel and bloom in our careers or talents later than others, but that doesn’t make us any less perfect.
The truth is, like a cactus, we may have it rough, and things will not always be our way. But, in time, we’ll all discover our purpose and shine in our own unique way.
The challenge now for us is to be like a cactus, strong and enduring yet beautiful inside and out. Dangerous yet full of life. Silent but independent. Hopefully, you can take inspiration from the cactus quotes and sayings above.
July 22, 2021 7:00 AM EST