These bloom quotes about beauty, love, and hope are like sunshine for the soul.
‘Stop and smell the roses,’ is a common saying because flowers often inspire us and remind us about the beauty that nature surrounds us with. Just what is so inspirational about flowers, though? Quite a few things actually!
For starters, they come in a variety of beautiful colors and fragrances. Even though they may be different from one another, each offers a different take on beauty and appeals to our senses. This lesson in appreciating diversity is only one of many that we can learn from flowers.
What are some other lessons we can learn from flowers? Inspirational bloom quotes from people like Oprah remind us of the resiliency and strength that is found in fragile and beautiful flowers.
Flowers face challenges for growth, like it being too hot or too cold, too wet or too dry, and then there are the weeds encroaching on their space. Yet, they still find a way, which is a lesson we can all draw inspiration from!
Don’t forget to also check out these flower quotes that will remind you to smell the roses.
Short bloom quotes for the perfect Instagram caption
1. “Choose what helps your heart bloom.” ― Dhiman
2. “Take care, dear heart, you are blooming and spring is coming.” ― Luna Lovette
3. “Bloom where you are planted and sow where you are fed.” ― Stella Payton
4. “All beings are flowers blooming in a blossoming universe.” ― Soen Nakagawa
5. “All that blooms must wither first.” ― Dahi Tamara Koch
6. “When the flower blooms, the bees come uninvited.” ― Unknown
7. “Through sun and rain, you will bloom all the same.” ― Morgan Harper Nichols
8. “One day you will look back and see that all along, you were blooming.” ― Morgan Harper Nichols
9. “And somehow, after everything, she still bloomed in the way she was meant to.” ― Morgan Harper Nichols
10. “Never despise a seed; one day it will rise and bloom into a forest.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
11. “Your mind is a walled garden; even Death cannot touch the flowers blooming there.” ― Jonathan Nolan
12. “And so we are like flowers; and bloom only when the sun kisses us.” ― Kristian Goldmund Aumann
Bloom quotes and sayings about love and hope
13. “May my soul bloom in love for all existence.” ― Rudolf Steiner
14. “I think it’s when you take care of yourself, you love yourself that you truly bloom and look your most beautiful.” ― Heart Evangelista
15. “They say you’ll be blooming when you’re in love; I agree, but what is important to bloom is taking care of yourself, too.” ― Heart Evangelista
16. “Love is like the wild rose-briar; Friendship like the holly-tree. The holly is dark when the rose-briar blooms, but which will bloom most constantly?” ― Emily Bronte
17. “If your heart is a volcano, how shall you expect flowers to bloom?” ― Khalil Gibran
18. “Well, my love is a flower just beginning to bloom Like those things from your garden that spring from the gloom.” ― Jonathan Richman
19. “Hope blooms when the time is ready.” ― Debasish Mridha
20. “Where flowers bloom, so does hope.” ― Lady Bird Johnson
21. “A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and a man cannot live without love.” ― Max Muller
22. “All of us blossom when we feel loved and wither when we do not feel loved.” ― Gary Chapman
Flower bloom quotes about beauty
23. “Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
24. “If beautiful lilies bloom in ugly waters, you too can blossom in ugly situations.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
25. “A flower must bloom inside first before revealing its beauty to the world.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
26. “Critics do not determine how beautifully a flower blooms.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
27. “Flowers don’t worry about how they’re going to bloom. They just open up and turn toward the light and that makes them beautiful.” ― Jim Carrey
28. “The bloom may be brief but the memory of its beauty will last a lifetime.” ― Doe Zantamata
29. “Bloom like a flower; unfold your own beauty.” ― Debasish Mridha
30. “Open the bloom of your heart and become a gift of beauty to the world.” ― Bryant McGill
31. “A flower that refuses to bloom robs the world of its beauty.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
32. “The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.” ― Robert D. San Souci
33. “Bloom as if you want to make the whole world beautiful.” ― Debasish Mridha
Bloom quotes about overcoming adversity and growing
34. “A flower blooming in the desert proves to the world that adversity, no matter how great, can be overcome.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
35. “If you tend to a flower, it will bloom, no matter how many weeds surround it.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
36. “Every flower blooms at a different pace.” ― Suzy Kassem
37. “Every flower blooms in its own time.” ― Ken Petti
38. “The earth is gentle. And the earth allows the flowers to bloom. We need to be gentle. And the flowers will bloom in our life.” ― Avijeet Das
39. “Science, or para-science, tells us that geraniums bloom better if they are spoken to. But a kind word every now and then is really quite enough. Too much attention, like too much feeding, and weeding and hoeing, inhibits and embarrasses them.” ― Victoria Glendinning
40. “Thorns do not keep a rose from blooming, neither should obstacles keep you from success.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
41. “A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms.” ― Zen Shin
Inspirational bloom quotes to remind you to open up and seek growth
42. “A flower does not use words to announce its arrival to the world; it just blooms.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
43. “A flower does not fulfill its destiny until it blooms, and a star does not fulfill its destiny until it shines.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
44. “When you’re doing exactly what you want to do, it’s not tiring. You’ve been planting these seeds, and finally, you have a full garden in bloom; you’re like, ‘Oh, I just want to smell the flowers and play among the flowers all day.’ That’s what I’m doing. I’m playing among the flowers.” ― Colman Domingo
45. “We blossom under praise like flowers in sun and dew; we open, we reach, we grow.” ― Gerhard E Frost
46. “You are built not to shrink down to less but to blossom into more.” ― Oprah Winfrey
47. “The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one and it would not be a wasted life.” ― Ken Watanabe
48. “What blooms from beautiful seeds of thought becomes a symphony of colorful abundance.” ― Jazz Feylynn
49. “The very best relationship has a gardener and a flower. The gardener nurtures and the flower blooms.” ― Carole Radziwill
50. “If you feel lost, disappointed, hesitant, or weak, return to yourself, to who you are, here and now and when you get there, you will discover yourself, like a lotus flower in full bloom, even in a muddy pond, beautiful and strong.” ― Masaru Emoto
What did you learn from these bloom quotes?
Another important thing to note about flowers in bloom is the joy they bring to others. Whether it is their beauty or this fragrance, flowers can bring a smile to our faces. Being a source of joy and happiness for others is a way we can all feel a little more fulfilled.
Now, this doesn’t mean you worry about pleasing people all the time, or being a pushover. It also doesn’t mean masking your pain and negative emotions, but it does mean that you try and spread happiness whenever you have the choice and opportunity to do so.
Have you ever been having a really crappy day, and then someone gives you a random compliment, and you feel just a little brighter?
Chances are that person paying you a compliment has also had rough days, and might even be having one now. However, saying something nice to someone else doesn’t take away from your own challenges, it just spreads a little sunshine and happiness out into the world. If everyone tried this for a single day, I wonder how happy everyone would be.
When it comes to getting flowers as gifts, some of us love them and feel immense joy and love. However, there are people out there that don’t like fresh flowers “because they are expensive and die.” This is true, and a valid statement.
Yet, I feel like this is another lesson we can learn from flowers, because no one’s time here is guaranteed, and we are all dying. But we can be beautiful and make people smile until then, and if we are lucky, they will continue to remember us and smile even after we are gone.
What are your thoughts on flowers as gifts? Do you have any other favorite bloom quotes and sayings to add? Let us know in the comment section below!
August 11, 2021 7:00 AM EST