One of the most important factors to achieving something significant is self-belief. Without believing in yourself, there’s not a lot that can help you fulfill your goals.
If you believe in yourself and your abilities, you’ll have the confidence to overcome any obstacles that come your way. You’ll be one step closer to winning and succeeding.
By believe that you can do it, you inspire yourself to take action. Creating that positive attitude allows you to be motivated to work toward your goals.
The easiest way to never reach your goals is to be negative and envision the worst scenario. You need positive attitude to succeed. Therefore, you should literally see yourself arriving at your desired finish line.
Although your brain will always play against you, you can put yourself on the track to success by believing in yourself and your goals. If you don’t believe in yourself, no one else will.
Below you’ll find our collection of inspirational, wise, and powerful believe in yourself quotes, believe in yourself sayings, and believe in yourself proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Believe in yourself quotes and sayings celebrating confidence
1. “Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” – Golda Meir
2. “You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can’t have it.” – Dr. Robert Anthony
3. “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Dale Carnegie
4. “Wouldn’t it be powerful if you fell in love with yourself so deeply that you would do just about anything if you knew it would make you happy? This is precisely how much life loves you and wants you to nurture yourself. The deeper you love yourself, the more the universe will affirm your worth. Then you can enjoy a lifelong love affair that brings you the richest fulfillment from inside out.” – Alan Cohen
5. “Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – Christopher Robin
6. “If you’re presenting yourself with confidence, you can pull off pretty much anything.” – Katy Perry
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of elf quotes for the Christmas holiday.
7. “Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
8. “Persons of high self-esteem are not driven to make themselves superior to others; they do not seek to prove their value by measuring themselves against a comparative standard. Their joy is being who they are, not in being better than someone else.” – Nathaniel Branden
9. “To be a great champion you must believe you are the best. If you’re not, pretend you are.” – Muhammad Ali
10. “Create the highest grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe.” – Oprah Winfrey
Believe in yourself quotes to help get rid of your fears and self-doubt
11. “Believe in yourself, take on your challenges, dig deep within yourself to conquer fears. Never let anyone bring you down. You got to keep going.” – Chantal Sutherland
12. “To move ahead you need to believe in yourself, have conviction in your beliefs and the confidence to execute those beliefs.” – Adlin Sinclair
13. “Believe in yourself, push your limits, experience life, conquer your goals and be happy.” – Joel Brown
14. “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
15. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
16. “Believe in yourself, and the rest will fall into place. Have faith in your own abilities, work hard, and there is nothing you cannot accomplish.” – Brad Henry
17. “Whatever you want in life, other people are going to want it too. Believe in yourself enough to accept the idea that you have an equal right to it.” – Diane Sawyer
18. “If you truly want to be respected by people you love, you must prove to them that you can survive without them.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
19. “You may be the only person left who believes in you, but it’s enough. It takes just one star to pierce a universe of darkness. Never give up.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
20. “Don’t let fear or insecurity stop you from trying new things. Believe in yourself. Do what you love. And most importantly, be kind to others, even if you don’t like them.” – Stacy London
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of insecurity quotes to help you gain confidence.
Believe in yourself quotes and sayings that will help change your life
21. “Don’t doubt yourself, that’s what haters are for.”― Turcois Ominek
22. “I don’t measure a man’s success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom.” – George S. Patton
23. “Faithless to be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
24. “If you believe very strongly in something, stand up and fight for it.” – Roy T. Bennett
25. “Believe it can be done. When you believe something can be done, really believe, your mind will find the ways to do it. Believing a solution paves the way to solution.” – David J. Schwartz
26. “If you can’t believe in miracles, then believe in yourself. When you want something bad enough, let that drive push you to make it happen. Sometimes you’ll run into brick walls that are put there to test you. Find a way around them and stay focused on your dream. Where there’s a will, there’s a way.” – Isabel Lopez
27. “When they judge you, yawn. When they misunderstand you, smile. When they underestimate you, laugh. When they condemn you, ignore. When they envy you, rejoice. When they oppose you, prevail.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
28. “They will always tell you that you can’t do what you want to do, but you can do what you want to do. You just have to believe in yourself. The system is to bring you down, but you can rise up.” – Bob Marley
29. “Those people who have the greatest success first needed to believe in what they have to offer the world. You need to trust that your unique contribution is worthwhile.” – Grant Andrews
30. “Self-confidence and a belief in yourself is a must. To instill confidence in others, you first must have confidence in yourself.” – Byron Pulsifer
Believe in yourself quotes to help open up endless possibilities in your life
31. “A firm belief in yourself is all that is needed to alter your life. No one except you alone can change your life.” – M. K. Soni
32. “What matters is not the idea a man holds, but the depth at which he holds it.” – Ezra Pound
33. “Believe deep down in your heart that you’re destined to do great things.” – Joe Paterno
34. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian Larson
35. “There has never been another you. With no effort on your part you were born to be something very special and set apart. What you are going to do in appreciation of that gift is a decision only you can make.” – Dan Zadra
36. “Your beliefs about yourself often translate into your convictions about yourself. It is difficult to achieve what you believe is beyond your power.” – Eugene C. Onyibo
37. “If you want to change the way you feel about yourself, first you have to change the way you think about yourself.” – Gavin Bird
38. “Passion is the overwhelming feeling, the burning desire, the drive that ultimately creates change. It is the total belief in yourself and your abilities that nothing can stop you.” – Diane Matyas
39. “Always speak well of yourself and consistently visualize your life working out as you want it.” – Andrew Matthews
40. “The key to achieving success is believing in yourself and having the strength and motivation to persevere.” – Jane John-Nwankwo
Believe in yourself quotes to help you take action towards your goals
41. “Where you are is a result of who you were, but where you go depends entirely on who you choose to be.” – Hal Elrod
42. “Cultivate an optimistic mind, use your imagination, always consider alternatives, and dare to believe that you can make possible what other think is impossible.” – Rodolfo Costa
43. “Don’t compare yourself with anyone else in the world. If you do so you are insulting yourself.”- Bill Gates
44. “A man can be as great as he wants to be. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done.” – Vince Lombardi
45. “Without high levels of self-esteem, you are unlikely to see yourself as being worthy of success or happiness, and as a result will never truly try your hardest to achieve it. It will also give you the courage to keep going when things get tough, and believe in yourself when others say you will never accomplish something.” – Lucas Cunningham
46. “Having the confidence to believe in yourself and your abilities will go a long way in creating your successes and improving your view of yourself.” – Raymona Brown
47. “If you want your life to be fulfilling, you have to believe in yourself. Put yourself out there and be thrilling, never be someone else.” – Julie Hebert
48. “It may not be easy at times, but in those times of struggle you will find a stronger sense of who you are, so when the days come that are filled with frustration and unexpected responsibilities, remember to believe in yourself and all you want your life to be, because the challenges and changes will only help you to find the goals that you know are meant to come true for you. Keep believing in yourself.” – Unknown
49. “Self-confidence is the fountainhead of everything else in your life. You draw from it to achieve and build the other areas of your life.” – Bill Andrews
50. “The most important thing is God’s blessing and if you believe in God and you believe in yourself, you have nothing to worry about.” – Mohamed Al-Fayed
Did you enjoy these believe in yourself quotes?
Your brain will always play against you, leading you to experience procrastination, self-doubt, anxiety, negative thinking and so on. But for you to succeed in whatever you do, you need to have a positive attitude.
Self-belief allows you to have the confidence to overcome obstacles and get closer to success. Hopefully, the above quotes will inspire you to believe in yourself, regardless of circumstances.
Did you enjoy these believe in yourself quotes? Which of the quotes resonated with you best? Let us know in the comment section below.
May 5, 2019 8:30 AM EST