Get tuned in with these consciousness quotes.
Many of us find it hard to conceptualize, but a quantum physicist would tell us that time and space are illusions, linear thinking is just a point of view, and everything exists simultaneously.
We only see what we are tuned into the vibration to see.
Tell us your favorite consciousness quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these consciousness quotes?
Experiments in the laboratories echo what spiritual practitioners have been saying for years: Consciousness transcends physical limitations.
We are more than just bodies walking around taking up space on planet earth.
Each of us is imbued with energy and consciousness that allows us to experience physical reality.
What we experience relates directly to our consciousness and beliefs.
As we change our ideas, our consciousness changes, and we see the world differently.
So keep growing and making changes.
When our inner world transforms, the outer world has no choice but to follow.
Mind-blowing consciousness quotes
1. “Consciousness is not in the body; the body is in Consciousness.” — Dan Millman
2. “Consciousness was upon him before he could get out of the way.” — Kingsley Amis
3. “Control of consciousness determines the quality of life.” — Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
4. “The body is in Consciousness; never born; never dies; only changes.” — Dan Millman
5. “Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness.” — Terence McKenna
6. “The quality of your consciousness at this moment is what shapes the future.” — Eckhart Tolle
7. “The ordinary response to atrocities is to banish them from consciousness.” — Judith Lewis Herman
8. “Waking consciousness is dreaming—but dreaming constrained by external reality.” — Oliver Sacks
9. “The consciousness of self is the greatest hindrance to the proper execution of all physical action.” — Bruce Lee
10. “You are not limited to this body, to this mind, or to this reality—you are a limitless ocean of Consciousness, imbued with infinite potential.” — Joseph P. Kauffman
Consciousness quotes from Alan Watts and Carl Jung
11. “There’s no coming to consciousness without pain.” ― Carl Gustav Jung
12. “A group experience takes place on a lower level of consciousness than the experience of an individual.” — C.G. Jung
13. “Our normal sense of the person as a lonely island of consciousness, is a dramatic illusion based on theological imagery.” — Alan Watts
14. “We are at war between consciousness and nature, between the desire for permanence and the fact of flux. It is ourself against ourselves.” — Alan Watts
15. “All I’m saying is that minerals are just a rudimentary form of consciousness whereas the other people are saying that consciousness is a complicated form of minerals.” — Alan Watts
16. “If, therefore, I have a so-called collective experience as a member of a group, it takes place on a lower level of consciousness than if I had the experience by myself alone.” — C.G. Jung
17. “I believe that if this state of consciousness could become more universal, the pretentious nonsense which passes for the serious business of the world would dissolve in laughter.” — Alan Watts
18. “We must see that consciousness is neither an isolated soul nor the mere function of a single nervous system but of that totality of interrelated stars and galaxies which makes a nervous system possible.” — Alan Watts
19. “As the fish doesn’t know water, people are ignorant of space. Consciousness is concerned only with changing and varying details; it ignores constants-especially constant backgrounds. Thus only very exceptional people are aware of what is basic to everything.” — Alan Watts
20. “Like too much alcohol, self-consciousness makes us see ourselves double, and we make the double image for two selves—mental and material, controlling and controlled, reflective and spontaneous. Thus instead of suffering we suffer about suffering and suffer about suffering about suffering.” — Alan Watts
Enlightened consciousness quotes from physicists and other great minds
21. “Consciousness cannot be accounted for in physical terms.” — Erwin Schrödinger
22. “Relationships are steppingstones for the evolution of our consciousness.” — Alaric Hutchinson
23. “Consciousness is a mystery that faces the mystery of potential and transforms it into actuality.” — Jordan B. Peterson
24. “For consciousness is absolutely fundamental. It cannot be accounted for in terms of anything else.” — Erwin Schrödinger
25. “With the arrival of humans, it has been said, the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, it the greatest mystery of all.” — V.S. Ramachandran
26. “Meditation is the dissolution of thoughts in Eternal awareness or Pure consciousness without objectification, knowing without thinking, merging finitude in infinity.” — Voltaire
27. “True philosophy must start from the most immediate and comprehensive fact of consciousness: ‘I am life that wants to live, in the midst of life that wants to live.’” — Albert Schweitzer
28. “With every increase in the degree of consciousness, and in proportion to that increase, the intensity of despair increases: the more consciousness the more intense the despair” — Søren Kierkegaard
29. “I tell you solemnly, that I have many times tried to become an insect. But I was not equal even to that. I swear, gentlemen, that to be too conscious is an illness- a real thorough-going illness.” — Fyodor Dostoevsky
30. “Properly speaking, the unconscious is the real psychic; its inner nature is just as unknown to us as the reality of the external world, and it is just as imperfectly reported to us through the data of consciousness as is the external world through the indications of our sensory organs.” — Sigmund Freud
Deep consciousness quotes to consider about life
31. “Consciousness is only possible through change; change is only possible through movement.” — Aldous Huxley
32. “You are here to evolve and make your consciousness high. You are here to dance, sing and celebrate life.” — Amit Ray
33. “This consciousness that is myself of selves, that is everything, and yet is nothing at all – what is it?” — Julian Jaynes
34. “When our consciousness has become a haven of illusions, our mind may have a hard time to fight the maze in our thinking.” — Erik Pevernagie
35. “And you are that Consciousness – no the phantom mind that troubles you so. You are the body, but you are everything else, too.” — Dan Millman
36. “I don’t believe that consciousness is generated by the brain. I believe that the brain is more of a reciever of consciousness.” — Graham Hancock
37. “Consciousness grows independent of the ordinary senses. You see without assistance from the eyes, over distances beyond the visual horizon.” — Charles A. Lindbergh
38. “Consciousness, unprovable by scientific standards, is forever, then, the impossible phantom in the predictable biologic machine, and your every thought a genuine supernatural event.” — Alan Moore
39. “How remarkable we are in our ability to hide things from ourselves – our conscious minds only a small portion of our actual minds, jellyfish floating on a vast dark sea of knowing and deciding.” — Andrew Sean Greer
40. “Life becomes, then, an intricate maneuvering ground for walking a fine line between sound connectedness and crumbling consciousness, between unflinching cohesion and atomizing fragmentation.” — Erik Pevernagie
Consciousness quotes that make you think
41. “I’ve come to think that happiness isn’t really produced by conscious accomplishments.” — David Brooks
42. “Man moves in a world that is nothing more or less than his consciousness objectified.” — Neville Goddard
43. “We are the cosmos made conscious, and life is the means by which the universe understands itself.” — Brian Cox
44. “You keep it filed in a drawer of your consciousness, like a short story that never worked after the opening lines.” — Hilary Mantel
45. “Thinking is learning all over again how to see, directing one’s consciousness, making of every image a privileged place.” — Albert Camus
46. “Happiness is a measure of how thickly the unconscious parts of our minds are intertwined with other people and with activities.” — David Brooks
47. “We may seek, too, a relaxing of inhibitions that makes it easier to bond with each other, or transports that make our consciousness of time and mortality easier to bear.” — Oliver Sacks
48. “The immense fulfillment of the friendship between those engaged in furthering the evolution of consciousness has a quality impossible to describe.” — Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
49. “We should recognize that nonhuman organisms need not meet every new definition of human language, tool use, mind, or consciousness in order to have versions of their own that are worthy of serious study.” — Sue Savage-Rumbaugh
50. “One single second, one single landscape, in which what happens activates and deactivates what has already happened in endless chain reactions, like the processes that take place in the brain, perhaps, where cells suddenly bloom and die away, all according to the way the winds of consciousness are blowing.” — Karl Ove Knausgård
Self-awareness is a mystery
We know where our “brain” is physically located, but where is our “mind” located?
What keeps our hearts and brains working?
They often teach us to perceive linearly and to believe everything has a beginning, middle, and end.
In our physical reality, everything we see supports this concept, including in our lives.
However, some, like writer Dan Millman, suggest that “Consciousness is not in the body, the body is in Consciousness.”
Our physical experience is a projection of our consciousness, which is non-physical.
Famed physicist Erwin Schrödinger proclaimed, “Consciousness cannot be accounted for in physical terms.”
The notion of us having always existed and always existing can be troublesome for our minds to comprehend.
However, as we grow in consciousness, we will begin to better understand our place in the universe and perhaps one day crack the code of our consciousness.
Don’t forget to share this article on social media with all your friends who love mind-boggling thoughts!