Stand tall and forge your own path with our don’t chase people quotes.
What does it mean to chase people?
Aside from the obvious idea of chasing people in a race or during an athletic competition, chasing people involves going after someone you are attracted to.
It does not have to be a romantic relationship; sometimes, we chase friendships, acquaintances, or job opportunities.
Chasing is pursuing someone or putting in the effort to get the attention of someone.
How do I know if I am chasing someone?
You can look for several signs if you are concerned you are chasing someone.
Below are some signs indicating someone is chasing another person:
- You repeatedly call and text them, but they seldom reply.
- You do the things they want to do even when you’d prefer not to.
- You force yourself to agree with their opinions and laugh at their jokes.
- You rearrange your life for their convenience.
One of the illusions we must navigate through is accepting that we cannot control things.
Do not chase relationships; allow them to occur naturally
It is natural for us to pursue the things, people, and relationships we want.
However, when we try to force these types of things, we can end up hurting ourselves.
Our lives improve when we stop chasing people and things we do not need.
Each of us is like a magnet; we attract different energies into our lives.
Our true friends will naturally gravitate toward us.
When we stop chasing relationships that are unlikely to manifest, we make room for what is naturally aligned with our authentic selves.
Check out our powerful don’t chase people quotes below for more inspiration.
Short don’t chase people quotes
These quotes get right to the point when it comes to chasing people.
1. “Don’t chase people. Chase your dreams.” — Sam Gilbert
2. “Be like a tree and let the dead leaves drop.” — Rumi
3. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” — Audrey Hepburn
4. “Wishes didn’t come true when you chased after a star.” ― Denise M. Jones, Montgomery’s Diary
5. “Don’t chase someone. Build yourself, then let them chase you.” — Megha
6. “Don’t chase people. Because the right person who really belongs to you will come and stay!” — Jahidul Islam
7. “Two things you will never have to chase: true friends and true love.” — Mandy Hale
8. “People come and go. But life is simply about seeing who cares enough to stay.” ― Ziad K. Abdelnour
9. “I’m not chasing; I’ve got no need to be. I love life, living each day as it will be the last.” — Abraham Hicks
10. “True love is not a hide-and-seek game; in true love, both lovers seek each other.” — Michael Bassey Johnso
You will also enjoy our article on I don’t chase quotes.
Don’t chase people quotes about chasing someone who doesn’t want you
You cannot force something to happen, do not waste time chasing those who do not want you.
11. “Happiness doesn’t have to be chased; it merely has to be chosen.” ― Mandy Hale, The Single Woman
12. “Observe the behavior of the butterfly, and chase no one, for they will only elude you.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson, Song of a Nature Lover
13. “If you know how to attract people with the right attitude, you don’t need to chase them.” — Anonymous
14. “I’m not chasing, nor am I running away. I’m not hiding, not afraid to stay on my own.” — Anonymous
15. “If you don’t love yourself, you’ll always be chasing after people who don’t love you either.” — Joubert Botha
16. “If you’re spending your entire early 20s chasing the next party, what are you running away from?” ― Demi Lovato
17. “If you can’t figure out where you stand with someone, it might be time to stop standing and start walking.” — Anonymous
18. “My dreams are not always with me. They can leave anytime, but I am the one who keeps on chasing them.” ― Munia Khan
19. “Equanimity is the hallmark of spirituality. It is neither chasing nor avoiding but just being in the middle.” ― Amit Ray, Meditation
20. “Don’t waste your time chasing butterflies. Mend your garden, and the butterflies will come.” — Mario Quintana
Don’t chase people quotes to help you be yourself
You will get further in life chasing your dreams than you will get chasing people.
21. “Chasing a person doesn’t give you value or build values in you. You earn your value by chasing morality and practicing dignity.” ― Shannon L. Alder
22. “Dignity will only happen when you realize that having someone in your life doesn’t validate your worth.” ― Shannon L. Alder
23. “On your journey to your dream, be ready to face oases and deserts. In both cases, don’t stop.” — Paulo Coelho
24. “You are hurrying to the sweet place, to the nonsense chasing your spirit. And in the nonsense, you look for answers.” ― Dejan Stojanovic, Circling: 1978-1987
25. “I was chasing a job title only to find my life had no balance.” ― Andrea Bain, Single Girl Problems
26. “There are only a few things that are more entertaining than watching a cat trying to run across a freshly waxed wood floor after a ball.” ― David C Holley, Write like no one is reading
27. “Sometimes it’s better to just let things be, let people go, don’t fight for closure, don’t ask for explanations, don’t chase answers, and don’t expect people to understand where you’re coming from. ” — Rania Naim
28. “Stop begging and fighting for people to love you the right way. Stop investing time in people who don’t mind if you stay or leave.” — Reyna Biddy
29. “My eyes closed, hands open. Take it, take it. Then, every day wasted chasing it.” ― Laura Kasischke, Space, in Chains
30. “Your life will get better when you realize it’s better to be alone than to chase people who don’t really care about you.” — Thema Davis
Don’t chase people quotes about love
Love is something people chase rather than allowing it to come naturally. These quotes remind us to trust our life’s synchronicity.
31. “I no longer chase anything or anyone.” — S. McNutt
32. “One does not have the energy to chase what is not for me.” — S. Mcnutt
33. “I work for what I want, and I remain patient while going after it.” — S. Mcnutt
34. “Let the people who naturally gravitate to you enjoy your energy.” ― Dru Edmund Kucherera
35. “You are entitled to have permanent people in your life, those you don’t have to chase.” — Ivee Lou
36. “Don’t chase people. Don’t chase relationships. Don’t beg for honesty. Don’t beg for love.” — Ivee Lou
37. “Watching grown men run around in tights and chasing an oddly shaped ball is not really my thing.” ― Steven Magee
38. “Stop chasing people. If they block you, cut off contact with you, or ignore you, let them go.” ― Dru Edmund Kucherera
39. “Sometimes the thing that’s chasing me does so most effectively by leading me to believe that I’m chasing it.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
40. “We create our future by chasing our dreams, and it’s what we become in the pursuit of our dreams that makes the journey worth it.” ― Dee Waldeck
Other insightful don’t chase me quotes
Sometimes we have to set boundaries and let people know we do not wish to be chased.
41. “Chasing people leads to dead ends, chasing dreams leads to happiness.” — Anonymous
42. “Life is too short for me to run miles for people who don’t take steps for me.” — S. Mcnutt
43. “You are entitled to have genuine relationships, those you don’t have to guess your standing.” — Ivee Lou
44. “Chasing people is only good for you when you are playing football.” — Anonymous
45. “So-called friends who want to go can go. Lovers who have forgotten how to love me can go.” — S. Mcnutt
46, “We spend so much time begging people to stay, “proving our worth,” clinging to them so that they won’t have room to leave.” ― Dru Edmund Kucherera
47. “Honesty is a gift presented by someone who chooses to honor you with it. Love is something that finds you and something that you will find in all of these.” — Ivee Lou
48. “Cherish the people who want to talk to you, who want to see you, who are there by choice, and not there because you chased them every time they decided to bail on you” ― Dru Edmund Kucherera
49. “When you chase someone, you automatically repel them, but when you are truly being yourself, you will automatically attract the people into your life who will truly matter.” — Anonymous
50. “Once we get the things we are striving for, we rarely remain satisfied. The things are just the bait. Chasing after them forces us to evolve, and it is the evolution and not the rewards themselves that matters to us and to those around us. This means that for most people, success is struggling and evolving as effectively as possible.” ― Ray Dalio, Principles
51. “Don’t chase anyone. Keep raising the bar. The one who matches your vibe, will be with you.” ― Hiral Nagda
52. “There are a few principles that I have come to practice and follow in my life. And one of these principles is to not chase anyone in my life.” ― Avijeet Das
53. “Do not chase people. Work hard and be you. The right people who belong in your life you and stay. Do your thing.” ― Will Smith
54. “Never chase a lie. Let it alone, and it will run itself to death.” — Lyman Beecher
55. “So many people spend their lives chasing money and end up as the richest men in the cemetery. I don’t want to be like that.” — Ross Perot
56. “Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” — Zig Ziglar
57. “If it’s not drinking, it’s gambling; if it’s not gambling, it’s eating anything from burgers, doughnuts to M&Ms. The only addiction I don’t suffer from is chasing women.” — John Daly
58. “Stand up, and prove them wrong.” — Selena Gomez
59. “Stop trying to fit in when you were born to stand out.” — Dr. Seuss
60. “He’ll get tired of chasing someone who doesn’t chase back!” — Billy Ray Cyrus
Chase your dreams, not people
It is easy to forget to prioritize our happiness.
Self-love is essential for any relationship.
Our first relationship is our relationship with ourselves; if we cannot give ourselves the love we are worthy of, we cannot share that love with another.
Sometimes we chase people, thinking that attaining a relationship with them will guarantee our happiness, but this is a myth.
When we pursue our dreams, we naturally align ourselves with the people, relationships, and opportunities that reflect our authentic nature.
Obsessing over anything is unhealthy; obsessing over a person can be dangerous. Anytime we base our worth on someone else’s opinion, we give our power away.
Recent studies found that “unhealthy relationships may contribute to a toxic internal environment that can lead to stress, depression, anxiety, and even medical problems.”
Do you have any other favorite don’t chase people quotes and sayings?
Please, be sure to let us know in the comments below.