These inspirational I don’t chase quotes are perfect for keeping you focused on achieving what you want.
When you have goals and dreams that you wish to achieve, don’t be swayed by the “easier” path or being comfortable.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Instead, stay the course and stop chasing!
Here are some ways to avoid chasing the “easy” things instead of the things that matter:
- Write down your values and what you want in life, and look at them daily.
- Accept that “easy” is not necessarily “good” and stay the course.
- If you chase, when will you stop? If you are a “chaser,” you will never have an end destination. Know what you want and go for it.
- Don’t let the negativity of others or negative thoughts prevent you from living your life and pursuing things vital to you.
Read these I don’t chase quotes to learn more about staying true to yourself.
Top I Don’t Chase Quotes to Stay the Course
Let these quotes motivate you to quit chasing and stay on course.
1. “Stay the course.” — John Gresham Machen
2. “Imitation is suicide.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. “I no longer chase anything or anyone.” — S. McNutt
4. “Follow your dreams; they know the way.” — Kobe Yamada
5. “Person who chases two rabbits catches neither.” — Confucius
6. “You don’t have to put an age limit on your dreams.” — Dara Torres
7. “You will never find time for anything. You must make it.” — Charles Buxton
8. “Press on. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.” — Ray Kroc
9. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” — Oprah
10. “The only thing worse than starting something and failing… is not starting.” — Seth Godin
I Don’t Chase Quotes About Not Conforming
Resist the pressure to conform to society with the following quotes.
11. “Don’t chase people. Chase your dreams.” — Sam Gilbert
12. “I was chasing a job title only to find my life had no balance.” ― Andrea Bain
13. “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” — Coco Chanel
14. “The opposite of bravery is not cowardice but conformity.” — Dr. Robert Anthony
15. “Not being yourself is the worst form of self-disrespect.” — Mokokoma Mokhonoana
16. “Those not chasing their dreams should stay out of the way of those who are.” — Tim Fargo
17. “I don’t give a damn what others say. It’s okay to color outside the lines.” — Jimi Hendrix
18. “I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself.” — Rita Mae Brown
19. “Stay the course. When thwarted, try again, harder, smarter. Persevere relentlessly.” — John Wooden
20. “Love what you do and do what you love. Don’t listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it.” — Ray Bradbury
I Don’t Chase Quotes to Live on Your Own Terms
Live the life you want and stay the course with help from these quotes.
21. “Be yourself, do your own thing, and work hard.” — Will Smith
22. “Don’t give up on your dreams, or your dreams will give up on you.” — John Wooden
23. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” — Walt Disney
24. “Freedom began on the day the first sheep wandered away from the herd.” — Marty Rubin
25. “Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” — Zig Ziglar
26. “I don’t focus on what I’m up against. I focus on my goals, and I try to ignore the rest.” — Venus Williams
27. “A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work.” — Colin Powell
28. “On your journey to your dream, be ready to face oases and deserts. In both cases, don’t stop.” — Paulo Coelho
29. “Don’t waste your time chasing butterflies. Mend your garden, and the butterflies will come.” — Mario Quintana
30. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allows yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.” — Harvey Fierstein
You will also enjoy our article on uninspiring quotes.
I Don’t Chase Quotes About People and Society
People and society will always want to change you. However, these quotes will help you stick to your own path.
31. “Two things you will never have to chase: true friends and true love.” — Mandy Hale
32. “Never chase a lie. Let it alone, and it will run itself to death.” — Lyman Beecher
33. “Life is too short for me to run miles for people who don’t take steps for me.” — S. Mcnutt
34. “Don’t chase people. Because the right person who really belongs to you will come and stay!” — Jahidul Islam
35. “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).” — Mark Twain
36. “Never be ashamed. There’s some who will hold it against you, but they are not worth bothering with.” — J.K. Rowling
37. “I can’t imagine a person becoming a success who doesn’t give this game of life everything he’s got.” — Walter Cronkite
38. “Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens, we have to keep going back and beginning all over again.” — Andre Gide
39. “Don’t try to change anybody. And they should let you by yourself, ‘You loved me when you met me, so let’s keep going!’” — Willie Nelson
40. “So many people spend their lives chasing money and end up as the richest men in the cemetery. I don’t want to be like that.” — Ross Perot
More I Don’t Chase Quotes to Inspire You
Find inspiration to pursue your authentic values, missions, and dreams with the following quotes.
41. “Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” — Sam Levenson
42. “Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men.” — Goethe
43. “It is better to risk starving to death than surrender. If you give up on your dreams, what’s left?” — Jim Carrey
44. “Determination gives you the resolve to keep going in spite of the roadblocks that lay before you.” — Denis Waitley
45. “You simply have to put one foot in front of the other and keep going. Put blinders on and plow right ahead.” — George Lucas
46. “Don’t use all your health to chase after wealth, only to spend all your wealth later to get back your health.” — Joseph Prince
47. “Stop looking for permission to pursue your dreams. They are your dreams, and you don’t need a cosigner to chase them.” — Eric Thomas
48. “To be oneself, and unafraid whether right or wrong, is more admirable than the easy cowardice of surrender to conformity.” — Irving Wallace
49. “Expose your ideas to the danger of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of ‘crackpot’ than the stigma of conformity.” — Thomas J. Watson
50. “The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don’t let them put you in that position.” — Leo Buscaglia
Why Chasing Is a Bad Habit
You can never accomplish anything when you are willing to chase everything.
Chasing happiness, love, money, or anything else won’t fulfill you.
What will fulfill you is accomplishing the things in life that are important to you.
Please share these I don’t chase quotes with your friends and family and post any comments about chasing things in the comment section below.