If you give up when things get hard, you aren’t going to find the success you’re after.
These keep pushing quotes will motivate you to fight through when things are tough.
Life is full of challenges and struggles.
You may also enjoy our article on:
Those that succeed at life and business have learned how to keep going even when things aren’t going well.
They don’t allow the setbacks and obstacles to cause them to give up and throw in the towel.
Instead, they learn that failures and obstacles are the things that lead to success.
If you are ready to start overcoming difficult times to find success, these keep pushing quotes can help keep you going.
For more inspiration, also check out these inspirational Creed II quotes that will inspire you to channel your inner champion.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Check out more inspirational quotes on our motivational quotes category page.
Keep pushing quotes about failure
- “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
You will also enjoy our article on Motivational Quotes of the Day.
2. “Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, only this time more wisely.” — Henry Ford
You will also enjoy our article on motivational work quotes.
3. “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” ― Paulo Coelho
You will also enjoy our article on hard times quotes.
4. “Once you choose hope, anything’s possible.” – Christopher Reeve
You will also enjoy our article on never give up quotes.
5. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
You will also enjoy our article on tough times.
6. “When we give ourselves permission to fail, we, at the same time, give ourselves permission to excel.” — Eloise Ristad
You will also enjoy our article on failure quotes.
7. “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” – Robert Kennedy
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about being strong.
8. “I’ve come to believe that all my past failure and frustrations were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy.” — Tony Robbins
You will also enjoy our article on journey quotes.
9. “It is impossible to live without failing at something unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all – in which case, you fail by default.” ― J.K. Rowling
You will also enjoy our article on adversity quotes.
10. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” ― Maya Angelou
Keeppushing quotes about being positive
11. “This is one of the most important themes I want you to take from me: Stay as positive and upbeat as you can possibly be. I’ll say it many times: if you can dream it, you can be it.” – John Calipari
You will also enjoy our article on finish strong quotes.
12. “Be of good cheer. Do not think of today’s failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourself a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find a joy in overcoming obstacles.” – Helen Keller
13. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
You will also enjoy our article on Monday motivation quotes.
14. “Take a limitation and turn it into an opportunity. Take an opportunity and turn it into an adventure by dreaming BIG!” – Jo Franz
You will also enjoy our article on I’m tired quotes.
15. “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers, you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
You will also enjoy our article on drive and determination quotes.
16. “I don’t think anything is unrealistic if you believe you can do it.” – Mike Ditka
You will also enjoy our article on badass quotes.
17. “Life keeps throwing me stones. And I keep finding the diamonds.” – Ana Claudia Antunes
You will also enjoy our article on everything will be okay quotes.
18. “Your attitude is critical to success. If you expect things to be difficult, it will always be easier to solve problems, overcome adversity, and have an enthusiastic energy about how you go about and enjoy your work.” – Nick Saban (see more Nick Saban quotes)
19. “I believe one of my strengths is my ability to keep negative thoughts out. I am an optimist.” – John Wooden
20. “Because some people see a wall, and assume that’s the end of their journey. Others see it, and decide it’s just the beginning.” – Angeline Trevena
21. “Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive, good things and good people will be drawn to you.” – Mary Lou Retton
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out our collection of running quotes to motivate you to stay active.
Keeppushing quotes to find success
22. “Hang on to your hat. Hang on to your hope. And wind the clock, for tomorrow is another day.” – E.B. White
23. “With confidence, you have won before you have started.” – Marcus Garvey
24. “Life’s battles don’t always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can.” – Vince Lombardi
25. “Success is what comes after you stop making excuses.” – Luis Galarza
26. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” — Michael Jordan
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check out these inspirational challenge quotes about tough times in life, work and love.
27. “There’s nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.” – Woody Hayes
28. “Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” —Sam Levenson
29. “Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.” — Winston Churchill
30. “At some point, you just have to decide you’re going to be confident. Then, as you do, you’re going to have more success.” – Mike Leach
31. “Show me someone who has done something worthwhile, and I’ll show you someone who has overcome adversity.” – Lou Holtz
32. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of I tried quotes for success in life.
Keep pushing quotes for difficult times
33. “Fire is the test of gold; adversity, of strong men.” – Martha Graham
34. “Press forward. Do not stop, do not linger in your journey, but strive for the mark set before you.” —George Whitefield
35. “And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” – Haruki Murakami
36. “The most beautiful people I’ve known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.” – Elizabeth Kübler-Ross
37. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” — George Addair
38. “If you are facing a new challenge or being asked to do something that you have never done before don’t be afraid to step out. You have more capability than you think you do but you will never see it unless you place a demand on yourself for more.” – Joyce Meyer
39. “We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.” – Kenji Miyazawa
40. “We don’t develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” – Barbara De Angelis
41. “Difficult roads always lead to beautiful destinations.” – Zig Ziglar
Don’t forget to also check out these warrior quotes on having an unbeatable mind.
Keeppushing quotes because adversity makes you better
42. “Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records.” – William Arthur Ward
43. “There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time.” – Malcolm X
44. “When adversity strikes, that’s when you have to be the most calm, take a step back, stay strong, stay grounded and press on.” – LL Cool J
45. “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” – C.S. Lewis
46. “There is no education like adversity.” – Benjamin Disraeli
47. “Real champions fight through adversity.” – Conor McGregor
48. “Any man can win when things go his way, it’s the man who overcomes adversity that is the true champion.” – Jock Ewing
49. “Opportunities to find deeper powers within ourselves come when life seems most challenging.” – Joseph Campbell
50. “Hard times don’t create heroes. It is during the hard times when the ‘hero’ within us is revealed.” – Bob Riley
You might also like these perseverance quotes that inspire patience.
51. “You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing.” – Rene Descartes
52. “I stay true to myself and my style, and I am always pushing myself to be aware of that and be original.” – Aaliyah
Keep pushing quotes to help you push on
53. “Push yourself to the edge of your limits. That’s how they expand.” – Robin Sharma
54. “Keep positive and keep pushing on and things will turn good.” – Conor McGregor
55. “Our best years are only ahead of us, so we got to continue to keep pushing.” – Kevin Durant
56. “It takes true strength of character to redefine your limits by pushing past them.” – Katherine Reutter
57. “I want to keep pushing myself so I never feel settled. I don’t really know if it’s going to end up working. I’m stressed out most of the time.” – Selena Gomez
58. “I like people who are able to keep pushing themselves and challenging themselves even after great success.” – John C. Reilly
59. “When you hear that something can’t be done, ignore that advice and push forward.” – Robert Kiyosaki
60. “Change equals self-improvement. Push yourself to places you haven’t been before.” – Pat Summitt
Don’t forget to also check out these Wednesday quotes for hump day motivation & inspiration.
More Keep pushing quotes and sayings
61. “Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way. And don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines.” – Leroy Satchel Paige
62. “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” – T.S. Eliot
63. “Never give in. Never, never, never.” – Winston Churchill
64. “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” – Newt Gingrich
65. “Use what you’ve been through as fuel, believe in yourself and be unstoppable!” – Yvonne Pierre
66. “You have to accept whatever comes, and the only important thing is that you meet it with the best you have to give.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
67. “The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests.” – Epictetus
68. “No matter what happens, it is within my power to turn it to my advantage.” – Epictetus
69. “It doesn’t matter how slow you go, as long as you don’t stop.” – Confucius
70. “One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged.” – Lucille Ball
Thought-provoking keep going quotes
71. “Difficulties increase the nearer we approach our goal.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
72. “Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.” – Susan Gale
73. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” – Og Mandino
74. “Never give up. Never give in. Never become hostile… Hate is too big a burden to bear.” – John Lewis
75. “Never give up. You only get one life. Go for it!” – Richard E. Grant
76. “Never give up. Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine.” – Jack Ma
77. “Never stop trying. Never stop believing. Never give up. Your day will come.” – Mandy Hale
78. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
79. “If you stop, you’ll lose everything. You’ve got to keep going.” – Greyson Chance
80. “Even if I don’t finish, we need others to continue. It’s got to keep going.” – Terry Fox
Encouraging keep pushing quotes
81. “Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal.” – Nathan Chen
82. “Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action.” – William James
83. “Where God guides, He provides. No matter how things look, God is still in control. Stay in peace and be hopeful. Your blessing is coming soon.” – Germany Kent
84. “Perseverance means keep pushing.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
85. “Go to your desire and don’t hang around here.” – Jack Kerouac
86. “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” – Vince Lombardi
87. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas A. Edison
88. “My attitude has always been, if you fall flat on your face, at least you’re moving forward. All you have to do is get back up and try again.” – Richard Branson
89. “Never let go of that fiery sadness called desire.” – Patti Smith
90. “You’ll never find a better sparring partner than adversity.” – Walt Schmidt
Additional keep pushing quotes to keep you motivated during tough times
91. “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
92. “Never give up on your dreams, no matter how painful and difficult your journey is.” – Lisa
93. “Never give up on what you really want to do.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
94. “You simply have to put one foot in front of the other and keep going.” – George Lucas
95. “In life, you have got to make the best of every situation; you have to keep going.” – John Daly
96. “Things aren’t always easy, but you just have to keep going and don’t let the small stuff bog you down.” – Stella Maeve
97. “You can’t stop getting older; you just have to keep going and laugh a lot.” – Anita Dobson
98. “You don’t stop living because bad things happen. You keep going.” – Gina Neely
99. “Also, stick around. Don’t lose your heart, just keep going, keep at it.” – Mark Ruffalo
100. “Failure is a bend in the road, not the end of the road. Learn from failure and keep moving forward.” – Roy T. Bennett
Keep pushing quotes about persevering
101. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pele
102. “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.” – Marie Curie
103. “Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.” – John Quincy Adams
104. “By perseverance the snail reached the ark.” – Charles Spurgeon
105. “I do not think that there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, even nature.” – John D. Rockefeller
106. “If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius.” – Joseph Addison
107. “Through perseverance many people win success out of what seemed destined to be certain failure.” – Benjamin Disraeli
108. “Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.” – Walter Elliot
109. “Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.” – Samuel Johnson
110. “Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.” Are you ready to push through?” – Julie Andrews
Keep pushing quotes to inspire you to never give up
111. “Failure is success in progress.” – Albert Einstein
112. “Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.” – Bill Bradley
113. “Successful men and women keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
114. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
115. “How long should you try? Until.” – Jim Rohn
116. “If you never give up, you’ll be successful.” – Dan O’Brien
117. “I am a slow walker, but I never walk back.” – Abraham Lincoln
118. “If you ever think about giving up, remember why you held on for so long.” – Hayley Williams
119. “Always work hard, never give up, and fight until the end because it’s never really over until the whistle blows.” – Alex Morgan
120. “Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.” – Marilyn Vos Savant
Keep Pushing Quotes To Encourage You Not To Give Up
121. “Life is hard enough. Life is always going to be hard, so you need to push for what you want.” — Dizzee Rascal
122. “It depends on you, to keep pushing forward until you win or give in. Always choose the former.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
123. “Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength.” — Theodore Roosevelt
124. “Your hardest times often lead to the greatest moments of your life. Keep going. Tough situations build strong people in the end.” — Roy T. Bennett
125. “I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” — Michael Jordan
126. “A quitter never wins and a winner never quits.” — Napoleon Hill
127. “If you are willing to do only what’s easy, life will be hard. But if you are willing to do what’s hard, life will be easy.” — T. Harv Eker
128. “If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.” — Martin Luther King Jr
129. “For every reason it’s not possible, there are hundreds of people who have faced the same circumstances and succeeded.” — Jack Canfield
130. “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get back up.” — Vince Lombardi
Keep Pushing Quotes To Encourage You to Endure Tough Times
131. “Don’t resist the growing pains, push through them.” ― Germany Kent
132. “Everything ends. You just have to figure out a way to push to the finish line.” ― Jesse Itzler
133. “Faith moves mountains, but you have to keep pushing while you are praying.” ― Mason Cooley
134. “I like to push myself to achieve a certain quality, eliminate the excess detail. I always want a high degree of purity.” ― Elsa Peretti
135. “You just keep pushing yourself harder and harder to achieve more and more. I don’t think it’s ever quite as glamorous as it appears on the outside.” ― Sean Parker
136. “We generate fears when we sit. We overcome them when we take action.” ― DR. HENRY LINK
137. “Keep pushing forward even when it seems like things will never change.” ― Germany Kent
138. “Gorgeous avenues gets lined up for you in the unseen when you keep pushing relentlessly through the pain, discomfort and challenges.” ― Hiral Nagda
139. “Though we may not have reached the heights we anticipated yesterday, today is a brand new day to begin a new climb.” ― Chinonye J. Chidolue
140. “If you work hard, remain self-motivated, driven and committed, you will see results.” ― Germany Kent
Keep Pushing Quotes To Encourage You To Move Towards Your Dreams
141. “When people try to discredit you, just remember who you are and whose you are. Raise your head high and keep pushing.” – Germany Kent
142. “We just keep pushing until we can do it.” — Bobby Boland
143. “If things don’t work out the way you want, hold your head up high and be proud. And try again. And again. And again!” — Sarah Dessen
144. “I’m always looking forward, and I try to continue to push myself and to do the best that I can.” — Aleksandar Mitrovic
145. “Dreams don’t have to just be dreams. You can make it a reality; if you just keep pushing and keep trying, then eventually you’ll reach your goal.” — Naomi Osaka
146. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” — Winston Churchill
147. “I am a positive person. I never think of the glass as half empty. I just keep pushing forward.” — Rosie Perez
147. “Don’t turn around. Don’t look back. Keep moving forward. Keep pushing. The pot of gold is at the end of the rainbow, not the beginning.” — Ziad K. Abdelnour
148. “You keep pushing because you believe in yourself and in your vision and you know that it is the right thing to do, and success will come. So don’t be afraid to fail!” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
149. “It’s not about the end goal. It’s about who you become by consistently pushing the edge of your limits.” — Robin S. Sharma
150. “When you fall, get right back up. Just keep going, keep pushing it.” — Lindsey Vonn
Keep Pushing Quotes To Achieve Your Dreams
151. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” ― George Eliot
152. “Winning means you’re willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else.” ― Vince Lombardi
153. “Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action truly brings you closer to your dreams.” ― Brad Sugars
154. “You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” ― Zig Ziglar
155. “Losers quit when they fail. Winners fail until they succeed.” ― Robert T. Kiyosaki
156. “Life’s like a movie, write your own ending. Keep believing, keep pretending.” ― Jim Henson
157. “The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine.” ― Mike Murdock
158. “Whatever you do, never run back to what broke you.” ― Frank Ocean
159. “A winner is a dreamer who never gives up.” ― Nelson Mandela
160. “Everything is hard before it is easy.” ― Goethe
Keep Pushing Quotes on Overcoming Obstacles
161. “There is no such thing as failure, only results.” ― Tony Robbins
162. “When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
163. “You don’t always win your battles, but it’s good to know you fought.” ― John Green
164. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” ― Nelson Mandela
165. “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” ― Margaret Thatcher
166. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” ― Albert Schweitzer
167. “You have within you right now, everything you need to deal with whatever the world can throw at you.” ― Brian Tracy
168. “Every morning we are born again. What we do today matters most.” ― Buddha
169. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” ― C.S. Lewis
170. “If you want to fly, you have to give up the things that weigh you down.” ― Toni Morrison
Keep Pushing Quotes that Perseverance Prevails
171. “I like challenges in life and pushing myself out of my comfort zone.” ― Richard Branson
172. “The only way you find what your limits are is by pushing them.” ― Terri Irwin
173. “The plant is blind but it knows enough to keep pushing upwards towards the light, and it will continue to do this in the face of endless discouragements.” ― George Orwell
174. “I think pushing the ideas is important. I wouldn’t say it’s more important than action. You can’t really separate the two.” ― John Zerzan
175. “I’m really blessed with the people in my life who keep me on track and keep pushing me forward.” ― Patrick J. Adams
176. “I’m always ready and willing to just keep pushing and working and going because it’s in my spirit.” ― Aldis Hodge
177. “If you have no doubt in what you are about to do, you are not pushing yourself hard enough.” ― Silvio Micali
178. “I like to keep pushing myself and trying things out. I get easily bored, so I need a challenge.” ― Felicity Jones
179. “When I’m pushing myself, testing myself, that’s when I’m happiest. That’s when the rewards are greatest.” ― Sissy Spacek
180. “We only get better by pushing ourselves.” ― Tom Aikens
Are you ready to push through?
Life gets tough at times.
It doesn’t matter if you are trying to start a business or get through a conversation with a difficult person, obstacles come in all shapes and sizes.
Some things are harder than others and when you face those it can be too easy to want to give up.
But that won’t lead you to success.
Learning how to push through those times is what’s going to help you keep moving forward and succeed.
Use the quotes listed here to inspire you towards continued action and progress.
Even small steps forward during difficult times keep you moving towards success.
Which of the quotes above resonated with you best?
Do you have any other inspirational keep pushing quotes to add?
Feel free to share with us in the comment section below.
January 28, 2023 5:00 AM EST