I’m Done Quotes For Never Looking Back
February 28, 2023 5:00 AM EST
These quotes about being done with someone or something will give you the courage to walk away.
There’s only so much someone can take before they finally quit.
You’ll love this list of inspirational quotes if you’ve ever been fed up before and said, “I’m done!”
You may also enjoy our article on:
A study by the American Psychological Association found that people who can set and enforce clear boundaries in their personal and professional lives experience a sense of control over their own circumstances.
I’m done quotes that encourage you to stand up for yourself and assert your own needs and values can be an effective way to cultivate this kind of assertiveness and self-confidence.
When you’re done trying and ready to give up, take a deep breath and read these words of wisdom first.
Don’t forget to check out these looking back quotes!
How do you say I’m done with you?
It’s important to never give up on your dreams, but it’s also an essential skill to know when to walk away from something that no longer serves you.
Let these I’m done quotes give you the confidence you need to set healthy boundaries instead of just being pissed off.
Finding the right words to end a friendship or relationship can be difficult.
This collection of quotes about being done with someone will help clarify your situation.
You always have the power to stand up for yourself and say, “I’m done.”
Don’t forget to check out these being-used quotes for when you’ve been taken advantage of.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has all of our motivational quotes for all the different areas of life.
I’m done quotes for never looking back
Research from the University of Texas at Austin suggests that forgiveness and letting go of grudges can be a powerful tool for reducing stress and promoting positive relationships with others.
I’m done quotes that help you move past hurt, and resentment can be a valuable tool for cultivating this kind of emotional resilience and well-being.
1. “I’m tired of trying to get other people to see into my brain. I’m done.” – Todd McFarlane
You will also enjoy our article on I’m sorry quote.
2. “Every time I say I’m done I find myself trying again.” – Kaye Gurrea
You will also enjoy our article on letting go quotes.
3. “It’s sad to know I’m done. But looking back, I’ve got a lot of great memories.” – Bonnie Blair
You will also enjoy our article on I’m tired quotes.
4. “When a thing is done, it’s done. Don’t look back. Look forward to your next objective.” – George C. Marshall
You will also enjoy our article on everything will be okay quotes.
5. “But I’ve got more to learn, too. I don’t feel like I’m done or I know it all.” – Gary Sinise
You will also enjoy our article on thinking of you quotes.
6. “I’m guilty of giving people more chances than they deserve but when I’m done, I’m done.” – Turcois Ominek
You will also enjoy our article on being used quotes.
7. “I’m done with rules that are there just to be rules.” – Brad Paisley
You will also enjoy our article on I deserve better quotes.
8. “I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done.” – Lucille Ball
You will also enjoy our article on disappointment quotes.
9. “Maybe in my 20s I was a little more lively. But I’m done with that.” – Peter Dinklage
You will also enjoy our article on I miss you quotes.
10. “I’m not done with love, but I refuse to settle.” – Halle Berry
You will also enjoy our article on “when one door closes, another door opens” quotes
I’m done quotes that will give you the courage to walk away
Research from the University of Pennsylvania suggests that people who can let go of past mistakes or regrets are more likely to experience peace and contentment in their lives.
I’m done quotes that help you release negative feelings or attachment to the past can effectively cultivate this kind of emotional acceptance and inner peace.
11. “I don’t stop when I’m tired. I only stop when I’m done.” – Marilyn Monroe
You will also enjoy our article on bad relationship quotes.
12. “Once you give up, you know you’re done.” – Gerald Green
You will also enjoy our article on weight loss quotes.
13. “I look back on my life like a good day’s work, it was done and I am satisfied with it.” – Grandma Moses
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about helping others.
14. “I’m going to be done when I’ve decided that I’m done.” – David Ortiz
You will also enjoy our article on being single quotes.
15. “Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I’ve done it thousands of times.” – Mark Twain
You will also enjoy our article on Fed Up.
16. “I’m done saying ‘I’m sorry I wasn’t who you needed or wanted me to be’ to everybody in my life.” – Diane Lane
You will also enjoy our article on you can do it quotes.
17. “But ‘almost done’ is not done!” – Israelmore Ayivor
You will also enjoy our article on grandma quotes.
18. “Never retreat. Never explain. Get it done and let them howl.” – Benjamin Jowett
You will also enjoy our article on wine quotes.
19. “What’s done cannot be undone.” – Rachel Hartman
20. “There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.” – Peter Drucker
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of enough is enough quotes for pushing life’s limits.
I’m done quotes for when you’re fed up
21. “When we are tired, we are attacked by ideas we conquered long ago.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
You will also enjoy our article on toxic relationships quotes.
22. “I am so tired of rearranging my life around what the stupidest people might do.” – Bill Maher
23. “I’m tired of pretending I’m not special.” – Charlie Sheen
24. “I’m done. Done with social media. Done.” – David Draiman
25. “I’ve done all my tricks. I’m tired of myself.” – Sandra Bullock
26. “After all is said and done, make sure you are not sad and down.” – Gift Gugu Mona
27. “I just can’t break. If I break, I’m done. So I don’t break.” – Hannah Simone
28. “When you think about retiring, you’re done. You already checked out.” – Frank Gore
29. “I’m done with trying to be perfect. A perfect body belongs to somebody else – and it’s not me.” – Geri Halliwell
30. “Once I retire, I’m retiring. I’m done.” – Michael Phelps
I’m done quotes to help you set healthy boundaries
31. “I have never looked back on what I have done. Instead, I am looking for new things to do.” – Amala Akkineni
32. “I’m not gonna say it’s all done, ’cause it ain’t ever all done.” – Dimebag Darrell
33. “Once upon a time, I could sing for three hours. Now, when you see me say ‘I’m done,’ I’m done; ain’t nothing left till the next night.” – Bobby Womack
34. “I think I’m decisive, and I like to get things done quickly. So if that comes across as intimidation, I’m sorry to hear it. But it’s more in the interest of getting things done.” – Anna Wintour
35. “I’m officially done trying. If you want me in your life, you can come find me. Until then, continue treating me like I don’t exist.” – Quinton Riley
36. “I believe that you see something that you want to get done, you cannot give up, and you cannot give in.” – John Lewis
37. “Perfection to me is, I walk away from a situation and say, ‘I did everything I could do right there. There was nothing more that I could do.’ I was a hundred percent, like the meter was at the top. There was nothing else I could have done. You know? Like, I worked as hard as I possibly could have. That’s perfection.” – Drake
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of walk away quotes to help you find the motivation and courage you need to change your life.
38. “When I’m done with something, I’m done. I don’t go back and listen to and pine for my old albums, or the Lollapalooza days, or ‘Psalm 69’ selling millions of records. Maybe I’m really just getting old and mellow.” – Al Jourgensen
39. “I get a little tired of people telling me what might have been. I think I’ve done OK. I don’t dwell on what might have been.” – Ken Griffey Jr.
40. “If you believe in something and have the strength not to give up, it can happen. I am the living proof it can be done.” – Samuel Eto’o
I’m done quotes that will inspire you to action
41. “I’m done with those; regrets are an excuse for people who have failed.” – Ned Vizzini
42. “You can never be satisfied until you are done playing this game. So I’m just working.” – Aaron Donald
43. “I’m one of those people where, if I go back and look at it, I’m going to feel like, ‘I wish I would have… ‘ I need to just leave it on the floor. What’s done is done.” – Regina King
44. “You can only do so much grunting and groaning and then you’re done, you know?” – Craig T. Nelson
45. “I’m done with men… I’m going to be alone. I have no luck with relationships. I don’t think I’m made for marriage.” – Halle Berry
46. “I just wish you knew how much I liked you. But now since you decided to leave I’m done trying. I’m done with you because the last thing I want now is to be with you.” – Andii Sundari
47. “You’re always growing as a coach, and I am not done growing, and hopefully I’m not done winning.” – Doc Rivers
48. “I still miss you and maybe even still like you, but I’m done chasing you.” – Anmol Andore
49. “The fact of the matter is, you don’t give up what’s natural. Anything I’ve fantasized about, I’ve done.” – Ray Charles
50. “I am done with the past, the future has plenty of room for change.” – Cyrile Dayao
Other I’m done quotes and sayings
51. “If you walk away, don’t walk away with something still left in the tank. Then you’re wondering like, ‘Man, what could I have done?’ When I’m done playing, I want to leave it all out on the field.” – Ryan Howard
52. “I definitely am done with as much drama as I can be done with. I don’t think it helps me with any of my business endeavors or the things that I’m excited about.” – Farrah Abraham
53. “People are less likely to think it’s immoral to walk away from their home if they know others who have done so. And if enough people do it, the stigma begins to erode.” – Richard Thaler
54. “Sometimes the only way you can feel good about yourself is by making someone else look bad. And I’m tired of making other people feel good about themselves.” – Dan Castellaneta
55. “If you end your day feeling like you got nothing done, it’s because you weren’t working: you were busy, not productive.” ― Richie Norton
56. “Just because it is not done your way, doesn’t mean it is not right.” ― Charmaine J Forde
57. “The day I made that statement, about inventing the internet, I was tired because I’d been up all night inventing the Camcorder.” – Al Gore
58. “I’m so tired I never want to wake up again. But I’ve figured out now that it was never them that made me feel that way. It was just me, all along.” – Maggie Stiefvater
59. “I never get tired because it ain’t energy that’s being dispensed. It is GOD speaking through me.” – Don King
60. “I am not tired of my work, neither am I tired of the world; yet, when Christ calls me home, I shall go with gladness.” – Adoniram Judson
61. “I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” – Carl Jung
62. “If you want to fly in the sky, you need to leave the earth. If you want to move forward, you need to let go the past that drags you down.” – Amit Ray
63. “A bridge can still be built, while the bitter waters are flowing beneath.” – Anthony Liccione
64. “The beautiful journey of today can only begin when we learn to let go of yesterday.” – Steve Maraboli
65. “We need to learn to let go as easily as we grasp and we will find our hands full and our minds empty.” – Leo F. Buscaglia
I’m Done quotes to draw a line in the sand
66. “It’s over. I’m done. No more trying.” -Nicole Tran
67. “I don’t stop when I’m tired, I stop when I’m done.” -Bruce Lee
68. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” -Alice Walker
69. “I’m done chasing after people if you want to walk out of my life I’ll hold the door open for you.” -Hallie
70. “I pop, I break, I love, and I crave, but when push comes to shove, we’re done.” -Dominic Riccitello
71. “I am fed up. I am fed up with tears and weakness.” -Veronica Roth
72. “I need a little peace now, I can’t handle the situations.” -Pavankumar Nagaraj
73. “Honestly, sometimes I get really fed up of my subconscious – it’s like it’s got a mind of its own.” -Alexei Sayle
74. “I’m fed up with the idiots.” -Sean Connery
75. “People are fed up with seeing the same thing over and over. They want a qualitative change.” -Amitabh Bachchan
I’m done quotes to relate to
76. “I’m done with trying to seek other people’s approval. From here on now it’s just me and approving myself. I’m done.” – Anonymous
77. “I’m done chasing people, I’m done begging theme to stay, no expectations, no regrets. Broken.” – Sushmitha Sravanthi
78. “I’m done living for other people. I’m done being a people pleaser. I’m done thinking about what people think about me.” – Shailene Woodley
79. “Sometimes you have to walk away from people, not because you don’t care, but because they don’t.” – Melchor Lim
80. “When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell
81. – “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” – Herman Hesse
82. “Anyone or anything that is negative, you should walk away from. Make room for all the positives.” – Wendy John
83. “Don’t be afraid to walk away. It’s better to walk away than being taken for granted.” – Unknown
84. “Just pick up your courage and walk away. Don’t waste your time. The longer one drags on, the amount of pain accumulates.” – Dick Hirayama
85. “Sometimes the hardest part isn’t letting go but rather learning to start over.” – Nicole Sobon
86. “The moment you feel like you have to prove your worth to someone is the moment to absolutely and utterly walk away.” – Alysia Harris
I’m done quotes about having the right decision
87. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
88. “I don’t want to say anything derogatory I’m done.” – Ed Rollins
89. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” – Deborah Reber
90. “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.” – Steve Maraboli
91. “I’m so done with people and their statuses loaded with “my life, my attitude or I don’t have an attitude problem…” or whatever the f*ck, just grow up and speak nothing if you really have an attitude.” – Aaliya
92. “Me, my heart and my soul will always be a fighter. I’m not comfortable with saying, ‘I’m done. I quit. I give up.’ That’s the way I am, and that’s the way I always will be. From the day I was born to the day I die, I am a fighter!” – Ken Shamrock
93. “It’s all well and good to look back after the fact and see what we should have done, but we rarely know what path is best when we take that first step.” – Christine Feehan
94. “I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.” – Isoroku Yamamoto
95. “What’s done is done. Whether to you, or by you, and you cannot change it. But what’s not done is not done. And there, both hope and hazard lie.” – Jennifer Donnelly
96. “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.” – Wayne Dyer
More I’m Done Quotes and Sayings
97. “I am done with temporary people. Stay only if you mean it. Don’t make promises you can’t keep!” – Kanushka
98. “You can walk away and say “We don’t need this.” but something in your eyes says “We can beat this.” – Taylor Swift
99. “I’m naturally a nice person. I’m not trying to have any problems with people. I’m done with the drama and trouble. I want a stress-free life.” – Action Bronson
100. “By the time I’m done with a project, it’s taken so long that I usually don’t even like it anymore. I only see the things I wish I’d done differently.” – Sydney Pollack
101. “When I’m retired someday, when I’m done playing football, that’s when I’ll be relaxing and look back at some things.” – Aaron Donald
102. “You can’t get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.” – Jerry West
103. “Sometimes, you have to get angry to get things done.” – Ang Lee
104. “We are immortal until our work on earth is done.” – George Whitefield
105. “Few things as painful as living with the reality of not knowing if they ever really loved you, after it’s all been done and dusted.” – Nitya Prakash
106. “Do what must be done.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
I’m Done Quotes For When You Are Fed Up
107. “I’m done with people, I’m done with life, more you get involved, more you cry, more tears fall, more hearts cry.” ― Shifa Khan
108. “I’m done with trying to keep people in my life.” ― Jeetu Pal
109. “I’m done chasing people, now it’s up to the people whether they’ll be in my story, or just a part of my memory.” ― Shubham Kumar
110. “What’s done it’s done, in choice there are risks!” ― Deyth Banger
111. “I am done with people saying… Why do you only write on love and I am like… Love is the only drug I am addicted to.” ― Parr Winn
112. “There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, ‘Thy will be done,’ and those to whom God says, ‘All right, then, have it your way.” ― C.S. Lewis
113. “I’m Done. Done with the people I care, done with the people I used to care for and done with the people I was going to care for. I’m done.” ― Sahil Suryawanshi
114. “You are done with the past, but the past isn’t done with you.” ― Deyth Banger
115. “I’m so done with people… If you tell me 5+5 equals 11, I’m like, fine.. okay.. It is 11.” ― Sathyarekha Thangavel
116. “It was done, it was gone. There was no going back now. This was her, and it was OK.” ― Holly Jackson
I’m Done Quotes To Encourage You To Finally Let Go
117. “Think Im Done Gunnin For Some Imagined Bliss.” — Ani Difranco
118. “I’m done with people and their lukewarm attitude, but I myself have some unfinished business, so there’ no question of quitting.” — Deep
119. “To know when you have enough is to be rich beyond measure.” — Lao Tzu
120. “If all there’s left to do is walk away, then baby I’m as gone as yesterday.” — Ritu Ghatourey
121. “I give up.’ That’s the way I am, and that’s the way I always will be. From the day I was born to the day I die, I am a fighter!” — Ken Shamrock
122. “Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.” – Guy Finley
123. “If you’re fed up with certain people in your life, you don’t have to remain seated at their table.” — Christine E. Szymansk
124. “I’m tired of defending my character. I am what I am. What you see is what you get.” — Dana Plato
125. “I got to the point where I was fed up with so many people telling me how and who I was supposed to be.” — Estelle
126. “The most critical time in any battle is not when I’m fatigued, it’s when I no longer care.” — Craig D. Lounsbrough
I’m Done Quotes To Motivate You To Walk Away
127. “Everything ıs theoretically impossible, Until it is done.” ― Robert A. Heinlein
128. “Never regret anything you have done with a sincere affection; nothing is lost that is born of the heart.” ― Basil Rathbone
129. “Rarely do you regret what you have done nearly as much as what you have failed to do.” ― Jeffrey Fry
130. “Regret and remorse is a dialectic issue about what has been done, about what should have been done and about what should not have been done.” ― Erik Pevernagie
131. “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” ― Margaret Thatcher
132. “Sometimes it is not about whether or not it is your job. Sometimes it is about whether or not it needs to be done.” ― Jeffrey G. Duarte
133. “If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.” ― Niccolo Machiavelli
134. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” ― Helen Keller
135. “I’ts over. I’m done. No more trying. I just give up, I finally see that you will never let our love be. I will never get my second chance, cause you always put someone in front of me.” ― Nicole Tran
136. “The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can’t be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it.” ― Elbert Hubbard
I’m Done Quotes to Empower You to Move On
137. “I’m done living with regret. It’s time to embrace the present and live life to the fullest.” ― Taylor Swift
138. “I’m done searching for happiness in external things. It’s time to find it within myself.” ― Dalai Lama
139. “I’m done trying to fit in. It’s time to stand out and be true to myself.” ― Lady Gaga
140. “I’m done trying to please everyone. It’s time to live for myself.” ― Kate Winslet
141. “I’m done living in the past. It’s time to focus on the present and build a better future.” ― Nelson Mandela
142. “I’m done waiting for things to get better. It’s time to make them better.” ― Barack Obama
143. “I’m done being afraid of what could go wrong and start being excited about what could go right.” ― Tony Robbins
144. “I’m done playing it safe. It’s time to take risks and chase my dreams.” ― Ellen DeGeneres
145. “I’m done with old ways of thinking, it’s time to start living.” ― Oprah Winfrey
146. “I’m done with those who don’t understand me.” ― Tupac Shakur
What are your favorite when I’m done I’m done quotes about never looking back?
Some people will endure years of mistreatment and abuse because they don’t feel able to walk away.
These I’m done quotes will give you the confidence and courage to stand up for yourself.
If you feel unhappy in any relationship, whether it be with a friend, partner, or family member, you have the option to walk away and never look back.
Have you ever been so tired and frustrated that you wanted to quit?
If you’re considering giving up on something or someone, read these inspirational quotes for guidance.
At the end of the day, the boundaries we set are meant to protect us.
Share this collection of quotes about being done with someone with your loved ones to remind them of their strength.
What are your favorite I’m done quotes about walking away?
Let us know in the comment section below.