These quotes about being done with someone or something will give you the courage to walk away.
There’s only so much someone can take before they finally quit. You’ll love this list of inspirational quotes if you’ve ever been fed up before and said “I’m done!” When you’re done trying and ready to give up, take a deep breath and read these words of wisdom first.
How do you say I’m done with you?
It’s important to never give up on your dreams, but it’s also an essential skill to know when to walk away from something that no longer serves you. Let these I’m done quotes give you the confidence you need to set healthy boundaries.
It can be difficult to find the right words to end a friendship or relationship. This collection of quotes about being done with someone will help give you clarity on your situation. You always have the power to stand up for yourself and say “I’m done” at any time.
Don’t forget to also check out these being used quotes for when you’ve been taken advantage of.
I’m done quotes for never looking back
1. “I’m tired of trying to get other people to see into my brain. I’m done.” – Todd McFarlane
2. “Every time I say I’m done I find myself trying again.” – Kaye Gurrea
3. “It’s sad to know I’m done. But looking back, I’ve got a lot of great memories.” – Bonnie Blair
4. “When a thing is done, it’s done. Don’t look back. Look forward to your next objective.” – George C. Marshall
5. “I’m guilty of giving people more chances than they deserve but when I’m done, I’m done.” – Turcois Ominek
6. “But I’ve got more to learn, too. I don’t feel like I’m done or I know it all.” – Gary Sinise
7. “I’m done with rules that are there just to be rules.” – Brad Paisley
8. “Me, my heart and my soul will always be a fighter. I’m not comfortable with saying, ‘I’m done. I quit. I give up.’ That’s the way I am, and that’s the way I always will be. From the day I was born to the day I die, I am a fighter!” – Ken Shamrock
9. “Maybe in my 20s I was a little more lively. But I’m done with that.” – Peter Dinklage
10. “I’m not done with love, but I refuse to settle.” – Halle Berry
I’m done quotes that will give you the courage to walk away
11. “I don’t stop when I’m tired. I only stop when I’m done.” – Marilyn Monroe
12. “Once you give up, you know you’re done.” – Gerald Green
13. “You can walk away and say “We don’t need this.” but something in your eyes says “We can beat this.” – Taylor Swift
14. “I’m naturally a nice person. I’m not trying to have any problems with people. I’m done with the drama and trouble. I want a stress-free life.” – Action Bronson
15. “By the time I’m done with a project, it’s taken so long that I usually don’t even like it anymore. I only see the things I wish I’d done differently.” – Sydney Pollack
16. “I look back on my life like a good day’s work, it was done and I am satisfied with it.” – Grandma Moses
17. “When I’m retired someday, when I’m done playing football, that’s when I’ll be relaxing and look back at some things.” – Aaron Donald
18. “I’m going to be done when I’ve decided that I’m done.” – David Ortiz
19. “Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I’ve done it thousands of times.” – Mark Twain
20. “I’m done saying ‘I’m sorry I wasn’t who you needed or wanted me to be’ to everybody in my life.” – Diane Lane
I’m done quotes for when you’re fed up
21. “If you walk away, don’t walk away with something still left in the tank. Then you’re wondering like, ‘Man, what could I have done?’ When I’m done playing, I want to leave it all out on the field.” – Ryan Howard
22. “I definitely am done with as much drama as I can be done with. I don’t think it helps me with any of my business endeavors or the things that I’m excited about.” – Farrah Abraham
23. “People are less likely to think it’s immoral to walk away from their home if they know others who have done so. And if enough people do it, the stigma begins to erode.” – Richard Thaler
24. “I’m officially done trying. If you want me in your life, you can come find me. Until then, continue treating me like I don’t exist.” – Quinton Riley
25. “I believe that you see something that you want to get done, you cannot give up, and you cannot give in.” – John Lewis
26. “Perfection to me is, I walk away from a situation and say, ‘I did everything I could do right there. There was nothing more that I could do.’ I was a hundred percent, like the meter was at the top. There was nothing else I could have done. You know? Like, I worked as hard as I possibly could have. That’s perfection.” – Drake
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of walk away quotes to help you find the motivation and courage you need to change your life.
27. “I’m done. Done with social media. Done.” – David Draiman
28. “When I’m done with something, I’m done. I don’t go back and listen to and pine for my old albums, or the Lollapalooza days, or ‘Psalm 69’ selling millions of records. Maybe I’m really just getting old and mellow.” – Al Jourgensen
29. “I’m done with trying to be perfect. A perfect body belongs to somebody else – and it’s not me.” – Geri Halliwell
30. “Once I retire, I’m retiring. I’m done.” – Michael Phelps
I’m done quotes to help you set healthy boundaries
31. “I have never looked back on what I have done. Instead, I am looking for new things to do.” – Amala Akkineni
32. “I’m not gonna say it’s all done, ’cause it ain’t ever all done.” – Dimebag Darrell
33. “Once upon a time, I could sing for three hours. Now, when you see me say ‘I’m done,’ I’m done; ain’t nothing left till the next night.” – Bobby Womack
34. “I think I’m decisive, and I like to get things done quickly. So if that comes across as intimidation, I’m sorry to hear it. But it’s more in the interest of getting things done.” – Anna Wintour
35. “I’ve done all my tricks. I’m tired of myself.” – Sandra Bullock
36. “After all is said and done, make sure you are not sad and down.” – Gift Gugu Mona
37. “I just can’t break. If I break, I’m done. So I don’t break.” – Hannah Simone
38. “I get a little tired of people telling me what might have been. I think I’ve done OK. I don’t dwell on what might have been.” – Ken Griffey Jr.
39. “When you think about retiring, you’re done. You already checked out.” – Frank Gore
40. “If you believe in something and have the strength not to give up, it can happen. I am the living proof it can be done.” – Samuel Eto’o
I’m done quotes that will inspire you to action
41. “I’m done with those; regrets are an excuse for people who have failed.” – Ned Vizzini
42. “You can never be satisfied until you are done playing this game. So I’m just working.” – Aaron Donald
43. “I’m one of those people where, if I go back and look at it, I’m going to feel like, ‘I wish I would have… ‘ I need to just leave it on the floor. What’s done is done.” – Regina King
44. “You can only do so much grunting and groaning and then you’re done, you know?” – Craig T. Nelson
45. “I’m done with men… I’m going to be alone. I have no luck with relationships. I don’t think I’m made for marriage.” – Halle Berry
46. “I just wish you knew how much I liked you. But now since you decided to leave I’m done trying. I’m done with you because the last thing I want now is to be with you.” – Andii Sundari
47. “You’re always growing as a coach, and I am not done growing, and hopefully I’m not done winning.” – Doc Rivers
48. “I still miss you and maybe even still like you, but I’m done chasing you.” – Anmol Andore
49. “The fact of the matter is, you don’t give up what’s natural. Anything I’ve fantasized about, I’ve done.” – Ray Charles
50. “I am done with the past, the future has plenty of room for change.” – Cyrile Dayao
Other I’m done quotes and sayings
51. “When we are tired, we are attacked by ideas we conquered long ago.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
52. “I am so tired of rearranging my life around what the stupidest people might do.” – Bill Maher
53. “Sometimes the only way you can feel good about yourself is by making someone else look bad. And I’m tired of making other people feel good about themselves.” – Dan Castellaneta
54. “If you end your day feeling like you got nothing done, it’s because you weren’t working: you were busy, not productive.” ― Richie Norton
55. “Just because it is not done your way, doesn’t mean it is not right.” ― Charmaine J Forde
56. “The day I made that statement, about inventing the internet, I was tired because I’d been up all night inventing the Camcorder.” – Al Gore
57. “I’m tired of pretending I’m not special.” – Charlie Sheen
58. “I’m so tired I never want to wake up again. But I’ve figured out now that it was never them that made me feel that way. It was just me, all along.” – Maggie Stiefvater
59. “I never get tired because it ain’t energy that’s being dispensed. It is GOD speaking through me.” – Don King
60. “I am not tired of my work, neither am I tired of the world; yet, when Christ calls me home, I shall go with gladness.” – Adoniram Judson
What are your favorite when I’m done I’m done quotes about never looking back?
Some people will endure years of mistreatment and abuse because they don’t feel able to walk away. These I’m done quotes will give you the confidence and courage to stand up for yourself.
If you feel unhappy in any relationship, whether it be with a friend, partner, or family member, you have the option to walk away and never look back.
Have you ever been so tired and frustrated that you wanted to quit? If you’re considering giving up on something or someone, read these inspirational quotes for guidance.
At the end of the day, the boundaries we set are meant to protect us. Share this collection of quotes about being done with someone with your loved ones to remind them of their strength.
What are your favorite I’m done quotes about walking away? Let us know in the comment section below.
December 4, 2020 7:00 AM EST