Celebrate the company that connected the world with our Google quotes.
Google has grown from a small business to a tech gargantuan.
Learn more about the history of one of the world’s largest companies with our Google quotes.
What is Google?
Google is an American technology company focusing on artificial intelligence, search engine tech, quantum computing, and e-commerce.
Check out these interesting facts about Google:
- The original name for Google was Backrub.
- Google averages 8.5 billion searches per day.
- Many label Google as the most powerful company in the world.
How was Google created?
Google was created in 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin.
The pair were Ph.D. students at Stanford University who started the company from scratch.
The tech giant has grown to offer many services beyond the search engine.
Google offers email, cloud services, navigation, operating systems, video sharing, and web browsing.
Who runs Google today?
When companies grow, they also shift.
Google is no different in this respect.
In 2015, Sundar Pichai replaced Larry Page as CEO of the company.
A cultural shift
I am old enough to remember a few things about Google’s history:
I remember when Yahoo, HotBot, and other search engines were still popular.
I remember when Gmail was by invite only.
When I was pursuing my first Master’s degree, a colleague laughed at me because he had unlimited storage with Gmail, and my inbox was full.
I remember when people said, “I look it up on the internet,” as opposed to “I Googled it.”
It seems like a lifetime ago, but Google has assured its dominance over the competition.
People use the word “Google” as a verb to describe internet searches.
The future of Google
Google has established itself as a globally dominant company.
As the world of technology shifts and Artificial Intelligence becomes more intelligent, Google will be right there, growing with the advances.
To learn more, check out our Google quotes below.
Short Google quotes about the tech giant
We begin our journey with these short and sweet quotes about Google.
1. “Some say Google is God.” — Sergey Brin
2. “Others say Google is Satan.” — Sergey Brin
3. “I don’t need to Google myself.” — Nicki Minaj
4. “We’re saved somewhat by Google.” — Nora Ephron
5. “If it isn’t on Google, it doesn’t exist.” — Jimmy Wales
6. “You can’t be in love with a Google search.” — Taylor Swift
7. “My goal is for Google to lead, not follow that.” — Larry Page
8. “I taught myself how to be a speaker on Google.” — Lizzie Velasquez
9. “Google is arguably one of the greatest inventions.” — Franklin Foer
10. “Google is working on self-driving cars, and they seem to work.” — M. Andreessen
The best Google quotes about the future
What does the future hold for technology? Ask Google.
11. “Why should somebody read Laozi or Confucius if he can Google?” — Helmut Schmidt
12. “As bizarre as it sounds, I don’t have a Google alert on my phone.” — Sushant Singh Rajput
13. “We have this powerful lever at Google Ventures, which is to invest $200 million a year.” — Bill Maris
14. “In the past, Google has used teams of humans to ‘read’ its street address images.” — John Battelle
15. “I am not great at computers. If I were to try shopping through Google, I’d end up with 33 vests.” — Mary Berry
16. “You will never build a company on the scale of a Facebook or a Google if you sell it along the way.” — Peter Thiel
17. “There are only two companies in the world that can help me. That’s Facebook and Google because they are going to make me the largest digital network in the world, which is my goal.” — Shane Smith
18. “Whether it’s Google or Apple or free software, we’ve got some fantastic competitors, and it keeps us on our toes.” — Bill Gates
19. “We want Google to be the third half of your brain.” — Sergey Brin
20. “My mission at Google is to develop natural language understanding with a team and in collaboration with other researchers at Google.” — Ray Kurzweil
The top Google quotes about the power of search engines
These quotes remind us how search engines have transformed our world.
21. “But if they think Google is too powerful, remember that with search engines unlike other companies, all it takes is a single click to go to another search engine.” — Sergey Brin
22. “The core of what Google is about is bringing information to people.” — Sundar Pichai
23. “Google is about information and computers and making things really fast.” — Paul Buchheit
24. “I’m a visual thinker, not a language-based thinker. My brain is like Google Images.” — Temple Grandin
25. “I’ve been way too open in my career. Google has killed any shot I have on the dating apps.” — Jim Norton
26. “If I feel a little lost or disgruntled or upset, I Google’ inspirational quotes,’ and I feel better.” — Angela Scanlon
27. “Google is not my friend.” — Jim Norton
28. “Google’s not a real company. It’s a house of cards.” — Steve Ballmer
29. “Computers allow us to squeeze the most out of everything, whether it’s Google looking up things, so I guess that tends to make us a little lazy about reading books and doing things the hard way to understand how those things work.” — Buzz Aldrin
30. “The Google algorithm was a significant development.” — Tim Berners-Lee
Famous Google quotes about growing companies and sharing information
As deep learning algorithms evolve, so will tech giants like Google.
31. “However, it is also possible that we do something jointly with Google.” — Elon Musk
32. “When you Google me, you’ll find a lot of people don’t like Richard Dreyfuss.” — Richard Dreyfuss
33. “I remember all this, but I still Google my husband’s birthday. Thank God he’s famous.” — Chrissy Teigen
34. “Why bother with Google when I have a wife who knows everything about everything!” — Akshay Kumar
35. “The biggest problem is that Facebook and Google are these giant feedback loops that give people what they want to hear.” — Franklin Foer
36. “There’s a reason why start-ups, especially disruptive start-ups – like Google or Amazon or Uber – are full of young people.” — Richard Thaler
37. “Deep learning algorithms, or Google search, or Facebook personalization, or Siri or self-driving cars or Watson, those have the same relationship to conscious machines as a toaster does to a chess-playing computer.” — Ramez Naam
38. “I do want Google to see, push, and invest more in making sure computing is more accessible, connectivity is more accessible.” — Sundar Pichai
39. “TV ushered in the age of postliteracy. And we have gone so far beyond that. I mean, what with the Internet and Google and Wikipedia.” — P. J. O’Rourke
40. “You can make something big when young that will carry you through life. Look at all the big startups like Microsoft, Apple, Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.” — Steve Wozniak
Google quotes and sayings about life
We close our list with these Google-inspired quotes to live by.
41. “Google has placed its faith in data, while Apple worships the power of design.” — Ben Parr
42. “I spent the last three years as a Design Ethicist at Google caring about how to design things in a way that defends a billion people’s minds from getting hijacked.” — Tristan Harris
43. “The rise of Google, the rise of Facebook, the rise of Apple, I think are proof that there is a place for computer science as something that solves problems that people face every day.” — Eric Schmidt
44. “On the Internet, speed matters. According to research by Microsoft, Google, and others, if a website is even 250 milliseconds slower than a rival, people will visit it less often.” — Marvin Ammori
45. “There is clearly a constituency that appreciates the message that Google is sending, that it finds the Chinese government’s attitude to the Internet and censorship unacceptable.” — Rebecca MacKinnon
46. “I just Googled how to be a motivational speaker.” — Lizzie Velasquez
47. “Google is in an amazing position to be the target of tons of lawsuits that will set precedent for many important things for us on the Internet.” — Joichi Ito
48. “Many of the tech giants working on AI, like Google and Facebook, have open-sourced some of their algorithms; they hold back most of their data.” — Fred Ehrsam
49. “A lot of the big Internet players like Google or Yahoo were started by a couple of guys with computers. Microsoft was started in Bill Gates’ garage.” — Jonathan Raymond
50. “Apple would ship the phones and computers, while Google would provide Maps, Search, YouTube, and other web tools that made the devices more useful.” — Ben Parr
Grow your dream
Google started as a dream and grew to become one of the world’s largest companies.
How will you grow your dream?
If you have a favorite Google quote, please be sure to let us know in the comments.
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
The truth is that we all have the ability to become successful and interpret success the way we want to – regardless of where we are in life.
There isn’t necessarily only one right path for each individual, as many roads may lead to the same destination.
Wondering why some people can make things happen and others can’t? Know the other things you can do to start becoming more productive today.
Here’s how to get involved in social issues you care about. You can make things better for people in situations where they are powerless.
Check out these related quote articles:
Learn to fly and soar into the adult you want to be, with these inspirational quotes for kids.
Life constantly offers valuable lessons that shape our journey and guide our growth.
Discover this treasure trove of motivational quotes to ignite your inner fire and propel you toward greatness.
Looking for inspirational be yourself quotes to encourage you? Here are some uplifting quotes about being yourself to inspire your best life.