Learn about the growth of artificial intelligence with these AI quotes.
AI, or artificial intelligence, is the ability of machines to perform tasks that typically require human intelligence.
AI is a rapidly expanding technology, and understanding its uses and implications is important for humans to adapt to our changing world.
Tell us your favorite AI quote in the comment section.
You may also enjoy reading these related quotes:
The benefits of reading quotes about AI
As previously stated, AI is a rapidly expanding technology, and it is already being utilized in many different ways.
Some of the emerging uses of AI include:
- Self-driving cars
- Natural language processing and writing
- Personalized recommendations on streaming platforms
AI is here to stay, so it’s important that we learn about it and understand its implications to better navigate the world around us.
Reading quotes about AI can help us understand how AI works, how it’s beneficial to us, and the potential downsides of AI as well.
This, in turn, will help us make informed decisions about the products and services we use.
As AI is becoming more and more prevalent in our daily lives, it is changing how we interact with the world, which can have many cultural and ethical implications.
Using AI can benefit us through increased efficiency, productivity, enhanced convenience, and ease of use for many things we do most often.
Job displacement is a potential downside of AI since it is now capable of doing what previously could only be done by a human brain.
Another is the increased security risk that AI poses, like the ability for more efficient cyber attacks or AI-powered weapons.
Furthermore, knowing about AI is important because it is a growing field with many career opportunities.
By learning about AI, people can position themselves for these job opportunities and develop the skills they need to succeed.
Please enjoy these AI quotes!
You might also enjoy this article on Mr. Robot quotes!
AI quotes from Stephen Hawking
Learn more about Stephen Hawking’s perspective on AI.
1. “I fear that AI may replace humans altogether.” — Stephen Hawking
2. “This will be a new form of life that will outperform humans.” — Stephen Hawking
3. “It would take off on its own, and re-design itself at an ever-increasing rate.” — Stephen Hawking
4. “The development of full artificial intelligence could spell the end of the human race.” — Stephen Hawking
5. “If people design computer viruses, someone will design AI that improves and replicates itself.” — Stephen Hawking
6. “It, therefore, follows that computers can, in theory, emulate human intelligence — and exceed it.” — Stephen Hawking
7. “Humans, who are limited by slow biological evolution, couldn’t compete and would be superseded.” — Stephen Hawking
8. “I believe there is no deep difference between what can be achieved by a biological brain and what can be achieved by a computer.” — Stephen Hawking
9. “Perhaps we should all stop for a moment and focus not only on making our AI better and more successful but also on the benefit of humanity.” — Stephen Hawking
10. “The genie is out of the bottle. We need to move forward on artificial intelligence development, but we also need to be mindful of its very real dangers.” — Stephen Hawking
AI quotes from Elon Musk
Learn more about what Elon Musk thinks about artificial intelligence.
11. “AI will be the best or worst thing ever for humanity.” — Elon Musk
12. “With artificial intelligence, we are summoning the demon.” — Elon Musk
13. “We need to be super careful with AI. Potentially more dangerous than nukes.” — Elon Musk
14. “AI is a rare case where I think we need to be proactive in regulation than be reactive.” — Elon Musk
15. “I think A.I. is probably the single biggest item in the near term that’s likely to affect humanity.” — Elon Musk
16. “Hope we’re not just the biological boot loader for digital superintelligence. Unfortunately, that is increasingly probable.” — Elon Musk
17. “I think we should be very careful about artificial intelligence. If I had to guess at what our biggest existential threat is, it’s probably that.” — Elon Musk
18. “I think AI is something that is risky at the civilization level, not merely at the individual risk level, and that’s why it really demands a lot of safety research.” — Elon Musk
19. “As society becomes increasingly automated by robots and artificial intelligence systems, one of the ways forward for humanity will be to physically merge with machines.” — Elon Musk
20. “I’m increasingly inclined to think there should be some regulatory oversight, maybe at the national and international level, just to make sure that we don’t do something very foolish.” — Elon Musk
AI quotes from James Barrat’s Our Final Invention
Learn more about James Barrat’s perspective on AI from his work Our Final Invention: Artificial Intelligence and the End of the Human Era.
21. “A powerful AI system tasked with ensuring your safety might imprison you at home.” — James Barrat
22. “As I’ll argue, AI is a dual-use technology like nuclear fission. Nuclear fission can illuminate cities or incinerate them.” — James Barrat
23. “Not knowing how to build a Friendly AI is not deadly of itself.… It’s the mistaken belief that an AI will be friendly which implies an obvious path to global catastrophe.” — James Barrat
24. “Unlike our intelligence, machine-based superintelligence will not evolve in an ecosystem in which empathy is rewarded and passed on to subsequent generations.” — James Barrat
25. “The strongest argument for why advanced AI needs a body may come from its learning and development phase—scientists may discover it’s not possible to grow AI without some kind of body.” — James Barrat
26. “I’ve written this book to warn you that artificial intelligence could drive mankind into extinction, and to explain how that catastrophic outcome is not just possible, but likely if we do not begin preparing very carefully now.” — James Barrat
27. “AI makers tend to believe intelligent systems will only do what they’re programmed to do. But Omohundro says they’ll do that, but lots more, too, and we can know with some precision how advanced AI systems will behave.” — James Barrat
28. “We don’t want an AI that meets our short-term goals—please save us from hunger—with solutions detrimental in the long term…or with solutions to which we’d object…” — James Barrat
29. “If we build a machine with the intellectual capability of one human, within five years, its successor will be more intelligent than all of humanity combined. After one generation or two generations, they’d just ignore us.” — James Barrat
30. “If you don’t provide the AI with a very big library of preferred behaviors or an ironclad means for it to deduce what behavior you prefer, you’ll be stuck with whatever it comes up with.” — James Barrat
AI quotes from Gray Scott
Learn more about Gray Scott’s perspective on artificial intelligence.
31. “You have to talk about ‘The Terminator‘ if you’re talking about artificial intelligence.” — Gray Scott
32. “We’re going to become caretakers for the robots. That’s what the next generation of work is going to be.” — Gray Scott
33. “There is no reason and no way that a human mind can keep up with an artificial intelligence machine by 2035.” — Gray Scott
34. “To understand the future of technology, we need to begin with one fundamental truth: Technology is natural.” — Gray Scott
35.“But when we start creating machines that learn for themselves, that is a whole new area that we’ve never been in before.” — Gray Scott
36. “I don’t think that an artificially intelligent system that has superhuman intelligence will be violent. I do think that it will disrupt our culture.” — Gray Scott
37. “The real question is, when will we draft an artificial intelligence bill of rights? What will that consist of? And who will get to decide that?” — Gray Scott
38. “Technology will mirror the culture and the psychology creating it. We need new psychological scaffolding to work with. Less fear and more optimism.” — Gray Scott
39. “Robots will harvest, cook, and serve our food. They will work in our factories, drive our cars, and walk our dogs. Like it or not, the age of work is coming to an end.” — Gray Scott
40. “We are going to have to have different ethics for different artificially intelligent machines. You obviously want a different set of ethics for a military artificially intelligent machine or robot than you have for a care-taking robot.” — Gray Scott
AI quotes from other well-known figures
Enjoy these additional quotes about artificial intelligence.
41. “A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in God.” — Alan Perlis, Computer Scientist
42. “By far, the greatest danger of Artificial Intelligence is that people conclude too early that they understand it.” — Eliezer Yudkowsky, Computer Scientist
43. “Forget artificial intelligence – in the brave new world of big data, it’s artificial idiocy we should be looking out for.” — Tom Chatfield, British Author
44. “I’m more frightened than interested by artificial intelligence – in fact, perhaps fright and interest are not far away from one another.” — Gemma Whalen
45. “The coming era of Artificial Intelligence will not be the era of war, but be the era of deep compassion, non-violence, and love.” — Amit Ray, Indian Author
46. “Some people call this artificial intelligence, but the reality is this technology will enhance us. So instead of artificial intelligence, I think we’ll augment our intelligence.” — Ginni Rometty, former Chairman and CEO of IBM
47. “Some people worry that artificial intelligence will make us feel inferior, but then, anybody in his right mind should have an inferiority complex every time he looks at a flower.” — Alan Kay, Computer Scientist
48. “Nobody phrases it this way, but I think that artificial intelligence is almost a humanities discipline. It’s really an attempt to understand human intelligence and human cognition.” — Sebastian Thrun, Entrepreneur
49. “If the government regulates against use of drones or stem cells or artificial intelligence, all that means is that the work and the research leave the borders of that country and go someplace else.” — Peter Diamandis, CEO of the Zero Gravity Corporation
50. “Artificial intelligence would be the ultimate version of Google… It would understand exactly what you wanted, and it would give you the right thing.” — Larry Page, Co-Founder of Google
You’ve been using AI for years; you just didn’t know it
Many people don’t realize that AI has actually been around for decades.
One of the earliest uses of AI was in the development of the “Logic Theorist” program in 1955.
The Logic Theorist was a computer designed to prove mathematical theorems, and it used a form of AI called symbolic reasoning.
In fact, most of us have already been using AI in our daily lives; we just didn’t realize it.
This is because our personal computers and phones are tools that support AI devices, like streaming services (Netflix), virtual assistants (Siri), and automated chatbots.
You’ve likely experienced AI influence in your life daily for years and simply weren’t aware.
Tell us your favorite AI quote in the comment section.
You will also enjoy our article about the ultimate AI assistant, so check out these Alexa quotes.
If you found these AI quotes interesting, please click the Share button so others can read them as well!