These quotes about preparation and planning will motivate you to achieve greatness.
When you set goals for yourself and form a plan of action, your path to success will become more clear. These preparation quotes will motivate you to work hard and get your life in order.
Why is preparation important to success?
If you’re prepared for anything, you will never be surprised or overwhelmed. Read these quotes about preparedness to learn more about how to be ready for anything.
This collection of quotes about preparation and planning can open up your mind to new ideas. If you take the advice from these inspirational quotes to heart, you can shift your perspective and become a more successful person.
There are many areas of life where it pays off to be prepared. Whether you’re looking to succeed in your relationship, career, or personal development, you’ll love these preparation quotes.
Don’t forget to also check out these planning quotes to take control of your life.
Preparation quotes to help you reach your goals
1. “The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
2. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell
3. “Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.” – John Dewey
4. “A strong, positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success.” – Joyce Brothers
5. “Success is where preparation and opportunity meet.” – Bobby Unser
6. “One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.” – Arthur Ashe
7. “Spectacular achievement is always preceded by unspectacular preparation.” – Robert H. Schuller
8. “Good luck is when opportunity meets preparation, while bad luck is when lack of preparation meets reality.” – Eliyahu Goldratt
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of good luck quotes for when you are feeling ill-fated.
9. “Talent is to actors what luck is to card players. It’s not really anything; it’s just a fictitious word that people have created and labeled things. Talent is like, you know, I never really believed in talent, I believed in drive and determination and preparation, but talent is sort of like luck.” – Shia LaBeouf
10. “You had better live your best and act your best and think your best today; for today is the sure preparation for tomorrow and all the other tomorrows that follow.” – Harriet Martineau
Preparation quotes to motivate you to achieve greatness
11. “Winter is a season of recovery and preparation.” – Paul Theroux
12. “Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three-fourths pure theatre.” – Gail Godwin
13. “Competing at the highest level is not about winning. It’s about preparation, courage, understanding and nurturing your people and heart. Winning is the result.” – Joe Torre
14. “You hit home runs not by chance but by preparation.” – Roger Maris
15. “Life is an unfoldment, and the further we travel the more truth we can comprehend. To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those that lie beyond.” – Hypatia
16. “Before anything else, preparation is the key to success.” – Alexander Graham Bell
17. “I think more about preparation than numbers. If I’m well prepared, there will be results.” – Ada Hegerberg
18. “Good luck is a residue of preparation.” – Jack Youngblood
19. “I do find that there’s a fine balance between preparation and seeing what happens naturally.” – Timothee Chalamet
20. “Preparation is everything.” – David Robinson
Preparation quotes about how to be ready for anything
21. “I believe success is preparation because opportunity is going to knock on your door sooner or later but are you prepared to answer that?” – Omar Epps
22. “A winning effort begins with preparation.” – Joe Gibbs
23. “In the sports arena, I would say there is nothing like training and preparation. You have to train your mind as much as your body.” – Venus Williams
24. “I’ve always considered myself to be just average talent and what I have is a ridiculous insane obsessiveness for practice and preparation.” – Will Smith
25. “My preparation is about precision. It is a science.” – Conor McGregor
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Conor McGregor quotes from the iconic fighter.
26. “I believe that people make their own luck by great preparation and good strategy.” – Jack Canfield
27. “I don’t really think about the degree of difficulty or the possibility of making a mistake. I just try to relax and let my preparation and training take over.” – Simone Biles
28. “Life is a long preparation for something that never happens.” – William Butler Yeats
29. “Some people are making such thorough preparation for rainy days that they aren’t enjoying today’s sunshine.” – William Feather
30. “There is no short cut to achievement. Life requires thorough preparation – veneer isn’t worth anything.” – George Washington Carver
Preparation quotes to motivate you to get your life in order
31. “You rewind. You think of your preparation. You think of everything you did throughout the week, your life, the practices, the intensity. Everything flashes and you come right back to that point. And it’s like, game on.” – D’Brickashaw Ferguson
32. “Education, therefore, is a process of living and not a preparation for future living.” – John Dewey
33. “In missionary work, as in all else, preparation precedes power. Encouragement to prepare while still very young can make a tremendous difference.” – Gordon B. Hinckley
34. “Preparation for old age should begin not later than one’s teens. A life which is empty of purpose until 65 will not suddenly become filled on retirement.” – Dwight L. Moody
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of retirement quotes, celebrating the end of your professional career.
35. “If you really want to be world-class – to be the best you can be – it comes down to preparation and practice.” – Robin S. Sharma
36. “I believe that reading widely is the best preparation for writing.” – Kathryn Lasky
37. “The five steps in teaching an employee new skills are preparation, explanation, showing, observation and supervision.” – Bruce Barton
38. “Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation, there is sure to be failure.” – Confucius
39. “For one human being to love another; that is perhaps the most difficult of all our tasks, the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all other work is but preparation.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
40. “I’m a big believer in the fact that life is about preparation, preparation, preparation.” – Johnnie Cochran
Other preparation quotes and sayings
41. “To each his own, but my process of preparation is based on conditions, not opposition.” – Rohit Sharma
42. “Hibernation is a covert preparation for a more overt action.” – Ralph Ellison
43. “For me, it’s always been about preparation, and the more prepared I can be each week, the less pressure I feel and the more confident I am. As your confidence grows, it’s only natural that the pressure you feel diminishes.” – Aaron Rodgers
44. “My own position is so far on the obsessive side of preparation and professionalism that I fear my point of view is not going to be shared by anyone.” – Jonny Wilkinson
45. “It’s that preparation that goes into each week. We have a term: ‘Trust your training, trust your teammate, and trust yourself.’” – Dan Quinn
46. “Whether it’s learning to hit a backhand in tennis, learning high school chemistry, or getting better at ski racing, I really believe with hard work and analytic preparation, you can skip a few steps and find the faster way.” – Mikaela Shiffrin
47. “There is no shorter road to defeat than by entering a war with inadequate preparation.” – Charles Lindbergh
48. “Wisdom is nothing but a preparation of the soul, a capacity, a secret art of thinking, feeling and breathing thoughts of unity at every moment of life.” – Hermann Hesse
49. “You have to rely on your preparation. You got to really be passionate and try to prepare more than anyone else, and put yourself in a position to succeed, and when the moment comes you got to enjoy, relax, breathe and rely on your preparation so that you can perform and not be anxious or filled with doubt.” – Steve Nash
50. “The preparation is what allows the success to happen naturally.” – Jake Arrieta
What are your favorite motivational quotes about preparedness?
Preparation is the secret to success in all areas of life. You can reach your goals if you make a plan and thoroughly prepare for your journey.
These preparation quotes highlight the importance of order, control, and organization. If you need encouragement to live a more prepared life, refer back to these quotes about preparation and planning.
What are preparation skills? Knowing how to efficiently prepare for any scenario is a skill that can be improved with practice. If you want to learn how to better prepare for any circumstance in life, read this collection of quotes about preparedness.
When you prepare to win, you open yourself up to success and opportunity. Share these preparation quotes with your friends and family to offer them encouragement.
What are your favorite planning and preparation quotes that offer you encouragement? Let us know in the comment section below.
December 7, 2020 7:00 AM EST