These Nacho Libre quotes take moments from the movie and make them memorable. The movie Nacho Libre came out in 2006 and immediately became a comedy classic of the early 2000’s.
What does Nacho Libre teach us about life and caring for others?
Nacho Libre follows the story of Ignacio, who works at a monastery and aspires to be a professional wrestler. He works at an orphanage, and wrestles to help support the children in need, disguising his identity while he does so, since wrestling is a sin at the monastery.
This movie shows that sometimes you have to go against what you’re told in order to do the right thing. Through hilarity and ridiculous events, Nacho Libre actually has some smart things to say about life, love, and sense of self.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and funny Nacho Libre quotes. Read through them, and once you’re done, be sure to also check out our list of Grey’s Anatomy quotes as well as these motivational hippie quotes that inspire positivity.
Nacho Libre Quotes that Observe Life
1. “They may have the appearance of riches, but beneath the clothes, we find a man. And beneath the man, we find, his… nucleus.” – Nacho Libre
2. “Don’t you want a little taste of the glory? See what it tastes like?” – Nacho Libre
3. “Be grateful, Juan Pablo. Today is especially delicious.” – Nacho Libre
4. “Wrestling is ungodly, Ignacio. People cheer for him… and he is a false idol.” – Nacho Libre
5. “I know it is fun to wrestle. A nice pile-drive to the face; or a punch to the face; but you cannot do it because it is in the Bible not to wrestle your neighbor.” – Nacho Libre
6. “Everyone is dancing at the party, but Ramses is not dancing at the party!” – Nacho Libre
7. “Take it easy.” – Nacho Libre
8. “Those men fight for vanity, for money, for false pride.” – Nacho Libre
9. “If you fight for something noble, or for someone who needs your help, only then will God bless you in battle.” – Nacho Libre
Nacho Libre Quotes About Self Awareness
10. “Oh, you messed with the wrong guy this time!” – Nacho Libre
11. “My favorite color is light tan. My favorite animal is puppies. I like serving the Lord. Hiking, playing volleyball…” – Nacho Libre
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of volleyball quotes celebrating the international sport.
12. “Me? No. Come on. Don’t be crazy. I know the wrestlers get all the fancy ladies, and the clothes, and the free creams and lotions. But my life is good! Really good! I get to wake up every morning at 5am and make some soup! It’s the best. I love it. I get to lay in a bed, all by myself, all of my life! That’s fantastic! Go. Go away! Read some books.” – Nacho Libre
13. “I am the gatekeeper of my own destiny and I will have my glory day in the hot sun.” – Nacho Libre
14. “Precious Father, why have you given me this desire to wrestle and then made me such a stinky warrior?” – Nacho Libre
15. “Chancho, when you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room.” – Nacho Libre
16. “It sucks to be me right now!” – Nacho Libre
17. “I don’t want to get paid to lose. I wanna win!” – Nacho Libre
18. “I’m not listening to you! You only believe in Science. That’s probably why we never win.” – Nacho Libre
19. “I’m a little concerned right now. About your salvation and stuff. How come you have not been baptized?” – Nacho Libre
20. “I looked like a fool last night. What took you so long?” – Nacho Libre
21. “I need professional help. I need Ramses! He’s the best. I must learn his ways!” – Nacho Libre
22. “I don’t believe in God, I believe in science.” – Nacho Libre
23. “‘How did you find me in the wilderness?’ ‘I saw you from the village.’” – Nacho Libre
Also check out these Little Prince quotes about life.
Nacho Libre Quotes About Love and Relationships
24. “You gotta be kidding me. Everything you just said, is MY favorite thing to do, every day!” – Nacho Libre
25. “Hey! Can’t you see this woman’s a nun? And if you have a problem with that, then you can just fight me.” – Nacho Libre
26. “‘Can I come in?’ ‘No, people might get the wrong idea about you… like maybe you are a floozy.’” – Nacho Libre
27. “When the fantasy has ended, and all the children are gone. Something good inside of me, helps me to carry on. I ate some bugs, I ate some grass. I used my hand, to wipe my tears. To kiss your mouth, I’d break my vow. No, no, no, no, no, no, way Jose. Unless you want to then, we break our vows together! Encarnaciòn! Encarnaciòn!” – Nacho Libre
28. “Have you ever had feelings for a nun?” – Nacho Libre
29. “Some people say wrestlers make bad lovers, that they save themselves for the ring. Love you.” – Nacho Libre
30. “Would you like to join me in my quarters this evening… for some toast.” – Nacho Libre
Funny Nacho Libre Quotes
31. “Get that corn outta my face!” – Nacho Libre
32. “Tonight, I will fight the seven strongest men in town, maybe the world. And I will win because our heavenly father will be in the ring with me. And he and I will win 10,000 pesos.” – Nacho Libre
33. “They don’t think I know a butt load of crap about the gospel. But I dooo! Okay?” – Nacho Libre
34. “This man lived a good life. He had a wonderful woman, a lush garden… and a collection of Russian nesting dolls. May he rest in peace.” – Nacho Libre
35. “Okay. Maybe I am not meant for these duties. Cooking duty. Dead guy… duty. Maybe it’s time for me to get a better duty!” – Nacho Libre
36. “They give me no eagle powers! They give me no nutrients.” – Nacho Libre
37. “But Sister, they are just ninos trying to release their wiggles.” – Nacho Libre
38. “Do you remember that one time when everyone was shouting my name, and I used my strength to rip my blouse?” – Nacho Libre
39. “I like your cow.” – Nacho Libre
40. “You gave them permission to hurt me like this.” – Nacho Libre
41. “Dear Lord, please bless Nacho with nutrients and strength. Amen.” – Nacho Libre
42. “Ramses’ number one he knows the secret of desire. Ramses is the one, he puts the people all on fire.” – Nacho Libre
43. “In order for you to become empowered by the eagle, you must climb that cliff, find the egg, crack open one of them, and then eat the yolk.” – Nacho Libre
What did you learn from these Nacho Libre quotes?
Nacho Libre is the story of a man who wants nothing more than to help the children in need that he works with on a daily basis. Nacho Libre quotes take moments from the movie and help us to understand the underlying wisdom in this 2006 comedy. Through religion, love, and perseverance, Ignacio experiences actually getting to make a difference in this world.
What can viewers take away from Nacho Libre? Underneath the ridiculous comedy of the film, Nacho Libre actually has a lot to say about the realities of life, as well as what it means to do good, against what you’ve been taught. There is more to this movie than the laughs, just as there is more to life than what you grew up believing.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Nacho Libre quotes and lines? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
January 10, 2020 7:45 AM EST