Our latest collection of awesome acceptance quotes on Everyday Power!
All of us go through it.
At one point in our life, maybe even right now, acceptance can be the most important thing.
Whether it’s acceptance from our family, friends, classmates or coworkers – we all want to feel respected, understood and connected.
But… does that always happen?
Of course not?
For some people, low self-esteem can have them feeling disconnected and shunned.
For others, their confidence can have them removed from the pack, so far ahead, they can seem like an enemy.
Where do you stand?
Maybe somewhere in between?
Here are some amazing acceptance quotes to remind you how amazing you are, whether others realize it or not!
Also check out these inspiring imperfection quotes about embracing your flaws.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Best Acceptance Quotes About Loving Yourself and Loving Others
1. “Nothing brings down walls as surely as acceptance.”― Deepak Chopra
You will also enjoy our article on honesty quotes.
2. “How can anyone begin to love you if you don’t love yourself?” – Jeff Moore
You will also enjoy our article on approval quotes.
3. “You are imperfect, permanently and inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful.”― Amy Bloom
You will also enjoy our article on self acceptance quotes.
4. “Every step of our life we need to accept ourselves all over again.” – Jeff Moore
5. “The first step toward change is awareness. The second step is acceptance.” – Nathaniel Branden
6. “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” – Dolly Parton
7. “To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.” – Oscar Wilde
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Oscar Wilde quotes from the iconic author.
8. “The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself.”― Mark Twain
9. “Humility means accepting reality with no attempt to outsmart it.”― David Richo
10. “Do your thing and don’t care if they like it.” – Tina Fey
More acceptance quotes and sayings
11. “The happiest people in life are able to be themselves. But you cannot be yourself, until you accept yourself.” – Jeff Moore
12. “When you love yourself, it’s easier to love the world. When you love the world, more love comes your way.” – Jeff Moore
13. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
14. “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.”― Siddhārtha Gautama
15. “Know that everything is in perfect order whether you understand it or not.”― Valery Satterwhite
16. “There is strange comfort in knowing that no matter what happens today, the Sun will rise again tomorrow.”― Aaron Lauritsen
17. “My happiness grows in direct proportion to my acceptance, and in inverse proportion to my expectations.”― Michael J. Fox
18. “Celebrate who you are in your deepest heart. Love yourself and the world will love you.”― Amy Leigh Mercree
Inspirational Acceptance Quotes about Life
19.“We cannot change anything until we accept it. Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses.” – Carl Jung
20. “Life is simple. Everything happens for you, not to you. Everything happens at exactly the right moment, neither too soon nor too late. You don’t have to like it… it’s just easier if you do.” – Byron Katie
21. “Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.” – J. K. Rowling
22. “The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.” – Maureen Dowd
23. “No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.” – Alice Walker
24. “You have to accept whatever comes and the only important thing is that you meet it with courage and with the best that you have to give.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
25. “Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart.” – Marcus Aurelius
26. “If I could define enlightenment briefly I would say it is ‘the quiet acceptance of what is’.” – Wayne Dyer
27. “I’m not perfect. I make mistakes. And I will make more mistakes. And that’s OK.” – Unknown
28. “Love your mistake as much as your accomplishments. Because without mistakes, there wouldn’t be any accomplishments.”- Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of mistake quotes about learning from error.
29. “The key to happiness is believing you are enough!”
30. “A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world. Everyone you meet is your mirror.” – Ken Keyes
31. “You don’t need to be perfect to feel absolutely great about yourself all the damn time.”- Unknown
32. “I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence.” – Frederick Douglass
33. “I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I’m not.”- Unknown
34. “Life is hard enough, stop beating yourself up.”- Unknown
35. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
Acceptance Quotes About Life To Help You Despite Weaknesses or Deficiencies
36. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” ― Deborah Reber
37. “The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you.” ― Stephanie Perkins
38. “The most confused you will ever get is when you try to convince your heart and spirit of something your mind knows is a lie.” ― Shannon L. Alder
39. “Maturity, one discovers, has everything to do with the acceptance of ‘not knowing.” ― Mark Z. Danielewski
40. “You should never hate anyone, even your worst enemies. Everyone has something good about them. You have to find the redeeming quality and love the person for that.” ― Jeannette Walls
41. “Beauty is about being comfortable in your own skin. It’s about knowing and accepting who you are.” ― Ellen DeGeneres
42. “Being different is a revolving door in your life where secure people enter and insecure exit.” ― Shannon L. Alder
43. “Sometimes you just have to regret things and move on.” ― Charlaine Harris
44. “I don’t need anyone else to distract me from myself anymore,
like I always thought I would.” ― Charlotte Eriksson
45. “Set the standard! Stop expecting others to show you love, acceptance, commitment, & respect when you don’t even show that to yourself.” ― Steve Maraboli
Want more inspirational acceptance quotes?
Check out these support quotes to help the people we love get through hard times. Share your favorite acceptance quotes with us, and we will share them with the world!