Travel Quotes To Channel Your Inner Wanderlust
September 24, 2022 6:00 AM EST
There are so many good things about traveling, and these travel quotes will remind you of the magical feeling you get when you experience the world.
Less than a century ago, only the rich were able to go and see the world with their own eyes.
These days, traveling is accessible to more people than ever before.
With a few clicks of a button and a passport in your hand, you can be off to an adventure and be on the other side of the world – tasting new foods, experiencing other cultures, and learning from people who have different perspectives than you.
But, traveling can be scary – how are yousupposed to walk away from everything you know to a world that’s so unfamiliar?
Today, let’s read a few travel quotes that will inspire you to go out there and see the world.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
Travel Quotes on Meeting People
1. “Please be a traveler, not a tourist. Try new things, meet new people, and look beyond what’s right in front of you. Those are the keys to understanding this amazing world we live in.” — Andrew Zimmern
2. “If you are twenty-two, physically fit, hungry to learn to be better, I urge you to travel – as far and as widely as possible. Sleep on floors, if you have to. Find out how other people live and cook. Learn from them – wherever you go.” — Anthony Bourdain (See more Anthony Bourdain quotes)
You will also enjoy our article on journey quotes.
3. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness., and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.” — Mark Twain
4. “I’ve met the most interesting people while flying or on a boat. These methods of travel seem to attract the kind of people I want to be with.” — Hedy Lamarr
TravelQuotes Related to Work
5. “Jobs fill your pocket, but adventures fill your soul.” — Jamie Lyn Beatty
6. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” — Jack Kerouac
7. “Travel is not reward for working, it’s education for living.” — Anthony Bourdain
8. “There’s no way I was born to just pay bills and die.” — Anonymous
9. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ― Mark Twain
10. “It’s important to travel and move and have a continual set of experiences so you’ve got more to feedback into your work. For me, it’s a natural thing.” — Cate Blanchett
TravelQuotes on Going With the Flow
11. “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.” — Babs Hoffman
12. “Traveling is more fun — hell, life is more fun — if you can treat it as a series of impulses.” — Bill Bryson
13. “If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there.” — Lewis Carroll
14. “I take to the open road, healthy, free, the world before me.” — Walt Whitman (See more Walt Whitman quotes)
15. “I just go with the flow, I follow the yellow brick road. I don’t know where it’s going to lead me, but I follow it.” — Grace Jones
16. “I love being on the road. I love that lifestyle, traveling city to city, rocking out and moving on to the next place.” — Caleb Johnson
17. “There is no right way to go on an edible journey. You can never tell what is going to be great, so you have to try everything.” — Adam Richman
Also check out these Paris quotes that will make you fall head over heels in love with the city.
TravelQuotes on Finding Yourself
18. “We travel, initially, to lose ourselves; and we travel, next to find ourselves.” — Pico Iyer
19. “Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves.”— Henry David Thoreau
20. “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” — Saint Augustine
21. “Travel is so important in its capacity to expand the mind. It’s exciting to start as young as possible – you get to see how other cultures live, challenge your senses, and try different cuisines.” — Natalie Dormer
22. “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other places, other lives, other souls.” — Anais Nin
23. “Every dreamer knows that it is entirely possible to be homesick for a place you’ve never been to, perhaps more homesick than for familiar ground.” — Judith Thurman
24. “Travel empties out everything you’ve put into the box called your life, all the things you accumulate to tell you who you are.” – Claire Fontaine
Travel quotes on why you should explore the world
25. “Travel is a joy, full of surprises. Perhaps some of the most enjoyable times are those where one comes close to disaster: the risks add spice, and make for great stories when you are safely back home again.” — Jane Wilson-Howarth
26. “Traveling—it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” — Ibn Battuta
27. “Traveling is the great true love of my life… I am loyal and constant in my love of travel. I feel about travel the way a happy new mother feels about her impossible, colicky, restless newborn baby – I just don’t care what it puts me through. Because I adore it. Because it’s mine. Because it looks exactly like me.” — Elizabeth Gilbert
28. “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” — Dr. Seuss (See more Dr. Seuss quotes)
29. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” ― Lao Tzu
30. “Would you still want to travel to that country If you could not take a camera with you. – a question of appropriation.” — Nayyirah Waheed, Salt
31. “Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.” — Ray Bradbury
32. “Better to see something once than hear about it a thousand times.” ― Asian Proverb
33. “When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money.” — Susan Heller
34. “Of all the books in the world, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport.” — Unknown
35. “The Chinese say that there is no scenery in your home town. They’re right. Being in another place heightens the senses, allows you to see more, enjoy more, take delight in small things; it makes life richer. You feel more alive, less cocooned.”— Jane Wilson-Howarth
Don’t forget to also read these insightful airplane quotes about flying and travel.
TravelQuotes on How Travel Changes You
36. “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr
37. “Travel, instead of broadening the mind, often merely lengthens the conversation.” — Elizabeth Drew
38. “He who has not traveled widely thinks that his mother is the best cook.”— African Proverb
39. “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.” – Anita Desai
40. “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” — Mary Anne Radmacher
41. “One’s destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things.” — Henry Miller
Travel quotes on the Journey
42. “It is better to travel well than to arrive.” — Buddha (See more Buddha quotes)
43. “I travel in so many different ways; I travel high, I rough it…it all depends on who I travel with.” — Diane von Furstenberg
44. “What you do on travel holiday is what your memories are based on. People want to do cool stuff, and this is what will shape your entire experience.” — Ruzwana Bashir
45. “The use of travelling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are.”— Samuel Johnson
46. “Traveling tends to magnify all human emotions.” — Peter Hoeg
47. “Travelling the road, last known is where I want to be.” — Paper Lions
48. “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have traveled.” — Mohammed
49. “Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don’t be sorry.” — Jack Kerouac
50. “Once a year, go somewhere you have never been before.” — Dalai Lama
Thought-provoking travel quotes
51. “Travel is never a matter of money but of courage.” – Paulo Coelho
52. “The journey not the arrival matters.” – T.S. Eliot
53. “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” – Confucius
54. “The most beautiful in the world is, of course, the world itself.” – Wallace Stevens
55. “With age, comes wisdom. With travel, comes understanding.” – Sandra Lake
56. “Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination.” – Roy M. Goodman
57. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gid
58. “Take only memories, leave only footprints.” – Chief Seattle
59. “It is not down in any map; true places never are.” – Herman Melville
60. “Adventure is worthwhile.” – Aesop
More travel quotes and sayings
61. “Travel brings power and love back into your life.” – Rumi Jalalud-Din
62. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert
63. “Travel brings wisdom only to the wise. It renders the ignorant more ignorant than ever.” – Abercrombie
64. “So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don’t be sorry.” – Jack Kerouac
65. “The farther you go, however, the harder it is to return. The world has many edges, and it’s easy to fall off.” – Anderson Cooper
66. “The impulse to travel is one of the hopeful symptoms of life.” – Agnes Repplier
67. “I didn’t know that the world could be so mind-blowingly beautiful.” – Justina Chen Headley
68. “It is not the destination where you end up but the mishaps and memories you create along the way!” – Penelope Riley
69. “Explore, Experience, Then Push Beyond.” – Aaron Lauritsen
70. “Travel more to see more to live more.” – Debasish Mridha
Travel Quotes That Impact Traveling Adventure In Our Lives.
71. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams” – Oprah Winfrey
72. ”Adventure may hurt you but monotony will kill you” – Ghaniya Dewi Arassyi
73. “The gladdest moment in human life is a departure into unknown lands.” – Sir Richard Burton
74. “To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the most pleasant sensations in the world. You are surrounded by adventure.” – Freya Stark
75. “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.” – Hilaire Belloc
76. “And if travel is like love, it is, in the end, mostly because it’s a heightened state of awareness, in which we are mindful, receptive, undimmed by familiarity and ready to be transformed. That is why the best trips, like the best love affairs, never really end.” – Pico Iyer
77. “It’s a big world out there. It would be a shame not to experience it” – J. D. Andrews
78. “Travel has a way of stretching the mind” – Ralph Crawshaw
79. “Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey” – Pat Conroy
80. “Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen” – Benjamin Disraeli
Travel Quotes To Help Understand The World Better
81. “One of the great things about travel is you find out how many good, kind people there are.” — Edith Wharton
82. “They say travel broadens the mind, but you must have the mind.” — Gilbert K. Chesterton
83. “In life, it’s not where you go, it’s who you travel with.” — Charles M. Schulz
84. “You do not travel if you are afraid of the unknown, you travel for the unknown, that reveals you with yourself.” — Ella Maillart
85. “A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” — Laozi
86. “To move, to breathe, to fly, to float, To gain all while you give, To roam the roads of lands remote, To travel is to live.” — Hans Christian Andersen
87. “I love to travel, but hate to arrive.” — Albert Einstein
88. “When you travel, remember that a foreign country is not designed to make you comfortable. It is designed to make its own people comfortable.” — Clifton Fadiman
89. “A wise man travels to discover himself.” — James Russell Lowell
90. “Travel can be one of the most rewarding forms of introspection.” — Lawrence Durrell
What to Learn From These TravelQuotes
It’s said that traveling can change a person.
Your outlook on life can be influenced by seeing other places and learning about other cultures, despite how scary traveling may seem.
You can’t be certain of who you’ll meet or where you’ll end up, but what you can be certain of is that who you are at the beginning of your journey will not be the same by the end of it – in a good way.
Traveling is one of the most wonderful experiences any person can have in a lifetime.
These travel quotes can give you the push to achieve your own travel goals.
So, make a pact with yourself (or with a travel buddy) and experience the world on your own terms.
Traveling will broaden your horizons and impact who you are and how you see yourself as a citizen of this planet.
And, how others see you. Go!
Which of these travel quotes and sayings inspired you to get out there?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to here all about it.
December 15, 2019 at 7:25 PM
Very inspiring quotes indeed! I love them…