Lovesick Quotes to Soothe Your Senses
May 23, 2023 6:34 AM EST
Lovesick quotes are extremely popular among young people.
These quotes are widely shared via multiple social media platforms.
This is why we created this list of quotes.
Besides the quotes, we have also discussed lovesickness and what it means.
So, let’s start without any delay!
What is Meant by Lovesick?
No doubt, love is a powerful emotion.
It could bring us happiness and great joy.
However, there are certain instances where we don’t get back the love we deserve.
This situation could lead to feelings like anxiety, sadness, and even physical pain.
This condition is known as lovesickness, and a person experiencing it is referred to as lovesick.
Causes of Lovesickness
There are numerous causes of lovesickness.
It is usually experienced by people who come across unrequited love.
Its causes could differ from person to person.
However, some common factors might include the following:
- Fear of rejection
- Fear of Abandonment
- Cultural factors
- Types of attachments
Symptoms of Lovesickness
Some of the most common symptoms of lovesickness are listed below:
- Obsessive behavior toward a person
- Intense desire to always be with a specific person
- Physical symptoms like difficulty sleeping or loss of appetite
- Depression or Anxiety
How to Deal with Lovesickness
When it comes to coping with lovesickness, things can be challenging.
However, there are different ways to deal with this issue.
Some of these include:
- Spending time with your family members and friends who are supportive.
- Writing a journal about your feelings.
- Keep yourself engaged in self-care activities like meditation, exercise, or time in nature.
- Transforming lovesickness into personal growth.
- Getting the help of a counselor or therapist.
Considering the above-mentioned tips, dealing with the issue of lovesickness is possible.
Usually, the symptoms are different for different people, so coping strategies for lovesickness could also vary.
So, keep in mind what works best for you.
How to Use Lovesickness for Your Benefit
While lovesickness proves to be painful, you can transform yourself through this experience.
This can help you understand your behaviors and values.
Besides, it lets you understand what you truly want in a relationship.
By taking account of your feelings of lovesickness, it is possible to develop self-awareness, which could result in better personal growth.
Top 10 Lovesick Quotes
Let’s start with the top 10 lovesick quotes.
1. “Any time not spent on love is wasted.” — Torquato Tasso
2. “Health is not valued till sickness comes.” — Thomas Fuller
3. “Sickness is mankind’s greatest defect.” — Georg C. Lichtenberg
4. “We loved with a love that was more than love.” — Edgar Allan Poe
5. “Childhood is a disease – a sickness that you grow out of.” — William Golding
6. “There is no sickness worse for me than words that to be kind must lie.” — Aeschylus
7. “To array a man’s will against his sickness is the supreme art of medicine.” — Henry Ward Beecher
8. “Therefore, in medicine, we ought to know the causes of sickness and health.” — Avicenna
9. “I’m just as sick as the others, although I prefer to do my sickness in private.” — Mick Mars
10. “Self-esteem is the greatest sickness known to man or woman because it’s conditional.” — Albert Ellis
Lovesick Quotes About Love
Here are the lovesick quotes with emphasis on the feeling of love.
11. “Passion is momentary; love is enduring.” — John Wooden
12. “You can’t blame gravity for falling in love.” — Albert Einstein
13. “’Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” — Alfred Lord Tennyson
14. “True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about, and few have seen.” — Francois de La Rochefoucauld
15. “Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.” — James Baldwin
16. “Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.” — Dalai Lama
17. “What we have once enjoyed, we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.” — Helen Keller
18. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” — Lao Tzu
19. “We’re born alone, live alone, die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we’re not alone.” — Orson Welles
20. “Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.” — Henry Van Dyke
Thought-Provoking Lovesick Quotes
Following lovesick quotes are thought-provoking, inspiring, and meaningful.
21. “This love is silent.” — T. S. Eliot
22. “The love we give away is the only love we keep.” — Elbert Hubbard
23. “Love is like war: easy to begin but very hard to stop.” — H. L. Mencken
24. “Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.” — Robert Frost
25. “The richest love is that which submits to the arbitration of time.” — Lawrence Durrell
26. “Love isn’t something you find. Love is something that finds you.” — Loretta Young
27. “One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.” — Paulo Coelho
28. “We waste time looking for the perfect lover instead of creating the perfect love.” — Tom Robbins
29. “He who loves with purity considers not the gift of the lover, but the love of the giver.” — Thomas a Kempis
30. “Immature love says: ‘I love you because I need you.’ Mature love says, ‘I need you because I love you.’” — Erich Fromm
Interesting Lovesick Quotes
Below are some more interesting and emotional lovesick quotes you would like to share with your loved ones.
31. “Love is metaphysical gravity.” — R. Buckminster Fuller
32. “People protect what they love.” — Jacques Yves Cousteau
33. “We love because it’s the only true adventure.” — Nikki Giovanni
34. “Absence sharpens love; presence strengthens it.” — Thomas Fuller
35. “Love has reasons which reason cannot understand.” — Blaise Pascal
36. “Love is the wisdom of the fool and the folly of the wise.” — Samuel Johnson
37. “Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties.” — Jules Renard
38. “Love cures people – both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it.” — Karl A. Menninger
39. “A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love.” — Max Muller
40. “Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes… just be an illusion.” — Javan
Some More Lovesick Quotes
Here are some more lovesick quotes for your reading pleasure.
41. “When love is not madness, it is not love.” — Pedro Calderon de la Barca
42. “We cease loving ourselves if no one loves us.” — Madame de Stael
43. “It is love, not reason, that is stronger than death.” — Thomas Mann
44. “Love, having no geography, knows no boundaries.” — Truman Capote
45. “I can live without money, but I cannot live without love.” — Judy Garland
46. “Love is a mutual self-giving which ends in self-recovery.” — Fulton J. Sheen
47. “Love is not only something you feel, but it is also something you do.” — David Wilkerson
48. “A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love.” — Stendhal
49. “Let no one who loves be unhappy; even love unreturned has its rainbow.” — James M. Barrie
50. “When you’re in love, you never really know whether your elation comes from the qualities of the one you love, or if it attributes them to her; whether the light which surrounds her as a halo comes from you, from her, or from the meeting of your sparks.” — Natalie Clifford Barney
Which of these Lovesick Quotes is Your Favorite?
We carefully selected the quotes above to offer you only accurate and relevant lovesick quotes.
It should be easy for you to find shareable and impressive quotes.
Besides, each section offers only specific types of quotes, making browsing the list effortless.
Please share your favorite lovesick quote with us if you have found it.
For this purpose, you can share it via our comments section.
We are looking forward to your reply.