Mind Over Matter Quotes For Powerful Thoughts
December 2, 2022 8:00 AM EST
Experience a new reality with these mind-over-matter quotes.
When some people hear phrases like “mind over matter,” they might dismiss it as some sort of new-age mumbo jumbo.
Tell us what mind over matter means to you in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of these mind over matter quotes?
Not that by simply thinking “mind over matter,” you will bend spoons with your thoughts by the end of the day.
However, the construct of “mind over matter” helps us remember circumstances do not matter; only our state of being matters.
I do not mean this to sound callous regarding people’s difficulties in life.
Instead, it is an empowering idea, a reminder that we are responsible for our reactions and responses
We can always:
- ask ourselves, “What state of being do I prefer?”
- choose and then behave or react in that way
- make changes to our mindset
It is one of the most powerful and centering things we can do for ourselves.
Check out this book if you are ready to better understand what mind over matter means and how it can change your life.
Short mind over matter quotes that are perfect for Instagram
1. “Mind and matter are two different aspects of one.” — Carl Jung
2. “You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind.” — Joyce Meyer
3. “Spirit over mind. Mind over matter. It’s that simple.” — Sahndra Fon Dufe
4. “You are confined only by the walls you build yourself.” — Andrew Murphy
5. “You’ve got to win in your mind before you win in your life.” — John Addison
6. “Change your thoughts and you change your world.” — Norman Vincent Peale
7. “Whatever your mind can conceive and believe it can achieve.” — Napoleon Hill
8. “Whether you think you can, or you can’t—either way, you’re right.” — Henry Ford
9. “The strength of your mind determines the quality of your life.” — Edmond Mbiaka
10. “I believe in mind over matter and doing anything you set your mind on.” — Elizabeth Taylor
You will also enjoy our article on minds.
Fitness and lifestyle mind over matter quotes
11. “Endurance is mind over matter.” — Yanni
12. “First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.” — Epictetus
13. “It all begins and ends in your mind. What you give power to, has power over you.” — Anonymous
14. “Getting fit is all about mind over matter. I don’t mind, so it doesn’t matter.” — Adam Hargreaves
15. “There will be obstacles… doubters… mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” — Michael Phelps
16. “The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.” — Arthur C. Clarke
17. “She was keen on the idea that a strong mind, enforced with a strong will, could overcome any difficulty.” — Karen Essex, Stealing Athena
18. “Losing weight is a mental challenge, not a physical one. If you can take control of your mind and body, the weight loss will follow.” — Unknown
19. “When your mind does not work, jump up and use your body, and when you feel your body is unhealthy, don’t forget to use your mind.” — Subhasis Banerji
20. “Mind over matter represents the triumph of will over physical hindrance. Our thoughts are our weapon against the world.” — David Adam, The Man Who Couldn’t Stop
Mind over matter quotes about what it means
21. “You know what you know. And you are the one who’ll decide where to go.” — Dr. Seuss
22. “New Agers have always told us that we create our own realities. Mind over matter.” — Ariel Gore
23. “Clear out your thoughts, don’t believe everything you think,it might be a trap within.” — Napz Cherub Pellazo
24. “Don’t dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.” — Buddha
25. “The mind is but the subtle part of the body… retain great strength in your mind and words.” — Swami Vivekananda
26. “You have power over your mind—not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” — Marcus Aurelius
27. “You really can’t have an attitude of ‘mind over matter’ if you no longer ‘mind’ about the things that ‘matter.’” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
28. “When something bad happens, you have three choices. You can either let it define you,… destroy you, or… strengthen you.” — Dr. Seuss
29. “You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control the way you think about all the events… choose to face them with a positive mental attitude.” — Roy T. Bennett
30. “If you are going to win any battle, you… have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do… the body is never tired if the mind is not tired… You’ve always got to make the mind take over and keep going.” — George S. Patton
More mind over matter quotes
31. “What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind.” — George Berkeley
32. “Mind over matter. You know you’re on my mind.” — Young The Giant, Mind Over Matter
33. “Fear not of men because men must die. Mind over matter and soul before flesh.” — Mos Def
34. “Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” — Jack Benny
35. “If you don’t like me, remember it’s mind over matter. I don’t mind, and you don’t matter.” — Dr. Seuss.
36. “Women represent the triumph of matter over mind, just as men represent the triumph of mind over morals.” — Oscar Wilde
37. “Mind over matter absolutely works, and I look forward to being able to turn myself into a pretzel at 60 years old.” — Suzzane Strisower
38. “This is an exercise in power—the power of mind over matter. If you don’t mind being inadequate, it doesn’t matter.” — Robert Fulghum
39. “I certainly don’t buy into the idea that positive attitudes can somehow mysteriously directly influence physical health outcomes.” ― James C. Coyne
40. “Mind over matter. There is no greater pain than what a mind can create. Be mindful. A healthy mind can remedy or cure almost anything.” — Melissa Keith
Inspirational and thoughtful mind over matter quotes
41. “Being rich and successful always starts with your mindset.” — William Scaec
42. “Your mind will quit a thousand times before your body will. Feel the fear and do it anyway.” — Cristina Ortiz
43. “Magic:… when the mind met the world, and the mind won for a change.” — Lev Grossman, The Magician King
44. “The powers of the mind are like the rays of the sun when they are concentrated they illumine.” — Swami Vivekananda
45. “If you don’t see, in your mind’s eye, a picture of yourself winning – then you won’t win; And not because you can’t.” — Summer Sanders
46. “We love being mentally strong, but we hate situations that allow us to put our mental strength to good use.” — Mokokoma Mokhonoana
47. “The mind is a matter over every kind of fortune; itself acts in both ways, being the cause of its own happiness and misery.” — Seneca the Younger
48. “I’ve always been a firm believer in mind over matter. If you don’t believe you can achieve, your body will start to believe this, and you’ll be stuck.” — Sheryl Swoopes
49. “The experience of life consists of the experience which the spirit has of itself in matter and as matter, in mind and as mind, in emotion, as emotion, etc.” — Franz Kafk
50. “Make up your mind that no matter what comes your way, no matter how difficult, no matter how unfair, you will do more than simply survive. You will thrive in spite of it.” — Ritu Ghatourey
What do you think about mind over matter?
The concept of mind over matter is ancient, and it can be used as a powerful tool for those willing to try it.
Human beings are capable of incredible feats of strength, flexibility, balance, and endurance.
The Guinness Book of World Records is full of them.
When people accomplish such feats, they certainly employ aspects of mind over matter.
It is often said that what we experience begins and ends with our thoughts and feelings about ourselves.
It is the idea that what we give power to has power over us.
Writer David Adam suggests that “Mind over matter represents the triumph of will over physical hindrance. Our thoughts are our weapon against the world.”
Our thoughts are powerful tools we can use to set certain mind-states and belief systems for ourselves that can allow us to get past inevitable roadblocks in life.
Keep an open mind; it matters.
Tell us your favorite mind over matter quote in the comment section below.