Our collection of Sadhguru quotes will overflow your life with wisdom, peace, and an enlightening perspective on the world around you.
Born Jaggi Vasudev, Sadhguru is an Indian yogi, mystic, and best-selling author.
You may also enjoy our article on:
What do you know about Sadhguru?
He is most well-known for his book Inner Engineering: A Yogi’s Guide to Joy, which is a The New York Times Best Seller.
The book details the author’s spiritual journey and delivers many different ways for the reader to seek their own spiritual growth.
Sadhguru currently travels the world to deliver motivational speeches, host yoga classes, and teach meditation.
Below, we have curated some of Sadguru’s most influential quotes about happiness, relationships, work, and more.
And for even more inspiration, be sure to also check out our compilation of spiritual quotes about inner peace and love.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Sadhguru quotes on relationships
1. “How deeply you touch another life is how rich your life is.” – Sadhguru
Everyday Application: We think of rich as a monetary qualifier. However, you can’t take money with you when you die, and having money doesn’t mean you are automatically a good person. Having a rich life consists of love, meaning, purpose, and relationships. The more people you move and inspire, the richer you will be.
You will also enjoy our article on Krishna quotes.
2. “Once you are clear about what you are doing and why, other people’s opinions will not matter.” – Sadhguru
Everyday Application: Find your “why.” Identifying the real motivation behind our thoughts and actions is essential to being self-aware. With that sense of self-awareness and purpose you will find that the opinions of other people do not matter, unless you allow them to.
You will also enjoy our article on seneca quotes.
3. “The way people are living today, I would say, never do unto others what you do unto yourself.” – Sadhguru
Everyday Application: We are far kinder to other people than we are to ourselves. Think about when someone comes to you with their frustrations about a mistake they made. You likely listen, offer them words of encouragement, and maybe even help them figure out what to do next. However, when we make a mistake, we do not give ourselves the same kindness. We say things. “I’m a loser,” or “I’m stupid.” Chances are you would never say that to your friend!
You will also enjoy our article on balance quotes.
4. “Every human being is capable of living absolutely blissfully within himself.” – Sadhguru
Everyday Application: Everything within yourself is something you can control. Your words, thoughts, behaviors, and efforts are all things that happen within you. If you are at peace with who you are and your beliefs about the world are aligned with finding peace within yourself, then you can have a happy life.
You will also enjoy our article on encouraging quotes.
5. “Unless you do the right things, the right things will not happen to you.” – Sadhguru
Everyday Application: This sounds a lot like Karma, which is defined as, “destiny or fate, following as effect from cause.” It also is aligned with the Law of Attraction. Doing the right thing feels good and impacts the people around you. Sometimes, the right things that happen to you will take a while to come around. However, what goes around comes around, and often in ways that you couldn’t imagine.
You will also enjoy our article on hayao miyazaki quotes.
6. “Love is your quality. Love is not what you do. Love is what you are.” – Sadhguru
Everyday Application: How can you ‘be love?’ It comes down to the type of energies and behaviors you put out into the world. Love is what you are whenever you are being kind and compassionate to someone. It is what you are when you value yourself and the people around you. Listening and communicating are other ways that you can ‘be love.’ Basically, anything that expresses care for another human is a way to show what you are through love.
You will also enjoy our article on peace quotes.
7. “If you are alone and getting bored then you are obviously in bad company.” – Sadhguru
Everyday Application: Turning inward should help you feel more aware of your thoughts and feelings. It can also be a way to bring calm and peace to your mind and body. If sitting alone with your thoughts is boring, then maybe figure think about some way to grow as a person.
8. “If you are very happy, you will do many more things than if you are unhappy.” – Sadhguru
Everyday Application: Happiness is a factor in motivation and productivity. Happier people tend to be in better control of their emotions. They are also out there making things happen instead of just remaining content. They are out there looking for new opportunities and seeking to understand things. When you are actively pursuing things, it makes sense that you would find something and ‘do more things.’
You will also enjoy our article on world peace quotes.
9. “Many people shy away from reality by gossiping.” – Sadhguru
Everyday Application: Gossiping is a great way to focus your energy on someone or something else. You might speculate about what that person is thinking or doing, but you likely do not really know. While you are busy doing all of that, you are neglecting your own reality!
10. “You can feel what you want to feel within yourself. It is very easy.” – Sadhguru
Everyday Application: These words are very easy to say, and while it is true, it is not always easy to put into practice. However, you can absolutely choose to feel gratitude instead of disappointment. You can choose forgiveness over anger. Learn more about emotional intelligence and management in this article.
Sadhguru quotes on happiness
11. “Don’t hold back your love, your joy, and your exuberance. Only what you give becomes your quality, not what you hold back.” – Sadhguru
Everyday Application: Let all of those emotions out and share them with the people around you. You will find they have a habit of making their way back to you, through someone else. Being miserly with your love and joy doesn’t mean you will have it for a rainy day. It means you are robbing yourself of the potential for even more love and joy.
12. “Even if I am with a million people, I am always alone. I do not see people as people. I see them as myself.” – Sadhguru
Everyday Application: While each of us is unique, there is a little of all of us in each other. We are all human. We feel the same emotions, bleed when cut, and cry salty tears. The world would be a much better place if we viewed other people as ourselves, and treated them accordingly.
13. “Love and hate are two sides of the same coin. Any moment, it can flip the other way. One can become the other.” – Sadhguru
Everyday Application: Love is defined as “an intense feeling of deep affection.” Hate is defined as “feel intense or passionate dislike for someone.” The key here is that both feelings are intense and passionate. If you didn’t have such intense feelings of affection, then you wouldn’t end up hating them intently.
14. “When you are all-inclusive, your experience of your existence becomes beautiful, and that is why you are joyful.” – Sadhguru
Everyday Application: Being inclusive means that you embrace everyone without regard to their race, gender, sexuality, or other factors. This will open you up to experiencing things through the eyes of those who are different than you. It is our differences that add beauty to the world/ They shouldn’t be feared, but rather embraced.
15. “Unless you begin to see the hollowness of where you are right now, you will not begin to seek something else strongly.” – Sadhguru
Everyday Application: Spend some time getting to know yourself and what you want in this life. If you could seek something new right now what would it be? If you don’t reflect on the vision for your life, become self-aware, and gain some direction, then you will not move from where you are.
16. “Our lives become beautiful not because we are perfect. Our lives become beautiful because we put our heart into whatever we do.” – Sadhguru
17. “It does not take much for a human being to live well. Only when you are trying to imitate someone else, it takes a lot.” – Sadhguru
Everyday Application: What does it really take for a human to live well? Well, I think we need food and water, a safe and warm space, loving relationships, and new experiences. We don’t actually require a house with more remodels than our neighbors, or a nicer car than our friends. Jealousy and comparison will rob you of joy!
18. “If all your energies are focused in one direction, enlightenment is not far away. After all, what you are seeking is already within you.” – Sadhguru
19. “If you want to know whether you are moving forward in life, just see if you are a little more joyful today than you were yesterday.” – Sadhguru
Everyday Application: Moving forward, finding your purpose, making your life easier, are each noble goals and aspirations. It can be hard to see the progress from day to day. However, gauging the amount of happiness and joyfulness you feel can be a good indicator. Then you can start asking yourself why you feel more joy today than you did yesterday.
20. “The mind is a powerful instrument. Every thought, every emotion that you create changes the very chemistry of your body.” – Sadhguru
21. “Whatever is your highest, you just contemplate upon that. Your inner and outer purity will happen naturally.” – Sadhguru
22. “There is too much talk about divine love, divine bliss, and divine peace. Love, bliss, and peace are all human qualities. Why export them to heaven?” – Sadhguru
You will also enjoy our article on spiritual awakening quotes.
23. “Whatever happens to you, you can either see it as a curse and suffer it, or you can see it as a blessing and make use of it.” – Sadhguru
Everyday Application: These words might make you feel a little uncomfortable, but they are true. You control how you see something. You can ask, “Why is this happening to me?” or you can ask, “How can I use the lesson I learn from this?” Your perspective about something will determine your attitude and the path that you take in response.
Also check out these Osho quotes on love, mindfulness, and more.
Sadhguru quotes on work
24. “Life is a process, not a problem. The question is only, have you prepared yourself for the process or not.” – Sadhguru
Everyday Application: How can you prepare for the process that is life? First off, there are a few things to realize about life. Number one, nothing is permanent. This includes love, relationships, your life, the lives of others, careers, financial stability, and anything else you can think of. It also means that your struggles are not permanent! Check out this article for more truths about life!
25. “Learning to listen is the essence of intelligent living.” – Sadhguru
26. “Learning is not about earning, but a way of flowering.” – Sadhguru
27. “We always work according to the circumstances.” – Sadhguru
28. “People who have failed in their lives, they are suffering their failure. People who have succeeded in their life, they are suffering their success.” – Sadhguru
29. “Money is definitely needed, but how much money do we really need? If we would change our idea of a successful life to a joyful life, we would find our need for money would dramatically decrease.” – Sadhguru
Everyday Application: Our society runs on money, so of course, we do need some. However, do we need as much as we think we do? How much is enough? It really comes down to how you view life and success. If you want a big giant house versus a just an adequate roof over your head, then you will need more money. Need a functioning car or the newest fastest model? Maybe you are content with public transportation or renting a car for traveling purposes? The bottom line is most people truly do not need as much money as they think they do. Money can not buy happiness!
30. “If you tell yourself you don’t want to think a certain thought, that is precisely the first thing your mind will produce! That is the nature of the human mind.” – Sadhguru
31. “If you are intelligent, the more deeply you look at life, the more you will fall into illusion. And this is a good thing.” – Sadhguru
32. “It is not the amount of action but the depth of experience that makes life rich and fulfilling.” – Sadhguru
33. “You need to know when to use logic and when not. All the beautiful things in life look stupid if you logically analyze them.” – Sadhguru
34. “No work is stressful. It is your inability to manage your body, mind, and emotions that make it stressful.” – Sadhguru
35. “You do not have to pursue something intensely; you as a being should become very intense.” – Sadhguru
Also check out these Bhagavad Gita quotes for when you seek inspiration and wisdom.
Sadhguru quotes on society
36. “Nothing has ever been out of place in this existence. Things have been out of place in human societies.” – Sadhguru
37. “Your soul can never be confused, your mind is confused.” – Sadhguru
38. “You cannot live here without trusting existence. If you trust consciously, lovingly, that’s devotion.” – Sadhguru
39. “Do not talk about the soul, heaven, or God. Talking about something that is not yet a reality for you amounts to falsehood.” – Sadhguru
40. “Without being in constant exchange with the rest of the cosmos, you cannot exist. The idea of individuality is an illusion.” – Sadhguru
41. “It is time we choose quality over quantity in our lives, in every sense. Only then we can save the planet.” – Sadhguru
42. “Do not do what you like – do what the world needs. Doing what you like is not freedom. Likes and dislikes are compulsive.” – Sadhguru
43. “The most precious thing in life is life itself. Are you getting it now or only on your deathbed?.” – Sadhguru
44. “Life is just a certain amount of time and energy. Putting this time and energy to maximum use for everyone’s well being is all that matters.” – Sadhguru
Other quotes by Sadhguru to inspire and teach
45. “Nothing in life is a problem – everything is a possibility.” – Sadhguru
46. “If human beings were experiencing life beyond the physical, violence would go down dramatically.” – Sadhguru
47. “A human is not a being, he is a becoming, he is an ongoing process, nothing is fixed. You can be whichever way you want to be.” – Sadhguru
48. “Only if the younger generation does things that the parents never imagined possible, can a society evolve?” – Sadhguru
49. “Incredible things can be done simply if we are committed to making them happen.” – Sadhguru
50. “Being together is the beginning. Working together in the middle. Dissolving together is the ultimate. My idea of “together” is seven billion people.” – Sadhguru
Sadhguru Quotes To Help You To Discover Your Happiness
51. “The most beautiful moments in life are moments when you are expressing your joy, not when you are seeking it.” ― Jaggi Vasudev
52. “When pain, misery, or anger happen, it is time to look within you, not around you.” ― Sadhguru
53. “If you choose, you can be joyful every moment of your life. It’s time you made your choice.” — Sadhguru
54. “The fear is simply because you are not living with life, you are living in your mind.” — Sadhguru
55. “Once your life is your expression of blissfulness, you will not be in conflict with anyone.” — Sadhguru
56. “Frustration, discouragement, and depression mean that you are working against yourself.” — Sadhguru
57. “A human being is like a seed. Either you can keep it as it is, or you can make it grow into a wonderful tree with flowers and fruits.” — Sadhguru
58. “When you are able to create yourself the way you want, you can craft your Destiny the way you want as well.” — Sadhguru
59. “Do not try to fix whatever comes in your life. Fix yourself in such a way that whatever comes, you will be fine.” — Sadhguru
60. “You cannot transform the world without transforming the individual.” — Sadhguru
You might also like these Mastery quotes by Robert Greene that inspire creativity towards success.
What brings you peace?
Sadhguru strives to help guide others through their personal and spiritual journey by sharing his unique perspective on life.
The yogi offers a compassionate, worldly view that has influenced millions of people around the globe to think differently.
Many people see the experiences within their own lives as black and white, right and wrong.
Sadhguru introduces the reader to a grey area and helps them find comfort in the fact that our universe is a complex place.
Accepting the complexities and uncertainties of the universe can be the first step to finding peace within oneself.
What’s your favorite Sadhguru quote listed above?
Have these wise Sadhguru quotes started a conversation between you and a friend or family member?
Let us know your thoughts down below.