Pool quotes make your day at the pool a lot more enjoyable.
There are so many reasons people enjoy spending time in the pool.
Some people like the fun and excitement of swimming and hanging out with friends in the pool.
Others enjoy the health benefit of things like swimming, water aerobics, and even soaking in extra vitamin D in the sunshine.
And there are still others that enjoy pool time because they like to relax and float around.
These awesome moments deserve a lovely photo to share on Instagram, and along with that picture, you need the perfect caption.
The following pool quotes can be just what you’re looking for.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Pool Quotes and analogies
Pools are often used in analogies to help make points. See if you gain a new perspective from the pool quote below.
1. “Either you decide to stay in the shallow end of the pool or you go out in the ocean.” – Christopher Reeve
2. “Time is a pool to swim and dream and create in.” – Jay Woodman
3. “This life is like a swimming pool. You dive into the water, but you can’t see how deep it is.” – Dennis Rodman
4. “The perfect pool is bright, But it has no color.” – John Tranter
5. “This summer I swam in the ocean, And I swam in a swimming pool, Salt my wounds, Chlorined my eyes, I’m a self-destructive fool.” – Loudon Wainwright III
6. “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. “Swimming is probably the ultimate of burnout sports.” – Diana Nyad
8. “Water for me is so essential, like swimming.” – Nastassja Kinski
9. “While I’m swimming, I sing songs in my mind.” – Alexander Popov
10. “All good writing is swimming under water and holding your breath.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
You will also enjoy our article on swimming quotes.
Most Captivating Pool Quotes
There is something about pools that draw us in and get our attention. Which of these quotes captures your attention?
11. “To have faith is to trust yourself to the water. When you swim you don’t grab hold of the water, because if you do you will sink and drown. Instead you relax, and float.” – Alan Watts
12. “If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do all the rest have to drown too?” – Steven Wright
13. “I love figure skating, so I do that as often as I can. Other than that I just go to the gym or swim. I love swimming.” – Jennette McCurdy
14. “Swimming is normal for me. I’m relaxed. I’m comfortable, and I know my surroundings. It’s my home.” – Michael Phelps
15. “If you’re a sailor, best not know how to swim. Swimming only prolongs the inevitable, if the sea wants you and your time has come.” – James Clavell
16. “I like to go for a walk or swimming or in the garden when I can. It’s a busy kind of life, but I guess I’m lucky.” – Brian May
17. “I concentrate on preparing to swim my race and let the other swimmers think about me, not me about them.” – Amanda Beard
18. “As a kid, I dreamed of playing in a warm land with a swimming pool.” – Henrik Larsson
19. “Chance is always powerful. Let your hook always be cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be fish.” – Ovid
20. “Dance with the waves, move with the sea. Let the rhythm of the water set your soul free.” – Christy Ann Martine
Impressive Pool Quotes
Some people prefer swimming in the ocean and all it has to offer. Others prefer the comfort and fresh water of a pool. These quotes weigh in on both.
21. “The conscious mind may be compared to a fountain playing in the sun and falling back into the great subterranean pool of subconscious from which it rises.” – Sigmund Freud
22. “A pool just isn’t the same as the ocean. It has no energy. No life.” – Linda Gerber
23. “Summer is the annual permission slip to be lazy.” – Regina Brett
24. “Believe in yourself, not only in swimming but in life itself. You have to have an open mind. If you’re not enjoying it, don’t do it. Life’s too short.” – Debbie Meyer
25. “Swimming isn’t everything, winning is.” – Mark Spitz
26. “The problem with the gene pool is that there’s no lifeguard.” – David Gerrold
27. “Summer brings sunshine, warm and flowering.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
28. “Haven’t been swimming on summer, ooh, Got the swimming pool blues.” – Miniature Tigers
29. “I can’t control what everyone else swims but if all goes well I know there are no limits.” – Leisel Jones
30. “When I dip, you dip, we dip!” – Freak Nasty
Pool Quotes for summer fun
Summer and pools go together well. When the weather starts to warm up, people start planning for that first exciting day at the pool. Enjoy these fun summery quotes to get you in the pool mood.
31. “A good swimmer is one who knows how to swim through the river of life without drowning.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
32. “The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it.” – Woodrow Wilson
33. “And we’ll all float on okay.” – Modest Mouse
34. “Summertime is always the best of what might be.” – Charles Bowden
35. “Life is a summer, full of fun, at the beach, under the sun.” – Debasish Mridha
36. “Summertime and the livin’ is easy.” – Porgy and Bess
37. “It’s a smile, it’s a kiss, it’s a sip of wine… it’s summertime!” – Kenny Chesney
38. “Summer means happy times and good sunshine.” – Brian Wilson
39. “Happiness consists in activity. It is running steam, not a stagnant pool.” – John Mason Good
40. “Success is not two cars or a swimming pool. It’s the approval of your peers.” – Peter Finch
Interesting Pool Quotes
Would you rather be sitting by the pool than doing anything else? Then these quotes are for you.
41. “Don’t wait for your ship to come in – swim out to it!” – Cathy Hopkins
42. “A huge part of swimming for me is I love it, and it is so much fun.” – Missy Franklin
43. “I have always wanted a swimming pool and never had one.” – Joan Didion
44. “Somehow I kept my head above water. I relied on the discipline, character, and strength that I had started to develop as that little girl in her first swimming pool.” – Esther Williams
45. “Hollywood is loneliness beside the swimming pool.” Liv Ullmann
46. “Some of the best memories are made in swimsuits.” – Unknown
47. “Enjoying my summer one splash at a time.” – Unknown
48. “Can sitting by the pool be my day job already?” – Unknown
49. “This summer is going swimmingly.” – Unknown
50. “When the pool calls you, you have to go.” – Unknown
Which of these Pool Quotes is the most fun?
Are you dreaming of the next time you get to go swimming or hang out at the pool?
You can start planning now for the best pool photos you can share on Instagram next time.
Think about what floats and props you can bring to the pool with you.
Consider installing pool lights, fire bowls, a pool bar, or speakers to improve your pool experience at your house.
And you can learn new tricks and strategies for taking the best underwater photos.
Don’t forget to share your pool experiences with friends. It’s always more fun to have others sharing the experience with you.
Until then, you can reread through these pool quotes, share your favorite quote and photo on Instagram, and dream of your next pool day.