If you are looking for quotes about mean people, we have something to share with you.
This article has provided you with a list of the top quotes about mean people.
Apart from our quotes section, you can also look at the content below.
Here, we have explained the major traits of mean people and how to avoid them.
If interested, please continue reading!
You might also like these related articles:
Who are Mean People?
Mean people are those who consistently exhibit negative behavior toward others.
Their actions and words can cause harm to others both emotionally and physically.
These people usually lack the following traits:
- Respect for the feelings of others
What are the Causes of Mean Behavior?
Mean behavior usually comes from the emotional issues that have been faced by a person since his/her childhood.
These emotional issues are deep-rooted and involve personal insecurities.
On various occasions, mean people find it difficult to steer through the hard times, which results in developing negative behavior.
How to Deal with Mean People
Here are the trusted and effective ways to deal with mean people:
- Stay Calm
- Show Empathy
- Set Your Boundaries
- Find Help or Support
- Limit Contact
When you are facing the menace of a mean person, it is imperative to stay calm.
You need to stay composed and avoid reacting to the harsh behavior of the other person.
By doing so, you can prevent further escalation of the situation.
While it could be challenging to understand the mean behavior, it would be better to show empathy to a mean person.
There are certain situations where a person struggles to cope with life’s challenges and eventually develops mean behavior.
In this situation, it would be better to deal with such a person carefully.
Set Your Boundaries
It is also imperative to set clear boundaries when dealing with a mean person.
This can help to protect your overall emotional well-being.
In addition, you can also avoid engaging in unwanted conflicts or arguments.
If nothing works, it would be appropriate for you to limit your contact with a mean person.
By simply cutting off from mean people, it is possible to avoid damaging your mental tranquility.
Apart from this, limiting contact can also help avoid situations where you can lose your temper.
Top 10 Quotes About Mean People
This section contains the top 10 quotes about mean people showing their characteristics.
1. “Mean people are no fun.” — Thom Filicia
2. “Mean people are meaningless.” — Alice Hoffman
3. “Words don’t mean, people mean.” — Alfred Korzybski
4. “The police are very mean people sometimes.” — Vince Staples
5. “I love to play horrible, evil, mean people.” — Mary Steenburgen
6. “Being mean about other people is not on my radar.” — Geri Halliwell
7. “Nothing is more unpleasant than a virtuous person with a mean mind.” — Walter Bagehot
8. “There is no greater stupidity or meanness than to take uniformity for an ideal.” — George Santayana
9. “Your success, your life, your happiness. Don’t let mean people bring that down.” — Taylor Swift
10. “The love of these people and my fans mean more than any award or special accomplishment.” — Wynonna Judd
Quotes About Mean People Showing Reasons Behind Being Mean
Read the following quotes to know some reasons behind being mean.
11. “Sometimes people are mean because they feel insecure about themselves.” — E. Lockhart
12. “People who are mean or unkind or rigid – think about it – cannot laugh at themselves.” — Eileen Brennan
13. “People are not mean to us because they don’t like us, but because they don’t like themselves.” — Jodi Aman
14. “People are only mean when they’re threatened, and that’s what our culture does. That’s what our economy does.” — Mitch Albom
15. “It’s a lot easier to be mean than to be nice. So mean people, on top of being jerks, are also lazy and uninventive.” — Casey Neistat
16. “Some people have a necessity to be mean as if they were exercising a faculty which they had to neglect since early childhood partially.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
17. “In my experience, meanness has been a symptom, not a state of being. I have met very few truly mean people, and those I have met have also been rather miserable people.” — Tom Walsh
18. “I love to have battles of the wits with people that can dish fast and dirty – and it leads to problems occasionally, ’cause I can sound mean without attempting to be mean.” — Alton Brown
19. “Mean people are really just sad people. They hurt others because they are hurting. Every person is born beautiful, and much of the ugliness in others was put inside of them by other hurting people.” — Bryant McGill
20. “Nothing is an accident: it’s always someone’s fault; perhaps-but no one teaches us how to live with our mistakes. Everyone is isolated, alone with his or her anguish and guilt, and too penetrating a question can mean people are not able to face one another the next day.” — Nadeem Aslam
Sarcastic Quotes About Mean People
These are some great sarcastic quotes related to mean people that you will enjoy reading.
21. “No mean person is mean all the time.” — Stefan Molyneux
22. “Pretty, and you may be talented, but nobody will remember that if you’re mean.” — Katie Holmes
23. “If you’re really a mean person, you’re going to come back as a fly and eat poop.” — Kurt Cobain
24. “When you have been on Instagram and Twitter long enough, you know how mean people can be.” — Jonathan Van Ness
25. “When you give a lesson in meanness to a critter or a person, don’t be surprised if they learn their lesson.” — Will Rogers
26. “You don’t think that means people can be funny, and Jane Lynch is the epitome of that. If there could be, like, a gay version of ‘Mean Girls,’ I’d totally be in it.” — Alex Newell
27. “When I want to show the kind of meanness people are capable of, to make it believable, I find I have to tone it down. It’s in real life that people are over the top.” — Todd Solondz
28. “The only time that I really go on Twitter is to promote because what sucks is there’s some weird trolling going around. Even if you are well-intentioned, there are some mean people behind a keyboard.” — Michael Pena
29. “It is inbred in us that we have to do exceptional things for God: but we have not. We have to be exceptional in the ordinary things, to be holy in mean streets, among mean people, and this is not learned in five minutes” — Oswald Chambers
30. “Atlanta is the number one place to live. You live better; you eat better; the rides are better; vehicles are better deals. It’s better for people. More mean people, but at my level, you want it to be about business, so it’s perfect for me.” — Young Thug
Quotes About Mean People Showing Opinions
People have various opinions about mean people that are related to their meanness. So read these opinions of people that will help you in establishing your opinion as well.
31. “People don’t mind being mean, but they never want to be ridiculous.” — Moliere
32. “India needs to intensify its security even if it means people are inconvenienced.” — Raj Thackeray
33. “I hate mean people. People who just pick at you and try to force you into a train wreck.” — Method Man
34. “It is a materialistic world full of mean people and not a place for people like me who value emotions.” — Rakhi Sawant
35. “At the end of the day, the internet is full of mean people. Who are these people in their everyday life? I pray for them.” — Ayesha Curry
36. “There’s a lot of things that are said on the American Idol message board. I quit reading them because most of the people are very mean.” — Carrie Underwood
37. “It is a good rule in life never to apologize. The right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them.” — P. G. Wodehouse
38. “I just mean people who seem unavailable in the sense that they’re not prepared to cling to anyone totally. I’m very attracted to people who are basically free spirits.” — George Michael
39. “I’m a very good storyteller; I have a lot of compassion for people. That’s very useful for a novelist. A lot of novelists are snots. They’re just mean people. I’m not a terribly skilled stylist, nor do I want to be. I want a lot of people to read one of my stories and go, ‘That was pretty cool’.” — James Patterson
40. “You have to recognize that some people, whether they know it or not, are just mean-spirited. If someone delivers messages to you in a harsh and negative way all the time, it’s time for you to evaluate why you allow them to speak into your life. Release negative people because that energy is unhealthy. They can keep that.” — Rorree Tillman
Quotes About Mean People Showing Their Effects On Others
The following quotes show how mean people affect others with their meanness.
41. “Mean people are always around to teach us the meaning of life!!” — Bharath Jackson
42. “The most effective adaptation of racism over time is the idea that racism is conscious bias held by mean people.” — Robin DiAngelo
43. “I don’t make enemies; it’s just I’m not afraid to speak my mind, which can sometimes mean people don’t like what I am saying.” — Alan Sugar
44. “Well, you know, when people say stuff about you, it’s always really flattering. But does it mean anything to me? It’s not really real to me; there’s no reality to it.” — Paul Giamatti
45. “Mick’s not good at his own problems, but he’s very good at other people’s. He’s been wonderful over the years. I don’t mean I ring him up every week, but he’s fantastic.” — Charlie Watts
46. “School is just like having a job. You have to show up, you have to do your work, and you have to be around tons of idiots or mean people. Now that I think about it, it’s worse than having a job. At least there you get paid.” — Elizabeth Scott
47. “And I could weep at how mean people are and how they betray their fellow creatures, perhaps for the sake of personal advantage. It is enough to make a person lose heart sometimes. I often wish I lived on a Robinson Crusoe island.” — Sophie Scholl
48. “Because that’s the thing about mean people. They make you think that the world will never work, that there are divides that you will fall into if you approach. It takes a whole lot of good people to fill in the breach created by a single mean one.” — David Levithan
49. “I like living in my head because in there, everyone is kind and innocent. Once you start integrating yourself into the world, you realize that people are nasty, mean creatures. They’re worse than zombies. People try to crush your soul and destroy your happiness, but zombies just want to have a little nibble of your brain.” — J. Cornell Michel
50. “I wish all the mean people, if you want to be mean to each other, just buy a country together and blow each other up. Then we’d have no terrorists left. Like, don’t kill innocent people for no reason. It’s not fair. We love everybody. We’d even like them if they said they’re sorry. It’s not fair that innocent people are getting hurt. It makes me sad.” — Tara Reid
Which of these Quotes about Mean People is your Favorite?
It is normal to encounter mean people, so you need to stay composed and avoid entering an unpleasant situation.
For this purpose, you must understand the true causes of mean behavior.
We can learn this and help others learn by sharing mean people quotes.
To help you find quotes about mean people, we have created a list of such quotes.
You just need to browse through our list of quotes.
If you have found a quote that inspires you the most, do share it with us via the comments section.
We would love to hear from you.