We have collected some lovely and inspirational red hair quotes to encourage all of our redhead beauties.
But first, let’s check out some amazing stats about red hair.
- Around 1-2% of the general global population has red hair, also called orange hair and ginger hair.
- Red hair is more common in people of Northern or Northwestern European ancestry, where it goes up to 6%.
- The color of red hair can range from rich burgundy to brilliant copper, auburn, burnt orange, red-orange, or strawberry blond.
- Red hair is linked to fair skin, lighter eyes, freckles, and sensitivity to ultraviolet light. It is characterized by high quantities of reddish pigment and comparatively low levels of dark pigment.
History of red hair
The redhead has received a mixed bag from history.
Depending on the shade of their crowning glory, people with red hair are either revered or mocked, which has always created a divide in opinions.
Redheads have been characterized as attractive and courageous or promiscuous, wild, hot-tempered, violent, or immoral throughout history.
Red hair has many nicknames, including gingernut, carrot top, flame-haired, copper head, and rusty.
The hair color is also linked by the modern imagination to particular nations and civilizations, such as the Vikings or Scotland and Ireland.
The complex roots of red hair and how people react to different things play a role in these attitudes and associations.
Although 40% of people have the red hair gene, only 1% are real redheads.
Perks of having red hair
Red hair is only found in 2% of the world’s population, including magical unicorns or pink starbursts.
Following is the list of perks only associated with red hair people.
They host a festival of their own
Many individuals with naturally red hair attend the festival, known as Roodharigendag, which is held in the Netherlands.
They can make vitamin D on their own
According to a health magazine, Redheads can make their own vitamin D when exposed to low levels of sunshine.
They might not require as many painkillers
The MC1R gene, which causes red hair, also secretes an endorphin-like hormone that lessens pain perception; as a result, redheads require fewer painkillers to manage illnesses.
Redheads don’t get gray hairs
Red hair usually initially turns blond, then white.
Left-handedness is more prevalent in people with red hair.
Recessive traits frequently occur in pairs; therefore, it is typical for people to have both red hair and left-handedness qualities.
Blue-eyed redheads are extremely uncommon
The rarest combination on the planet is blue eyes and red hair.
The most common eye color of natural redheads is brown, followed by green or hazel.
Redheads are inherently creative
The Birth of Venus by Sandro Botticelli is only one example of how many painters opted to portray muses with red hair throughout art history.
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of hair quotes that will boost your confidence.
Top 10 red hair quotes
Here we are going to present the top 10 best red hair quotes. So read and enjoy.
1. “I love my red hair. It makes me spunkier.” — Lindsay Lohan
2. “Red hair, sir, in my opinion, is dangerous.” — P.G. Wodehouse
3. “Blondes are noticed but redheads are never forgotten.” — J.D. Salinger
4. “I love that our hair isn’t simply a color, but a real identity.” — Erin La Rosa
5. “If you’re betwixt and between, trust the one with red hair.” — O.R. Melling
6. “You don’t mess with redheads. Even when they’re blond.” — P.J. Manney
7. “Red hair is great. It’s rare, and therefore superior.” — Augusten Burroughs
8. “She had brilliant red hair, like honey and roses and the sun all together.” — Kiera Cass
9. “When red-headed people are above a certain social grade their hair is auburn.” — Mark Twain
10. “Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead.” — Lucille Ball
Red hair quotes from famous redheaded celebrities
Most red-haired people never had it easy, but you will eventually grow to love your hair as these celebrities did.
11. “I’m stronger and sassier as a redhead.” — Kate Walsh
12. “I’m sick of having red hair, but people seem to like that aesthetic.” — Rachel Hurd-Wood
13. “Redheads. we’re a limited edition of fascination. A unique & rare blend of awesomeness.” — Stephanie Lahart
14. “I got very lucky with ‘Harry Potter.’ I got that role because I’m a ginger! Red hair was my only qualification!” — Domhnall Gleeson
15. “Natural redheads do not turn gray like blondes and brunettes do. Red hair initially tends to turn blonde and then white.” — Adrienne Vendetti
16. “The thing I love the most about my red hair is the same reason why I used to hate it, and it’s the fact that it makes me different.” — Rebecca Mader
17. “I’ve had years of teasing about my red hair, but I definitely think it toughened me up. If you’re ginger, you end up pretty quick-witted.” — Ed Sheeran
18. “Precise historical reasons are difficult to pinpoint, but red hair, it seems, bestows a sense of otherness. Red is the colour of blood and danger.” — Kate Williams
19. “I’m either thought of as ethereal or fiery. And maybe that’s the interesting thing about red hair: there’s that fiery Renaissance connotation and the ethereal.” — Jessica Chastain
20. “With the red hair, you get the white skin; it’s a package deal. The cons are that you never look particularly attractive on the beach. The pros are in a softly lit room, you look pretty.” — Marcia Cross
Inspirational red hair quotes
To the gingers who feel like an outcast, heed these quotes, and you will surely be more confident in your hair.
21. “Red hair, in general, flows very thick, and it is uncommonly strong.” — Daniel Jay Browne, The Naturalist
22. “All the redheads are beautiful, whether it is redheaded kids, redheads boys, or a girl with red hair.” — Sophia Lunar
23. “I definitely know that I’m quirky. I know that I’m different. Red hair definitely made me different growing up.” — Jayma Mays
24. “Hair is a huge part of a redhead’s identity, not only because the color is unique, but also because it defines a person.” — Adrienne Vendetti
25. “I’m part of the small population that naturally has this gorgeous color, and that makes me and my fellow gingers so incredibly unique.” — Erin La Rosa
26. “In a perfect world, mothers would remind their daughters each morning of how beautiful their strong noses are, or how special their curly red hair is.” — Bobbi Brown
27. “It is observed that the redheaded of both sexes are more libidinous and mischievous than the rest, whom yet they much exceed in strength and activity.” — Jonathan Swift
28. “A lot of people say I can’t do it because I’m blind, or I have red hair, or my feet are too big. Get the right team around you, don’t set boundaries, and go for it.” — Sabriye Tenberken
29. “All the action adventure girls have red hair. Whenever it is an independent girl, not a sidekick person when she has her own mind or does as good as the guys, she has beautiful red hair.” — Marion Roach
30. “The foundation of all human knowledge, the beginning of human consciousness, must be that each and every one of us is an object of love. Before you know if you have red hair or brown, before you know if you are black or white before you know of what religion you are a part, you have to know that you are loved.” — Michael Jackson
Red hair quotes for Instagram
Searching for red hair quotes to post on Instagram? Here is a great collection of quotes you would love to share on this platform.
31. “Red hair stigmatizes you.” — David Caruso
32. “Natural Redheads Rock!” — Stephanie Lahart
33. “Keeping this red hair is not simple.” — Eva Marie
34. “I love redheads. It’s not the hair color, it’s crazy.” — Michael Makai
35. “Redheads keep the world on fire and men’s hearts ablaze.” — Kaliana Dietrich
36. “We redheads are a minority, we tend to notice each other and notice our identity.” — Julianne Moore
37. “She was a woman with red hair and green eyes— the traits which Satan supposedly relished most in mortal females.” — Robert Joseph Shea
38. “My favorite feature is my red hair. Why wouldn’t it be? It sets me apart from other people who don’t have red hair, and it instantly bonds me with people who do.” — Ellie Kemper
39. “One of my favorite things is to pass another natural redhead on the street, and do that little acknowledgment thing that redheads do – a small nod, a tiny smile – we’re proud and we cheer each other on.” — Erin La Rosa
40. “Her heavy peasant face was fringed by a bang of red hair like a woolen table-spread, a color at once strange and attractive, an obstinate color, a color that seemed to make Lena feel something alien and bad-tempered had settled over her forehead.” — Djuna Barnes
Funny red hair quotes
And you can also share something funny and catchy in your next caption from the following red hair quotes.
41. “I like having hair that looks like a volcano is erupting.” — Karen Gillan
42. “People with red hair are supposed to get mad very easily.” — J.D. Salinger
43. “People who haven’t red hair don’t know what trouble is.” — Lucy Maud Montgomery
44. “Redheaded women are either violent or false and usually are both.” — French Proverb
45. “You would find it easier to be bad than good if you had red hair.” — Anne of Green Gables
46. “‘You’re not a woman,’ he said finally. ‘You’re the Grim Reaper with red hair!’” — Jeaniene Frost
47. “While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats.” — Mark Twain
48. “If you’ve got red hair, try washing it in cranberry juice. And, if you’re blonde, a champagne rinse can work wonders.” — Nicole Kidman
49. “The blood of a redheaded woman is three degrees cooler than the blood of a normal woman. This has been established by medical studies.” — Joe Hill
50. “Redheaded women! Those blood oranges! Those cherry bombs! Those celestial shrews and queens of copper! May they never cease to stain our white-bread lives with super-natural catsup.” — Tom Robbins
Which red hair quotes did you like the most?
We hope you loved reading so many fun and inspirational quotes about red hair.
If you didn’t like your red hair before, you must do it now, given that all these famous red-haired celebrities are so proud of themselves and so should you.
Red-haired people are so attractive and unique that they never go unnoticed.
Let us know in the comment section which red hair quote you enjoyed the most.