Stylish Hair Quotes that Will Boost Your Confidence
August 30, 2022 5:00 AM EST
These hair quotes will boost your confidence and motivate you to wear whatever type of hair you have with pride.
What is the first thing you notice about someone?
Is it their eyes?
For many people, the answer is hair.
Hair can be a signifier of an individual’s personality; therefore, hair is one of the first attributes noticed when people meet.
Do you feel more confident when your hair is natural or when it’s been straightened or curled?
Do you prefer to color your hair, or are you proud to let your roots show?
Maybe you don’t have hair, either on purpose or by nature.
No matter what kind of hair you have, the way you style it is your choice.
Your haircut, color, and style are all hints at your personality.
Choosing the right hairstylist is important!
Below is our collection of epic hair quotes and sayings to inspire your next look.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Wild Hair quotes
1. “My hair doesn’t take well to instruction.” – Leigh Bardugo
2. “Her messy hair a visible attribute of her stubborn spirit. As she shakes it free, she smiles knowing wild is her favorite color” – J. Iron Word
3. “Red hair, sir, in my opinion, is dangerous.” ― P.G. Wodehouse
4. “My hair had grown out long and shaggy—not in that sexy-young-rock-star kind of way but in that time-to-take-Rover-to-the-groomer kind of way.” ― Jim Butcher
5. “People who worry about their hair all the time, frankly, are boring.” – Barbara Bush
6. “I love redheads. It’s not the hair color, it’s the crazy.” ― Michael Makai
7. “Look, moon – I turned silver for you.” – Sanober Khan
8. “I swear that girl was born with a pen in her hand, the moon in her hair, and stars in her soul.” – Melody Lee
You might also like these fashion quotes celebrating design and your favorite designers.
Hair quotes about beauty
9. “She was the most beautiful creature on Earth – her hair said so in that language only hair can speak.” – Gabriel Bá
10. “Her own hair was a glory of copper fire that morning, shining like a whisky still, long and loose in gentle flames down her back.” – Elizabeth Wein
11. “Have you ever buried your nose in a mountain of curls, and just wanted to go to sleep forever?” – Bo Goldman
12. “Hairdressers are a wonderful breed. You work one on one with another human being, and the object is to make them feel so much better, and to look at themselves with a twinkle in their eye.” – Vidal Sassoon
13. “Life is more beautiful when you meet the right hairdresser.” – Peter Coppola
14. “Invest in your hair. That’s the crown you will never take off.” – Unknown
15. “People will stare. Make it worth their while.” – Harry Winston
You might also like these blonde quotes that will have you questioning some blonde stereotypes.
Hair quotes about not having hair
16. “There is one thing about baldness: it’s neat.” – Don Herold
17. “Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man – there’s your diamond in the rough.” – Larry David
18. “There is nothing more contemptible than a bald man who pretends to have hair.” – Marcus Valerius Martial
19. “It is foolish to tear one’s hair in grief, as though sorrow would be made less by baldness.” –Marcus Tullius Cicero
20. “The best advice I can give to young stylists is marry bald, so you have one less free haircut to do on your day off.” – Unknown
21. “I have little hair because my brain is so big it pushes the hair out.” – Silvio Berlusconi
22. “Hair loss is God’s way of telling me I’m human.” – Bruce Willis
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of barber quotes about the medieval profession we still value today.
Funny hair quotes
23. “A good stylist is cheaper than a good therapist.” – Unknown
24. “So, you don’t want to change the color and you don’t want to go shorter and you don’t want extensions but you’re ready for a whole new look… um okay.” – Unknown
25. “My hair was famous before I was.” – Christopher Walken
26. “Pull the hair on my head the wrong way, and I would be on my knees begging for mercy. I have very sensitive follicles.” ― Benedict Cumberbatch
27. “Well, in this world of basic stereotyping, give a guy a big nose and some weird hair and he is capable of anything.” – Frank Zappa
28. “When God takes a shower, waterfalls come to life around the world. When I take a shower, my hair usually clogs the drain.” – Anthony T. Hincks
Hair quotes that show personality
29. “Hair style is the final tip-off whether or not a woman really knows herself.” – Hubert De Givenchy
30. “Hair brings one’s self-image into focus; it is vanity’s proving ground. Hair is terribly personal, a tangle of mysterious prejudices.” – Shana Alexander
31. “My hair has become part of my identity; it’s almost an appendage to me.” – Troy Polamalu
32. “My curls defined me; even my personality was curly, bouncy, springy, and playfully twisted.” – Elise Allen
33. “The worse the haircut, the better the man.” – John Green
34. “They’re not gray hairs. They’re wisdom highlights.” – Unknown
35. “A woman who cuts her hair drastically is set to make some decisions.” – Weike Wang
36. “Gray hair is a blessing — ask any bald man.” – Unknown
37. “If your hair is done properly and you’re wearing good shoes, you can get away with anything.” – Iris Apfel
38. “There’s a reason why forty, fifty, and sixty don’t look the way they used to, and it’s not because of feminism, or better living through exercise. It’s because of hair dye. In the 1950’s only 7 percent of American women dyed their hair; today there are parts of Manhattan and Los Angeles where there are no gray-haired women at all.” ― Nora Ephron
39. “But I like my big Afro. I also liked when my hair was longer and relaxed. I’m happy to have choices. They’re mine to make” – Nicola Yoon
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of red hair quotes to make your day.
More hair quotes to inspire you
40. “Life is short. You might as well live it with really great hair.” – Unknown
41. “I think that the most important thing a woman can have- next to talent, of course- is her hairdresser.” – Joan Crawford
42. “It doesn’t matter if your life is perfect as long as your hair color is.” – Stacy Snapp Killian
43. “A woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life.” – Coco Chanel
44. “I stared at her black hair. It was shiny like the promises in magazines.” ― Alice Sebold
45. “Growth of human hair is the absolute blessing for a barber” – Munia Khan
46. “Even a single hair casts its shadow.” – Publilius Syrus
47. “For me, the working of hair is architecture with a human element.” – Vidal Sassoon
48. “Some of the worst mistakes in my life were haircuts” ― Jim Morrison
49. “I do maintain that if your hair is wrong, your entire life is wrong.” – Morrissey
50. “Gorgeous hair is the best revenge.” – Ivana Trump
More fascinating hair quotes
51. “It seemed to be a law of society that hair must be parted and brushed.” ― Kate Chopin
52. “Brushing her hair until it snapped with electricity.” ― Carolyn Keene
53. “Her albino hair illuminated my dreams, shining brighter than moonlight.” ― Anna Kavan
54. “Curling your hair is an intrinsically hopeful act. I like to curl mine at night and think of all the things that could happen tomorrow.” ― Jenny Han
55. “Her hair falls down like tears” ― Angela Carter
56. “When mama does my hair, she spills all the tea.” ― Alicia D. Williams
57. “Just wait until you get to be my age. If there’s a hair that isn’t gray, it’s an achievement. Getting old means getting ugly.” ― Jean-Luke Swanepoel
58. “A flurry of snowflakes leaves marshmallows of love in my hair.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
59. “I love the feeling of the fresh air on my face and the wind blowing through my hair.” ― Evel Knievel
60. “Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.” ― Khalil Gibran
Relaxing Hair Quote To Make You Feel Gorgeous
61. “Showing up is like 90% of the battle, and just make sure your hair is really cute.” — William Belli
62. “The beauty of having short hair is that I actually can wash and style it at home!” — Meagan Good
63. “If your hair is relaxed, white people are relaxed. If your hair is nappy, they’re not happy.” — Paul Mooney
64. “If they ever do my life story, whoever plays me needs lots of hair color and high heels.” — Charlize Theron
65. “I always feel good after I change my hair. You get a haircut and feel positive and ready to take on the day.” — Kristin Maldonado
66. “Guys who know how to use a blowdryer—their hair is too long!” — Mallory Hopkins
67. “I’d love to kiss ya, but I just washed my hair.” — Bette Davis
68. “I’m enjoying the aging process and the gray hair and the wrinkles.” — Chris Pine
69. “Gray hairs seem to my fancy like the soft light of the moon, silvering over the evening of life.” — John Paul
70. “Hair color is the easiest way to change your appearance, but a bad dye job might draw more attention to you.” — Lisa Lutz
What does your hair say about you?
Hair is a multi-billion-dollar industry.
Both men and women around the world spend hundreds of dollars a month to keep up the look they love.
But not everyone is about that life.
Some people are happier letting their locks grow wild or shaving off their hair completely.
Whatever your style, one thing is for sure – your hair is totally unique and so are you.
Did these hair quotes and sayings boost your confidence?
Do you love your hair the way it grows naturally or did these quotes inspire you to make a change?
Maybe you’re ready to take the plunge and bleach your hair and dye it blue.
Let us know in the comments below!
Art C Eddie Be
April 8, 2022 at 1:38 PM
My wife said to me recently, when I was on my way to get a haircut, “Don’t get a haircut, let your hair grow wild”. Naturally, I did not get the haircut. And I wasn’t sure what was meant by her comment.
The next say, I entered “Let your hair grow wild” into the search bar on my laptop computer and alas, I read various comments about the importance of hairstyles, haircuts, etc. to many people. I never really gave it much thought before today. Kinda cool. Peace out!