There’s only one way to get better in life; these training quotes will show you how.
Life is all about growing and developing.
Tell us which training quote you found most inspiring in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these training quotes?
No matter how old you get, there is always more to learn and ways that you can continue to grow.
However, getting better at anything in life isn’t necessarily easy.
Instead, it takes work.
When society sees people succeed in any area of life, it often looks like an overnight success.
However, it’s usually just that society didn’t see all the hard work and training that went into the success behind the scenes.
Whether training your body or mind, it’s the only way towards real success.
Training your mind and body might look like this:
- Make sure you eat well, get enough sleep, and engage in physical activity
- Read books about self-development or learn new skills
- Traveling and learning about different people and cultures
To motivate you along your journey, below, you’ll find our collection of inspirational, wise, and thoughtful training quotes and sayings collected from various sources over the years.
Training Quotes about Success
You may also like these support quotes for people you love.
1. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, it is that we are powerful beyond measure.” — Marianne Williamson
You will also enjoy our article on quotes by famous people.
2. “Success in management requires learning as fast as the world is changing.” – Warren Bennis
3. “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough we must do.” – Goethe
You will also enjoy our article on quality quotes.
4. “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.” — Richard Branson
5. “Don’t complain. Just work harder.” — Randy Pausch
6. “In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn.” – Phil Collins
7. “Job training empowers people to realize their dreams and improve their lives.” — Sylvia Matthews Burwell
8. “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” — Benjamin Frankin
9. “In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.” — Yogi Berra
10. “Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.” – John F. Kennedy
Training quotes on the importance of training
11. “An individual step in character training is to put responsibility on the individual.” – Robert Baden-Powell
12. “For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.” – Aristotle
13. “Self education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is. ” – Isaac Asimov
14. “When you’ve got something to prove, there’s nothing greater than a challenge.” – Terry Bradshaw
15. “The most important part of education is proper training in the nursery.” – Plato
16. “The beautiful thing about learning is that nobody can take it away from you.” – B.B. King
You will also enjoy our article on finish strong quotes.
17. “If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you’ll find an excuse.” – Ryan Blair
You will also enjoy our article on Training Day quotes.
18. “Physical fitness can neither be achieved by wishful thinking nor outright purchase.” — Joseph Pilates
You will also enjoy our article on introduction quotes.
19. “Be stronger than your strongest excuse. Be greater than your most negative voice.” – Alan Maiccon
You will also enjoy our article on discipline quotes.
20. “Wisdom…. comes not from age, but from education and learning.” – Anton Chekhov
Don’t forget to also check out these walking quotes and sayings about the mental, physical, and emotional benefits.
Training Quotes to Inspire You to Keep Going
21. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
You will also enjoy our article on passion quotes.
22. “Learn as if you were not reaching your goal and as though you were scared of missing it” – Confucius
You will also enjoy our article on Bonnie and Clyde quotes.
23. “For the best return on your money, pour your purse into your head.” – Benjamin Franklin
You will also enjoy our article on intention quotes.
24. “Learning never exhausts the mind.” – Leonardo da Vinci
You will also enjoy our article on new job quotes.
25. “You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him discover it within himself.” – Galileo Galilei
26. “I am always doing that which I cannot do in order that I may learn how to do it.” – Pablo Picasso
27. “I’m like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath.” – Fred Shero
28. “Don’t decrease the goal. Increase the effort.” — Tom Coleman
29. “It’s in my blood to be around people while I was training.” – Muhammad Ali
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of Muhammad Ali quotes on life, love and being a champion.
30. “Right now, your competition is training.” — Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of Henry Ford quotes from one of America’s greatest pioneers.
Training Quotes About Working Hard
31. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
32. “The battles that count aren’t the ones for gold medals. The struggles within yourself – the invisible, inevitable battles inside all of us – that’s where it’s at.” — Jesse Owens
33. “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” – Derek Jeter
Also check out these wrestling quotes that will inspire you to never give up.
Training Quotes About Learning
34. “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
35. “An organization’s ability to learn, and translate that learning into action rapidly, is the ultimate competitive advantage.” – Jack Welch
36. “Sixty years ago I knew everything; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.” – Will Durant
37. “Not every difficult and dangerous thing is suitable for training, but only that which is conducive to success in achieving the object of our effort.” – Epictetus
38. “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.” – Henry Ford
39. “Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work gains success. Greatness will come.” – Dwayne Johnson
Powerful Training Quotes
40. “Where my reason, imagination, or interest were not engaged, I would not or could not learn.” –Sir Winston Churchill
41. “The key is not the will to win. Everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important.” — Bobby Knight
42. “Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back, everything is different.” — Prince Caspian
43. “Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education.” – Mark Twain
44. “I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.” — Bruce Lee
45. “The only thing worse than training your employees and having them leave is not training them and having them stay.” – Henry Ford
46. “Running taught me valuable lessons. In cross-country competition, training counted more than intrinsic ability, and I could compensate for a lack of natural aptitude with diligence and discipline. I applied this in everything I did.” – Nelson Mandela
47. “What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn’t think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
48. “One word: ‘fight.’ Anyone can do it when it feels good. When you’re hurting, that’s when it makes a difference, so you have to keep fighting.” – Erin Cafaro
49. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’” – Muhammad Ali
50. “On the mountains of truth you can never climb in vain: either you will reach a point higher up today, or you will be training your powers so that you will be able to climb higher tomorrow.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
Training quotes to motivate you
51. “Nothing great was ever achieved without a personal sacrifice. You have to pay the price to realize your goals.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
52. “Training sessions are vital to the learning process, but they are only one step in the learning process and this should never be forgotten.” – Ravinder Tulsiani
53. “Training alone is rarely the answer to ensuring successful behavior change in the work environment.” – Ravinder Tulsiani
54. “Practice is the hardest part of learning, and training is the essence of transformation.” – Ann Voskamp
55. “Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character.” – Alan Armstrong
56. “The essence of training is to allow error without consequence.” – Orson Scott Card
57. “Disciplined training is a prerequisite for true artistic spontaneity.” – Ernest Cadorin
58. “All training except the most basic either secures or disestablishes things as they are.” – John Taylor Gatto
59. “Training is necessary for toughness.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
60. “If you convert your time into training, you will be wise.” – Sunday Adelaja
More training quotes and sayings
61. “Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.” — Muhammad Ali
62. “Every training session, I work hard to improve my weaknesses and build on my strengths.” – Antoine Griezmann
63. “The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit.” – Morihei Ueshiba
64. “Training gives us an outlet for suppressed energies created by stress and thus tones the spirit just as exercise conditions the body.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
65. “It’s all to do with the training: you can do a lot if you’re properly trained.” – Queen Elizabeth II
66. “I train and I go home, and when I’m home, I think about training. That’s my life every day, and that’s it.” – Conor McGregor
67. “You are your greatest asset. Put your time, effort and money into training, grooming, and encouraging your greatest asset.” – Tom Hopkins
68. “The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in combat.” – Navy SEAL’s
69. “If you train hard, you’ll not only be hard, you’ll be hard to beat.” – Herschel Walker
70. “The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” – Muhammad Ali
Famous Training Quotes from Athletes
71. “Overpower. Overtake. Overcome.” —Serena Williams
72.“Passion first and everything will fall into place.” —Holly Holm
73. “The past doesn’t matter. Take today.” —Becky Sauerbrunn
74. “You can’t always be the best. You have to remember that everyone makes mistakes sometimes.” —Aly Raisman
75. “A trophy carries dust. Memories last forever.” —Mary Lou Retton
76. “No matter the circumstances that you may be going through, just push through it.” —Ray Lewis
77. “It’s going to be a journey. It’s not a sprint to get in shape.” —Kerri Walsh Jennings
78. “Age is no barrier. It’s a limitation you put on your mind.” —Jackie Joyner-Kersee
79. “Always work hard, never give up, and fight until the end because it’s never really over until the whistle blows.” —Alex Morgan
80. “What makes something special is not just what you have to gain, but what you feel there is to lose.” —Andre Agassi
Training quotes on its importance in getting results
81. “Confidence comes from discipline and training.” – Robert Kiyosaki
82. “Discipline is part of my professional training as a lawyer.” – Mohamed ElBaradei
83. “A cardio workout increases blood flow and acts as a filter system. It brings nutrients like oxygen, protein, and iron to the muscles that you’ve been training and helps them recover faster.” – Harley Pasternak
84. “I’m lucky to be part of a team who help to make me look good, and they deserve as much of the credit for my success as I do for the hard work we have all put in on the training ground.” – Lionel Messi
85. “My supplements are similar to my training – I always commit to being a better version of myself.” – Ronnie Coleman
86. “Everyone has the ability to increase resilience to stress. It requires hard work and dedication, but over time, you can equip yourself to handle whatever life throws your way without adverse effects to your health. Training your brain to manage stress won’t just affect the quality of your life, but perhaps even the length of it.” – Amy Morin
87. “Almost all our suffering is the product of our thoughts. We spend nearly every moment of our lives lost in thought, and hostage to the character of those thoughts. You can break this spell, but it takes training just like it takes training to defend yourself against a physical assault.” – Sam Harris
88. “You know, I looked at my face in the mirror this morning, and I like being old. My face has more content and when I train in the gym now, I am not training to be strong or handsome – just better than I was yesterday. These days the race is just against myself.” – Jean-Claude Van Damme
89. “You should always focus on training and consider it a step forward. And each step is taking you higher and higher until you reach the top, which is where you should stay.” – Kylian Mbappe
90. “The best form of welfare for the troops is first-rate training.” – Erwin Rommel
Training Quotes That Will Challenge You In Life
91. “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.” — Albert Einstein
92. If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.” — Isaac Newton
93. “Nobody will stop you from creating. Do it tonight. Do it tomorrow. That is the way to make your soul grow – whether there is a market for it or not! The kick of creation is the act of creating, not anything that happens afterward.” — Kurt Vonnegut
94. “Change almost never fails because it’s too early. It almost always fails because it’s too late.” — Seth Godin
95. “The best way to have a good idea is to have a lot of ideas.” — Linus Pauling
96. “Without change there is no innovation, creativity or incentive for improvement. Those who initiate change will have a better opportunity to manage the change that is inevitable.” — William Pollard
97. “Never before in history has innovation offered promise of so much to so many in so short a time.” — Bill Gates
98. “Big thoughts are fun to romanticize, but it’s many small insights coming together that bring big ideas into the world.” — Scott Berkun
99. “The best way to predict the future is to invent it.” — Alan Kay
100. “Creativity is thinking up new things. Innovation is doing new things.” — Theodore Levitt
Training Quotes To Help Bring Out The Best In You
101. “To become an expert, be ready to ask the dumbest question.” ― Martin Uzochukwu Ugwu
102. “Nothing trains a man better than his own trials.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
103. “Because of nothing but training, some people can effortlessly do something we cannot do even terribly.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
104. “Right Practice Makes Man Perfect” ― StudioGym
105. “Those who have been trained by life’s trials, knows the treasure hidden in this field.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
106. “Rationality is not a power you are born with but one you acquire through training and practice.” ― Robert Greene
107. “Training, doing something for myself, makes me happier and more appreciative of the time I have with my son. Being a runner makes me a better mother, and being a mother makes my running better.” ― Kara Goucher
108. “A healthy mind will train you in facing your adversity like a champ.” ― Pooja Agnihotri
109. “Train your mind to adjust in every possible situation you can think of, and then train your mind some more.” ― Sarvesh Jain
110. “Effective practice of solitude always give birth to freshness, renewal, refocus, rejuvenation, revelation and restoration.” ― Benjamin Suulola
Workout training quotes
111. “Once you are exercising regularly, the hardest thing is to stop it.” – Erin Gray
112. “Exercise is labor without weariness.” – Samuel Johnson
113. “If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.” – Thomas Jefferson
114. “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan
115. “All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.” – Michael John Bobak
116. “Put all excuses aside and remember this: You are capable.” – Zig Ziglar
117. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” – Earl Nightingale
118. “The pain you feel today will be the strength you feel tomorrow.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
119. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Ryun
120. “Action is the foundational key to all success.” – Pablo Picasso
Training Quotes To Inspire You Towards Professional Growth
121. “No matter how long you train someone to be brave, you never know if they are or not until something real happens.” ― Veronica Roth
122. “Real education is never acquisition of knowledge but training of character.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
123. “No one learns as much about a subject as one who is forced to teach it.” ― Peter Drucker
124. “A sense of curiosity is nature’s original school of education.” ― Smiley Blanton
125. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
126. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work and learning from failure.” ― Colin Powell
127. “Learning and innovation go hand in hand. The arrogance of success is to think that what you did yesterday will be sufficient for tomorrow.” ― William Pollard
128. “Remember the two benefits of failure. First, if you do fail, you learn what doesn’t work; and second, the failure gives you the opportunity to try a new approach.” ― Roger Von Oech
129. “He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
130. “Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.” ― Malcolm Forbes
Training Quotes To Perfect Your Skills
131. “Vary your training, your running partners, and your environment. Only your imagination limits the ways you can spice up your running routine.” — Bob Glover
132. “Few men are born brave. Many become so through training and force of discipline.” — Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus
133. “Remember why you’re running your marathon. When you’re struggling with those training runs that thought will help you.” — Anna Bartlett Warner
134. “My diet – I eat nutritionally-balanced meals. I work out. I do yoga. I love my yoga. I do boxing training because it’s fun.” — Nathalie Emmanuel
135. “I am forever grateful that I got some training in the theater – it reduces performance anxiety.” — Julia Stiles
136. “I don’t underestimate the power of mental preparation throughout all of my training. I’m in a much better state of mind about competition.” — Amanda Beard
137. “At the end of the season, I normally get some time off training and can go on vacation and enjoy myself.” — Usain Bolt
138. “When I first started training for wrestling I kind of abandoned everything else.” — Kevin Owens
139. “I don’t have a power nap when I have training. I take it so I am fresh again for the next session.” — Jurgen Klopp
140. “I became a player who goes to a lot of effort while training, who can rely on his will and his mental strengths.” — Rafael Nadal
Training Quotes To Motivate Trainees
141. “I think sometimes the best training is to rest.” — Cristiano Ronaldo
142. “Religion is the masterpiece of the art of animal training, for it trains people as to how they shall think.” — Arthur Schopenhauer
143. “I’m confident to say that if you want to grow in a profession, consistency is the key… I’m strict about my work goals and training.” — Eliud Kipchoge
144. “As long as you remain true to yourself and continue training with sincerity, nobody can stop you from achieving excellence.” — Milkha Singh
145. “In general, any form of exercise, if pursued continuously, will help train us in perseverance. Long-distance running is particularly good training in perseverance.” — Mao Zedong
146. “Bodybuilding is much like any other sport. To be successful, you must dedicate yourself 100% to your training, diet and mental approach.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
147. “Self-Realization Fellowship seemed like training. It was the training ground for finding a sense of peace in myself. Because that’s my job. It’s no one else’s.” — Mariel Hemingway
148. “I had been told that the training procedure with cats was difficult. It’s not. Mine had me trained in two days.” — Bill Dana
149. “I don’t really think about the difficulty or the possibility of making a mistake. I just try to relax and let my preparation and training take over.” — Simone Bile
150. “You don’t have to get ready if you stay ready, alright? I’m always in the gym, always training, all the time.” — Donald Cerrone
Training Quotes to Empower the Mind and Body
151. “The essence of training is the experience of training and what you learn about yourself through it. Training is about the process. You will get there and there is one simple thing to do it. Consistency.” ― Martyn Rooney
152. “I like pressure. It’s that kind of thing that will actually help me perform to the best of my abilities. It will help me with training. It’ll help with everything.” ― CM Punk
153. “You have to train smart. There is always a risk of over-training or training beyond what your body is able to recover from, and that leads to injuries.” ― Brock Lesnar
154. “I think we do need better training programs, we do need a way to get people from careers that are dead-end into new careers.” ― Douglas Holtz-Eakin
155. “You increase muscle bulk by training against resistance. For example, weights. And in ballet, this isn’t the case.” ― Deborah Bull
156. “When preparing for a concert, I do lots of training. I work with a choreographer to create great moves and then I have to keep my voice strong with lessons.” ― Miley Cyrus
157. “I find that fencing and training give me more stamina and help me deal with the craziness of being on the road so much.” ― Bruce Dickinson
158. “I was always a real athletic kid. Then when I got older, I just figured it was part of life to keep training.” ― Idris Elba
159. “For me a day without training is like a day without eating.” ― Haile Gebrselassie
160. “Life is the only art that we are required to practice without preparation, and without being allowed the preliminary trials, the failures and botches, that are essential for the training…” ― Lewis Mumford
161. “Running is a mental sport, more than anything else. You’re only as good as your training, and your training is only as good as your thinking.” ― Lauren Oliver
162. “There is no easy way to train an apprentice. My two tools are example and nagging.” ― Lemony Snicket
163. “I’m the well-trained fruit tree. Full of well-trained feelings and abilities and all of them grafted onto me” ― Frank Herbert
164. “Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.” ― C.M. Stunich
165. “There is more experience on the field of justification than on the camp of training. Sometimes, you got to take actions to learn more.” ― Israelmore Ayivor
166. “Conditioning was something I always shied away from, now I’ve learnt that training never stops.” ― Mark O’Brien
167. “Physics is becoming so unbelievably complex that it is taking longer and longer to train a physicist.” ― Eugene Paul Wigner
168. “We have no thoughts of our own, no opinions of our own; they are transmitted to us, trained into us.” ― Mark Twain
169. “Train hard while others don’t, so you can win while your opponents wont.” ― Andre Bramble
170. “Every day is a training day and every event is a training event.” ― James Pritchert
What did you learn from these training quotes?
What area are you looking to grow in your own life?
Where could you use a little training?
It might be to improve the skills you need for your job.
Or, maybe you’re training for a competition.
Regardless of what it is, it’s important to keep the motivation and inspiration in front of you in order to accomplish it.
Choose a few quotes from the list above that stand out to you and speak to you.
Then, write them down or record them somewhere that you’ll see them consistently.
This can be just the thing you need when you feel like giving up.
Stick with it, and eventually, the success will come.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these training quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.