There’s only one way to get better in life and these training quotes will show you how.
Life is all about growing and developing. No matter how old you get, there is always more to learn and ways that you can continue to grow.
However, getting better at anything in life isn’t necessarily easy. Instead, it takes work.
When society sees people succeed in any area of life, it often looks like an overnight success.
However, it’s usually just that society didn’t see all of the hard work and training that went into the success behind the scenes.
Whether it’s training your body or your mind, it’s the only way towards real success.
To motivate you along your journey, below you’ll find our collection of inspirational, wise, and thoughtful training quotes and sayings, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Also, check out these mastery quotes by Robert Greene to inspire creativity towards success.
Training Quotes about Success
1. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, it is that we are powerful beyond measure.” — Marianne Williamson
2. “Success in management requires learning as fast as the world is changing.” – Warren Bennis
3. “Right now, your competition is training.” — Unknown
4. “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough we must do.” – Goethe
5. “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.” — Richard Branson
6. “The battles that count aren’t the ones for gold medals. The struggles within yourself – the invisible, inevitable battles inside all of us – that’s where it’s at.” — Jesse Owens
7. “Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work gains success. Greatness will come.” – Dwayne Johnson
Training Quotes on the importance of training
8. “Not every difficult and dangerous thing is suitable for training, but only that which is conducive to success in achieving the object of our effort.” – Epictetus
9. “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.” – Henry Ford
10. “Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back, everything is different.” — Prince Caspian
11. “Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education.” – Mark Twain
12. “In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.” — Yogi Berra
13. “I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.” — Bruce Lee
14. “The only thing worse than training your employees and having them leave is not training them and having them stay.” – Henry Ford
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of Henry Ford quotes from one of America’s greatest pioneers.
15. “Running taught me valuable lessons. In cross-country competition, training counted more than intrinsic ability, and I could compensate for a lack of natural aptitude with diligence and discipline. I applied this in everything I did.” – Nelson Mandela
16. “Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.” – John F. Kennedy
17. “If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you’ll find an excuse.” – Ryan Blair
18. “Physical fitness can neither be achieved by wishful thinking nor outright purchase.” — Joseph Pilates
19. “The key is not the will to win. Everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important.” — Bobby Knight
20. “Wisdom…. comes not from age, but from education and learning.” – Anton Chekhov
Don’t forget to also check out these walking quotes and sayings about the mental, physical, and emotional benefits.
Training Quotes to Inspire You to Keep Going
21. “Be stronger than your strongest excuse. Be greater than your most negative voice.” – Alan Maiccon
22. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
23. “Learn as if you were not reaching your goal and as though you were scared of missing it” – Confucius
24. “One word: ‘fight.’ Anyone can do it when it feels good. When you’re hurting, that’s when it makes a difference, so you have to keep fighting.” – Erin Cafaro
25. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’” – Muhammad Ali
26. “I am always doing that which I cannot do in order that I may learn how to do it.” – Pablo Picasso
27. “I’m like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath.” – Fred Shero
28. “What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn’t think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
Training Quotes About Working Hard
29. “Don’t decrease the goal. Increase the effort.” — Tom Coleman
30. “Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.” — Muhammad Ali
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Muhammad Ali quotes on life, love and being a champion.
31. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
32. “Don’t complain. Just work harder.” — Randy Pausch
33. “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” – Derek Jeter
Also check out these wrestling quotes that will inspire you to never give up.
Training Quotes About Learning
34. “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” — Benjamin Frankin
35. “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
36. “An organization’s ability to learn, and translate that learning into action rapidly, is the ultimate competitive advantage.” – Jack Welch
37. “Sixty years ago I knew everything; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.” – Will Durant
38. “In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn.” – Phil Collins
39. “Job training empowers people to realize their dreams and improve their lives.” — Sylvia Matthews Burwell
Powerful Training Quotes
40. “Where my reason, imagination, or interest were not engaged, I would not or could not learn.” –Sir Winston Churchill
41. “When you’ve got something to prove, there’s nothing greater than a challenge.” – Terry Bradshaw
42. “The most important part of education is proper training in the nursery.” – Plato
43. “The beautiful thing about learning is that nobody can take it away from you.” – B.B. King
44. “For the best return on your money, pour your purse into your head.” – Benjamin Franklin
45. “Learning never exhausts the mind.” – Leonardo da Vinci
46. “You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him discover it within himself.” – Galileo Galilei
47. “On the mountains of truth you can never climb in vain: either you will reach a point higher up today, or you will be training your powers so that you will be able to climb higher tomorrow.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
48. “An individual step in character training is to put responsibility on the individual.” – Robert Baden-Powell
49. “For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.” – Aristotle
50. “Self education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is. ” – Isaac Asimov
More training quotes and sayings
51. “Nothing great was ever achieved without a personal sacrifice. You have to pay the price to realize your goals.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
52. “Training sessions are vital to the learning process, but they are only one step in the learning process and this should never be forgotten.” – Ravinder Tulsiani
53. “Training alone is rarely the answer to ensuring successful behavior change in the work environment.” – Ravinder Tulsiani
54. “Practice is the hardest part of learning, and training is the essence of transformation.” – Ann Voskamp
55. “Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character.” – Alan Armstrong
56. “The essence of training is to allow error without consequence.” – Orson Scott Card
57. “Disciplined training is a prerequisite for true artistic spontaneity.” – Ernest Cadorin
58. “All training except the most basic either secures or disestablishes things as they are.” – John Taylor Gatto
59. “Training is necessary for toughness.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
60. “If you convert your time into training, you will be wise.” – Sunday Adelaja
What did you learn from these training quotes?
What area are you looking to grow in in your own life? Where could you use a little training? It might be to improve the skills you need for your job.
Or, it might be that you’re training for a competition. Regardless of what it is, it’s important to keep the motivation and inspiration in front of you in order to accomplish it.
Choose a few of the quotes from the list above that stand out to you and speak to you. Then, write them down or record them somewhere that you’ll see on a consistent basis.
This can be just the thing that you need when you feel like giving up. Stick with it and eventually, the success will come.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these training quotes and sayings? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
March 4, 2021 6:00 AM EST