There’s only one way to get better in life and these training quotes will show you how.
Life is all about growing and developing. No matter how old you get, there is always more to learn and ways that you can continue to grow.
However, getting better at anything in life isn’t necessarily easy. Instead, it takes work.
When society sees people succeed in any area of life, it often looks like an overnight success.
However, it’s usually just that society didn’t see all of the hard work and training that went into the success behind the scenes.
Whether it’s training your body or your mind, it’s the only way towards real success.
To motivate you along your journey, below you’ll find our collection of inspirational, wise, and thoughtful training quotes and sayings, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Also, check out these mastery quotes by Robert Greene to inspire creativity towards success.
Training Quotes about Success
1. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, it is that we are powerful beyond measure.” — Marianne Williamson
2. “Success in management requires learning as fast as the world is changing.” – Warren Bennis
3. “Right now, your competition is training.” — Unknown
4. “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough we must do.” – Goethe
5. “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.” — Richard Branson
6. “The battles that count aren’t the ones for gold medals. The struggles within yourself – the invisible, inevitable battles inside all of us – that’s where it’s at.” — Jesse Owens
7. “Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work gains success. Greatness will come.” – Dwayne Johnson
Training Quotes on the importance of training
8. “Not every difficult and dangerous thing is suitable for training, but only that which is conducive to success in achieving the object of our effort.” – Epictetus
9. “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.” – Henry Ford
10. “Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back, everything is different.” — Prince Caspian
11. “Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education.” – Mark Twain
12. “In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.” — Yogi Berra
13. “I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.” — Bruce Lee
14. “The only thing worse than training your employees and having them leave is not training them and having them stay.” – Henry Ford
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of Henry Ford quotes from one of America’s greatest pioneers.
15. “Running taught me valuable lessons. In cross-country competition, training counted more than intrinsic ability, and I could compensate for a lack of natural aptitude with diligence and discipline. I applied this in everything I did.” – Nelson Mandela
16. “Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.” – John F. Kennedy
17. “If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you’ll find an excuse.” – Ryan Blair
18. “Physical fitness can neither be achieved by wishful thinking nor outright purchase.” — Joseph Pilates
19. “The key is not the will to win. Everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important.” — Bobby Knight
20. “Wisdom…. comes not from age, but from education and learning.” – Anton Chekhov
Don’t forget to also check out these walking quotes and sayings about the mental, physical, and emotional benefits.
Training Quotes to Inspire You to Keep Going
21. “Be stronger than your strongest excuse. Be greater than your most negative voice.” – Alan Maiccon
22. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
23. “Learn as if you were not reaching your goal and as though you were scared of missing it” – Confucius
24. “One word: ‘fight.’ Anyone can do it when it feels good. When you’re hurting, that’s when it makes a difference, so you have to keep fighting.” – Erin Cafaro
25. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’” – Muhammad Ali
26. “I am always doing that which I cannot do in order that I may learn how to do it.” – Pablo Picasso
27. “I’m like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath.” – Fred Shero
28. “What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn’t think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
Training Quotes About Working Hard
29. “Don’t decrease the goal. Increase the effort.” — Tom Coleman
30. “Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.” — Muhammad Ali
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Muhammad Ali quotes on life, love and being a champion.
31. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
32. “Don’t complain. Just work harder.” — Randy Pausch
33. “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” – Derek Jeter
Also check out these wrestling quotes that will inspire you to never give up.
Training Quotes About Learning
34. “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” — Benjamin Frankin
35. “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
36. “An organization’s ability to learn, and translate that learning into action rapidly, is the ultimate competitive advantage.” – Jack Welch
37. “Sixty years ago I knew everything; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.” – Will Durant
38. “In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn.” – Phil Collins
39. “Job training empowers people to realize their dreams and improve their lives.” — Sylvia Matthews Burwell
Powerful Training Quotes
40. “Where my reason, imagination, or interest were not engaged, I would not or could not learn.” –Sir Winston Churchill
41. “When you’ve got something to prove, there’s nothing greater than a challenge.” – Terry Bradshaw
42. “The most important part of education is proper training in the nursery.” – Plato
43. “The beautiful thing about learning is that nobody can take it away from you.” – B.B. King
44. “For the best return on your money, pour your purse into your head.” – Benjamin Franklin
45. “Learning never exhausts the mind.” – Leonardo da Vinci
46. “You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him discover it within himself.” – Galileo Galilei
47. “On the mountains of truth you can never climb in vain: either you will reach a point higher up today, or you will be training your powers so that you will be able to climb higher tomorrow.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
48. “An individual step in character training is to put responsibility on the individual.” – Robert Baden-Powell
49. “For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.” – Aristotle
50. “Self education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is. ” – Isaac Asimov
Training quotes to motivate you
51. “Nothing great was ever achieved without a personal sacrifice. You have to pay the price to realize your goals.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
52. “Training sessions are vital to the learning process, but they are only one step in the learning process and this should never be forgotten.” – Ravinder Tulsiani
53. “Training alone is rarely the answer to ensuring successful behavior change in the work environment.” – Ravinder Tulsiani
54. “Practice is the hardest part of learning, and training is the essence of transformation.” – Ann Voskamp
55. “Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character.” – Alan Armstrong
56. “The essence of training is to allow error without consequence.” – Orson Scott Card
57. “Disciplined training is a prerequisite for true artistic spontaneity.” – Ernest Cadorin
58. “All training except the most basic either secures or disestablishes things as they are.” – John Taylor Gatto
59. “Training is necessary for toughness.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
60. “If you convert your time into training, you will be wise.” – Sunday Adelaja
More training quotes and sayings
61. “It’s in my blood to be around people while I was training.” – Muhammad Ali
62. “Every training session, I work hard to improve my weaknesses and build on my strengths.” – Antoine Griezmann
63. “The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit.” – Morihei Ueshiba
64. “Training gives us an outlet for suppressed energies created by stress and thus tones the spirit just as exercise conditions the body.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
65. “It’s all to do with the training: you can do a lot if you’re properly trained.” – Queen Elizabeth II
66. “I train and I go home, and when I’m home, I think about training. That’s my life every day, and that’s it.” – Conor McGregor
67. “You are your greatest asset. Put your time, effort and money into training, grooming, and encouraging your greatest asset.” – Tom Hopkins
68. “The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in combat.” – Navy SEAL’s
69. “If you train hard, you’ll not only be hard, you’ll be hard to beat.” – Herschel Walker
70. “The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” – Muhammad Ali
Famous Training Quotes from Athletes
71. “Overpower. Overtake. Overcome.” —Serena Williams
72.“Passion first and everything will fall into place.” —Holly Holm
73. “The past doesn’t matter. Take today.” —Becky Sauerbrunn
74. “You can’t always be the best. You have to remember that everyone makes mistakes sometimes.” —Aly Raisman
75. “A trophy carries dust. Memories last forever.” —Mary Lou Retton
76. “No matter the circumstances that you may be going through, just push through it.” —Ray Lewis
77. “It’s going to be a journey. It’s not a sprint to get in shape.” —Kerri Walsh Jennings
78. “Age is no barrier. It’s a limitation you put on your mind.” —Jackie Joyner-Kersee
79. “Always work hard, never give up, and fight until the end because it’s never really over until the whistle blows.” —Alex Morgan
80. “What makes something special is not just what you have to gain, but what you feel there is to lose.” —Andre Agassi
Training quotes on its importance in getting results
81. “Confidence comes from discipline and training.” – Robert Kiyosaki
82. “Discipline is part of my professional training as a lawyer.” – Mohamed ElBaradei
83. “A cardio workout increases blood flow and acts as a filter system. It brings nutrients like oxygen, protein, and iron to the muscles that you’ve been training and helps them recover faster.” – Harley Pasternak
84. “I’m lucky to be part of a team who help to make me look good, and they deserve as much of the credit for my success as I do for the hard work we have all put in on the training ground.” – Lionel Messi
85. “My supplements are similar to my training – I always commit to being a better version of myself.” – Ronnie Coleman
86. “Everyone has the ability to increase resilience to stress. It requires hard work and dedication, but over time, you can equip yourself to handle whatever life throws your way without adverse effects to your health. Training your brain to manage stress won’t just affect the quality of your life, but perhaps even the length of it.” – Amy Morin
87. “Almost all our suffering is the product of our thoughts. We spend nearly every moment of our lives lost in thought, and hostage to the character of those thoughts. You can break this spell, but it takes training just like it takes training to defend yourself against a physical assault.” – Sam Harris
88. “You know, I looked at my face in the mirror this morning, and I like being old. My face has more content and when I train in the gym now, I am not training to be strong or handsome – just better than I was yesterday. These days the race is just against myself.” – Jean-Claude Van Damme
89. “You should always focus on training and consider it a step forward. And each step is taking you higher and higher until you reach the top, which is where you should stay.” – Kylian Mbappe
90. “The best form of welfare for the troops is first-rate training.” – Erwin Rommel
What did you learn from these training quotes?
What area are you looking to grow in in your own life? Where could you use a little training? It might be to improve the skills you need for your job.
Or, it might be that you’re training for a competition. Regardless of what it is, it’s important to keep the motivation and inspiration in front of you in order to accomplish it.
Choose a few of the quotes from the list above that stand out to you and speak to you. Then, write them down or record them somewhere that you’ll see on a consistent basis.
This can be just the thing that you need when you feel like giving up. Stick with it and eventually, the success will come.
April 15, 2022 5:00 AM EST