Are you looking for the best rodeo quotes?
If yes, we have got you covered, as here you can find the most popular and relevant rodeo quotes that are bound to bring out the rodeo fanatic within you.
These rodeo quotes are all about the enthusiasm and zeal associated with this sport.
Especially cowboys and cowgirls would love to read and share these rodeo quotes.
Apart from creating a list of popular rodeo quotes, we have also discussed the ‘Rodeo’ as an event.
You are going to have fun while reading this article.
So, let’s start digging!
What is a rodeo?
“Rodeo” is derived from the Spanish word “Rodear,” meaning ‘to go around’ or ‘surround.’
This word was first introduced to American English in 1834, which refers to a ‘round up’ of cattle.
At present, Rodeo is a popular American contest where cowboys and cowgirls display their horse and cattle riding skills.
Therefore, this event involves a wide range of cattle, horses, and other types of livestock.
Rodeo is a challenging game, allowing cowboys and cowgirls to test their:
There are five main events associated with Rodeo, but calf roping and saddle bronc riding are two of the most popular.
These events show the different 19th-century skills of cowboys that are passed down through generations.
In addition, some other primary contests, including steer wrestling, bareback-bronc riding, and bull riding, were made part of this festival during the 20th century.
Rodeo in today’s world
In the present scenario, the most popular and regular Rodeo events include women’s team roping and barrel sport.
Team Roping is a modern name for Heading and Heeling.
Roping is another distinguished Rodeo event.
Below are the top Rodeo events:
- Bareback Riding
- Tie-Down Roping
- Team Roping
- Steer Wrestling
- Saddle Bronc Riding
- Barrel Racing
- Bull Riding
- Steer Roping
Types of rodeo events
The Rodeo events include ‘timed’ events and ‘judged’ events.
During judged events, they give the scores to the contestants and animals depending on their performance.
Usually, there are one hundred points per game or ride.
Contestants race against time during ‘timed events.’
Top 10 rodeo quotes
This section contains the top most rodeo quotes that are simply amazing.
1. “I see the rodeo’s in town again.” — Bobby H. Barbee
2. “Rodeo Drive is a giant butterscotch sundae.” — Andy Warhol
3. “Life’s a rodeo and all you have to do is stay in the saddle.” — George Jung
4. “Rodeo riders are the last of the true chivalrous groups of people.” — Scott Glenn
5. “When I am at rodeo I find it difficult not to root for the animals.” — Demetri Martin
6. “I was street smart, but unfortunately the street was Rodeo Drive.” — Carrie Fisher
7. “Sometimes I think life is just a rodeo, the trick is to ride and make it to the bell.” — John Fogerty
8. “It seems a fine line between being a matador and being a rodeo clown.” — Jase Robertson
9. “Rodeo is about life lessons, and not just about belt buckles and winning.” — Jim Wakefield
10. “It’s the ropes and the reins, and the joy and the pain. And they call the thing rodeo.” — Garth Brooks
Rodeo quotes for rodeo fans
If you are a rodeo fan, we compiled these quotes just for you.
11. “Like a rodeo round and round and up and down we go. Some days it’s a battle just to stay up in the saddle.” — Paul Overstreet
12. “I can remember sittin in a cafe when I first started in rodeo, and waitin until somebody got done so I could finish what they left.” — Chris LeDoux
13. “I studied trumpet for almost 15 years and was performing with a professional concert marching band in parades and rodeos.” — R. Carlos Nakai
14. “I believe there is only one thing to say at this point.” What’s that?” Yee haw,” he said gravely and took me down like a rodeo calf.” — Karen Chance
15. “I wanted to be like my father, who was a cattleman and a rodeo roper. And that was – he was my hero, and I wanted to be more like him.” — Dave Brubeck
Quotes about the rodeo you won’t want to miss
16. “I couldn’t do country, with all due respect to all country music artists. My parents dressed me up with a cowboy hat and we’d go to the rodeo when I was younger and it traumatized me for life.” — Chris Colfer
17. “I raise quarter horses. Mine are mostly thoroughbred cross horses, a little bigger horses than some people like. I sell them or use them on the ranch. A lot of them go to the rodeo arena and some of them go to racetracks.” — Wilford Brimley
18. “The calf scramble will be during both rodeo performances and consist of children attempting to catch and halter several loose calves. If a child succeeds, he or she will receive a certificate to purchase a breeding animal to raise and bring back to the livestock show next year.” — Kim Carnes
19. “Sometimes I think that the only effective and productive method of destroying speciesism would be for each uncaring human to be forced to live the life of a cow on a feedlot, or a monkey in a laboratory, or an elephant in the circus, or a bull in a rodeo, or a mink on a fur farm.” — Gary Yourofsky
20. “I think that no matter what you do, whether you rodeo, whether you work in an office, you work in the oilfield or you play music for a living, eventually if you do enough of it, the devil in the back of your head tries to turn it into work. You have to find new ways to make it new and make it exciting to keep that drive there.” — Cody Johnson
Rodeo quotes to boost your enthusiasm
Reading these quotes will help you collect your courage and enthusiasm and face the challenges ahead.
21. “I’m more of a rodeo type guy.” — Larry the Cable Guy
22. “I’m one of the more pessimistic cats on the planet. I make Van Gogh look like a rodeo clown.” — Dennis Miller
23. “If you’re demanding a rodeo jester be thrown in the dungeons for mocking the king, don’t pretend you support a free country.” — Steve Stockman
24. “Who can go to a rodeo and then criticize the hunter? … an expertly placed bullet would be the best gift a rodeo horse could receive.” — Roger Caras
25. “We must educate the public. The average person has no idea of what’s going on in factory farms, in laboratories, circuses, roadside zoos or rodeos.” — Bob Barker
Rodeo quotes to make you feel blessed
26. “I had lots of breaks. I guess the one that got my foot in the door was singing the National Anthem at the National Finals Rodeo in Oklahoma City in ‘74.” — Reba McEntire
27. “Make me an angel that flies from Montgomery, make me a poster of an old rodeo just give me one thing that I can hold on to believe in this livin’ is just a hard way to go.” — John Prine
28. “Gene Autry was a pioneering star in the early days of music, radio, film, television, and rodeo performances. I am proud to posthumously honor such an inspiring role model.” — Adam Schiff
29. “They gave me the chaps and hat and everything. I looked like a real cowboy. I walked around the rodeo and thought, I am a real cowboy, and thought everyone thought I was a real cowboy.” — Michael Biehn
30. “The true meaning of America, you ask? It’s in a Texas rodeo, in a policeman’s badge, in the sound of laughing children, in a political rally, in a newspaper… In all these things, and many more, you’ll find America. In all these things, you’ll find freedom. And freedom is what America means to the world. And to me.” — Audie Murphy
Rodeo quotes with a strong message
These rodeo quotes would help you learn about the struggles in life.
31. “A good old rodeo never hurt anyone.” — Taylor Kitsch
32. “You might be a redneck if your sophisticated show-biz cousin is a rodeo clown.” — Jeff Foxworthy
33. “I’m divorced, and I’ve been to the circus and seen the clowns. This ain’t my first rodeo.” — Naomi Judd
34. “Somebody said they seen her heading out of town, now she ran away with a rodeo clown.” — Toby Keith
35. “For movies like The Longest Ride, I got to hang out with cowboys at rodeos and learned how to ride a bull, essentially.” — Scott Eastwood
More rodeo quotes to consider
36. “You know it’s important to have a Jeep in Los Angeles. That front-wheel drive is crucial when it starts to snow on Rodeo Drive.” — Christopher Guest
37. “I really didn’t go that hard, although a couple of years I did. Some guys work 125 to 130 rodeos a year. they’re just goin’ all the time.” — Chris LeDoux
38. “When I did the video for “Piledriver Waltz,” I was thinking about rodeo clowns, and how they’re risking their lives just to keep an entire arena laughing. They’re in danger!” — Caitlin Rose
39. “There is a rare exception of mainstream sports that have a fatality rate. That’s motorsports and rodeo,… football, baseball, basketball, and hockey, you make a mistake and you give up a run or some points. In these two sports, if you make a mistake, it could cost you your life.” — Don Andrews
40. “The Thieves of Manhattan is a sly and cutting riff on the book-publishing world that is quite funny unless you happen to be an author, in which case the novel will make you consider a more sensible profession-like being a rodeo clown, for example, or a crab-fisherman in the Bering Sea.” — Carl Hiaasen
Some other interesting rodeo quotes
Here are a few options if you are still looking for your preferred rodeo quotes.
41. “I’ve been on lots of film sets. I’ve produced films and written films and been around, so it wasn’t my first rodeo in terms of that stuff.” — Dan Mazer
42. “As they say in the rodeo business, he just drew a tough one. There were a lot of positives for Jason to take out of this. He put us in a position to win.” — Clint Hurdle
43. “I am not a rodeo clown, like, “Everything is awesome!” I really worked hard on myself and things and struggled to get to a good place, to a better place.” — Drew Barrymore
44. “There’s a big difference between me and a real, legitimate working hand, or a world-champion rodeo cowboy. I play ‘em, and I aspire to be like that, but those guys are tough.” — Luke Perry
45. “It’s great to learn more about sports I’m probably less familiar with – stock car racing, rodeo, e-sports – and realize that a lot of the people at the center of those sports bring the same level of passion, commitment, and disciple that I try to with football. Sports is a way of life for billions of people around the planet.” — Tom Brady
Rodeo drive quotes for the shoppers
46. “When the riots happened in L.A., they didn’t go to Beverly Hills to trash Rodeo Drive.” — Samuel L. Jackson
47. “Honestly, musicals? I just can’t. What if this was real life, and I was just walking down the street on Rodeo Drive and all of a sudden I just burst into song about how much I love shoes?” — Miley Cyrus
48. “I guess like most people I’m a bargain-hunter. I love a bargain. I found out there’s two prices on everything. There’s the Rodeo Drive price and there’s the same merchandise down the street.” — Liberace
49. “There are literally billions of people on the planet who live in unimaginable poverty that’s not in any way different from the plight of the people in Orchid. And you can’t have the splendor of Rodeo Drive without the sweatshops of Indonesia; those two things go hand in hand.” — Tom Morello
50. “When you grow up in Bel Air and shop only in expensive boutiques on Rodeo and Robertson, you develop a kind of allergy to anything unpretty -clothes, cars… even people… you start thinking that if you hang around unattractive people, their homeliness can be contagious.” — Nicole Richie
Which one of these rodeo quotes is your favorite?
The rodeo quotes listed above show human endurance, strength, and freedom.
We, as humans, were born free and have the strength to bring things under our control.
You can learn this from rodeo quotes, which can help strengthen you from the inside out.
If you have found your favorite rodeo quote, please share it by commenting in the section below.
We would love to hear from you!