60 Mama Bear Quotes About Not Messing With Someone’s Kids
February 6, 2023 5:00 AM EST
These mama bear quotes explain a mother’s instinct, love, and protective nature.
Some of them are also cute and funny and perfect for Instagram!
Human mothers are often referred to as mama bears, especially when they are extra protective of their children.
Are mother bears really one of the most protective animal mom’s?
Well, according to science it depends on the type of bear.
Black bears are much less likely to attack—even when their young are threatened.
Studies by Al Erickson and Lynn Rogers both seemed to conclude that a black bear would abandon their young if the cub was captured in their presence.
Now, personally, I would not test this theory. It is always good practice to never get between an animal and her offspring.
While the black bear might not become overly aggressive and attempt to eat your face, the same can not be said about a grizzly bear mama.
This one, you definitely do not want to encounter.
Obviously, grizzlies are a more violent bear to begin with, but throw in a cub, and you are about to have a very bad day.
The grizzly bear is a fierce and brutal animal, and an angry mama will show these traits in spades!
According to Bear.org, 70% of human deaths attributed to grizzly bears is due to a mother grizzly bear defending her cubs.
Keep reading through these mama bear quotes to learn more!
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has all of our motivational quotes for all the different areas of life.
Mama Bear quotes for Instagram
These mama bear quotes are the perfect Instagram post when matched with a picture. Which one would you use as a post?
1. “They call me Mama Bear!” — Unknown
2. “Mama Bear Mode: Activate.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on bear quotes.
3. “Caution: Mama Bear on duty!” — Unknown
4. “Don’t mess with Mama Bear’s cubs.” — Unknown
5. “One does simply anger Mama Bear!” — Unknown
6. “Don’t make me go Mama Bear on your ass!” — Unknown
7. “I’m a mama bear, and I’m always protecting my cubs.” — Unknown
8. “Warning: A fiercely protective Mama Bear guards this house!” — Unknown
9. “Proud mama bear, protector of my cubs, and their best friend!” — Unknown
10. “That awkward moment when you realize you have poked the wrong bear.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on mother and son quotes.
Mama Bear quotes about a mother’s instincts
A mother’s instincts are amazing. Take a look at the quotes below to learn more about a mother’s protective instinct.
11. “A mothers instinct is always the right instinct.” — Unknown
12. “Mothers instinct… Protect her child at all cost…” — Unknown
13. “Mothers Instinct… all species… timeless primal wisdom.” — Unknown
14. “A mother’s love is instinctual, unconditional, and forever.” — Unknown
15. “Most mothers are instinctive philosophers.” — Harriet Beecher Stowe
16. “Trust instinct to the end, even though you can give no reason.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
17. “Whenever I hear a baby’s cry I immediately look for my baby. It’s a mothers instinct.” — Unknown
18. “A mother holds her child’s hand for just a short time, but holds their heart forever.” — Krystal Nahdee
19. “Most men don’t become fathers until their baby is born while women have a mothers instinct during pregnancy.” — Unknown
20. “A mothers instinct is something no child, husband, or any other none mother will ever understand, no matter how hard you try to.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on mother daughter quotes.
Mama Bear quotes that demonstrate a mother’s love
A mother’s love is pure and powerful. Take a look at the quotes below for a glimpse into the love of a mother.
21. “A mother’s love for her children should never be underrated or questioned.” — Byron Pulsifer
22. “A mother’s love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.” — Unknown
23. “Mothers are nature’s ultimate mama bear. They stick up for their cubs no matter the cost.” — Unknown
24. “Our mothers have taught us so much. They’re mama bears who protect, love and nurture.” — Unknown
25. “If I had to choose between loving you and breathing.. I would use my last breath to tell you I love you.” — Unknown
26. “I am a mama bear when it comes to my kids. I love them like no other, and there’s nothing I wouldn’t do for them.” — Unknown
27. “Just remember, when your mother’s gnawing my ankle like a furious mama bear separated from her cum, I did it for you.” — Cassandra Clare
28. “Mama bears are true mothers… They love unconditionally. They share, heal and wipe tears even when it’s from the quietest of them all.” — Unknown
29. “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things, and crushes down remorselessly anything that stands in its path.” — Agatha Christie
30. “We’re all vulnerable from time to time. But it’s the mama bears who are reassuring and supportive when we need them — to pick up the pieces and carry our burdens for us.” — Unknown
Mama Bear quotes about the protectiveness of moms
Don’t test the protectiveness of a mother. As evidenced by the quotes below, a mother will defend their child at all costs!
31. “You threaten my son, you threaten me.” — The Blind Side
32. “I will eat your face if you mess with my cub.” — Unknown
33. “If you mess with my child I will unleash my fury and destroy your world.” — Unknown
34. “The most dangerous place on earth is between a mother and her children.” — Unknown
35. “I am fierce; I am brave; I am a warrior. And I will fight like one for these babies of mine.” — Unknown
36. “You have never experienced real crazy until you piss off a mother by messing with her child.” — Unknown
37. “Regardless of species, there is nothing more dangerous than a mother protecting her young.” — Unknown
38. “I’m about to show you what happens when you mess with one of my kids. You should probably brace yourself, this is going to hurt.” — Unknown
39. “Mama Bear is such a sweet way to describe the fact that I’d tear you open and eat your insides if you hurt my child.” — The Mom Life Uncensored
40. “I may seem quiet and reserved, but if you mess with my children, I will break out a level of crazy that will make your nightmares seem like a happy place.” — Unknown
Mama Bear quotes about motherhood and caregiving
These quotes show that a mother is a natural caregiver and will take care of her child no matter what. Which of the quotes below is your favorite?
41. “We are mothers of creation. We are the mama bears of motherhood.” — Unknown
42. “Mother is a verb. It’s something you do. Not just who you are.” — Cheryl Lacey Donovan
43. “Motherhood has relaxed me in many ways. You learn to deal with crises.” — Jane Seymour
44. “Motherhood is a state of mind. You can be a Mama Bear in every stage of life.” — Unknown
45. “Caregiving can be tough, but we all know that being a mama bear is the greatest job.” — Unknown
46. “When you’re a mama bear, motherhood doesn’t stop when the kids go to school. You’re a teacher too.” — Unknown
47. “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” — Sophia Loren
48. “Motherhood is wonderful, but it’s also hard work. It’s the logistics more than anything. You discover you have reserves of energy you didn’t know you had.” — Deborah Mailman
49. “The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. When you become a mother, you are no longer the center of your own universe. You relinquish that position to your children.” — Jessica Lange
50. “In every advanced mammalian species that survives and thrives, a common anthropological characteristic is the fierce behavior of the adult female of the species when she senses a threat to her cubs. The lioness, the tigress and the mama bear are all examples.” — Marianne Williamson
Mama Bear Quotes about the Strength of a Mother
51. “Successful mothers are not the ones that have never struggled. They are the ones that never give up, despite the struggles.” ― Sharon Jaynes
52. “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.” ― Barbara Kingsolver
53. “To be a mother, you must be strong. Even if you don’t feel it, you have to pretend.” ― Sade Adu
54. “A mother is a child’s first looking glass into the world.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
55. “What does a mama bear on the pill have in common with the World Series? No cubs.” — Harry Caray
56. “Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love, and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.” — Stevie Wonder
57. “As mothers, we just don’t want anything or anyone to hurt our babies.” ― Michelle Obama
58. “The fastest way to break the cycle of perfectionism and become a fearless mother is to give up the idea of doing it perfectly – indeed to embrace uncertainty and imperfection.” ― Arianna Huffington
59. “Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had, and dealing with fears you didn’t know existed.” ― Linda Wooten
60. “Being a mother has been the most challenging and the most rewarding position I will ever hold.” ― Cathy Shaffer
What is a grizzly bear like?
The grizzly bear has no enemies or predators in the wild.
The grizzly is a subspecies of the European and Asian brown bear.
They can be found roaming the wild in Alaska and Canada.
Many grizzly bears are also found in parks and reserves in Montana and Wyoming.
Fun fact, when visiting national parks like Glacier and Yellowstone you will encounter lots of bear related signage.
Bear spray is required on the trails and park officials recommend wearing bear bells to help avoid an encounter.
One of the strangest things you will find in the parks and parts of Montana is the bear trash can!
These trash cans are no ordinary receptacle!
They are large heavy steel containers with a special locking lid.
You have to slide your hand into the handle area and release the latch.
They are quite annoying for a human, and next to impossible for the bears to open.
They keep food remnants sealed away, which helps keep the bears away from areas frequented by people.
Whether or not the grizzly mama bear is the most protective animal mom (research points to that title actually belongs to the mama elephant), doesn’t mean she won’t come after you to protect her cubs.
According to oneearth.org, the bear that takes care of its young the best, is actually a panda bear!
What did you think of the mama bear quotes?
Do you find the term “mama bear” to be a compliment to your parenting skills or an insult?
Share the post with your friends and let us know your thoughts on ‘mama bears’ in the comment section below!