50 Stay at Home Mom Quotes From Various Perspectives
September 10, 2022 11:17 AM EST
If you are a stay at home mom then you will relate to everyone one these stay at home mom quotes.
Being a mom is hard work, no matter how you slice it.
I have been a working mom, a stay at home mom, and a mom who works from home.
Each situation comes with its own unique set of challenges.
There have been days where I have felt like if the children said “mom,” followed by yet another request of my time, I might just burst into tears.
As a stay at home mom, the need for adult interaction is a reality.
It is easy to lose yourself in the needs of the children and the house and forget who you are.
At one point I told my husband I didn’t feel like a wife and mother, just the person who took care of everything and cleaned the house.
The desire to let my skills shine and impact the world in some way weighed on me.
Of course, there are also moments of sheer bliss when you get to see every milestone or never miss a field trip, school program, or sporting event.
Being grateful for those things helps, but it still can be depressing.
And hard work…did I mention that!
Read these stay at home mom quotes for more perspectives about what it requires.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
Stay at home mom quotes about careers and job
Being a stay at home mom is a job, furthermore it is a career. Take a look at the quotes below for more perspective on the subject.
1. “Working moms, stay-at-home moms, they’re both extremely hard jobs.” — Hilary Rosen
You will also enjoy our article on home quotes.
2. “A stay-at-home mom is a working mom. Being a stay-at-home mom is a job.” — Cobie Smulders
You will also enjoy our article on Klaus Mikaelson quotes.
3. “Whether you are a stay-at-home mom, or on the red carpet, or in Afghanistan, the better you feel, the better you do your job.” — Bobbi Brown
4. “There are days when I struggle with wanting to be a full-time, stay-at-home mom, and feeling guilty about that because I work.” — Tori Spelling
5. “Having kids — the responsibility of rearing good, kind, responsible human beings — is the biggest job anyone can embark on.” — Maria Shriver
6. “The best career I’ll ever have, the profession where I’ll never stop learning, and the job that is worth all sacrifices, is being a mother to my children.” — Unknown
7. “But kids don’t stay with you if you do it right. It’s the one job where the better you are, the more surely you won’t be needed in the long run.” — Barbara Kingsolver
8. “I think women should have choices and should be able to do what they like, and I think it’s a great choice to stay at home and raise kids, just as it’s a great choice to have a career.” — Will Schwalbe
9. “Parenting is hard, especially trying to be patient with little versions of impatient you.” — Unknown
10. “Children are not a distraction from more important work. They are the most important work.” — Clive Staples Lewis
You will also enjoy our article on mother and son quotes.
Funny stay at home mom quotes
Some stay at home mom quotes to make you laugh. Check out the quotes below for a quick smile.
11. “Being a stay-at-home parent may be a luxury… but it sure isn’t luxurious!” — Unknown
12. “I think I would make a lousy stay-at-home mom. It just wouldn’t suit me.” — Claire Danes
13. “Life doesn’t come with a manual, it comes with a mother.” — Unknown
14. “I was going to throw in the towel, but then I remembered how much laundry I already have.” — Unknown
15. “My workday is done. I’m finally off work! I’m done for the day!’ – said no stay at home mom ever.” — Unknown
16. “We can’t afford a full-time chef, accountant, nanny, housekeeper, pet sitter, etc. so I’m a stay at home mom.” — Unknown
17. “I tried being a stay-at-home mom for eight weeks. I like the stay-at-home part. Not too crazy about the mom aspect.” — Ali Wong
18. “On being a stay at home mom: Half of the time, I feel like I’m running an insane asylum… the other half, I feel I belong in one.” — Unknown
19. “I love you kids so much, but the second your father comes home, I’m going to bust out of here like I’m escaping Alcatraz.” — Unknown
20. “Why isn’t the house clean and tidy when you’re home all day with the kids? …Because you’re home all day with the kids.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on mother daughter quotes.
Meaningful stay at home mom quotes
One thing is true about life, we all have mothers. Take a look at quotes about these amazing women.
21. “I loved being a stay-at-home mom.” — Beth Phoenix
22. “What an honor it is to be a stay-at-home mom and watch your babies grow.” — Unknown
23. “I’m so happy and thankful I made it a point be a stay-at-home mom.” — Candace Cameron Bure
24. “A person who abandons a career in order to stay home and raise children is considered not to be living up to his potential- as if a job title and salary are the sole measure of human worth.” — Bill Watterson
25. “Being a stay-at-home mom may be a job filled with long hours and no pay, but it also comes with a whole lot of benefits.” — Unknown
26. “Being a stay-at-home mom can be tough, but always remember in the eyes of your child, no one does it better than you.” — Unknown
27. “Being a stay-at-home mom is messy, it’s challenging, it’s crazy, it’s sleepless, it’s giving, and still one of the most beautiful gifts you will ever be given.” — Unknown
28. “Never underestimate your influence as a stay-at-home mom. Being a mother and raising your children is one of the most impactful and influential things you will ever do.” — Unknown
29. “Growing up, my mom was a stay-at-home mom. I knew that her entire world revolved around us, and she relished being involved in every school project and every craft.” — Marcela Valladolid
30. “To the stay-at-home mom who hasn’t felt like herself lately, I know how difficult it is when you catch yourself not being you. A lot has changed. Yet, this period of your life is not infinite. Your babies won’t be babies forever. So, be patient, enjoy this moment in life for what it is, and know your sparkle will return and you will shine again.” — Unknown
Life as a stay at home mom quotes
What is life as a stay at home mom like? Take a look at the quotes below for more insight!
31. “It’s okay if your dream in life is to be a stay-at-home mom.” — Unknown
32. “I think it’s a tough road if you’re a stay-at-home mom, a working mom, if you have a partner, if you don’t. It’s the best job in the world, and the toughest job in the world all at the same time.” — Angela Kinsey
33. “You will never look back on life & think ‘I spent too much time with my kids.’” — Unknown
34. “I live my life at these two extremes. I’m either a full-time stay-at-home mom or a full-time actress.” — Jennifer Garner
35. “Life as a stay-at-home mom—a long day is when you go to get into your pajamas and realize you never changed out of them.” — Unknown
36. “You know you’re officially living Mom Life when changing out of sweatpants and into yoga pants is how you get ready for the day.” — Unknown
37. “All these moms are on Pinterest making their own soap and homemade treats and I’m all like ‘I took a shower and kept the kids alive.’” — Unknown
38. “Being a stay-at-home mom may be hard, but no one ever looks back at the end of their life and thinks, ‘I spent too much time with my kids.’” — Unknown
39. “I spend as much time with my kids as any mom who stays home. I only work during the hours they’re at school, but there is always the sense of trying to catch up with all their stuff and not only organize my work life but also their school lives.” — Patricia Heaton
40. “I hate the phrase ‘having it all,’ because it demeans women who do stay home with their children, by implying that their lives are less than full. One of the main goals of the feminist movement is that all women should be able to make the best choices for themselves and their families, and no one should be belittled, degraded, or disregarded because of what she chooses to do.” — Kirsten Gillibrand
It’s not easy to be a stay at home mom quotes
Nothing great is easy! Those words fit perfectly with being a stay at home mom as evidenced by the quotes below.
41. “If evolution really works, how come mothers have only two hands?” — Milton Berle
42. “As a stay-at-home mom, I feel so blessed but also kind of a mess at the same time.” — Unknown
43. “Stay-at-home moms don’t need judgment. They need recognition. The work they do is hard.” — Unknown
44. “Dear stay-at-home mom, just in case no one tells you today, you’re doing a great job, mama!” — Unknown
45. “What I really wanted to do, actually, was stay home and be a mom and have some more kids.” — Suzy Amis
46. “I’m a real stay-at-home mom. I’m really hands-on. Everything else became secondary.” — Drew Barrymore
47. “The next person who says that being a stay-at-home mom is easy is gonna get punched with a hammer.” — Unknown
48. “But being a stay-at-home mom was the loneliest kind of lonely, in which she was always and never by herself.” — Barbara Kingsolver
49. “As a stay-at-home mom, I may have times where I am completely overwhelmed, but that doesn’t mean I am not completely grateful!” — Unknown
50. “I am proud to be a stay-at-home mom. It isn’t always easy, but it is a choice I got to make, and I am forever grateful for the opportunity to spend this time with my children.” — Unknown
Your kids will love you no matter what kind of mom you are
We are all out here just trying to do the best we can for our kids.
Some of us have the luxury to stay home (even though the job is far from luxurious), others could stay home but choose to work, and some moms need to work.
There shouldn’t be any shame with whatever you choose.
It is ok to have bad days, even if you wouldn’t change being a stay at home mom.
It is ok to talk about it, too! This doesn’t make you a bad mom!
In fact, finding other stay at home moms who understand the struggle can do you a world of good! Remember, that part about adult interaction…
Remember to take care of your own needs, too.
It is not selfish to take care of yourself, it is necessary.
This is especially true if you spend your day catering to the small people in your life and scrubbing toilets and cleaning the kitchen five times.
As evidenced by the stay at home mom quotes, enjoy the moments you have with your kids whether you are a stay at home mom or a working mom, because they go by too fast.
Believe it or not you will come to miss the days when you changed diapers, wiped snotty faces, and carried everyone around.
That day they leave for college will be here before you know it!
What are some of your biggest struggles and joys as a stay at home mom?
Share with your friends and let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.