We live in a time where being uninformed can cause serious issues, and these ignorance quotes should empower you to obtain as much knowledge as possible about the world around you.
Some people say ignorance is bliss, but is that really the case?
Is being uninformed really a good thing?
Granted, ignorance has its place in life in some cases.
But that’s only in the short term.
To achieve real fulfillment and satisfaction in life, you must acquire knowledge and information.
Knowledge is what introduces us to the world and makes us better people.
Knowledge is power.
Without it, we cannot achieve anything meaningful in life.
Knowledge helps us solve problems, prevents us from repeating the same mistakes, helps us understand who we are, and it can actually make you happy.
In today’s technology-driven world, it’s impossible to exist without knowledge.
Although being insensitive to the world around you might seem like the most comfortable option, ignorance can actually be a dangerous thing.
What kind of life do you think we would have if everyone was ignorant?
In this technology age, finding answers to almost anything is so simple.
Keep learning and keep gaining knowledge because that’s what life is about.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise and powerful ignorance quotes, ignorance sayings, and ignorance proverbs, collected from various sources over the years.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Look through our complete collection of inspirational quotes here.
Ignorance Quotes To Prove That Its Certainly Not Bliss
1. “Ignorance is my least favorite thing. I really think it’s at the core of all our problems.” – Naomi Judd
2. “Ignorance breeds fear. Knowledge drives those fears out.” – M. K. Soni
3. “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
4. “Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.” – Thomas Paine
5. “Ignorance speaks loudly, so as to be heard; but its volume proves reason to doubt every word.” – Wes Fessler
6. “There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
7. “True friendship can afford true knowledge. It does not depend on darkness and ignorance.” – Henry David Thoreau
8. “Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon or star.” – Confucius
9. “Ignorance deprives people of freedom because they do not know what alternatives there are. It is impossible to choose to do what one has never heard of.” – Ralph B. Perry
10. “If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.” ― Robert Orben
Ignorance quotes that will make you thirsty for knowledge
11. “Ignorance is the curse of God; knowledge is the wing wherewith we fly to heaven.” – William Shakespeare
12. “The truest characters of ignorance Are vanity, and pride, and annoyance.” – Samuel Butler
13. “Ignorance breeds monsters to fill up the vacancies of the soul that are unoccupied by the verities of knowledge.” – Horace Mann
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of knowledge quotes for those who love learning.
14. “The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don’t know anything about.” – Wayne Dyer
15. “Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.” – W. Clement Stone
16. “You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” – Harlan Ellison
17. “There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance.” – Hippocrates
18. “The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.” – Winston Churchill
19. “One of the greatest joys known to man is to take a flight into ignorance in search of knowledge.” – Robert Staughton Lynd
20. “Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.” – W. Clement Stone
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of stupid people quotes for smart solutions.
Ignorance quotes that will make you want to expand your horizon to a greater extent
21. “If ignorance is bliss, there should be more happy people.” – Victor Cousin
22. “It is certain, in any case, that ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have.” – James Baldwin
23. “Stress is an ignorant state. It believes that everything is an emergency. Nothing is that important.” – Natalie Goldberg
24. “The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all.” – John F. Kennedy
25. “Until you can ignore ignorance, neglect negativity, and disregard disrespect, you’re not ready for the next level. Success isn’t for the weak.” – Anonymous
26. “A quality education grants us the ability to fight the war on ignorance and poverty.” – Charles B. Rangel
27. “A wise man makes his own decisions, but an ignorant man mindlessly follows the crowd.” – Chinese Proverb
28. “Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.” – Thomas Jefferson
29. “Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
30. “Where there is charity and wisdom, there is neither fear nor ignorance.” – Francis of Assisi
Ignorance quotes on why it should not be tolerated
31. “Ignorance should not be tolerated. It isn’t worthy of our understanding or sympathy.” – Ethan Hunter
32. “Ignorance is not bliss. Ignorance is poverty. Ignorance is devastation. Ignorance is tragedy. It all stems from ignorance.” – Jim Rohn
33. “Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance.” – Robert Quillen
34. “The key is choice. You have options. You need not spend your life wallowing in failure, ignorance, grief, poverty, shame, and self-pity.” – Og Mandino
35. “Purity engenders Wisdom, Passion avarice, and Ignorance folly, infatuation and darkness.” – Cyril Connolly
36. “The only victories which leave no regret are those which are gained over ignorance.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
37. “The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: Be satisfied with your opinions and content with your knowledge.” – Elbert Hubbard
38. “Where ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of real peace.” – Dalai Lama
39. “We allow our ignorance to prevail upon us and make us think we can survive alone, alone in patches, alone in groups, alone in races, even alone in genders.” – Maya Angelou
40. “Ignorance has always been the weapon of tyrants; enlightenment the salvation of the free.” – Bill Richardson
Other ignorance quotes to inspire and teach
41. “The most violent element in society is ignorance.” – Emma Goldman
42. “The biggest roadblock to action on genocide and other human rights crimes is ignorance. Most people just don’t know that such things are happening, and often, if they have a vague idea they are happening, there is a feeling that there is nothing that can be done to stop these crimes.” – John Prendergast
43. “They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it’s not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.” – Terry Pratchett
44. “Ignorance, the root and stem of all evil.” – Plato
45. “Racism is a sign of ignorance, in my opinion. It’s people who haven’t been anywhere, haven’t seen the world.” – Tyson Fury
46. “Ignorance is always afraid of change.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
47. “The only foes that threaten America are the enemies at home, and these are ignorance, superstition and incompetence.” – Elbert Hubbard
48. “There are none so blind as those who will not see and there are none so ignorant as those who don’t have the perseverance to learn.” – Ian Gibbs
49. “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.” – Charles Darwin
50. “The person who admits ignorance shows it once; the one who tries to hide it shows it often.” – Japanese Proverb
More ignorance quotes and sayings
51. “Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” – Aldous Huxley
52. “War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.” – George Orwell
53. “Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation.” – Walter Cronkite
54. “Confidence is ignorance. If you’re feeling cocky, it’s because there’s something you don’t know.” – Eoin Colfer
55. “Living is Easy with Eyes Closed.” – John Lennon
56. “Without education, we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” – G.K. Chesterton
57. “There are no uninteresting things, only uninterested people.” – G.K. Chesterton
58. “Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.” – Benjamin Franklin
59. “Education is a system of imposed ignorance.” – Noam Chomsky
60. “A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.” – Saul Bellow
Powerful ignorance quotes to learn and think about
61. “A learned fool is more a fool than an ignorant fool.” ― Moliere
62. “I do not approve of anything that tampers with natural ignorance. Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone. The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound. Fortunately in England, at any rate, education produces no effect whatsoever.” ― Oscar Wilde
63. “What a refreshing mind you have, young man. There really is nothing quite like total ignorance, is there?” ― Neil Gaiman
64. “Our ignorance can be divided into problems and mysteries. When we face a problem, we may not know its solution, but we have insight, increasing knowledge, and an inkling of what we are looking for. When we face a mystery, however, we can only stare in wonder and bewilderment, not knowing what an explanation would even look like.” ― Noam Chomsky
65. “Anything was better than nothing. Half-full was better than empty. Ignorance was the lowest form of humiliation and suffering.” ― Becca Fitzpatrick
66. “It has become almost a cliché to remark that nobody boasts of ignorance of literature, but it is socially acceptable to boast ignorance of science and proudly claim incompetence in mathematics.” ― Richard Dawkins
67. “Any formal attack on ignorance is bound to fail because the masses are always ready to defend their most precious possession – their ignorance.” ― Hendrick Willem Van Loon
68. “Ignorance is the parent of fear.” ― Herman Melville
69. “A man is responsible for his ignorance.” ― Milan Kundera
70. “His progress through life was hampered by his tremendous sense of his own ignorance, a disability which affects all too few.” ― Terry Pratchett
Short Ignorance Quotes
71. “Ignorance is never better than knowledge.” — Enrico Fermi
72. “It is better to confess ignorance than provide it.” — Homer Hickam
73. “Nothing is worse than active ignorance.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
74. “It’s innocence when it charms us, ignorance when it doesn’t.” — Mignon McLaughlin
75. “Ignorance and inconsideration are the two great causes of the ruin of mankind.” — John Tillotson
76. “What we call evil, it seems to me, is simply ignorance bumping its head in the dark.” — Henry Ford
77. “Ignorance is innocence – stupidity comes with experience.” — Amos Bronson Alcott
78. “Stupidity is the deliberate cultivation of ignorance.” — William Gaddis
79. “I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.” — Thomas Carlyle
80. “It is as useless to fight against the interpretations of ignorance as to whip the fog.” — George Eliot
81. “It’s ignorant to think you know everything about a person. There’s many different sides to everybodys personality and there’s just different colours to a personality.”― Kelly Clarkson
82. “Ignorance is fatal.”― Ray Bradbury
83. “Ignorance is of a peculiar nature; once dispelled, it is impossible to reestablish it.”― Thomas Paine
84. “Isn’t it funny how ignorance is the source of strength of so many?”― Lionel Suggs
85. “Ignorance is one of the best defense available. Distraction is a remedy.”― Maulik Doshi
86. “Ignorance is not linear, it’s exponential.”― Spuds Crawford
87. “We are all ignorant once and only when someone or something that knows more than us, comes in.”― Emmanuel Aghado
88. “Even one voice in a wilderness of ignorance is a voice that is heard by someone.”― Kristen Ashley
89. “Ignorance is a virus. Once it starts spreading, it can only be cured by reason. For the sake of humanity, we must be that cure.”― Neil deGrasse Tyson
90. “I know no such disease of the soul, but ignorance.”― Ben Johnson
How did you find these knowledge quotes?
Knowledge is one of the most important gifts.
We should all make an effort to be educated on whatever topics we believe in and practice.
Without knowledge, you cannot be successful in life.
Although there may be situations when you’re happier not knowing, you need knowledge and information to achieve real fulfillment and satisfaction in life.
Which of these ignorance quotes was your favorite?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Feel free to share with us in the comment section below.
November 16, 2022 5:00 AM EST