Feel better with these surgery quotes.
Just hearing the word ‘surgery’ makes some people cringe.
Surgery is the medical procedure where doctors cut into your body.
Patients undergo surgery for a varied range of reasons.
A person can go under the knife for minor, major, emergency, urgent or elective surgeries.
The American College of Surgeons recognizes 14 different surgical specialties.
Famed doctor Deepak Chopra notes, “Preventive medicine isn’t part of a physician’s everyday routine, which is spent dispensing drugs and performing surgery.”
Surgery is a serious matter, no matter how minor it may seem.
Most medical professionals recommend that if your doctor recommends surgery, it is wise to get a second opinion where you inform another doctor about your health concerns and ask how they would treat it.
Comparing treatment is a prudent measure when considering any form of surgery.
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of nurse quotes honoring heroes of healthcare.
Funny surgery quotes
1. “It’s tricky to say ‘never,’ but I will never have plastic surgery.” — Lili Taylor
You will also enjoy our article on Mad Hatter quotes.
2. “I would trust citizen journalism as much as I would trust citizen surgery.” — Morley Safer
3. “Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.” — Al McGuire
4. “I’ve had so much plastic surgery when I die, they will donate my body to Tupperware.” — Joan Rivers
5. “I’m here instead of having shoulder surgery. But I’m not sure which is more painful.” — James Caan
6. “What I’m trying to achieve with my surgery is my own personal satisfaction. It’s narcissism.” — Pete Burns
7. “I’m an actor – it’s not brain surgery. If I do my job right, people won’t ask for their money back.” — Sean Connery
8. “I was going to have cosmetic surgery until I noticed that the doctor’s office was full of portraits by Picasso.” — Rita Rudner
9. “Since I had my gastric bypass surgery in 1998, I eat like a bird. Unfortunately, that bird is a California condor.” — Roseanne Barr
10. “You know, let’s put it this way, if all the people in Hollywood who have had plastic surgery if they went on vacation, there wouldn’t be a person left in town.” — Michael Jackson
Surgery quotes and sayings
11. “Botox to me is not surgery.” — Kim Kardashian
12. “I never thought make-up was like brain surgery.” — Francois Nars
13. “I definitely believe in plastic surgery. I don’t want to be an old hag. There’s no fun in that.” — Scarlett Johansson
14. “The problem with cosmetic surgery is that people who have it can only see how they look in the mirror.” — Jerry Hall
15. “I don’t really talk about surgery because I feel like no one should be judged on their journey.” — Candis Cayne
16. “I worked for a vet during high school, doing everything from cleaning cages to assisting in surgery.” — K. A. Applegate
17. “Weight loss surgery isn’t going to make you lose weight; it’s a tool to help you lose weight.” — Ashley Nell Tipton
18. “Becoming the new feminine ideal requires just the right combination of insecurity, exercise, bulimia, and surgery.” — Garry Trudeau
19. “Preventive medicine isn’t part of a physician’s everyday routine, which is spent dispensing drugs and performing surgery.” — Deepak Chopra
20. “You have no confidence when you come out of surgery because you can’t really do anything. You’re like, ‘Man, am I ever going to heal?’” — Rob Gronkowski
Inspirational surgery quotes
21. “I’ve had a lot of plastic surgery, and I’m completely honest about it.” — Anitta
22. “I see women in their 30s getting plastic surgery, pulling this up and tucking that back.” — Halle Berry
23. “Probably the only type of cosmetic surgery I’d consider is having my bust reduced.” — Kate O’Mara
24. “There’s a lot to get through. There’s the beautiful, delicate shaving first, which is really lovely.” — James Nesbitt
25. “I think it’s strange when people my age and younger get surgery. Somebody’s got to play old people.” —Ashley Jensen
26. “I have had heart surgery three times, so I know what it was like to have pins and needles stuck in you.” — Josh Ryan Evans
27. “I’ve never had plastic surgery, but if they made a new invention for making people taller, I’d be the first to have the surgery.” — Alanna Ubach
28. “The thought of somebody pulling and cutting around my face gives me stomach ache. Plastic surgery would be so painful.” — Salma Hayek
29. “I mean, I think I’m doing a lot better than other people that have had shoulder surgery in their careers. Some people have never come back.” — Maria Sharapova
30. “In all honesty, plastic surgery these days goes hand-in-hand with beauty maintenance. It’s nothing new. Who I am, my body, I was not created from surgery, at all, whatsoever.” — Carmen Carrera
Surgery quotes for a friend
31. “I did have reconstructive plastic surgery and a tummy tuck.” — Carnie Wilson
32. “I hate plastic surgery. I have a horror of any kind of knife. I don’t like it.” — Rebecca De Mornay
33. “Modern surgery has been like a miracle to those who thought the pain was going to go on forever.” — Maeve Binchy
34. “I thought that plastic surgery was easy, but it is really serious and is not something you want to mess around with.” — Heidi Montag
35. “Minimally invasive surgery is the way forward: the patient goes home the next day; there are fewer complications.” — Frans van Houten
36. “In my 20s, I was told by a camera lighting man I needed plastic surgery. In my 30s, I was constantly told I needed to lose weight.” — Toyah Willcox
37. “I jog every day, but I haven’t had plastic surgery – though that’s not to say if one day I look in the mirror and go ‘Ugh!’ I won’t have something done.” — Suzi Quatro
38. “I was on a bridge going down; the bicycle broke, and I smashed to the ground, face first. I broke my jaw and my teeth, and had to have plastic surgery.” — Sofia Helin
39. “Although we take it for granted, sanitation is a physical measure that has probably done more to increase human life span than any kind of drug or surgery.” — Deepak Chopra
40. “It’s a frustrating game because the situations so drastically change at different times over the course of the week, the game, the season. It feels like brain surgery at times.” — Tom Brady
More surgery quotes and sayings
41. “Brain surgery is a fairly aggressive process.” — James Nesbitt
42. “I don’t care what I look like. I must be comfortable.” — Miriam Margolyes
43. “Right now, after having had back surgery, I am finally back to running again.” — Frank Shorter
44. “Some of my friends have plastic surgery and Botox, but I’m not interested in it.” — Miriam Margolyes
45. “I have not had any plastic surgery in any shape or form. No implants. And my hair is not dyed.” — Pierce Brosnan
46. “I don’t want to fight aging; I want to take good care of myself, but plastic surgery and all that? I’m not interested.” — Christine Lahti
47. “Plastic surgery and breast implants are fine for people who want that if it makes them feel better about who they are.” — Kate Winslet
48. “We had to check that out and make sure it wasn’t cancerous. I had a polyp on my vocal cord, so I had that taken out.” — Zakk Wylde
49. “Comebacks are not at all easy. After a major surgery, the difficult part is to conquer the inner demons. It’s all in the mind.” — Rohit Sharma
50. “Plastic surgery can’t make you younger or more beautiful because beauty is in your eyes, isn’t it? It’s in your soul; you can’t strap it on.” — Sarah Parish
What did you learn from these surgery quotes?
In case you did not know, plastic surgery does not mean that surgeons use plastic or artificial materials.
Many people mistake the meaning of this type of surgery.
The word plastic comes from the Greek word plastikos which means to mold or give form.
The history of surgery is one of the most exciting and evolving areas of knowledge on planet earth.
Technology and medicine go hand in hand.
Modern advancements in surgery allow technology to assist in spectacular ways.
Dental and surgical procedures go back to the Neolithic and pre-classical ages.
Records of trephining or cutting a small hole in the head go back before 3000 BC and continued through the middle ages.
Ancient Incan surgeons in Peru performed successful brain and skull surgeries 7,000 years ago.
Researchers have found ancient surgeons successfully used these advanced techniques to treat soldiers who sustained injuries during combat.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these surgery quotes and sayings?
Let us know in the comment section below.