Staying motivated takes sharp focus, and these discipline quotes will serve as a constant reminder on your quest to achieve greatness.
You may also enjoy our article on:
Self discipline is one of the most important and useful skills you can have.
It is an essential skill in every area of life.
Discipline is the number one trait needed to create a happy mood, and healthy and meaningful life.
It allows you to benefit from consistent, daily action towards the achievement of your goals and dreams.
Studies have also shown that people with self discipline make positive decisions more easily and tend to feel more satisfied with their lives.
On the other hand, lack of discipline results in failure and other problems.
Without discipline, it’s impossible to achieve any kind of success; whether it’s in your personal life or in your professional life.
Self discipline is nothing more than having inner strength and control of yourself, your actions, and your reactions.
It is what gives you the ability to follow through your decisions, without changing your mind.
To help you take control of your habits and choices, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and powerful discipline quotes, discipline sayings, and discipline proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Also read these promise quotes about keeping your word that will remind you to always be honest and honorable.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Look through our complete collection of inspirational quotes here.
Discipline Quotes To Fuel Your Perseverance
1. “Self-discipline is when your conscience tells you to do something and you don’t talk back.” – W. K. Hope
You will also enjoy our article on sister quotes.
2. “Men need discipline! Countries need discipline! World needs discipline! He who wants to be successful needs discipline! Be a man of discipline!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
You will also enjoy our article on consistency quotes.
3. “Discipline and commitment is a pathway to reach goals and dreams.” – Dr. Anil Kr Sinha
You will also enjoy our article on commitment quotes.
4. “The discipline is the key to the success of your life purpose; without that, you reach no anywhere.” ― Ehsan Sehgal
You will also enjoy our article on focus quotes.
5. “True discipline is really just self-remembering; no forcing or fighting is necessary.” ― Charles Eisenstein
You will also enjoy our article on bridge quotes.
6. “Discipline trains you to put up with disappointments, every rose has a thorn.” – Sai Baba
You will also enjoy our article on Boss Lady quotes.
7. “No matter how sweet is smells, if you know it will give you discomfort later, don’t even attempt to taste it. Discipline yourself to stay out of sin!” ― Israelmore Ayivor
You will also enjoy our article on Jocko Willink quotes.
8. “The foundation of a strong self comes from small acts of daily discipline.” ― Ophelia Filek
You will also enjoy our article on tough love quotes.
9. “A disciplined mind leads to happiness, and an undisciplined mind leads to suffering.” ― Dalai Lama
You will also enjoy our article on training quotes.
10. “Freedom is not attained through the satisfaction of desires, but through the suppression of desires.” ― Epictetus
Discipline quotes that will inspire you to create a better life
11. “Discipline is not about the rules, it is about respect. Its respect for those around you, the things you own and for yourself. Discipline is part of being a steward.” ― Janna Cachola
You will also enjoy our article on motivational sports quotes.
12. “Whoever submits himself to a super-discipline can expect great triumphs.” ― Samael Aun Weor
You will also enjoy our article on workout motivation quotes.
13. “Always Remember to take your Vitamins: Take your Vitamin A for ACTION, Vitamin B for Belief, Vitamin C for Confidence ,Vitamin D for Discipline, Vitamin E for Enthusiasm!!” ― Pablo
You will also enjoy our article on running quotes.
14. “Self-respect is the root of discipline: The sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself.” ― Abraham Joshua Heschel
You will also enjoy our article on proud of you quotes.
15. “Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most.” – Augusta F. Kantra
You will also enjoy our article on weight loss quotes.
16. “By constant self-discipline and self-control, you can develop greatness of character.” ― Grenville Kleiser
You will also enjoy our article on Jim Rohn quotes.
17. “It’s been said that there are only two pains in life, the pain of discipline or the pain of regret, and that discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.” ― Anthony Robbins
You will also enjoy our article on Andrew Tate quotes.
18. “Discipline yourself to do the things you need to do when you need to do them, and the day will come when you will be able to do the things you want to do when you want to do them!” – Zig Ziglar
19. “Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.” – Roy L. Smith
20. “Discipline not just determines success but determines how long you can stay successful.” ― C Muthu Palaniappan
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check out our collection of encouraging quotes to help keep you going.
Discipline quotes to help you take control of your habits and choices
21. “Some people regard discipline as a chore. For me, it is a kind of order that sets me free to fly.” – Julie Andrews
22. “When an individual is motivated by great and powerful convictions of truth, then he disciplines himself, not because of the demands of the church, but because of the knowledge within his heart” ― Gordon B. Hinckley
23. “We must do our work for its own sake, not for fortune or attention or applause.” ― Steven Pressfield
24. “Right discipline consists, not in external compulsion, but in the habits of mind which lead spontaneously to desirable rather than undesirable activities.” – Bertrand Russell
25. “Don’t let the things of the world distract you. Focus on your purpose.” ― Sunday Adelaja
26. “Discipline is the thing that makes you do what you might not want to, but you do it anyway because it’s what you have to do in order to get what you want or desire.” ― Kyle Vidrine
27. “For every disciplined effort there is a multiple reward.” – Jim Rohn
28. “With discipline, you can lose weight, you can excel in work, you can win the war.” ― Amit Kalantri
29. “The most successful people in life are the ones who settle their critical issues early and manage them daily.” ― John C. Maxwell
30. “The most powerful control we can ever attain, is to be in control of ourselves.” ― Chris Page
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check out these wise sayings about life to expand your understanding.
Discipline quotes to help you follow through with your decisions and plans
31. “If you will discipline yourself to make your mind self-sufficient you will thereby be least vulnerable to injury from the outside.” – Critias Of Athens
32. “A person either disciplines his finances or his finances disciplines him.” ― Orrin Woodward
33. “Without discipline the Army would just be a bunch of guys wearing the same color clothing.” – Frank Burns
34. “A mode of conduct, a standard of courage, discipline, fortitude and integrity can do a great deal to make a woman beautiful.” ― Jacqueline Bisset
35. “Never give up. Believe behave and you will become.” ― Jennifer Pierre
36. “Do not let the temporal pain of discipline you need to acquire knowledge stop you from acquiring it.” ― Sunday Adelaja
37. “Misbehavior and punishment are not opposites that cancel each other – on the contrary, they breed and reinforce each other.” ― Haim G. Ginott
38. “Self discipline is the mother of success.” ― Topsy Gift
39. “If measured and weighed properly, the pain, loss, tragedy, sorrow, regret and agony behind worldly pleasure are far more than the enjoyment in it.” ― Bamigboye Olurotimi
40. “Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage.” ― Thucydides
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check out these achievement quotes to motivate you for massive success.
Other discipline quotes to help you gain the willpower to live a happier life
41. “Discipline and constant work are the whetstones upon which the dull knife of talent is honed until it becomes sharp enough, hopefully, to cut through even the toughest meat and gristle.” – Stephen King
42. “If you dedicate your attention to discipline in your life you become smarter while you are writing than while you are hanging out with your pals or in any other line of work.” ― Russell Banks
43. “No man is such a conqueror, as the one that has defeated himself.” – Henry Ward Beecher
44. “Self-discipline is the ability to organize your behavior over time in the service of specific goals.” ― Nathaniel Branden
45. “True freedom is impossible without a mind made free by discipline.” ― Mortimer J. Adler
46. “Discipline isn’t about showing a dog who’s boss; it’s about taking responsibility for a living creature you have brought into your world.” ― Cesar Millan
47. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” – Jim Rohn
48. “The notion of freedom proclaimed by the modern world is anti-discipline. But true freedom cannot be separated from discipline.” ― Matthew Kelly
49. “Lack of discipline leads to frustration and self-loathing.” – Marie Chapian
50. “Discipline imposed from the outside eventually defeats when it is not matched by desire from within.” – Dawson Earle Trotman
Don’t go without reading these perseverance quotes to make you strong.
Discipline quotes we should all learn and apply
51. “Have your dream…What you need now more than anything is discipline. Cast off mere words. Words turn into stone. (from Thailand)” ― Haruki Murakami
52. “It is time to reverse this prejudice against conscious effort and to see the powers we gain through practice and discipline as eminently inspiring and even miraculous.” ― Robert Greene
53. “The real liberation dwells in the discipline.” ― Neeraj Agnihotri
54. “Striving to be good is the ultimate struggle of every man. Being bad is easy, but being good requires sincere commitment, discipline and strength. We have to work hard every day just to remain good.” ― Suzy Kassem
55. “”If there is no discipline, there is anarchy. Good citizenship demands attention to responsibilities as well as rights.” ― Joe Clark
56. “To become the most successful person, focus on one thing and keep working on that one thing throughout your life.” ― Anuj Jasani
57. “Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end.” ― Robert Fripp
58. “Discipline is a habit in a fluid state. Fluidity allows the habit to adjust to changing circumstances.” ― Sukant Ratnakar
59. “Not one life reaches its potential until it is determined, dedicated, and disciplined.” ― Shaneen Clarke
60. “It’s not about the obstacles but your discipline to stay focused on your goal till you win.” ― Chidiebere Orji Agbugba
Short Discipline Quotes From Famous People
61. “Rule your mind or it will rule you.” — Horace
62. “Discipline is wisdom and vice versa.” — M. Scott Peck
63. “Through discipline comes freedom.” — Aristotle
64. “Success is measured by your discipline and inner peace.” — Mike Ditka
65. “Discipline is remembering what you want.” — David Campbell
66. “Once you have commitment, you need the discipline and hard work to get you there.” — Haile Gebrselassie
67. “Without hard work and discipline, it is difficult to be a top professional.” — Jahangir Khan
68. “It takes discipline not to let social media steal your time.” — Alexis Ohanian
69. “Self-discipline begins with the mastery of thought.” — Napoleon Hill
70. “Discipline is what makes you do everything you need to do.” — Anthony Joshua
Discipline Quotes To Help You Achieve Your Goals
71. “Discipline – Success doesn’t just happen. You have to be intentional about it, and that takes discipline.” — John C. Maxwell
72. “Discipline is what you must have to resist the lure of excuses.” — Brian Tracy
73. “I define discipline as the ability to make + keep promises and to honor commitments.” — Stephen Covey
74.”To reach the goals of your life, you need discipline, you need luck and you need something as important as these two: Vacations!” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
75. “I won’t say I am a strict mother, but discipline is important. Timing and routine are important for kids.” — Karisma Kapoor
76. “That aim in life is highest which requires the highest and finest discipline.” — Henry David Thoreau
77. “I want to dedicate myself to training and discipline. I want to spend every moment of every day working to improve myself.” — Eiji Yoshikawa
78. “The discipline you learn and character you build from setting and achieving a goal can be more valuable than the achievement of the goal itself.” — Robert Foster Bennett
79. “No one likes to fail. But we mortals do not become champions without effort and discipline or without making mistakes.” — Dieter F. Uchtdorf
80. “The pain of discipline is short, but the glory of the fruition is eternal.” — Harriet Beecher Stowe
Discipline Quotes To Fuel Your Success
81. “Self-discipline is what separates the winners and the losers.” — Thomas Peterffy
82. “Without self-discipline; no success principle can work.” ― Anikor Daniel
83. “Without self-discipline, success is impossible, period.” — Lou Holtz
84. “The discipline you enforce today determines the successes you’ll enjoy tomorrow.” — Gary Ryan Blair
85. “Self-discipline is that which, next to virtue, truly and essentially raises one man above another.” — Joseph Addison
86. “Once you set the goal , it takes fierce discipline to reach it.” — Sam Moore
87. “Discipline is rarely enjoyable, but almost always profitable.” — Darrin Patrick
88. “With self-discipline most anything is possible.” — Theodore Roosevelt
89. “Self-discipline is a key to many doors. Not least of which is one that leads to a better, stronger, and healthier version of yourself.” — Zero Dean
90. “Self-discipline paves the way to turn your dreams into reality.” — Alex Garry
Discipline Quotes To Make You Determined
91. “The secret of discipline is motivation. When a man is sufficiently motivated, discipline will take care of itself.” ― Alexander Paterson
92. “All excellence involves discipline and tenacity of purpose.” ― John W. Gardner
93. “If we are to have such a discipline we must have standards, and to get our standards under existing conditions we must have criticism.” ― Irving Babbitt
94. “Talent without discipline is like an octopus on roller skates.” ― H. Jackson Brown
95. “I think of discipline as the continual everyday process of helping a child learn self-discipline.” ― Fred Rogers
96. “Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes.” ― Buddha
97. “But the discipline you have in your life should be one determined by your own desires and your own needs, not put upon you by society or authority.” ― Bertrand Russell
98. “No evil propensity of the human heart is so powerful that it may not be subdued by discipline.” ― Seneca
99. “The discipline of writing something down is the first step toward making it happen.” ― Lee Iacocca
100. “Self-discipline is the ability to make yourself do what you should do, when you should do it, whether you feel like it or not.” ― Elbert Hubbard
Discipline Quotes on Achieving Success through Discipline
101. “Keeping your body in shape is a spiritual discipline. Its not just about losing a few pounds, wanting to live longer, or trying to look nicer.” ― Rick Warren
102. “If you don’t have discipline, you don’t have anything.” ― Paul J. Meyer
103. “Unfortunately, too many public school officials believe that cameras are needed to enforce order and discipline.” ― Paul Weyrich
104. “You have to be disciplined because if you lose your discipline and lose your shape, we’re playing against better players, so they’ll take advantage.” ― Paul Jewell
105. “Ethics is not just an abstract intellectual discipline. It is about the conflicts that arise in trying to meet real human needs and values.” ― John Ziman
106. “I hated school so intensely. It interfered with my freedom. I avoided the discipline by an elaborate technique of being absent-minded during classes.” ― Sigrid Undset
107. “You have got to have discipline and focus – on the customer and how you run the business.” ― Jim Cantalupo
108. “Perfect retention. I dont think I could do that-Ive never disciplined myself to do it.I suppose a lot of it is a question of discipline. Which improvisation is not.” ― George Shearing
109. “Discipline is simply the art of making the soldiers fear their officers more than the enemy.” ― Claude Adrien Helvetius
110. “It’s just a matter of understanding what’s necessary and discipline yourself to do it.” ― Arthur Lydiard
Which of these discipline quotes was your favorite?
Self discipline gives you the power to stay focused on what needs to get done to successfully reach your full potential.
It is one of the most important requirements for living a happy and meaningful life.
The good news is that we all have the ability to develop the self discipline necessary to reach our goals and dreams.
Hopefully, the discipline quotes above will help you create a better life.
Which of these quotes resonated with you best?
Do you have any other inspirational discipline quotes to add?
Feel free to share with us in the comment section below.
January 30, 2023 5:00 AM EST