All that matters is those real friends who are truly by your side through thick and thin, and these fake friends quotes and fake people quotes will gift you with perspective on the difference between those who are real and who aren’t.
After all, the only friends who really matter in life are the ones who are right there by your side no matter what the circumstance. Don’t get fooled or taken for granted, let these quotes about fake friends and quotes about fake people show you how to see people for who they are underneath the surface.
Whether it’s through work, school, or just everyday activities, friendships are bound to develop.
Although friends are usually the ones who we grow with and add joy to our lives, through time, friendships can dissolve because of underlying unfavorable qualities or differences.
Whether it’s at work or in a social group, we all have to deal with fake friends at some point in our lives.
If you’re in a friendship where you do not feel your needs are fully supported or acknowledged, maybe it’s time to gracefully end the relationship.
If you find yourself in this situation, use these quotes about fake friends to restore faith in yourself and your ability to attract positive relationships.
We also have a collection of jealousy quotes about dealing with envy. Remember to check that as well.
Fake friends quotes to help you cherish the real ones
1. “Most people want to see you do better, but not doing better than them.” – London Mond
2. “The only thing more frustrating than slanderers is those foolish enough to listen to them.” – Chris Jammi
3. “Someone who smiles too much with you can sometimes frown too much with you at your back.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
4. “Friends ask you questions; enemies question you.” – Criss Jami
5. “Fear of something is at the root of hate for others, and hate within will eventually destroy the hater.” – George Washington Carver
6. “Hatred imprisons the haters; love opens doors.” – Debasish Mridha
7. “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” – Arnold H. Glasow
8. “Friendship is delicate as a glass, once broken it can be fixed but there will always be cracks.” – Waqar Ahmed
9. “No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.” – Alice Walker
10. “The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals and dreams. The weak-minded become haters.” – Steve Maraboli
You might also like these lies quotes and sayings for healing and moving on.
Quotes about fake friends and moving on
11. “Fake friends are like shadows. They follow you in the sun but leave you in the dark.”
12. “Fake friends are like shadows: always near you at your brightest moments, but nowhere to be seen at your darkest hour. True friends are like stars, you don’t always see them but they are always there.” – Habeeb Akande
13. “Letting go of toxic people in your life is a big step in loving yourself.” – Hussein Nishah
14. “People only throw shade on what’s shining.” ― Genereux Philip
15. “Mindset matters…always. The difference found between the victorious and the envious, the successful and the haters; is mindset.” ― Steve Maraboli
16. “You create more space in your life when you turn your excess baggage to garbage.” – Chinonye J. Chudolue
17. “Controllers, abusers, and manipulative people don’t question themselves. They don’t ask themselves if the problem is them…they always say the problem is someone else.” – Darlene Quimet
18. “Learn to use the criticism as fuel and you will never run out of energy.” – Orrin Woodward
19. “It makes no sense to try to extend a friendship that was only meant to be a season into a lifetime.” – Mandy Hale
20. “Some people think that the truth can be hidden with a little cover-up and decoration. But as time goes by, what is true is revealed, and what is fake fades away.” – Ismail Haniyeh
Also check out these thought-provoking enemy quotes that will make you want to cut ties with your frenemies.
Fake friends quotes on how to deal with them
21. “False friendship, like the ivy, decays and ruins the walls it embraces; but true friendship gives new life and animation to the object it supports.” – Richard Burton
22. “We never lose friends. We simply learn who the real ones are.” – Unknown
23. “Knowledge planted in truth grows in truth. Strength born of peace loses nothing to hate.” – Aberjhani
24. “Before you count your friends, make sure you can count on them. Some friends are only around when they want something from you but are never there when you need something from them.” – Rashida Rowe
25. “A friend who stands with you in pressure is more valuable than a hundred ones who stand with you in pleasure.” – Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton
26. “Time passes and you begin to see, people for who they really are and not who they pretend to be.” – Scarlet Koop
27. “There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.” ― Jane Austen
28. “Not all toxic people are cruel and uncaring. Some of them love us dearly. Many of them have good intentions. Most are toxic to our being simply because…they aren’t inherently bad people, but they aren’t the right people for us. And as hard as it is, we have to let them go.” – Daniell Koepke
29. “Always sleep with one eye open. Never take anything for granted. Your best friends might just be your enemies.” – Sara Shepard
30. “Buy a gift for a dog and you will be amazed at the way it will dance and swerve its tail, but if you don’t have anything to offer it, it won’t even recognize your arrival; such are the attributes of fake friends.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
Also read these manipulation quotes to keep toxic people away.
Fake friends quotes for those who betrayed you
31. “If it comes, let it come. If it goes, it’s ok, let it go. Let things come and go. Stay calm, don’t let anything disturb your peace, and carry on.” ― Germany Kent
32. “Stay true to yourself. An original is worth more than a copy.” – Suzy Kassem
33. “A lot of problems in the world would disappear if we talk to each other instead of about each other.” – Unknown
34. “Better an honest enemy than a false friend.” – German Proverb
35. “Some people aren’t loyal to you. They are loyal to their need of you. Once their needs change, so does their loyalty.” – Unknown
36. “Trolls and haters are only distractions from your greater purpose. When you achieve your goals and success, not only will the trolls and haters be forgotten, but they will definitely be looked upon as the biggest fools.” – Kaitlin Gow
37. “You got nothing to lose. You don’t lose when you lose fake friends.” – Joan Jett
38. “If people are hating on you it’s often because they are: 1. Threatened by you, 2. Jealous of you or 3. Feeling like you’re above them so they put you down to feel better about themselves. The greatest people have haters for a reason, so take it as a compliment.” ― Jeanette Coron
39. “Sometimes it’s not the person who changes, it’s the mask that falls off.” – Mhaj Porras
40. “True friendship can afford true knowledge. It does not depend on darkness and ignorance.” – Henry David Thoreau
Fake friends quotes and fake people quotes to help you manage
41. “A friendship that can cease has never been real.” – St. Jerome
42. “I got my own back.” – Maya Angelou
43. “Some people are going to leave, but that’s not the end your story. That’s the end of their part in your story.” – Unknown
44. “We teach people how to treat us.” – Dr. Phil
45. “Fire false friends as early as possible. Do it before they dig out the dream seeds you’ve planted. The earlier, the better; the quicker, the safer.” – Israelmore Ayivor
46. “Fake friends believe in rumors. Real friends believe in you.” – Unknown
47. “Lovers have a right to betray you, friends don’t.” – Judy Holliday
48. “One of the biggest flaws of people is pretending to be blind to their own mistakes, but do not pretend deaf towards the mistakes of others.” – Unknown
49. “At some point you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life.” – Sandi Lynn
50. “An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.” – Buddha
Fake friends quotes about people and their lies
51. “Life is all about losing friends, the people you know. So, just that you get better at finding the ones worth suffering for.” ― Mohit Kaushik
52. “We never lose friends, fake ones are exposed.” ― Carlos Wallace
53. “Being too nice is a crime today.Fake friends are every where around you. they will use you and when you are of no use, throw you away like a wrapper .” ― Shizra
54. “Always be careful of your friend who loves your enemy; you either trust such a fellow for your life or for your death!” ― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
55. “Fake friends are with you today and against you tomorrow.whatever they say defines them not you .” ― Shizra
56. “Nobody wants to know how you feel, yet, they want you to do what they feel.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
57. “Some friends are like pennies, two-faced and worthless.” – Unknown
58. False friendship, like the ivy, decays and ruins the walls it embraces; but true friendship gives new life and animation to the object it supports. – Richard Burton
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our selection of friendship quotes celebrating life-long relationships.
59. “An honest enemy is better than a best friend who lies.” – Vandi Tanko
60. “Be very careful of who you share your problem with, remember that not every friend that smiles at you is your best friend.” – Kemmy Nola
Fake friends quotes to help you treasure the true ones
61. “You never lose Friends.
Real ones will always stay – no matter what
and the fakes, you don’t need anyways.” ― Drishti Bablani
62. “Some people are willing to betray years of friendship just to get a little bit of the spotlight.” – Lauren Conrad
63. “You should be aware of fake friends because it is the hardest to be aware of.” ― Eraldo Banovac
64. “I hate fake people. You know what I’m talking about. Mannequins.” – Jarod Kintz
65. “Make sure the lions you roll with aren’t snakes in disguise.” – Genereux Philip
66. “Best friends has 11 letters, but so does Backstabber.” – Wiz Khalifa
67. “Anyone that hates on you is always below you, because they’re just jealous of what you have.” – Miley Cyrus
68. “Don’t fear the enemy that attacks you, but the fake friend that hugs you.” – Unknown
69. “He who is jealous, is never jealous of what you see, with what is imagined is enough.” – Jacinto Benavente
70. “A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your success!” – Doug Larson
For additional reading, be sure to also check out these letting go quotes for finally moving on.
Fake friends quotes and fake friends sayings
71. “Sometimes the person you’d take a bullet for ends up being behind the gun.” – Tupac
72. “A genuine enemy is more useful than a fake friend.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
73. “You always knew after shitty things happened, who your friends really were.” – Jodi Picoult
74. “What greater wound is there than a false friend?” – Sophocles
75. “It is only the great hearted who can be true friends. The mean and cowardly, can never know what true friendship means.” – Charles Kingsley
76. “Eliminate those fake friends who seem real when you have something and disappear when you have nothing.” – Rashida Rowe
77. “The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves.” – William Penn
78. “The worst part of success is trying to find someone who is happy for you.” – Bette Midler
79. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey
80. “Being betrayed is one of the most valuable lessons life can teach.” – Shania Twain
Quotes about fake friends and betrayal
81. “It’s hard to tell who has your back, from who has it long enough just to stab you in it….” ― Nicole Richie
82. “The worst pain in the world goes beyond the physical. Even further beyond any other emotional pain one can feel. It is the betrayal of a friend.” ― Heather Brewer
83. “It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them.”― Confucius
84. “It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.”― William Blake
85. “To me, the thing that is worse than death is betrayal. You see, I could conceive death, but I could not conceive betrayal.”― Malcolm X
86. “Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.”― Mineko Iwasaki
87. “Betrayal is common for men with no conscience.”― Toba Beta
88. “Betrayal is never easy to handle and there is no right way to accept it.”― Christine Feehan
89. “Shattered legs may heal in time, but some betrayals fester and poison the soul.”― George R.R. Martin
90. “Betray a friend and you’ll often find you have ruined yourself.” — Aesop
You might also like these I’m Sorry quotes for when you can’t find the right words.
Quotes about fake people and jealousy
91. “A persons character is shown through their actions in life NOT where they sit on Sunday.”― Navonne Johns
92. “When you see the genuine, you don’t deal with the fakes anymore.”― Nima davani
93. “What’s the whole point of being pretty on the outside when you’re so ugly on the inside?”― Jess C. Scott
94. “I love fake people provided they are mannequins.”― Pushpa Rana
95. “life is too short for fake butter or fake people.”― Karen Salmansohn
96. “Feigned interest is worse than brutal honesty.”― Stewart Stafford
97. “If they talk about other people with you, they will talk about you with other people.”― Carlos Wallace
98. “When people smile at a rich man, they are smiling at his wallet.”― Matshona Dhliwayo
99. “Anyone can just speak words, but only one that is tried-and-true can mean them.”― Terry O’Neal
100. “The fake people do not dare to come out from their mask and face the truth of the real ones.”― Ehsan Sehgal
Fake people quotes and sayings to remember
101. “You don’t lose friends because real friends can never be lost. You lose people masquerading as friends, and you’re better for it.” ― Mandy Hale
102. “Fake relationships and fake people coming up to me and all of a sudden wanting to be my friend.” – Jason Ritter
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of toxic relationships quotes that will remind you it’s time to make some big changes.
103. “I hate those who play with feelings of others.” – Dominic Carey
104. “Fake friends will believe the gossip about you, but real friends know better and stand up for you.” – Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of gossip quotes that will help you eliminate rumors from your life.
105. “If I doubt your intentions I will never trust your actions.” – Carlos Wallace
106. “Spend your time with those who love you unconditionally, not with those who only love you under certain conditions.” – Suzy Kassem
107. “People wear masks of lies so that they look attractive, so be careful.” – Muhammad Saqib
108. “I don’t have time for fake friends anymore. Either be real, or be gone.” – Unknown
109. “You can’t always go by actions because some people will ACT like they love you just to get what they want from you.” – Sonya Parker
110. “Fake friends believe in rumors. Real friends believe in you.” – Yolanda Hadid
111. “The word “friend” is a label anyone can try on. You decide who is best suited to wear it.” – Carlos Wallace
112. “No one forced you to love me, so why did you need to pretend? Your lies have left me heartbroken.” – Shami Paulin
113. “Just like seasons, people also change. But the difference is, once gone, seasons come back.” – Himanshu Chhabra
114. “Stop falling for those who won’t raise you up in the future.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
115. “One should have the ability to distinguish between real and fake. Specially Real and Fake Love.” – George Femtom
You’ll also love these new friends quotes celebrating our ability to make adult friends.
More fake people quotes and fake friends sayings
116. “Fake friends believe in what the rumor tells. True friends believe in what you say.” – Unknown
117. “Someone who smiles too much at you might also be frowning too much at you behind your back.” – Unknown
118. “They wanna see you do good, but never better than them. Remember that.” – Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of sad love quotes to help you deal with difficult emotions.
119. “A fake friend is someone who will drill holes in your boat to make it leak.” – Unknown
120. “A friend to all is a friend to none.” – Aristotle
121. “Sometimes the more someone is trying to look like a saint, it could mean that they have bigger horns to hide.” – Unknown
122. “Goodbye is the best ever gift that you can receive from worse friends.” – Israelmore Ayivor
123. “Cutting fake people out of my life does not mean that I am petty. It just means that I respect myself.” – Unknown
124. “When you cut off fake friends, you make more room for your true friends.” – Unknown
125. “Be careful that you do not let in people who are wearing a mask to make themselves seem more attractive on the inside.” – Unknown
126. “Someone who smiles too much with you can sometimes frown too much with you at your back.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
127. “I’ve got more respect for someone who comes out and says they don’t like me than for the ones who act like they do but talk bad about me when I’m not around.” – Mitchell Perry
128. “Don’t tell me what they say about me. Tell me why they feel comfortable telling you.” – Unknown
129. “You’ll be surrounded by many so-called well-wishers during your good times but there’ll be only a few ones around you in your bad times.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
130. “A person’s true colors will always show within time. You may be fooled for the moment, but be patient and see what happens.” – Unknown
Were you able to relate to these fake friends quotes and sayings?
Whether you’re currently dealing with toxic friendships, a fake friend, or even acknowledging natural pruning of social relationships, find the positives in the negative, and then just move on.
Take the time to focus on your own strengths. Do what brings you joy. Live your life with a positive outlook and cherish the true friends who have stayed with you through hard times.
Which fake friends quote resonated with you best? Do you have any other favorite quotes about fake people to add to the list? Let us know in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it.
November 23, 2021 6:00 AM EST